BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 28 1 2 25 26 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14 year olds playing 17 year olds - sure - nothing to see here

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you really think any team has 17 year old freshmen, you need to get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are clueless. Crabs and FCA have a slew of a16 year old rising Sophmores and a nice little collection of 17 year olds to boot. MIAA kids - no surprise there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

If you really think otherwise, you need to wake up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are clueless. Crabs and FCA have a slew of a16 year old rising Sophmores and a nice little collection of 17 year olds to boot. MIAA kids - no surprise there.

If you can play, you'll make it. If you can't, you won't. End of story. Save the holdback propaganda for the youth forums, where there is at least a reasonable case for age brackets. Attempting to discredit kids that the State recognizes as Sophomores in High School is a useless waste of time.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks lost to clams and 3d....bwahahahaha. Hawks suck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha. Don't you mean - if you can play you will make it - if you can't - just repeat a grade and then you will make it.

Propaganda is information that is misleading. There is nothing misleading about the fact that the 2020 Crabs and FCA teams are stocked with kids that should be rising Jrs. and in some cases rising Srs.

Hint - If you can drive yourself to the Under Armour tournament without your parent in the car - you probably shouldn't be in the 9th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear about all of this hold back and how bad it is etc. There is a rule about being 19 your SR. year by sept 1 and not being able to play in the MIAA...Why do we not hear about all of these kids who were held back having to forego their SR season because they are to old. Has anyone ever heard a player missing because of age?? Let it Go!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. They go to another school - IMG, Deerfield, Avon, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha. Don't you mean - if you can play you will make it - if you can't - just repeat a grade and then you will make it.

Propaganda is information that is misleading. There is nothing misleading about the fact that the 2020 Crabs and FCA teams are stocked with kids that should be rising Jrs. and in some cases rising Srs.

Hint - If you can drive yourself to the Under Armour tournament without your parent in the car - you probably shouldn't be in the 9th grade.

Correct, you are misleading. There is no "should be", there just "is". The State of Maryland Board of Education and the Motor Vehicle Administration (MD) have all of the information that should help educate you with your false assertions. Hint - both organizations don't use what you think in determining eligibility for items under their jurisdiction. You don't like that HS isn't measured by exact birth year. I don't like that public schools don't offer pre-first. My opinion is irrelevant, as is yours.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No freshman is 17. You cannot turn 19 before the beginning of your senior year, donkey.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. They go to another school - IMG, Deerfield, Avon, etc.

In MD I never hear about kids leaving their SR year form their current HS to go to IMG, Deerfield etc. I have heard of kids graduating then going to one of those schools but never, not once of them leaving in their SR year to do that. If you know of someone who has done that please let us know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My opinion and USL's are one in the same. Age based classification needs to be the law of the land when it come to youth lacrosse. Gaming the system by playing down one or two years in a pathetic attempt to make your kid look superior is beyond the pale. Sorry little Billy, Danny, Jack, etc. can't hack playing against kids their own age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No freshman is 17. You cannot turn 19 before the beginning of your senior year, donkey.

If you are turning 19 any time during the first 4 months of your Sr year you are way to old to be there. We can argue the rule all day but no one can argue that there son was a very deferent player from 14 to 15 and 6 months or older. This 12 to 18 month advantage these kids have is crystal clear. And to say it is not a huge advantage from 10 to 15 years old is nuts. I agree the rules do not stop it so to talk about it over and over is silly. But for anyone to act like a huge advantage is not gained by the reclass child is just as or more silly to say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My opinion and USL's are one in the same. Age based classification needs to be the law of the land when it come to youth lacrosse. Gaming the system by playing down one or two years in a pathetic attempt to make your kid look superior is beyond the pale. Sorry little Billy, Danny, Jack, etc. can't hack playing against kids their own age.

This is a HS age forum ding dong. We can all agree that the graduation year of 2020 is HS now, right, regardless of how many years it took the kids to get here? In that case, the State makes the determination regarding grade classifications, not some nitwit parent on a forum, and not even some non-existent USL overlord. So let's get back to a real argument, like that one year back in the day when the A team played down at B and won Lax Splash, huge travesty, still hoping they lay down some consequences to that group, it was horrific.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are turning 19 any time during the first 4 months of your Sr year you are way to old to be there. We can argue the rule all day but no one can argue that there son was a very deferent player from 14 to 15 and 6 months or older. This 12 to 18 month advantage these kids have is crystal clear. And to say it is not a huge advantage from 10 to 15 years old is nuts. I agree the rules do not stop it so to talk about it over and over is silly. But for anyone to act like a huge advantage is not gained by the reclass child is just as or more silly to say.

You are not allowed to advocate against holding back, spell different wrong, and use there instead of their all in the same paragraph. Just no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you write in revolt of not being held back?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you turn this upside down and read backwards, it says, "shOuld Have hEld baCk"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a HS age forum ding dong. We can all agree that the graduation year of 2020 is HS now, right, regardless of how many years it took the kids to get here? In that case, the State makes the determination regarding grade classifications, not some nitwit parent on a forum, and not even some non-existent USL overlord. So let's get back to a real argument, like that one year back in the day when the A team played down at B and won Lax Splash, huge travesty, still hoping they lay down some consequences to that group, it was horrific.

Ding Dong - you made me laugh.

So if you are playing on the UA Command Team at the age of 17 pretending to be a rising sophomore while your actual on age friends are playing on the UA highlight team does that make you feel like an absolute weak [lacrosse] poseur - if not - it should. Well - at least you get to drive mommy's Audi to the PSATs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ding Dong - you made me laugh.

So if you are playing on the UA Command Team at the age of 17 pretending to be a rising sophomore while your actual on age friends are playing on the UA highlight team does that make you feel like an absolute weak [lacrosse] poseur - if not - it should. Well - at least you get to drive mommy's Audi to the PSATs.

No, I held back long time ago, so my friends are on in my grade on the team, and my mom is a world class cheapskate, would never buy me a car. I have to borrow her terd of what I consider a minivan to my daycare everyday, and yes, I love bullying those little f'ers everyday too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Calvert Hall freshman turned 17 in April

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman mid 17 in March

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is an FCA player who turned 17 freshman year. Double holdback, club hopper too. Who's the donkey?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is an FCA player who turned 17 freshman year. Double holdback, club hopper too. Who's the donkey?

because it's written anonymously on the internet it must be true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously - the holdbacks on the Crabs, FCA and Looneys are plainly obvious. Stop with the denials that there are not single and double holdbacks on those teams. Where outside of Baltimore/MIAA do you see 9th graders with full beards who drive?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen. Reading these forums helps me feel better about that. I need someone to explain this issue. I live in rural Maryland and we don't have enough lax players to field U12, U13, U14 etc. Our programs used to be U13 and then U15. My donkey math tells me that a 24 month span of birth dates a lol play on the same team. Fast forward to grade based...... A holdback, on a grade based team, might allow for that same 24 month age difference on that team. I'm a country bumpkin that knows nothing about nothing but...... I fail to see the difference. Full disclosure..... my son repeated first grade. He enjoys playing with his classmates. He's not competitive in mind but he has always been talented enough to play up (sometimes 2 levels) to raise his game. We attended Nike Bluechip and had had this same discussion (albeit without the nastiness that I find on these boards) with a bunch of parents. It sure sounded like a lot of the kids repeating, were not doing it for athletic reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously - the holdbacks on the Crabs, FCA and Looneys are plainly obvious. Stop with the denials that there are not single and double holdbacks on those teams. Where outside of Baltimore/MIAA do you see 9th graders with full beards who drive?

Some of the Canadians rolled into Naptown in floatplanes, eh.
All of the private schools are setting up prefirst programs now, just shut up an enjoy the ride. Your kid will make it, or he won't, but your drivel about holdbacks won't have anything to do with it..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally someone is trying to move to age base
NXT Sports
https://nxtsports.com/blog/entry/nx...to-adopt-us-lacrosse-age-segmentation-p/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT Sports

Are you going to post this 5x every day on every forum?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Link does not work - but it is only a matter of time before youth lacrosse goes age based. All of it. You want to grow the game? Make it so the playing field is level across the board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Link does not work - but it is only a matter of time before youth lacrosse goes age based. All of it. You want to grow the game? Make it so the playing field is level across the board.

100% agree. Plus isn't that really the only way to tell who the "best" players are? If you are older and look good, really it means nothing in the long run. The only reason you look good now is because you are older, not because you are actually better!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT Sports

Are you going to post this 5x every day on every forum?

I hope he does! Scroll past it, not to hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen. Reading these forums helps me feel better about that. I need someone to explain this issue. I live in rural Maryland and we don't have enough lax players to field U12, U13, U14 etc. Our programs used to be U13 and then U15. My donkey math tells me that a 24 month span of birth dates a lol play on the same team. Fast forward to grade based...... A holdback, on a grade based team, might allow for that same 24 month age difference on that team. I'm a country bumpkin that knows nothing about nothing but...... I fail to see the difference. Full disclosure..... my son repeated first grade. He enjoys playing with his classmates. He's not competitive in mind but he has always been talented enough to play up (sometimes 2 levels) to raise his game. We attended Nike Bluechip and had had this same discussion (albeit without the nastiness that I find on these boards) with a bunch of parents. It sure sounded like a lot of the kids repeating, were not doing it for athletic reasons.

Well gosh, if your kid wants to play with his classmates then I guess that's all the argument that's needed! Sorry but that might just be a consequence of your decision. Academics and athletics do not have to go together, they require different skills.
The difference has been explained many times between a U13, U15 system and what's happening now, I'm sorry you don't understand it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prediction, NXT tournaments will be even weaker than they already are next summer and moving forward. No top teams are going to go to age based tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will explain it to you mister Einstein....

When you have a two year difference in age based leagues . Every other year your child gets to play as the oldest...Do you understand that. One year he is one on younger age players side of league...Next Year he is one of the older age players of league. Really pretty simple..All kids are treated the same with SAME Birthdays.

Now we have grade base, Little Johnny holdback prefirsts is ALWAYS not only with older side of players..He is the oldest except other holdbacks/prefirsts.. Never is he having to take a turn of being with his proper age group. He is the oldest with the younger player always.

Other players born on EXACT same birthday never get to enjoy little Johnny holdback/prefirsts specific advantage.

Hopefully that explains this to you Einstein and others who seem to like this reason for letting holdbacks/prefirsts play against younger players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep - doesn't matter what any of them did, really. FCA killed it all tourney, and they came out on top. At the end of the day, they were the best team. Lax Black killed Hawks after they squeaked by Crabs, and FCA squeaked by Looneys and squeaked by Lax Black to win the tourney. They all played great lax all weekend, and I think any of them could beat each other any given day.Looneys had just beaten Crush the weekend before, and that doesn't happen often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA, Crabs and Looneys - men playing amongst boys....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go get a life [lacrosse]. You know not what you speak. How is that amongst words? Very obvious your kid couldn't make any of the three listed teams, so you start with the sour grapes. Boo hoo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean 17 year olds playing amongst 15 year olds dont you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean 17 year olds playing amongst 15 year olds dont you?

Well, there are a total of (2) two 17 year old kids in the 2020 circuit in and around Maryland, out of the say, 1,000-1,250 kids that play club in the same area. I guess that is your point, to bring to light that the two oldest kids in the league have approached 17 years of age. Just as you have proven someone has to be the oldest, someone has to be the dumbest. Thank you. And in other breaking news, fart noise.

Page 27 of 28 1 2 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard