BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,376
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 89 of 102 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Warriors as usual played nobody at the NXT every team in there bracket had a losing record.

That's a lie - look it up & compare their bracket with the others - basically the same.Just more excuses.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don;t think Igloo really belongs in the conversation any more

Look at Igloo's last 2 tournaments: last week Young Guns (this was probably the weakest YGs field in years) - played 3 nobodies in pool play, barely beat a terrible Looneys team (1-2 record) in playoff and then got absolutely destroyed by the Hawks in the final. They went 1-2 in Summer Slam the week before losing to 2 teams that didn't win the Championship. They played in crappy tournaments leading up to this and when they played some semblance of competition they were awful. But yet they still claim to be a top 5 team - that bandits win last year can only take you so far. Daddy ball and the toxic atmosphere created by both coaches are killing the team.

At least the Warriors and S2S play anyone and everyone. Don't know much about the RI tournament - seems like maybe they wanted to end on a nice weekend in Newport. A little cheesy but hey the Bandits played in that Trilogy tournament - that was probably worse. For all trying out for Igloo - beware of the coaches. Do your homework on both.

[/quote]

Think it's fair to say to do your homework on all of the above teams and their coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's just nothing like tryout season on LI. Year after year like clock work you read the same bs. Coaches, directors and parents of kids who got cut or are afraid to get cut on here making sht up about every team, posting dire warnings for all those parents who could possibly be thinking of finding a better team or situation for their kid. The complete bs that people come up with never seases to amaze.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue parents are awfully quiet today. Funny how they play two good games in a tournament and come on to tell everyone that will listen that they are a top 5 team, but then play another tourney and get decimated and it's crickets. A lesson in humility for you.

All anyone has said was that they were good enough to be in an AA bracket. Which they showed that this weekend with every game competitive but one. They have come a long way and continue to do so. Remember this was their first ever AA bracket. Next year they will continue to pass by teams. The coach has improved these kids tremendously and this summer has proven that.

Anyone can enter a AA bracket.They finished with an overall record of 2w - 3L & finished 8th out of 15 teams. Hardly impressive & they still have a long way to go so please stop with this talk of top 5.

True, anyone can enter. But some teams would rather not take the chance of losing. They would rather play the same 5 teams over and over at crappy local tourneys and try to win a shirt. Fortunately, some teams realize that it's not about wins and losses, but instead about putting their players against the best available talent and challenging them to do their very best, take the physical punishment against teams full of holdbacks, learn to beat kids that are bigger, stop kids that are faster and use every last bit of energy they have to try to win. These kids are learning about perseverance. They are learning the importance of leaving it all on the field. You don't learn that by playing teams beneath you. For that, you need to be challenged. I don't know about you, but those are the transcendent lessons that I want my son to learn.

Not with true blue, but well said.

Right. Good luck at Patriot Games this weekend. Competition looks fierce. The TB boys will certainly be challenged. Especially if one of the 2023/2024 teams makes it to the championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All anyone has said was that they were good enough to be in an AA bracket. Which they showed that this weekend with every game competitive but one. They have come a long way and continue to do so. Remember this was their first ever AA bracket. Next year they will continue to pass by teams. The coach has improved these kids tremendously and this summer has proven that.

Anyone can enter a AA bracket.They finished with an overall record of 2w - 3L & finished 8th out of 15 teams. Hardly impressive & they still have a long way to go so please stop with this talk of top 5.

True, anyone can enter. But some teams would rather not take the chance of losing. They would rather play the same 5 teams over and over at crappy local tourneys and try to win a shirt. Fortunately, some teams realize that it's not about wins and losses, but instead about putting their players against the best available talent and challenging them to do their very best, take the physical punishment against teams full of holdbacks, learn to beat kids that are bigger, stop kids that are faster and use every last bit of energy they have to try to win. These kids are learning about perseverance. They are learning the importance of leaving it all on the field. You don't learn that by playing teams beneath you. For that, you need to be challenged. I don't know about you, but those are the transcendent lessons that I want my son to learn.

Fair enough. Not a TB parent, but appreciate the idea that they gave it a shot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue parents are awfully quiet today. Funny how they play two good games in a tournament and come on to tell everyone that will listen that they are a top 5 team, but then play another tourney and get decimated and it's crickets. A lesson in humility for you.

Thanks Mom . We get it - the kids are trying very hard. Keep up the good work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right. Good luck at Patriot Games this weekend. Competition looks fierce. The TB boys will certainly be challenged. Especially if one of the 2023/2024 teams makes it to the championship.

One thing is for sure - the boys will persever & leave it all out on the field.Best of luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a burly blend of negative coaching, favoring your son and screaming at other kids to cover up his mistakes, favoring kids from your son's town (i.e. his friends) over stronger players, having your son not come off the field as stronger players watch in confusion from the sidelines. Oh...I could have just said daddy ball! Their decline was predictable. Kids do get good a lesson in adult politics and nepotisim by being part of it but they deserved better. They preach "eat what you kill" but practice "eat what you kill unless you are johnny and his friends".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a burly blend of negative coaching, favoring your son and screaming at other kids to cover up his mistakes, favoring kids from your son's town (i.e. his friends) over stronger players, having your son not come off the field as stronger players watch in confusion from the sidelines. Oh...I could have just said daddy ball! Their decline was predictable. Kids do get good a lesson in adult politics and nepotisim by being part of it but they deserved better. They preach "eat what you kill" but practice "eat what you kill unless you are johnny and his friends".

100% accurate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits lose again …7-6 at Naptown

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% accurate

If only DK would come back to save the day!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Patriot Games is where you are finding best available talent this weekend? Guess NLF not challenging or physical enough. You should practice what you preach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats with all the hate - did your son not make the team, I will tell you why he wasn't invited back...... because of YOU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear the exact same story from S2S and they have a few daddy coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% accurate

Still one of the best organizations on L I . but I guess everyone has to push their product. Do your research & good luck at the tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Patriot Games is where you are finding best available talent this weekend? Guess NLF not challenging or physical enough. You should practice what you preach

TB would play in an NLF anyday, but I'm pretty sure you need to be invited to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure the obsession with TB of late. There a solid team that play hard. Why the negativity towards them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits lose to True all star Midwest team at Naptown. 5-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure the obsession with TB of late. There a solid team that play hard. Why the negativity towards them.

Not sure either - same thing on other age groups as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Son plays for Annapolis Hawks and we thought the Crabs were big the True National team had players from all over and were way bigger than our 2022 team We watched these teams play both times and it was actually awkward the size differential Bandits were extremely skilled but physically beaten By the second game they were worn out. True goalie was a dazzler. Well regardless was nice having these teams down in Annapolis. Congrats to all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Bandits are a very good team. I only saw them once but they are well coached and have a fantastic attitude. My sons sat with a few of the boys and really enjoyed the team vibe and parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else think it's strange that the NLF schedule didn't come out till Naptown was over? Or that, because the Bandits lose ANOTHER tournament, they have the easiest schedule in pool play by far? Chief Whitetooth must not have any confidence at all in his club these days! [lacrosse], the Warriors, their B team, have a tougher schedule! Oh how the mighty have fallen... and quickly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well they will always have Trilogy Rider....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% accurate

and the most expensive club on LI. Don't forget... you need to purchase two $250.00 helmets so the club looks good on any rainy day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else think it's strange that the NLF schedule didn't come out till Naptown was over? Or that, because the Bandits lose ANOTHER tournament, they have the easiest schedule in pool play by far? Chief Whitetooth must not have any confidence at all in his club these days! [lacrosse], the Warriors, their B team, have a tougher schedule! Oh how the mighty have fallen... and quickly!

Actually no because the coaches have had the schedule over a week ago. Our coach sent it out to us. The directors had it and sent to coaches. So I would square it up with your coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is really disturbing how grown men gloat over the fact that a team of children have lost a few games. You all need to have your heads checked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From experience the summer entering junior high school is when Long Island teams take a step back. It happened with my older son then once they go through puberty the pendulum swings again. That's why you see igloo Bandits and express haven't had great summers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those 5th grade teams were tough, though!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those 5th grade teams were tough, though!

The probably were all on age. It's just when you take the biggest, fastest, most skilled players from 15 different states, they naturally are going to be bigger than the biggest kids that live within 15 miles of each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is really disturbing how grown men gloat over the fact that a team of children have lost a few games. You all need to have your heads checked.

Maybe they just have to start shooting straight rather than behind their backs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From experience the summer entering junior high school is when Long Island teams take a step back. It happened with my older son then once they go through puberty the pendulum swings again. That's why you see igloo Bandits and express haven't had great summers

Agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he NXT in PA this past weekend was crazy. Brotherly Love, Juiced Cherries, FCA kids were on the average 5'7 - 6 feet tall 120-180lbs. It was pathetic Juiced Cherries were the worst looked like kids drove to the filed. It amazes me you play in these tournaments with kids 1-2 years older. The biggest kid on our team is probably 5'4 120lbs and his Dad is 6'6, this kid was dwarfed in every game we played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just saying the refs in the NXT tournament were the worst refs I have ever seen. They were cursing at parents if there was a penalty on the field they were telling kids get off the field. The worst officiating i have ever seen. Also 100% they hate NY's one ref said it to an Outlaw parent. So all you NY teams playing in PA good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th, 5th and 6th grade skilled lax boys can handle hold backs, but once their 12 and boys their playing against are 13 and 14 it gets harder to compete if not impossible, they can't physically match up - I don't really buy into a lax area takes a step back, it's just that 13/14 are hitting puberty and 12 isn't for the most part. Will never change unless all top teams from LI, MD, PA and West/Mid West agree to go age based. The NFL, MLB and Olympics test for an unfair advantage, but for some reason youth club lax allows it to happen and in some cases encourages it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th, 5th and 6th grade skilled lax boys can handle hold backs, but once their 12 and boys their playing against are 13 and 14 it gets harder to compete if not impossible, they can't physically match up - I don't really buy into a lax area takes a step back, it's just that 13/14 are hitting puberty and 12 isn't for the most part. Will never change unless all top teams from LI, MD, PA and West/Mid West agree to go age based. The NFL, MLB and Olympics test for an unfair advantage, but for some reason youth club lax allows it to happen and in some cases encourages it.

My point was certain areas encourage and promote hold backs i.e. Maryland Massachusetts etc while it isn't widespread in NY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just saying the refs in the NXT tournament were the worst refs I have ever seen. They were cursing at parents if there was a penalty on the field they were telling kids get off the field. The worst officiating i have ever seen. Also 100% they hate NY's one ref said it to an Outlaw parent. So all you NY teams playing in PA good luck.

That's every year in PA. LI teams always get the most calls against them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NFL, MLB, Olympics, and youth lacrosse. Pretty much all the same. Huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most likely the Ref's were fat, stupid, and rolled off the farm next to the field. Does this sound like the tournament you played in at PA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a sharp looking team. They have a good bunch of boys and great coaching.
Not sure why all the hatred on this site. A lot of goods teams out there, and a lot of bad ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is your take on the igloo coaching. We played them at young guns in the semis. They move the ball well and play great defense.
Parents had a lot of respect.

Page 89 of 102 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard