BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 70 of 86 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you think thats the only email madlax has sent out...you leave his program you're a quitter or you are not good enough for madlax. Club blue coming to NOVA. just another nail in madlax coffin.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has threatened many families over the years, not just that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BW and VLC are two clubs that get their guys recruited and cost a lot less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BW and VLC are two clubs that get their guys recruited and cost a lot less.

Well here comes the Madlax cost to much money story line. Well Madlax has its costs online for everyone to see. Will you post the VLC costs for 12 months. Also please post the cost with how many practices and tournament's you get if you play for BW?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
madlax has a quarterly fee that is hidden...didn't know until my kid made the team. Biggest ripoff out there. Club blue is coming...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys on Chain Bridge, can you stay off the internet for a minute and just get my stick back to me strung up properly?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys on Chain Bridge, can you stay off the internet for a minute and just get my stick back to me strung up properly?

Once again my questions never get answers just more jokes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heck have you read our Presidents twitter feed any time this year. Being rude and calling people who oppose or question you bad names and threating them is a sign of great leadership.

Calling the Madlax guy the Trump of lacrosse? The redneck Madlax dad finally said something coherent.

I could be called a Redneck I can live with that. But I am smart enough to know you avoided answering the real question in my post. Can you really give good points why a top player from NOVA or S. MD should not play for a Madlax Cap. team? So your list can start with the emails from 6 years ago but you have to expand a little more then that or you are just a cry baby who has not real points.

You are a sucker for Madlax's bait and switch. Is your son in HS yet? Can't believe you haven't wised up yet. Madlax makes their kids play in 5-6 events in the summer and charges for it. Everyone knows that you don't need to play that much. 3 events (maybe 4) is plenty to be seen by recruiters (or if you are a youth, plenty of time to have fun playing). When you make someone play that much, they are not going to be sharp for the last few events. More importantly you are interfering with their ability to play for their HS, at individual recruiting events and prospect days.

That is too much lacrosse. The Crabs, FCA, VLC, BW and other clubs don't force you to pay them for 6 events. Why do you think so many Madlax kids peel off when they hit HS? Because their parents get tired of that BS and realize that other clubs get their kids recruited just as well if not better for much less. And they don't have to deal with that guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heck have you read our Presidents twitter feed any time this year. Being rude and calling people who oppose or question you bad names and threating them is a sign of great leadership.

Calling the Madlax guy the Trump of lacrosse? The redneck Madlax dad finally said something coherent.

I could be called a Redneck I can live with that. But I am smart enough to know you avoided answering the real question in my post. Can you really give good points why a top player from NOVA or S. MD should not play for a Madlax Cap. team? So your list can start with the emails from 6 years ago but you have to expand a little more then that or you are just a cry baby who has not real points.

You are a sucker for Madlax's bait and switch. Is your son in HS yet? Can't believe you haven't wised up yet. Madlax makes their kids play in 5-6 events in the summer and charges for it. Everyone knows that you don't need to play that much. 3 events (maybe 4) is plenty to be seen by recruiters (or if you are a youth, plenty of time to have fun playing). When you make someone play that much, they are not going to be sharp for the last few events. More importantly you are interfering with their ability to play for their HS, at individual recruiting events and prospect days.

That is too much lacrosse. The Crabs, FCA, VLC, BW and other clubs don't force you to pay them for 6 events. Why do you think so many Madlax kids peel off when they hit HS? Because their parents get tired of that BS and realize that other clubs get their kids recruited just as well if not better for much less. And they don't have to deal with that guy.

My son is on a high school team and they play 4 tournaments this summer and 3 tournaments in the Fall. And your logic of the high school team summer tournaments does not hold up because if your Private high school plays on one of the 3 weekends these teams listed above play in, you only get 2 tournaments with your club team. And a extra tournament to be seen or for the college coach to have a slot to come see you play would be a good thing I would think. Also if your son is at a Public school his high school team is at the beach all summer so they have time. If you are playing at a top tournament in front of 20 to 50 coaches why would a small prospect day be better? And I love the talk of kids peeling off . These kids got on that college coaches radar playing for Madlax so yes they can peel off later on because they have a school to play for and can just work on skills on there own time. But if my son has not made a verbal to a school how would being seen more not help him. Also we are talking about high school lacrosse players all kids planning on playing college lacrosse are playing, practicing or working out with most of the free time they got.

So your point is Madlax offers to much top level lacrosse to play in a given time frame? Is this correct? We all are dropping tons of cash for our kids to play for any of these teams listed. So a extra $500 really makes you this mad? But like we just talked about you get to play more lacrosse for the more money you pay we can agree with this correct. And to be truthful all of us that are paying these prices no matter the club can have our sons miss one or two if the we have plans.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
madlax has a quarterly fee that is hidden...didn't know until my kid made the team. Biggest ripoff out there. Club blue is coming...

What exactly is provided in return for the quarterly Madlax Academy fee? It's approximately $250/quarter, however I'm curious what's provided in exchange for it? Are there individual skill sessions and trainings separate from the practices?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is the only club I've ever heard of that charges to help return recruiting calls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax is the only club I've ever heard of that charges to help return recruiting calls.

This is not correct they do not send you a bill for each phone call. They have on there website a option for non Madlax players to pay a fee to have them help you get your son recruited. This was put on the site for kids not in the program. If a college coach calls any coach from Madlax they will answer the phone and talk about your son. Madlax is lots of things but they are not dumb they gain way more money, fame or credit for each kid from Madlax that plays college lacrosse. Why would they ever not help this happen. I can tell you with 100% truth my son has asked them to call and put the Madlax coaches emails and numbers on the emails to the schools. The coaches have called and the coaches have said good things about my son. No extra bill has ever came. The coaches that coach with Madlax are very helpful if you ask questions. They do not spoon feed you. This process comes down to your son and his play. Your family needs and wants for the level and price of school drive what they can do for you. Any club coach can call 10 schools and get your son looked at. But would you send your son to these schools, can you afford these 10 schools. It works like this. Ask the Madlax coach, High School coach and anyone else who might know what level of player do you think my son is. Then YOU!!! and your son need to take this info and find schools that 1. you can afford. 2. you will send your child to and 3. fit into the level of play you and these other coaches see as a fit for your son. Then you take this list and YOU and your SON email reach out to these schools. Tell these schools you want to play for them. Then the college coach will let you know if they want you. No club coach or top Private school coach is going to lie for your son. If they think he can play for Maryland and you tell Maryland you want to play for them it will work out.
The point is yes Madlax costs more money per year then other teams. Is it a lot more I would say no when you count the amount of things you do compared to the others. If you are on a Capital team your team no matter the age will not be a joke and will win games and you will be playing at the best tournaments this can not be argued.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please, will you have my stick ready today? I have a big tournament this weekend in Columbia....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you get the privilege of playing for madlax...so you GET NOTHING...everything is extra

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you get the privilege of playing for madlax...so you GET NOTHING...everything is extra

Ok all you money cry babies please for the last Fing time put the total coast of the high school club team cost and what you get for the price then put what you think the Madlax cost for a year is and what you get and then we can talk about rip off and what is the best deal for your money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not correct they do not send you a bill for each phone call. They have on there website a option for non Madlax players to pay a fee to have them help you get your son recruited. This was put on the site for kids not in the program. If a college coach calls any coach from Madlax they will answer the phone and talk about your son. Madlax is lots of things but they are not dumb they gain way more money, fame or credit for each kid from Madlax that plays college lacrosse. Why would they ever not help this happen. I can tell you with 100% truth my son has asked them to call and put the Madlax coaches emails and numbers on the emails to the schools. The coaches have called and the coaches have said good things about my son. No extra bill has ever came. The coaches that coach with Madlax are very helpful if you ask questions. They do not spoon feed you. This process comes down to your son and his play. Your family needs and wants for the level and price of school drive what they can do for you. Any club coach can call 10 schools and get your son looked at. But would you send your son to these schools, can you afford these 10 schools. It works like this. Ask the Madlax coach, High School coach and anyone else who might know what level of player do you think my son is. Then YOU!!! and your son need to take this info and find schools that 1. you can afford. 2. you will send your child to and 3. fit into the level of play you and these other coaches see as a fit for your son. Then you take this list and YOU and your SON email reach out to these schools. Tell these schools you want to play for them. Then the college coach will let you know if they want you. No club coach or top Private school coach is going to lie for your son. If they think he can play for Maryland and you tell Maryland you want to play for them it will work out.
The point is yes Madlax costs more money per year then other teams. Is it a lot more I would say no when you count the amount of things you do compared to the others. If you are on a Capital team your team no matter the age will not be a joke and will win games and you will be playing at the best tournaments this can not be argued.

Incorrect. Madlax has a "recruiting service" which is what they charge people who PLAY for Madlax. Mostly the guys they don't care about and aren't interested in helping unless they can charge the family yet another monthly fee. Only club out there that actually makes you pay to help you get recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect. Madlax has a "recruiting service" which is what they charge people who PLAY for Madlax. Mostly the guys they don't care about and aren't interested in helping unless they can charge the family yet another monthly fee. Only club out there that actually makes you pay to help you get recruited.

No sir you are a very wrong. Please take your little mouse and click on the Madlax website and please inform us all where you would fine this service on the current website. It was on the old website from 2 years ago but is nowhere on the new site. Also I have a high school son and I have not heard one parent talk about this Service so are wrong sir.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No sir you are a very wrong. Please take your little mouse and click on the Madlax website and please inform us all where you would fine this service on the current website. It was on the old website from 2 years ago but is nowhere on the new site. Also I have a high school son and I have not heard one parent talk about this Service so are wrong sir.

They don't list all the details on the website any more because they were ridiculed for doing it. But look at the website right now:

"The Madlax Academy teaching style program was created and developed by Madlax in 2010 and includes focused, year round positional instruction, college recruiting consulting"

They actually charged $300 to enroll and then $200 a month for his expertise. LOL. Great company.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't list all the details on the website any more because they were ridiculed for doing it. But look at the website right now:

"The Madlax Academy teaching style program was created and developed by Madlax in 2010 and includes focused, year round positional instruction, college recruiting consulting"

They actually charged $300 to enroll and then $200 a month for his expertise. LOL. Great company.

Even if they offer this to kids not in the program it does not mean they do not offer these things for free to kids in the program. I have been given tons of help, phone calls and emails for free.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can I please get my stick today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even if they offer this to kids not in the program it does not mean they do not offer these things for free to kids in the program. I have been given tons of help, phone calls and emails for free.

The point is they do charge at least some of their kids money just to field calls. Who does that? And if they do recruiting calls for kids in their program (and you say), how can they advocate for kids who don't play for them?

I guess as long as the money is green.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The point is they do charge at least some of their kids money just to field calls. Who does that? And if they do recruiting calls for kids in their program (and you say), how can they advocate for kids who don't play for them?

I guess as long as the money is green.

Well it's called a recruiting service just google it 30 different companies pop up. But when dealing with Madlax the total people who have ever used this service is less then 10 I would guess. And the number of Madlax players has to be 1 or 2 if that. So if you say they are all about the money what makes them more money 2 people paying for them to call or them calling for free for all the players and getting them signed and putting it on the website to get 25 new young studs to sign up?
You my son are a idiot and this is coming from the bad spelling Madlax redneck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a really stupid thread. Can't believe you guys are wasting our time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a really stupid thread. Can't believe you guys are wasting our time.

I waste my time because I can not get over the desire of this one guy or guys who just bring up old or wrong negative things about the club my son plays for. The amount of good they do out weights any faults or errors they have or have made. The desire of some people to have a club coach or team raise there kids is really scary to me. Madlax has everything laid out on the website you can read and see what you are paying for and playing for. You can lay out the good and bad about clubs but to just bash this club just for I do not know what reason is crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know a guy who was at the bottom of the Madlax depth chart who asked to pay for this service and the owner told him they didn't have time. Then the kid grew 3-4 inches and became a stud and left Madlax. Now the kid is playing D1. LOL at Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good response, Cabell!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously Madlax is doing something right. Check out their latest list of college commits. UNC, Duke, Hopkins, Maryland, Denver, UVA. Really impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know a guy who was at the bottom of the Madlax depth chart who asked to pay for this service and the owner told him they didn't have time. Then the kid grew 3-4 inches and became a stud and left Madlax. Now the kid is playing D1. LOL at Madlax.

Well this still proves my point they do not take money from kids to make calls. Did they blow it with the kid who grew 3 inches. But they have to play the best kids at the time. If they did not dads would be on here saying how they play kids who are not as good as others. That is one thing about Madlax they take the best players at tryouts and play the best kids on the team. No matter what. News flash there is more then 20 to 25 D1 kids in the DMV so just by that teams will have to cut/not play future D1 kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well this still proves my point they do not take money from kids to make calls. Did they blow it with the kid who grew 3 inches. But they have to play the best kids at the time. If they did not dads would be on here saying how they play kids who are not as good as others. That is one thing about Madlax they take the best players at tryouts and play the best kids on the team. No matter what. News flash there is more then 20 to 25 D1 kids in the DMV so just by that teams will have to cut/not play future D1 kids.

News flash - taking the best kids at tryouts is something all clubs do. Man you love to give BJs to the Madlax guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News flash - taking the best kids at tryouts is something all clubs do. Man you love to give BJs to the Madlax guy.

Man you love to bash the Madlax guy like he forgot to tell you he was about to C**.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Horrible visual, but 100% accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And my stick still hasn't been strung.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How will club blue shake up the Virginia teams since they moved to Arlington

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like VLC and 3D, they will sputter and fail.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not with a HS tied to the club and starting so young (unlike VLC). My guess is that the more important impact will be to the HS team within a few years O'C will be better than PVI. PVI is having problems with the planned moved - after they move to the new campus the talent will come but they are going to struggle during the transition. O'C will be the only game in town for the Catholic NOVA (around the beltway) crowd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not with a HS tied to the club and starting so young (unlike VLC). My guess is that the more important impact will be to the HS team within a few years O'C will be better than PVI. PVI is having problems with the planned moved - after they move to the new campus the talent will come but they are going to struggle during the transition. O'C will be the only game in town for the Catholic NOVA (around the beltway) crowd.

where is PVI's new campus going to be

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that. VLC and 3D spewed a lot of the same nonsense. OC doesn't affect Madlax. CB might be able to pick up second tier Breakout or Propsect kids. But top kids will stick with established, known commodities instead of jumping ship to what could be another bust.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that. VLC and 3D spewed a lot of the same nonsense. OC doesn't affect Madlax. CB might be able to pick up second tier Breakout or Propsect kids. But top kids will stick with established, known commodities instead of jumping ship to what could be another bust.

Kids that didn't make Madlax (or couldn't stomach not playing for Capital/top team) that cross river to play for Next Level might take a look at CB.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3d is a disaster, but don't connect VLC to them. VLC doesn't have strong results with youth, but their HS program is the same level as Bw and Madlax. All 3 have comparable college recruiting results and they share the best HS teams, depending on the grade.

Cb will hurt madlax, but how much is tbd. A lot of Catholic families want nothing to do with the madlax owner which has helped the NL rise. Madlax reach continues to shrink.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3d is a disaster, but don't connect VLC to them. VLC doesn't have strong results with youth, but their HS program is the same level as Bw and Madlax. All 3 have comparable college recruiting results and they share the best HS teams, depending on the grade.

Cb will hurt madlax, but how much is tbd. A lot of Catholic families want nothing to do with the madlax owner which has helped the NL rise. Madlax reach continues to shrink.

When you talk about Madlax shrinking you really mean they are losing kids from the 2nd team not the Capital teams. I think the Capital teams are losing some kids for sure but its because there is just more clubs. But to imply the Capital teams are getting worse is not correct. The second teams are at a let them die and move on level for sure. Madlax will have to change something to keep the second teams around much longer. My helpful hint would be for them to charge a lesser fee and lower cost overall to play for the second team. This will keep a feeder team for the Cap team but let the parents on the second team live better paying less working for a spot on the Cap. team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 70 of 86 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard