BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,781
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 65 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 64 65
Re: Boys 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
how about admit you have holdbacks admit lacrosse is a cheating game. GO BACK TO BIRTHDAYS...Every YOUTH sport has a cut off for birthdays. Give every team an equal chance at competing so the discussion can finally end. So screw your prefirst hold back kid. Play up if little johnny is that good.

Wasn't even at birth year back in the rec days, not enough kids in the rural areas to field teams at every birth year, hence U13, U11, etc. This isn't pee wee football and baseball played across the country in ridiculous numbers. I'm all for playing up if you are dominant, but the negative rhetoric directed at players is not helpful, and does nothing. Grad year has been the cleanest system to date.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big question as always with MD teams are these teams loaded with holdbacks or older kids.... If so..tainted victory for rising 9th graders going against rising 8th graders...if not ..well done

Lol. Joke

Joke ?? That they dont have older players??

Joke that you continue to try to "taint" teams being successful.

If it's not the hold backs excuse. It's the team had visiting players or the team was in a weak tournament. Teams that win can't get any praise for working hard and winning by some of you.

Time to get your kid on a winning team so you can stop with the crying. OR

Rec ball in the spring and summers off may be the place for you and your son.

Excuses are for the WEAK

That is Hilarious coming from some one who wants everyone else to play hard while he gets to have his child and teammates play down. LOL..

You apologists need to come up with something that is better than that. Or the excuse of " hit the wall" " . I do like the excuse of " playing against older players makes you better" all the while their child gets to be the oldest and play down.

Everyone knows that youth sports while not perfect is made for age based competition. And now with Early Recruiting out and contact not until 11th grade. The excuse for youth based leagues ...we need to put them in grade for recruiting is out the window too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the rule change to the 11th grade is where all the people who hate playing down or reclassing kids should put their focus. With the new rule all teams should only go grade based on each classes 10th grade summer. All levels below this summer should go back to a 12 month or 24 month window of ages. Before the new rule I was more then fine with the logic for grade based teams from 6th or 7th grade on. But with the new rule locked in for sure now. There is no excuse to not change to 9U , 10U, 11U ,12U, 13U ,14U, 10th grade, 11th grade and 12th grade format next summer. This gives you a full year of playing with a team before the 2nd year summer going into the date you can contact and be contacted by college coaches. By rule they can not and you can not talk to them. So there is 100% no reason for a grade based team 9th grade and below. A 24 month window of playing on a grade based team is more then enough time to be seen playing with your recruiting class peers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big 4 HHH tourney is up. Only top team in each bracket advances. One loss and you are probably out. No easy brackets.

Why no LI teams in this? Not many good teams there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the rule change to the 11th grade is where all the people who hate playing down or reclassing kids should put their focus. With the new rule all teams should only go grade based on each classes 10th grade summer. All levels below this summer should go back to a 12 month or 24 month window of ages. Before the new rule I was more then fine with the logic for grade based teams from 6th or 7th grade on. But with the new rule locked in for sure now. There is no excuse to not change to 9U , 10U, 11U ,12U, 13U ,14U, 10th grade, 11th grade and 12th grade format next summer. This gives you a full year of playing with a team before the 2nd year summer going into the date you can contact and be contacted by college coaches. By rule they can not and you can not talk to them. So there is 100% no reason for a grade based team 9th grade and below. A 24 month window of playing on a grade based team is more then enough time to be seen playing with your recruiting class peers.

The better younger players will just start playing up, because the teams will suck. The average kids will still be average, but will be getting beat by younger players instead of older. The libbies will go nuts trying to turn the argument narrative on a dime. Then playing up will be a problem.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big 4 HHH tourney is up. Only top team in each bracket advances. One loss and you are probably out. No easy brackets.

Lots of LI teams in other grades. This is big tournament when they get to HS. Your coach is doing your team a favor by playing now so they get invite in a few years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I agree with you this is the format all tournaments SHOULD follow the point is that it is NOT what is the current format. Until this changes, teams that allow players to "re-interpret" what the grade definition means are cheaters and send a poor message to the players. I think 7th and 8th grade players are fine playing together however that is just not the current format. When it changes, let the teams mix. I think we all know of kids who have a classmate that played down for a particular club or clubs. If you are a parent and you try to justify this or "re-class" you are simply breaking the rule so a team can win plain and simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of LI teams in other grades. This is big tournament when they get to HS. Your coach is doing your team a favor by playing now so they get invite in a few years

Big 3 LI teams are missing but the Best Canadian team -Edge, best Florida team -PB Revolution, best Carolina team- Carolina Cannons, best western NY team-Sweetlax and best Texas team-Mustangs will be there along with most of the MD and PA powers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I agree with you this is the format all tournaments SHOULD follow the point is that it is NOT what is the current format. Until this changes, teams that allow players to "re-interpret" what the grade definition means are cheaters and send a poor message to the players. I think 7th and 8th grade players are fine playing together however that is just not the current format. When it changes, let the teams mix. I think we all know of kids who have a classmate that played down for a particular club or clubs. If you are a parent and you try to justify this or "re-class" you are simply breaking the rule so a team can win plain and simple.

Negative. You are enrolled in a grade at school. It doesn't matter how you got there, if the school accepts your enrollment, you are enrolled. When school ends, you have already enrolled for the next year. If you are repeating, when the current school year ends, you may play your next enrolled grade directly after school lets out after that last day. There is no confusion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think the rule change to the 11th grade is where all the people who hate playing down or reclassing kids should put their focus. With the new rule all teams should only go grade based on each classes 10th grade summer. All levels below this summer should go back to a 12 month or 24 month window of ages. Before the new rule I was more then fine with the logic for grade based teams from 6th or 7th grade on. But with the new rule locked in for sure now. There is no excuse to not change to 9U , 10U, 11U ,12U, 13U ,14U, 10th grade, 11th grade and 12th grade format next summer. This gives you a full year of playing with a team before the 2nd year summer going into the date you can contact and be contacted by college coaches. By rule they can not and you can not talk to them. So there is 100% no reason for a grade based team 9th grade and below. A 24 month window of playing on a grade based team is more then enough time to be seen playing with your recruiting class peers.

Negative. You are enrolled in a grade at school. It doesn't matter how you got there, if the school accepts your enrollment, you are enrolled. When school ends, you have already enrolled for the next year. If you are repeating, when the current school year ends, you may play your next enrolled grade directly after school lets out after that last day. There is no confusion. [/quote

Negative, you are born on a certain day in a certain year. If you play against kids more than a year younger in order to compete you are not very athletic and are pretty pitiful. I agree, there really is no confusion.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think the rule change to the 11th grade is where all the people who hate playing down or reclassing kids should put their focus. With the new rule all teams should only go grade based on each classes 10th grade summer. All levels below this summer should go back to a 12 month or 24 month window of ages. Before the new rule I was more then fine with the logic for grade based teams from 6th or 7th grade on. But with the new rule locked in for sure now. There is no excuse to not change to 9U , 10U, 11U ,12U, 13U ,14U, 10th grade, 11th grade and 12th grade format next summer. This gives you a full year of playing with a team before the 2nd year summer going into the date you can contact and be contacted by college coaches. By rule they can not and you can not talk to them. So there is 100% no reason for a grade based team 9th grade and below. A 24 month window of playing on a grade based team is more then enough time to be seen playing with your recruiting class peers.

Negative. You are enrolled in a grade at school. It doesn't matter how you got there, if the school accepts your enrollment, you are enrolled. When school ends, you have already enrolled for the next year. If you are repeating, when the current school year ends, you may play your next enrolled grade directly after school lets out after that last day. There is no confusion. [/quote

Negative, you are born on a certain day in a certain year. If you play against kids more than a year younger in order to compete you are not very athletic and are pretty pitiful. I agree, there really is no confusion.

Blah blah blah

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blah blah blah

Of course there is no confusion. Youth sports was always to be played with age requirements, Lacrosse always was until the recent Early Recruiting stupidity. Then we HAD to have grade base due to ER at 9th grade. NCAA took care of that stupidity problem with no longer any ER. Only contact in 11th grade now.

Well apologists ...We no longer have ER..are we going back to age at YOUTH teams and grade at High School teams as it always was before??? Or is there another excuse for the apologists to roll out ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your opinion is not a rule, though. Your opinion is not relevant. What I stated is merely rule. I think the league goes by rule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat the Texas team (which beat Team 89+2),

C'mon. You are going to say that a team from Texas is a quality win for Crabs? Crabs also lost to Eclipse who may have been the worst team at the tournament.

Did 89+2's Texas players play for Millon or Texas Mustangs?

There were quite a few "guest players" for T9-1MD at NLF. Some may have come from the new 9-1 Carolina Connon connection as well.

You are incorrect, my son plays on this team and the players were the regular 91 players and 3 players from Texas that have been on the roster all year. They cam up all but one weekend for the HoCo games. No add ons or guest players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the players from Texas making all of the practices? If not, they are ringers, guest players or whatever else you want to call them. Great message that sends to the rest of the team. Win at all costs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blah blah blah

Of course there is no confusion. Youth sports was always to be played with age requirements, Lacrosse always was until the recent Early Recruiting stupidity. Then we HAD to have grade base due to ER at 9th grade. NCAA took care of that stupidity problem with no longer any ER. Only contact in 11th grade now.

Well apologists ...We no longer have ER..are we going back to age at YOUTH teams and grade at High School teams as it always was before??? Or is there another excuse for the apologists to roll out ??

Sure, just write down your kid's age where it says grade next year at tryouts. We'll take it from there. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C'mon. You are going to say that a team from Texas is a quality win for Crabs? Crabs also lost to Eclipse who may have been the worst team at the tournament.

There were quite a few "guest players" for T9-1MD at NLF. Some may have come from the new 9-1 Carolina Connon connection as well.

You are incorrect, my son plays on this team and the players were the regular 91 players and 3 players from Texas that have been on the roster all year. They cam up all but one weekend for the HoCo games. No add ons or guest players.

I watched some of your games, good team especially your poles, they are some of the best athletes in this age group. Long Pole Mid is a beast, I was told that he is 6' 210 LBS and runs like a deer. Since you are being honest how old is that kid. No way he is 13. Same with the big Pole of Def, he is a beast but saw him get run over in Semi Finals which shocked everybody.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blah blah blah

Sure, just write down your kid's age where it says grade next year at tryouts. We'll take it from there. Thanks

Why don't both of you and everyone else that cares so much about anonymously trolling 12,13 year olds start a new page. Call it what ever you want---- Trolls, Holdback/Cheaters, That kid is too big to play against my Timmy, or maybe even Classless Daddies. Leave this page for those that actually enjoys watching their boy play against the top level teams in the country. That includes the older, bigger ,smaller,faster,stronger kids they play against. Positive preparation for high school level , positive attitude to overcome playing time ,positive attitude for being a good teammate, positive attitude towards working harder when things get tough or unfair. A lot of good lacrosse to watch this weekend and the rest of summer. Teams are set and nothing is changing that. Calling them cheaters and pathetic is sad. Teams work hard and practice hard. There is also a ton of levels for kids to play at. Elite, AA, A,B, C , Rec, if you can't find a good fit your kid than that is your problem. The Elite level is just that -Elite- meaning bigger,smaller,faster,stronger kids. So please for the sake of those you don't give a [lacrosse] about holdback or reclassing and spewing negative crap about 12,13 year olds start a new page.
father of a 12 year old who loves competition against all comers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids flying up from Texas to play on a spring league game? Embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the players from Texas making all of the practices? If not, they are ringers, guest players or whatever else you want to call them. Great message that sends to the rest of the team. Win at all costs.

I agree 100%! But MM thinks it is okay because they are on the roster all year and come to maybe 3 or 4 practices. My son is done with MM and his craziness!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched some of your games, good team especially your poles, they are some of the best athletes in this age group. Long Pole Mid is a beast, I was told that he is 6' 210 LBS and runs like a deer. Since you are being honest how old is that kid. No way he is 13. Same with the big Pole of Def, he is a beast but saw him get run over in Semi Finals which shocked everybody.

Thanks! They both are beast and very athletic. The boy you are referring to is only 160 lbs but he looks like a man. They both are 13 and true 2022s. We have no hold backs on our team, but MM definitely looks at size when selecting kids. The oldest kid on the team is actually one of the smallest. Oldest birthday is Sept 2003.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cannot believe these are DADS and or COACHES........everyone should be ashamed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen! Couldn't have said it better. Just too many "dads" that use this forum to hide behind their own insecurities and rather bash the rules than talk about the awesome competition week-to-week!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks! They both are beast and very athletic. The boy you are referring to is only 160 lbs but he looks like a man. They both are 13 and true 2022s. We have no hold backs on our team, but MM definitely looks at size when selecting kids. The oldest kid on the team is actually one of the smallest. Oldest birthday is Sept 2003.

That's BS. There are definitely kids that went to prefirst on that team. Stop lying. I'm not going to name them but everyone knows who they are. People think we are all idiots and that our kids aren't friends with players on other teams. You know there are kids from SP and Gilman that know these kids and know how old they are. Ugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's BS. There are definitely kids that went to prefirst on that team. Stop lying. I'm not going to name them but everyone knows who they are. People think we are all idiots and that our kids aren't friends with players on other teams. You know there are kids from SP and Gilman that know these kids and know how old they are. Ugh.

Get over yourself! I have no reason to lie. There are no boys older than Sept 2003 on the team. Going to pre-first is not a hold back dumb [lacrosse]!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids flying up from Texas to play on a spring league game? Embarrassing.

No different than kids coming from VA or PA. If their parents can afford it, why is it your business?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't people own up to having Holdbacks on their team . We know the teams that have them but they will say we don't have them ...it's funny because Jonny just drove himself to practice .. no he is not a holdback... OWN IT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why can't people own up to having Holdbacks on their team . We know the teams that have them but they will say we don't have them ...it's funny because Jonny just drove himself to practice .. no he is not a holdback... OWN IT[/quote

Why can't people just accept the fact that at 13 boys vary greatly in their in development and while some may look like they are 15, 16 or older they are only 13???? If every boy on our team was born after September 1, 2003, then we have no hold backs!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why can't people own up to having Holdbacks on their team . We know the teams that have them but they will say we don't have them ...it's funny because Jonny just drove himself to practice .. no he is not a holdback... OWN IT[/quote

Why can't people just accept the fact that at 13 boys vary greatly in their in development and while some may look like they are 15, 16 or older they are only 13???? If every boy on our team was born after September 1, 2003, then we have no hold backs!!!!

Dude - my friend's son plays on 2022 9D1 and definitely has a pre-Sept 2003 birthday... either you don't know or you do know but like to pontificate....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get over yourself! I have no reason to lie. There are no boys older than Sept 2003 on the team. Going to pre-first is not a hold back dumb [lacrosse]!

Well, if you aren't lying, then you are just ignorant. Both kids that came from Crabs were born before Sept 2003. There are several others

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It can't be accepted because it is always from the same states and usually from the same teams that the kids are bigger. Long Island kids are always the smallest because they don't cheat. In sports that are age based like Hockey, baseball and Soccer the Long Island Kids are the same size or bigger than the kids from these same states where the kids are so big in lacrosse. One or two big kids is normal but not most of the kids on these teams.I for one would rather have our kids play the older out of state kids and have a closer game. One last reason why it can't be accepted is when these kids go on to play college and birth dates are published on some teams it is always kids from the same States and Canada that are very old freshmen. That can't be denied.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It can't be accepted because it is always from the same states and usually from the same teams that the kids are bigger. Long Island kids are always the smallest because they don't cheat. In sports that are age based like Hockey, baseball and Soccer the Long Island Kids are the same size or bigger than the kids from these same states where the kids are so big in lacrosse. One or two big kids is normal but not most of the kids on these teams.I for one would rather have our kids play the older out of state kids and have a closer game. One last reason why it can't be accepted is when these kids go on to play college and birth dates are published on some teams it is always kids from the same States and Canada that are very old freshmen. That can't be denied.

Sorry, must have missed the part about holdbacks on the registration form. Oh, there wasn't a section for that? Oh, it asked you to check off grade in school. Oh, got it, so what is the question again? Sounds like your question is for the league, not kids and parents. Hey parents, drop off and pick up your kids, and let us big girls and boys worry about the lacrosse stuff. Hop back in the car, pull out the iphone, and go to a liberal page to find some new talking points.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the one that needs to be educated. But I wont call you a dumb a**. Here is how it works (2 boys 1 girl MIAA school)

You go to kindergarten with your little buddies . End of school year and time for you and your buddies to go to First grade. Nope all boys ( generally) and some girls born in summer are not going to First grade, they are headed to PREFIRST. Plus some other children are not going either ( from recommendation of school or parents saying I dont want him going to first grade) . This group is also going to PREFIRST .

So you and some of your buddies are ready and move on up to 1st grade like anywhere else in country... And some off your buddies are HELD BACK to attend PREFIRST. Nothing wrong with it but it is being held back from going to 1st grade.

Frankly the children attending Prefirst who go on to 1st grade are ahead of kids going from Kindergarten straight to 1st. They have to teach them something in PREFIRST.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't both of you and everyone else that cares so much about anonymously trolling 12,13 year olds start a new page. Call it what ever you want---- Trolls, Holdback/Cheaters, That kid is too big to play against my Timmy, or maybe even Classless Daddies. Leave this page for those that actually enjoys watching their boy play against the top level teams in the country. That includes the older, bigger ,smaller,faster,stronger kids they play against. Positive preparation for high school level , positive attitude to overcome playing time ,positive attitude for being a good teammate, positive attitude towards working harder when things get tough or unfair. A lot of good lacrosse to watch this weekend and the rest of summer. Teams are set and nothing is changing that. Calling them cheaters and pathetic is sad. Teams work hard and practice hard. There is also a ton of levels for kids to play at. Elite, AA, A,B, C , Rec, if you can't find a good fit your kid than that is your problem. The Elite level is just that -Elite- meaning bigger,smaller,faster,stronger kids. So please for the sake of those you don't give a [lacrosse] about holdback or reclassing and spewing negative crap about 12,13 year olds start a new page.
father of a 12 year old who loves competition against all comers. [/quote]

Couldn't agree more! This site is unreal with Parents doing everything they can to justify their kid losing a lacrosse game. I guess they just ignore the fat that every team in the HOCO league were built the exact same! Or that the NLF teams from allover the country were built the exact same way. The competition was great . The negative sore losers need to find another sport to play. My son is also 12 and plays basketball and football with kids a year or almost 2 older . He is also several months older than some of his teammates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
father of a 12 year old who loves competition against all comers.

Couldn't agree more! This site is unreal with Parents doing everything they can to justify their kid losing a lacrosse game. I guess they just ignore the fat that every team in the HOCO league were built the exact same! Or that the NLF teams from allover the country were built the exact same way. The competition was great . The negative sore losers need to find another sport to play. My son is also 12 and plays basketball and football with kids a year or almost 2 older . He is also several months older than some of his teammates. [/quote]

People are within the rules of today which are only a few years in the making. They went that way for supposedly ER at 9th grade. No more ER at 9th grade. Most think that the rules should be changed back to age for YOUTH lacrosse as it was for the last 40 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA Blue doing just 2 Aloha tournaments and Philly Showdown?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First timer on here, but let's be real. Crabs kids, smallest kids on team, got no burn, Texas kids were a product of MM camps from years ago. Get over yourselves, be real with your kids talent and get some lives. And the Deer #2 is a animal, plus a great 13 yr kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the Carolina Cannons are part of the 91 franchise, which NC kids will be taking playing time from the 9d1MD kids paying full tuition and showing up to practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the Carolina Cannons are part of the 91 franchise, which NC kids will be taking playing time from the 9d1MD kids paying full tuition and showing up to practices?

I am sure there will be at least one or two. Especially since MM is good friends with the Coach and his son played in a tournament last summer with 91. Total BS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax knocked out by Mesa 8-6. Diamondbacks knocked out by Texas mustangs 9-3. Hawks and 9-1MD still undefeated at Big 4 HHH tournament.

Page 49 of 65 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 64 65

Link Copied to Clipboard