BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
Re: Girls 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good one. Some of us know who you are. Mot gonna embarrass you though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when y
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heros and Renegades tied? What's wrong with Heros?

No way. Really? The Green team tied?

Yes really. Heros green tied Renegades

Oh, the humanity

When your not prepared anyone can loses that's why the games is played...... Nice job Renegades

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny that the Heros coach is being talked about, because last summer the club team I was coaching was playing against Heros and sometime during the game their coach yelled onto the field for one of the players to come toward the sidelines. I was about 15 feet from him. As she started to run towards him, he then yelled in addition "And bring me a beer". Now, I'm certain he wasn't serious, but it sure sounded very odd. Not the kind of thing I would expect a coach to yell out during a game, with 8th grade girls. Is this his usual behavior?

Were at is the hero's coach being talked about, I see that everyone's talking about Hero's eating some humble pie not sure anyone's talking about coaches any were. Sound like someone's trying to stir the pot. It's been awhile since the pot has been stirred up in the 21 section this could get interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you go back and look I think it is Heros 22 coach that was being talked about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But there are a few out there that have it in for the 21 coach also.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But there are a few out there that have it in for the 21 coach also.

SW 2021 coach is a piece of work too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait...TLC beat M&D 10-5 Saturday according to the standings. How was this not mentioned here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait...TLC beat M&D 10-5 Saturday according to the standings. How was this not mentioned here?

It was entered wrong. M&D won 10-5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did gold shoes have more goals, yellow cards or temper tantrums?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jealous your daughter isn't as talented? Pathetic coming from a parent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously a douchey retort from HER parent. Typical M&D attitude. As long as gold-shoes continues to throw temper tantrums and pouts she will put on the back page of college coaches notepads. When they're on the sidelines they see and hear everything (including the parents too) and then they write it down. Trust me. I've seen them scratch kids off of their list because of this type of childish me-first behavior, regardless of talent. Read and heed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously a douchey retort from HER parent. Typical M&D attitude. As long as gold-shoes continues to throw temper tantrums and pouts she will put on the back page of college coaches notepads. When they're on the sidelines they see and hear everything (including the parents too) and then they write it down. Trust me. I've seen them scratch kids off of their list because of this type of childish me-first behavior, regardless of talent. Read and heed.

Not sure what this has to do with M&D. She doesn't play for M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what this has to do with M&D. She doesn't play for M&D.

Typo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gold-shoes doesn't play for M&D you idiot. So much for your comeback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gold-shoes doesn't play for M&D you idiot. So much for your comeback.

While the poster may have stated the wrong club, they were dead on in terms of the parent in question. Anyone that has ever played TLC knows exactly what I'm talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess I was reading down from the top and I saw an M&D mention and just typo'd it. Sentiment stills applies though. And, my comment was not directed at any one parent on any one club, but all parents on all clubs, although TLC, Heros, M&D and SW have more than their share of over-zealous former athletes. Like I said in my post, the coaches see and hear everything on the field and ON THE SIDELINE. I know first-hand. They bring 2 or 3 coaches to watch a game for a reason: one watching/listening to your little darlings on the field and one watching/listening to the the parents (plus maybe a 3rd). They're not drawing doodles on their tablets or notepads, they're taking notes on player performance, attitude, drama queenism (one of my biggest pet peeves), hustle, etc. And, they're watching you too. So, mind your manners if you want your little Hey-Look-At-Me shoe wearing, ultra-bright pony tail wearing, loud-mouth talking offspring to get that 100% scholly to the University of Wherever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess I was reading down from the top and I saw an M&D mention and just typo'd it. Sentiment stills applies though. And, my comment was not directed at any one parent on any one club, but all parents on all clubs, although TLC, Heros, M&D and SW have more than their share of over-zealous former athletes. Like I said in my post, the coaches see and hear everything on the field and ON THE SIDELINE. I know first-hand. They bring 2 or 3 coaches to watch a game for a reason: one watching/listening to your little darlings on the field and one watching/listening to the the parents (plus maybe a 3rd). They're not drawing doodles on their tablets or notepads, they're taking notes on player performance, attitude, drama queenism (one of my biggest pet peeves), hustle, etc. And, they're watching you too. So, mind your manners if you want your little Hey-Look-At-Me shoe wearing, ultra-bright pony tail wearing, loud-mouth talking offspring to get that 100% scholly to the University of Wherever.

I find it comical you only call out the parents of the more competitive teams over the others. My guess is your player doesn't play for one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find it comical you only call out the parents of the more competitive teams over the others. My guess is your player doesn't play for one of them.

You're assuming I have a kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think he called out the more competitive teams not because his daughter doesn't play on one, but rather because that's where you'll find most of the pompous and self-absorbed parents. While the talent is unquestioned on those teams, in many cases the relationships between the girls on the roster and the parents one the sidelines is superficial at best. They don't play as a team, they play for individual accolades and the eye of college coaches. The parents are more concerned with their daughters stats than with the play of the team as a whole. If this is the behavior you want to model for your kid, be my guest. She's probably just as miserable as you are standing on the sideline watching another kid refuse to pass the ball and stumbles into triple coverage and turns the ball over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think he called out the more competitive teams not because his daughter doesn't play on one, but rather because that's where you'll find most of the pompous and self-absorbed parents. While the talent is unquestioned on those teams, in many cases the relationships between the girls on the roster and the parents one the sidelines is superficial at best. They don't play as a team, they play for individual accolades and the eye of college coaches. The parents are more concerned with their daughters stats than with the play of the team as a whole. If this is the behavior you want to model for your kid, be my guest. She's probably just as miserable as you are standing on the sideline watching another kid refuse to pass the ball and stumbles into triple coverage and turns the ball over.

Yes, thank you for translating. LOL. I've been on the sidelines many years, and the parents are a bigger problem than the players. I think that if the club coaches coached their kids to play as a team, the kids would do it. But, when little Suzy gets in the car after practice or is in the car on the way to a game, Over-Zealous Lax Dad (or Mom) tells her to GO TO THE GOAL!: So-and-So can't catch so don't pass it to her, GO TO THE GOAL! : The college coaches are watching so GO TO THE GOAL! SCORE! SCORE! SCORE!
What I'm trying to tell you all (remember I said earlier from FIRST-HAND experience) is that the college coaches see, hear and watch it ALL. Not just the "Hey-Look-At-Me" shoe wearing kid, but also the kid who scraps for every ground ball, the kid who gets up after getting knocked down and hustles back to try to make a play, the kid who IS NOT a drama-queen (I hate the ones who are "hurt" after they score, or the ones who flop, or the ones who complain after every call) etc. No drama queens make my list. AND...they also see and listen to the parents, to see how they behave. If a parent is a GO TO THE GOAL! kind of [lacrosse], a lot of coaches do not want that type of problem for 4 years. In college, Little Hey-Look-At-Me shoe wearer will have to wear the team shoes and won't stand out any more. [lacrosse], she may not play at all for a year or two. How is Over-Zealous Lax Dad (or Mom) gonna handle that? So, if a coach doesn't want to deal with a potential problem parent, she may cross-off Little Hey-Look-At-Me shoe wearer, regardless of talent or how many goals she scores, and go with another player who better fits the team and whose parents are an asset to the team and player. And, you're also correct in your statement that this is more prevalent on the teams I listed above, and that's why I called them out. Think about this; How do you think teams that aren't as successful as the teams I listed above still manage to send kids to college? Because generally, they're on clubs that promote team play over individual play and, trust me, it is noticed and rewarded by college coaches. I'll take team chemistry over Hey-Look-At-Me shoe wearer any day. And, you guys assume I'm male.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, thank you for translating. LOL. I've been on the sidelines many years, and the parents are a bigger problem than the players. I think that if the club coaches coached their kids to play as a team, the kids would do it. But, when little Suzy gets in the car after practice or is in the car on the way to a game, Over-Zealous Lax Dad (or Mom) tells her to GO TO THE GOAL!: So-and-So can't catch so don't pass it to her, GO TO THE GOAL! : The college coaches are watching so GO TO THE GOAL! SCORE! SCORE! SCORE!
What I'm trying to tell you all (remember I said earlier from FIRST-HAND experience) is that the college coaches see, hear and watch it ALL. Not just the "Hey-Look-At-Me" shoe wearing kid, but also the kid who scraps for every ground ball, the kid who gets up after getting knocked down and hustles back to try to make a play, the kid who IS NOT a drama-queen (I hate the ones who are "hurt" after they score, or the ones who flop, or the ones who complain after every call) etc. No drama queens make my list. AND...they also see and listen to the parents, to see how they behave. If a parent is a GO TO THE GOAL! kind of [lacrosse], a lot of coaches do not want that type of problem for 4 years. In college, Little Hey-Look-At-Me shoe wearer will have to wear the team shoes and won't stand out any more. [lacrosse], she may not play at all for a year or two. How is Over-Zealous Lax Dad (or Mom) gonna handle that? So, if a coach doesn't want to deal with a potential problem parent, she may cross-off Little Hey-Look-At-Me shoe wearer, regardless of talent or how many goals she scores, and go with another player who better fits the team and whose parents are an asset to the team and player. And, you're also correct in your statement that this is more prevalent on the teams I listed above, and that's why I called them out. Think about this; How do you think teams that aren't as successful as the teams I listed above still manage to send kids to college? Because generally, they're on clubs that promote team play over individual play and, trust me, it is noticed and rewarded by college coaches. I'll take team chemistry over Hey-Look-At-Me shoe wearer any day. And, you guys assume I'm male.

My oldest daughter (now playing mid-level D1) went the "top" club route for 6 years. She never really developed any truly close bonds with more than a couple of girls due to real and imagined competition with her teammates. It was clearly more about the individuals and their quest to be recruited. As her dad, I was forced to spend hundreds of hours with the parents of these girls who thought, and often implied, that the other girls were fortunate to be on the same field as their kid. I'm taking a different approached now with my middle schooler. She is on a club that has plenty of talent, but not stacked from roster spot 1-25. Both kids and parents are a breath of fresh air from what we experienced on our first go round. If you're going to be spending countless hours at lacrosse tournaments across the mid-Atlantic, it's better to enjoy it than tolerate it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My oldest daughter (now playing mid-level D1) went the "top" club route for 6 years. She never really developed any truly close bonds with more than a couple of girls due to real and imagined competition with her teammates. It was clearly more about the individuals and their quest to be recruited. As her dad, I was forced to spend hundreds of hours with the parents of these girls who thought, and often implied, that the other girls were fortunate to be on the same field as their kid. I'm taking a different approached now with my middle schooler. She is on a club that has plenty of talent, but not stacked from roster spot 1-25. Both kids and parents are a breath of fresh air from what we experienced on our first go round. If you're going to be spending countless hours at lacrosse tournaments across the mid-Atlantic, it's better to enjoy it than tolerate it.

Been there too. Only 1 more year and then we are done. I wished we would've changed club a few year back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers just can't seem to clinch the deal. Let a 2 goal lead slip away against M&D. Very entertaining game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers just can't seem to clinch the deal. Let a 2 goal lead slip away against M&D. Very entertaining game

Next year the NGLL should go to a 4 team A division and the rest in B. No parity whatsoever. I get the idea that teams want to compete against the best, but some of the scores are worse than rec league pee wee.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the score? Close game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next year the NGLL should go to a 4 team A division and the rest in B. No parity whatsoever. I get the idea that teams want to compete against the best, but some of the scores are worse than rec league pee wee.

TLC, NEMS, and MD United all finished above .500. I call that parity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TLC, NEMS, and MD United all finished above .500. I call that parity

MD United's wins came against teams with a combined 4-25 record. Give me a break. Didn't need to look at NEMS and TLC as I'm sure they're pretty similar

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the score? Close game?

Was 5-3 SW at half. 7-6 final

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is talk of a girl's version ofthe NLF getting started next year. It would likely start in 8th or 9th grade. I would love to see that happen. The younger girls and boys should go back to MYLA. Back to the old days when lacrosse was a spring sport and being on a team cost $75 and the season ended with Beach Lax. Life was simpler and the kids had fun and were less stressed out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is talk of a girl's version ofthe NLF getting started next year. It would likely start in 8th or 9th grade. I would love to see that happen. The younger girls and boys should go back to MYLA. Back to the old days when lacrosse was a spring sport and being on a team cost $75 and the season ended with Beach Lax. Life was simpler and the kids had fun and were less stressed out.

Unfortunately that train has permanently left the station, and it's not only in lacrosse, but all other sports as well. Too many kids are focusing on one sport and, as a result, the clubs will continue to grow at the expense of town/rec leagues. I wouldn't be surprised if they're almost non-existent in 10-15 years. We've got no one else to blame but ourselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prediction: API Blue in a squeaker over Heros this weekend in the spring league. They're due.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prediction: API Blue in a squeaker over Heros this weekend in the spring league. They're due.

You're funny. Go take your medicine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are boring slate of games. Probably won't be any closer than double digit goals. What a waste of a drive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros only beat MD United by 3, they managed to tie the Renegades who have a sterling 1-5 record, and won by 5 over MC Elite who stands at 3-5. You're telling me you don't sniff an upset in the air? C'mon, who needs their meds?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Joe?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros only beat MD United by 3, they managed to tie the Renegades who have a sterling 1-5 record, and won by 5 over MC Elite who stands at 3-5. You're telling me you don't sniff an upset in the air? C'mon, who needs their meds?

Let me offer you an additional upset alerts: MDU takes down Skywalkers in the 1st round of the playoffs. Finals will be Stars taking down M&D by more than 1-2 goals. You heard it here first, my friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The issue with API is that they got several girls from another club this past fall who like to keep the ball to themselves as they did on their old team. Doesn't make for good team chemistry from what I've been told.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently you still do. Please go take them. Heros is not going to lose to API. They are also not going to lose to M&D in the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently you still do. Please go take them. Heros is not going to lose to API. They are also not going to lose to M&D in the playoffs.

Right because Hero's has a long history of beating M&D at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me offer you an additional upset alerts: MDU takes down Skywalkers in the 1st round of the playoffs. Finals will be Stars taking down M&D by more than 1-2 goals. You heard it here first, my friends.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that neither of those are going to happen. It's going to be M&D and SW in the finals.

Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard