BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,946
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 62 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are other towns out there that have and can beat these teams it's 4th grade. Let's be happy that there are plenty of competitive towns out there which will continue and always make Long Island the top lacrosse hot spot in the country.

Other towns? Yes.
Beat WI and Pequa? No.

yes have beat pequa & WI, they have been beat and are beatable by other towns

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are other towns out there that have and can beat these teams it's 4th grade. Let's be happy that there are plenty of competitive towns out there which will continue and always make Long Island the top lacrosse hot spot in the country.

Actually, there aren't. That's the point. Unless you're a Sayville or Commack mom, then yes, there are a ton of teams that can and will beat your son's team. They're irrelevant.

Actually there are, I'm not a mom from Sayville or Commack no there are other towns that have and will beat pequa, WI & SYAG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, there aren't. That's the point. Unless you're a Sayville or Commack mom, then yes, there are a ton of teams that can and will beat your son's team. They're irrelevant.

This is such a moronic statement. Have these teams played every town team from Nassau & Suffolk? I know for a fact that pequa & WI have been beaten by towns other than the few mentioned. You people are so pathetic. Its 4th grade lacrosse any team can be beaten on any given day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all realize that the teams in PAL like Manhasset and Massapequa still split their teams into equal squads. No A teams until 5th grade. So enjoy your success in PAL beating split squad teams..

Truth of the matter is Manhasset is probably the best true town program and Massapequa and West Islip are the next best. I hear Sayville is very good as well but I can not speak to it as we haven't played them.. WI and Pequa have beaten every one of these teams without fail... RVC, CSH, Commack, BBP Smithtown Levittown Etc.. As for SYAG we all know they aren't a true town team.. At minimum multiple kids for WI and Sayville on the team..

Enjoy the 4th grade PAL championships girls..

You're forgetting Hills. Never played them in PAL but they were good in the winter indoor tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syag killed commack hands down today!

Commack's days as a dominant team are over. They lost to Bayport, now SYAG and will lose to Sayville in there next PAL game. That Sayville team is good. My sons team played them and I was impressed. The goalie and faceoff kid will win games by themselves.

Stop. The FO kid won't dominate the Commack kid. Plus the ball stays "pinched" in the Sayville boys stick until he can shoot. He's a ball hog and that hurts his team as much as he helps at the X. His daddy coach doesn't help the situation.

True. The Commack kid is very good and most likely wins the FO battle. If that happens, then the game is pretty much over. I didn't realize that the Sayville coach was his dad. He's pretty loud. The Sayville goalie is good, but there's not much else in terms of play makers on the team. I think they benefited from a very weak schedule so far this season. At this age group, it's all about faceoffs and possessions. Are all of these teams playing in the Christian Koehler Tournament this weekend?

Sayville coach is the 2025 Ducks A team coach. He's pretty over the top at PAL games. Can't imagine him at a travel tournament.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG is almost gone...they have 2 teams left. The rest have been absorbed by SSC and soon Sachem will finally have 1 PAL program in the district.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Commack's days as a dominant team are over. They lost to Bayport, now SYAG and will lose to Sayville in there next PAL game. That Sayville team is good. My sons team played them and I was impressed. The goalie and faceoff kid will win games by themselves.

Stop. The FO kid won't dominate the Commack kid. Plus the ball stays "pinched" in the Sayville boys stick until he can shoot. He's a ball hog and that hurts his team as much as he helps at the X. His daddy coach doesn't help the situation.

True. The Commack kid is very good and most likely wins the FO battle. If that happens, then the game is pretty much over. I didn't realize that the Sayville coach was his dad. He's pretty loud. The Sayville goalie is good, but there's not much else in terms of play makers on the team. I think they benefited from a very weak schedule so far this season. At this age group, it's all about faceoffs and possessions. Are all of these teams playing in the Christian Koehler Tournament this weekend?

Sayville coach is the 2025 Ducks A team coach. He's pretty over the top at PAL games. Can't imagine him at a travel tournament.

Sayville coach is actually a good coach & no my son doesn't not play on either of his teams. He may be a little over the top @ pal games ( I haven't seen him coach pal). But as far as a coach goes he knows what he is doing. I know kids that have been coached by him since 2nd grade & they have gotten progressively better as a result of his coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are two, a fired, former HS coach from WI now dad coaching at leg a see B and the current WI Lions dad coach now at 91 who people say is looking to go to leg a see A. These two have blown up the WI program with their petty squabbles and every team they get into has too much turmoil. Avoid both at all cost.

didn't one of them play at Maryland?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sayville coach is actually a good coach & no my son doesn't not play on either of his teams. He may be a little over the top @ pal games ( I haven't seen him coach pal). But as far as a coach goes he knows what he is doing. I know kids that have been coached by him since 2nd grade & they have gotten progressively better as a result of his coaching.

That guy BJ (fitting) is one reason why Blast is behind other 91 teams. Spent the whole year with 91 in 2015 fighting with his co-coach NH as they both favored their own kids. Lost to Geese and SYAG due to horrible coaching. Then when the season ended he ran off without even a good bye to the kids. He is a absolutely a gutless, selfish, loudmouth worm. And fittingly his Ducks team's are horrible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are two, a fired, former HS coach from WI now dad coaching at leg a see B and the current WI Lions dad coach now at 91 who people say is looking to go to leg a see A. These two have blown up the WI program with their petty squabbles and every team they get into has too much turmoil. Avoid both at all cost.

Attended for a few minutes. Playing time? I think not!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, he's not a good coach. He coached our 91 Orange team and it was terrible. We had the best players and still lost to crappy teams. He may be a decent varsity coach, but he can't relate to children. The only reason the team is getting better is because the kids are getting older and a few more of them can catch. Believe me, my sons team played that Sayville team earlier this year in PAL and only lost by 2 goals. And my kids team is absolutely terrible and has only won 1 game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Attended for a few minutes. Playing time? I think not!

what does that mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People are on here talking about what teams are better than other teams. I'm talking towns, not clubs. It seems to be towns like syag and west Islip, not only have PAL teams, but actual tournament teams. Not knowing the specifics, I'm sure syag is much better than sachems PAL team, I'm sure west Ialip's tournament team is much better than its PAL team. I love the idea of towns having a tournament team. Kids are friends, they play together until high school ends, there future high school team will be really good,practices are local, plus they will win a lot because they are usually the top kids in the grade and they are also playing other towns PAL teams . It's like a club team to a degree.(much cheaper). My sons PAL team, which I'm assuming is like other PAL teams. 6 or 7 really good players. 6 or 7 middle of the road players and I'd say about 8 subpar or beginner players. Some kids in march showed up with hockey gloves or fiddle sticks, jersey on backwards etc. These PAL teams can't match up with these tournament teams, maybe for the first 10 minutes or so, when first lines are out there, but then the next level of kids are no match for a solid town tournament team. Now I'm not a coach, but I played a lot of sports in my life. I can see how these tournament teams can create problems in a town. The first 8 kids are a no brainer. Now picking 9 more kids, not so easy. Who gets left out. This kid is better than that kid, that kids dad is friends with coach, this kids dad don't like coach. This kid is related to the assistant coach, but he really isn't a good player. Etc,etc. Is it better to just let the kids play together, learn the game, have fun, win less and not have as much controversy or is it better to go the town tournament team direction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our Town tournament team has the top 22 of about 45 kids who try out, but there is still a distribution of kids from very good to not good at all.

But our coaches play the boys mostly evenly. It costs them games, but it's a Town thing. For the most part, that's the right way to do it, but there are some kids who do not want to be there or work at getting better and honestly should not play a minute. It's unfair to the best kids, but you have to keep the peace.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Our Town tournament team has the top 22 of about 45 kids who try out, but there is still a distribution of kids from very good to not good at all.

But our coaches play the boys mostly evenly. It costs them games, but it's a Town thing. For the most part, that's the right way to do it, but there are some kids who do not want to be there or work at getting better and honestly should not play a minute. It's unfair to the best kids, but you have to keep the peace.

That last part is a big one for me. My son in on a 2026 team, just following this discussion... His team has some below average kids who show very minimum effort and coachability AND they have been playing a few years. Then there are some brand new kids who started with almost zero skills (because they are new), but are trying/hustling, asking coaches questions, playing wall ball before after practice, etc. Some have caught up already. I'd rather lose games giving the latter group more time. But it's that first group that bothers me to no end because it's so futile.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by meco24

That last part is a big one for me. My son in on a 2026 team, just following this discussion... His team has some below average kids who show very minimum effort and coachability AND they have been playing a few years. Then there are some brand new kids who started with almost zero skills (because they are new), but are trying/hustling, asking coaches questions, playing wall ball before after practice, etc. Some have caught up already. I'd rather lose games giving the latter group more time. But it's that first group that bothers me to no end because it's so futile.

Unfortunately, that's everywhere. We have a drop and go parent who's kid never improves and his mom is the first to complain if she thinks he's slighted in any way. "But, all his friends are on the team." Yeah, and they put some work into it too lady. Go to Chuck-E-Cheese to socialize your boy. All those dropped passes aren't helping his social status.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That guy BJ (fitting) is one reason why Blast is behind other 91 teams. Spent the whole year with 91 in 2015 fighting with his co-coach NH as they both favored their own kids. Lost to Geese and SYAG due to horrible coaching. Then when the season ended he ran off without even a good bye to the kids. He is a absolutely a gutless, selfish, loudmouth worm. And fittingly his Ducks team's are horrible.[/quote]

Blast is behind all of the other 91 teams because the other teams have more talented players. It's no mystery. The fact that Blast gets blown out be 2024 C teams and town teams is all the proof you need. This grade level must have a bunch of soccer or hockey players because we're lacking any big time stud lax players (by stud I mean a game changing player). Plenty of decent role players on Blast, but not a single great, or even exceptional, player. Not a single player capable of taking them to the next level. They will always be competitive on the grade level because 91 get's most of the top players, but they will be average amongst 4-5 teams in two years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by meco24

Unfortunately, that's everywhere. We have a drop and go parent who's kid never improves and his mom is the first to complain if she thinks he's slighted in any way. "But, all his friends are on the team." Yeah, and they put some work into it too lady. Go to Chuck-E-Cheese to socialize your boy. All those dropped passes aren't helping his social status.

is she cute? that will help his social status

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we still discussing 2015 and Blast? This is 2017....did they practice and play Box LAX this winter? How did they do with that? Who are the coaches now? How have they done so far this spring? If you don't know the answers to these questions, you don't know Blast 2025.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That guy BJ (fitting) is one reason why Blast is behind other 91 teams. Spent the whole year with 91 in 2015 fighting with his co-coach NH as they both favored their own kids. Lost to Geese and SYAG due to horrible coaching. Then when the season ended he ran off without even a good bye to the kids. He is a absolutely a gutless, selfish, loudmouth worm. And fittingly his Ducks team's are horrible.

Blast is behind all of the other 91 teams because the other teams have more talented players. It's no mystery. The fact that Blast gets blown out be 2024 C teams and town teams is all the proof you need. This grade level must have a bunch of soccer or hockey players because we're lacking any big time stud lax players (by stud I mean a game changing player). Plenty of decent role players on Blast, but not a single great, or even exceptional, player. Not a single player capable of taking them to the next level. They will always be competitive on the grade level because 91 get's most of the top players, but they will be average amongst 4-5 teams in two years.

[/quote]

2024 C team's? Try again [lacrosse]. That team played 2024 A bracket (including Express A) and got killed but never quit. The first or last kid on that team may not be a game changer as you define them, but each one of them has more guts than you. What a sniveling worm you are. And tell your favorite coach that he is a spineless worm too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we still discussing 2015 and Blast? This is 2017....did they practice and play Box LAX this winter? How did they do with that? Who are the coaches now? How have they done so far this spring? If you don't know the answers to these questions, you don't know Blast 2025.

If I remember correctly, yes they played box. They lost to Laxachussettes Black and barely beat Express (one goal). Their coach spends more time tanning and whitening his teeth than his does coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2024 C team's? Try again [lacrosse]. That team played 2024 A bracket (including Express A) and got killed but never quit. The first or last kid on that team may not be a game changer as you define them, but each one of them has more guts than you. What a sniveling worm you are. And tell your favorite coach that he is a spineless worm too!

Ummm yeah. They played Express and it was ridiculous. They had no business being there. It was evident that they were at risk of injury immediately. They also played a team called Scrambled Eggs and lost by double digits and I don't think they were even close to scoring goals a point. Playing up is nothing new for 91. The older teams just handle it better. The Blast team is, from an organizational perspective, mediocre.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They won like 17 out of 18 box games, about 5 games against 2024 teams. In 2 years on grade level, I'd say about 50 wins and 3 loses total. So if they are only average, I guess everybody else must be below average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People are on here talking about what teams are better than other teams. I'm talking towns, not clubs. It seems to be towns like syag and west Islip, not only have PAL teams, but actual tournament teams. Not knowing the specifics, I'm sure syag is much better than sachems PAL team, I'm sure west Ialip's tournament team is much better than its PAL team. I love the idea of towns having a tournament team. Kids are friends, they play together until high school ends, there future high school team will be really good,practices are local, plus they will win a lot because they are usually the top kids in the grade and they are also playing other towns PAL teams . It's like a club team to a degree.(much cheaper). My sons PAL team, which I'm assuming is like other PAL teams. 6 or 7 really good players. 6 or 7 middle of the road players and I'd say about 8 subpar or beginner players. Some kids in march showed up with hockey gloves or fiddle sticks, jersey on backwards etc. These PAL teams can't match up with these tournament teams, maybe for the first 10 minutes or so, when first lines are out there, but then the next level of kids are no match for a solid town tournament team. Now I'm not a coach, but I played a lot of sports in my life. I can see how these tournament teams can create problems in a town. The first 8 kids are a no brainer. Now picking 9 more kids, not so easy. Who gets left out. This kid is better than that kid, that kids dad is friends with coach, this kids dad don't like coach. This kid is related to the assistant coach, but he really isn't a good player. Etc,etc. Is it better to just let the kids play together, learn the game, have fun, win less and not have as much controversy or is it better to go the town tournament team direction.

they have A and B teams. the A teams go into tournaments and play in the A division. the B teams usually play in the C division. i think sachem has 3 teams. i believe Mt Sinai and SWR are the exceptions to this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a bad person you are. Criticizing 4th graders who are a great group of kids. They have formed great friendships, learned to be good team members, and enjoy playing a sport they all love at a high level. And I'm guessing anyone on this site also has some love of this sport. So quit putting down nice kids (from any team) and just enjoy the games, win or lose. I don't know you, but I'm sad for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard blast is entering blatant. Any truth to that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They won like 17 out of 18 box games, about 5 games against 2024 teams. In 2 years on grade level, I'd say about 50 wins and 3 loses total. So if they are only average, I guess everybody else must be below average.

That's exactly his point. Way to put it all together, Sherlock.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I remember correctly, yes they played box. They lost to Laxachussettes Black and barely beat Express (one goal). Their coach spends more time tanning and whitening his teeth than his does coaching.

Then beat Express by 10 goals in the championship since we're splitting hairs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blatant has an unbalanced number of teams in the bracket so rumors are being circulated in hopes that a team drops out. This way they keep the deposit without having to drop a team. It will be the Geese since they're trying to Duck them. (See what I did with that? Geese, Duck? Get it?)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm yeah. They played Express and it was ridiculous. They had no business being there. It was evident that they were at risk of injury immediately. They also played a team called Scrambled Eggs and lost by double digits and I don't think they were even close to scoring goals a point. Playing up is nothing new for 91. The older teams just handle it better. The Blast team is, from an organizational perspective, mediocre.

You call it playing up, we call it hiding from grade level competition! O r you could say protecting the brand name by not playing on grade level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt it, its not a my lax run event, there is not hiding from opponents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have A and B teams when there is 30 kids, 25 kids is one team. Creating a tournament team leaving 8 kids off roster, creates animosity, back stabbing and youth lacrosse turns the town into a soap opera.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They won both tournaments they entered. They lost to laxachusetts in a close one, but won the championship in spite of that. Which coach are you criticizing now? Not for being a "bad" coach but for looking good? There is nothing that can make you happy. Really....get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant fields are a joke. They are lined ridiculously. Most don't seem like full size fields. More than half the fields are rocky dirt with inclines and declines all over. Bounce a shot and it is likely to comeback to the shooter.One of the main fields has only about 3 feet behind the cage. At some point the Outlaws should put some money back into those fields

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get it, mediocre and best in the grade at the same time. Yup, kids are all average, but will all of the time, got it. Just keep working that angle, you'll get far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt it, its not a my lax run event, there is not hiding from opponents.

Was hoping to see the blastettes perform

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They won both tournaments they entered. They lost to laxachusetts in a close one, but won the championship in spite of that. Which coach are you criticizing now? Not for being a "bad" coach but for looking good? There is nothing that can make you happy. Really....get a life.

Is that why you keep him on the team, mom? Because you think the coach is good looking. I guess they're right about the Bladt hooker moms. Gross.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So your only losses were against town teams on grade level? Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hills beat them both actually

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Name another team that you would consider average. Geese, fight? Do you think they are a strong team? They're not. After that, which team is decent? That's it. Where are the 4-5 elite teams in the age group? They are nowhere to be found.

Page 35 of 62 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard