BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,946
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Brine Middle School tryout results:

Insane Roster. Incredible talent. The very best Boys of 2017 that long Island has to offer. Going to be tough for other regions to match.

Are results posted anywhere?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree totally. These are the best 20 Boys of 2017 on The Island. Ask the kids that tried out and did not make the top 20 and they will tell you. Give credit where credit is due. The turtles are the turtles they have the best team and most talent the others are just as talented. Go ahead and find another 19 or 20 to run with this group.......good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results are posted on the Brine website under "middle school boys"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree totally. These are the best 20 Boys of 2017 on The Island. Ask the kids that tried out and did not make the top 20 and they will tell you. Give credit where credit is due. The turtles are the turtles they have the best team and most talent the others are just as talented. Go ahead and find another 19 or 20 to run with this group.......good luck.

Slow down champ, your boy obviously made the team so congrats. So the turtles are all great players? All of them? I say out of the 20 players on that list 15 of those players belong. Others are favors. And there are 2 or 3 who are on call back list that were shafted because of who they play for. You go ask the kids that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No he did not make the team. The talent at the Tryouts was the best that many of us have seen anywhere at one place. Just being honest and complimentary to the talent thats all!! Favors what favors? Go find another 19 or 20 kids that beat that group. Fine you might have 4 or 5 that are as good as some in that group but you won't find 20 as good as that top 20. Very impressive group.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No he did not make the team. The talent at the Tryouts was the best that many of us have seen anywhere at one place. Just being honest and complimentary to the talent thats all!! Favors what favors? Go find another 19 or 20 kids that beat that group. Fine you might have 4 or 5 that are as good as some in that group but you won't find 20 as good as that top 20. Very impressive group.

I think we are saying the same thing. But I can't say ALL 20 on that list BELONG. I do agree that you would be hard pressed to find another 20 players at that level. But no terps, no true blue and no gladiators. So tough to say thats the end all be it all on LI for 2017 because the above mentioned teams have many highly talented players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think we are saying the same thing. But I can't say ALL 20 on that list BELONG. I do agree that you would be hard pressed to find another 20 players at that level. But no terps, no true blue and no gladiators. So tough to say thats the end all be it all on LI for 2017 because the above mentioned teams have many highly talented players.

Did those teams have players that tried out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gladiators and probably true blue dont have the talent equal to those boys on the list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check your facts the TERPS do have at least 1 player on the team, and others on the call back list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are the best 20 of the kids that tried out, not necessarily the best on the island. Not every great lax player went to the tryout. These boys are tops but there are many more out there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does one go about finding these types of tryouts. I'm new to this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was at the tryout and I can say that the tryout was full of talented kids and I think they picked a very, very good team. Cant argue with who they picked, they are all very good players. My son has played against these kids since he started playing travel lacrosse and he is friends with many of them. Did they get it exactly right? Were there better players that didn't make it? I think the answer to those questions is left to the evaluators whose job it was to sift through all the talent....Any way you look at it no matter who they picked, someone would have had an issue with it.......life is full of disappointments, if your son didn't make it, deal with it and move on, my son has. [lacrosse] be back for the spring tryout to try again..........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check your facts the TERPS do have at least 1 player on the team, and others on the call back list.

My facts are in tact more than you will ever know about the Terps, that got put on the call back whom didn't deserve that (3 of those terps BELONG on that 20, not just on their rep but on their performance that day)and my facts are in tact about the Terp who made it, let's just leave that at that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was at the tryout and I can say that the tryout was full of talented kids and I think they picked a very, very good team. Cant argue with who they picked, they are all very good players. My son has played against these kids since he started playing travel lacrosse and he is friends with many of them. Did they get it exactly right? Were there better players that didn't make it? I think the answer to those questions is left to the evaluators whose job it was to sift through all the talent....Any way you look at it no matter who they picked, someone would have had an issue with it.......life is full of disappointments, if your son didn't make it, deal with it and move on, my son has. [lacrosse] be back for the spring tryout to try again..........

Dear amazing parnet,

Did you notice that the highly credibility evaluators that you referred to that picked your son that they really weren't evaluating ANYTHING. Your son was picked before he showed up. If your one of the 16 (out of the 20) that deserve the spot you got than you also play for the right coach or club. This thing stinks of loads of BS! So, hopefully that will help your son get recruited in a year or two along with your sons talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

around 10 express Terps tried out. But JD and JM took care of their boys,where Terps were on an island alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear amazing parnet,

Did you notice that the highly credibility evaluators that you referred to that picked your son that they really weren't evaluating ANYTHING. Your son was picked before he showed up. If your one of the 16 (out of the 20) that deserve the spot you got than you also play for the right coach or club. This thing stinks of loads of BS! So, hopefully that will help your son get recruited in a year or two along with your sons talent.

Sorry to ruin your hate and whine rant but I have news for you.....my son didn't make the team or the call back list. He had a bad day and didn't deserve to get picked. If in fact the team was predetermined than that's messed up. In reality Ionlynhave an issue with two kids who made it, all the other kids had good tryouts and deserve to be there IMO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

around 10 express Terps tried out. But JD and JM took care of their boys,where Terps were on an island alone.

That's a crock and you know it.Did every one on JD or JM's kids make it. Those two guys are like oil and water.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a crock and you know it.Did every one on JD or JM's kids make it. Those two guys are like oil and water.

Hahaha, riggggghhhhttttt! Keep buying the BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear amazing parnet,

Sorry to ruin your hate and whine rant but I have news for you.....my son didn't make the team or the call back list. He had a bad day and didn't deserve to get picked. If in fact the team was predetermined than that's messed up. In reality Ionlynhave an issue with two kids who made it, all the other kids had good tryouts and deserve to be there IMO

It speaks volumes that you have an issue with two of the kids. The two whom you probably take issue with, are probably two coaches kids, who are fan-freaking-tastic players. Would you disqualify them because of this? Maybe if you had done that implant a few years back, you wouldn't hate so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear amazing parnet,

Dear PARNET,
You would be the guy sitting in front of a mirror, applying lipstick, while scratching yourself until you bleed, right? Even if you are not demented, are you not afraid that you sound like a whining dweeb loser?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear amazing parnet,

It speaks volumes that you have an issue with two of the kids. The two whom you probably take issue with, are probably two coaches kids, who are fan-freaking-tastic players. Would you disqualify them because of this? Maybe if you had done that implant a few years back, you wouldn't hate so much.

No hate from here at all. But one of those coaches son IS a great player, other coach son, no comment. Funny thing was watching JM walk around from field to field (the big time coach got a good workout on that chilly day!) whispering to all the silly evaluators! Jeez that guy can work a room (lol)! As far as JD, he has to have the huge bulk of his players on the brine thing. Oh, how about when they broke the kids down to different fields toward the end. Remember that part? Remember who was where and than who is in the top 20?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they ALL did not make it but, what an easy way to explain why little Johnny didnt make the team. "JD & JM took care of their boys" wah, wah, wah!!! Its a great team, sorry your kid (or mine) didnt make it. Try again next year. The bar is set high here on LI in the 2017 age group!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I only hope these boys grow up to be better behaved than their parents displayed here.

How embarrassing for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The statement was "NO TERPS" made it, is this true or not? If your facts are so in tact as you put it answer this, is there a TERP on the team or not? A simple yes or no will do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a website that posts these types of tryouts? How can I go about finding these tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear amazing parnet,

No hate from here at all. But one of those coaches son IS a great player, other coach son, no comment. Funny thing was watching JM walk around from field to field (the big time coach got a good workout on that chilly day!) whispering to all the silly evaluators! Jeez that guy can work a room (lol)! As far as JD, he has to have the huge bulk of his players on the brine thing. Oh, how about when they broke the kids down to different fields toward the end. Remember that part? Remember who was where and than who is in the top 20?

Ahh, so when you say, "no comment..." that would categorize your rating VALID. The huge bulk of his players are very good players. Get out and throw a ball around. You are onviously envious. Always will be bitter feelings from those overlooked, unless their parents teach them well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear amazing parnet,

JD has the huge bulk, and you are suspicious of this?! Have you heard that his team is DROP DEAD AWESOME? Sorry, man, it's just the way it is. Why don't you go on a tirade now against him, as well as some other successful, renowned, highly regarded coaches? Maybe you should hate their kids, too. You say "no hate here", but your whole post is composed of it. Nice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they ALL did not make it but, what an easy way to explain why little Johnny didnt make the team. "JD & JM took care of their boys" wah, wah, wah!!! Its a great team, sorry your kid (or mine) didnt make it. Try again next year. The bar is set high here on LI in the 2017 age group!

Listen for some of us we need to accept what goes on. It's never what you know but who. However, if you say is true how did JD assist coaches kid not make it? I know his name popped up like a mushroom in the night on the call back list but it probably wasn't his doing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not every boy on that roster of 20 is a turtle or 91 player. My son did not make it. When he saw the talent he knew and I knew his chances were slim. We have no problem with that.....it's called LIFE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear amazing parnet,

Noones hating here, only you. The two kids I have an issue with were kids that got sent to the other field with my son and are not coaches kids to my knowledge. Both kids were on my sons team but somehow made into the top 20 even though they weren't on the main field with all the kids they chose to look at. It speaks volumes that you assume you know what your talking about and you clearly don't. I can't comment on either coaches son because I didn't take notice of them at the tryout. From what people are posting here it sounds like there were more deserving players........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First thing right off that no one has mentioned is how badly run that tryout was. No fast breaks? No progressions? They didn't take any care in how they broke the boys up, so you had kids that play together all the time that played together the whole tryout. A competitive tryout like that is supposed to be about what players stand out and demonstrate their ability to play at the next level, not what club team they play for or how big they are, etc. I like how they sent half the kids to the other field. It looks like the list is comprised of some very good players and it's hard to argue with the list, however Im not sure the best players on that DAY were picked. It's unforttunate that that's the way it is for travel lax on Long Island, but looks like thats what we'll be dealing with for the next 5 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
many of the terps did not try out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no idea if any made it but more than a few did not try out, apparently went away sun to play in pa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear amazing parnet,

No Hate?? This comment is ALL hate and jelousy! What a nasty individual you must be. EVERY "BOY" on that team deserves to be there, both coaches sons included. You're a disgrace

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although the tryout itself was not run well, no transition drills. The team they have is certainly a very strong team. Mistakes are always made but allowing another 5 kids to prove themselves at the second tryout and make the team was a very smart move. It also shouldn't matter how many players from a certain team make the roster, it should just be the best kids to represent LI lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would not matter. The Terps are good and deep and very well coached. But as far as talent compared to those top 20 , no way do they do not stack up. They have some good players but nothing like those top 19 or 20. The whole Terps team and True Blue and Gladiators and whoever else could have tried out. It just would not matter. The outcome would have been the same. That top 19 or 20 are the best. We all know that. And my son got cut too. Kudos to the Boys that made it. They deserve it and should be congratulated. I would love to see them all play together. The rest of the country has their hands full!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude just stop. The best players were picked. Live with it. My son did not make it either and should not have made it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gladiators and probably true blue dont have the talent equal to those boys on the list

Oh really...What a stupid statement....enough said !!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too bad we had the aforementioned "evaluators" who have now created this nonsense and ruined this event. Unfortunately we will see "them" involved with the "coaching" that takes place during the event in July. I feel sorry for the college coach assigned to this team who will have to put up with this teams "evaluators". But as stated earlier get use to 5 more years of this BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your a clown..No TB kids tried out as far as we heard.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard