BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Re: Girls 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, I sure would not want to limit my 8th grader's educational opportunities (or 11th grader) to attendance at a large public university. But, to each their own. Congratulations.

First of all, let's not forget that any opportunity to pursue higher education is just that, an opportunity. That's why it's called higher education because it's beyond the basics that are offered to everyone. As for me, I would hope that none of my own kids ever lose sight of the fact that their college choice has to be one that is a financially sound decision. The earliest recruits tend to get scholarship offers and that equates to sound financial decision making as far as many are concerned. And as for limiting a child, I certainly would not want to limit mine to a small, liberal arts college from which they will graduate with a mountain of debt to pay back over half of their adult life. And as for a large, public university like Maryland, the possibilities are pretty much endless as for a field of study. It's the best bargain going if you live in the state of Maryland and are fortunate enough to be offered a scholarship and an opportunity to attend. And, by the way, their lacrosse teams tend to consistently rank in the top five in the country. SOLD!

No one si denying that its a great oppurtunity to go to UM, UNC or any of the other big D1 schools. But how is a person who has not completed the 8th grade know that UM is the right COLLEGE. By moving the recruiting back to the junior year it gives kids more of
an oppurtunity to figure out if they want a big college or small college experience

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I sure would not want to limit my 8th grader's educational opportunities (or 11th grader) to attendance at a large public university. But, to each their own. Congratulations.

First of all, let's not forget that any opportunity to pursue higher education is just that, an opportunity. That's why it's called higher education because it's beyond the basics that are offered to everyone. As for me, I would hope that none of my own kids ever lose sight of the fact that their college choice has to be one that is a financially sound decision. The earliest recruits tend to get scholarship offers and that equates to sound financial decision making as far as many are concerned. And as for limiting a child, I certainly would not want to limit mine to a small, liberal arts college from which they will graduate with a mountain of debt to pay back over half of their adult life. And as for a large, public university like Maryland, the possibilities are pretty much endless as for a field of study. It's the best bargain going if you live in the state of Maryland and are fortunate enough to be offered a scholarship and an opportunity to attend. And, by the way, their lacrosse teams tend to consistently rank in the top five in the country. SOLD!

OK. Congratulations again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What amazes me is how little most parents know about what constitutes a quality educational experience, what the true cost of attending a particular college is, and how high they place lacrosse on the list of things that are important in life. It would be great to all get together in about 15 years and see how things turned out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 2021 player commits to MD.

Congratulations to her. I wish her the best and keep fingers crossed she has no injuries in the next five years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What amazes me is how little most parents know about what constitutes a quality educational experience, what the true cost of attending a particular college is, and how high they place lacrosse on the list of things that are important in life. It would be great to all get together in about 15 years and see how things turned out.

Every opportunity in life amounts to what you make of it. There are kids who graduate with honors from every school in the country and there are kids who we all are left scratching our heads about how they got their hands on a diploma. I attended a small, expensive, liberal arts school and don't feel that I got any better of an education than any of my other adult friends who attended large, public universities. We are all just as capable as the next at tackling life. And as for things that are important in life....grit, endurance, knowing how to go toe to toe against competition, and how to be a valuable member of a team are all things that are extremely attractive to employers. They also happen to be things that most college athletes graduate with even if they aren't magna [lacrosse] laude graduates.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One year at McDonogh will pay for four years at Maryland, mom and dad are tapped out after private school and club lax expenses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading these threads makes me realize how fortunate my daughter is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's so ignorant. Attending a small liberal arts school with incredible teachers like a Williams or Harvard or duke is an outstanding experience vs a middle road university like Maryland. Lacrosse ends education is for life. Going to graduate school or medical school should be supported. Maybe if lacrosse wasn't your life then you could pay for her college and debt wouldn't be an issue. How sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Middle road University like Maryland"?....wth?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. This sentiment is rooted in jealousy. If you value the Williams or Harvard experience so much, send your kid there and be quiet. Instead you're on here disparaging kids, colleges and life choices. The fact that you are on a board dedicated to lacrosse crazies tells me that if Maryland offered your daughter, all this elitist college stuff would be out the window in a heartbeat in favor of a Maryland bumper sticker and a social media announcement.

I say congratulations to these kids receiving the verbals so early that all the kids on these teams are working toward. Maryland is an impressive school with a far greater breadth of majors and courses of study than most schools. It may not be for the elitist posters on this forum, but don't be fooled into thinking that you can't receive a great education in College Park.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure you can. Maryland lax grads are impressive. Just like Taylor Cummings. That's right she's living at home giving lax lessons. What an accomplishment. I'd rather my daughter make an impact on society.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's so ignorant. Attending a small liberal arts school with incredible teachers like a Williams or Harvard or duke is an outstanding experience vs a middle road university like Maryland. Lacrosse ends education is for life. Going to graduate school or medical school should be supported. Maybe if lacrosse wasn't your life then you could pay for her college and debt wouldn't be an issue. How sad.

I'd bet my life on it you would have your daughter playing at MD in a heartbeat if CR called you tomorrow. So shut he [lacrosse] up. Go Terps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. This sentiment is rooted in jealousy. If you value the Williams or Harvard experience so much, send your kid there and be quiet. Instead you're on here disparaging kids, colleges and life choices. The fact that you are on a board dedicated to lacrosse crazies tells me that if Maryland offered your daughter, all this elitist college stuff would be out the window in a heartbeat in favor of a Maryland bumper sticker and a social media announcement.

I say congratulations to these kids receiving the verbals so early that all the kids on these teams are working toward. Maryland is an impressive school with a far greater breadth of majors and courses of study than most schools. It may not be for the elitist posters on this forum, but don't be fooled into thinking that you can't receive a great education in College Park.

You are right in one way. Since it's not my kid, I shouldn't care and I should keep my mouth shut. It's his (well, her) problem, not mine. Class dismissed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure you can. Maryland lax grads are impressive. Just like Taylor Cummings. That's right she's living at home giving lax lessons. What an accomplishment. I'd rather my daughter make an impact on society.

I'd rather call Taylor Cummings my daughter than you my parent. Taylor Cummings is likely a far better role model to your daughter than you, but hey, keep insulting anyone whose path doesn't align with your ideals. Get it out of your system so when your daughter rebels, you won't take it so hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't there a problem if you can't get into Maryland without lacrosse. Hmmmm. Well perhaps. But her best role model is her mother an award winning physician. She did go to Yale though. Darn academic scholarship.
Mic drop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I agree with the naysayers on this thread, that was a low blow regarding naming a player. You can be right about the main point, without being an [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly the Ivy education can't teach some of these people class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm just gonna take a wild guess that you didn't attend a Williams or Harvard or Duke since you're posting grammatically incorrect rhetoric on the internet. CLASS DISMISSED!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm just gonna take a wild guess that you didn't attend a Williams or Harvard or Duke since you're posting grammatically incorrect rhetoric on the internet. CLASS DISMISSED!

Anyone who writes, "CLASS DISMISSED" is a huge [lacrosse], Williams or no Williams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone who writes, "CLASS DISMISSED" is a huge [lacrosse], Williams or no Williams.

Well, starting with your post, I would agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to 2021 kid on commit to Md!
Look at all you jealous losers, worry about your own kids and keep your traps shut!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yayyy! Maryland were lacrosse players go to become absolutely nothing in society. If she's that good try to get into a better school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yayyy! Maryland were lacrosse players go to become absolutely nothing in society. If she's that good try to get into a better school.

Where, not were. If only your daughter were good enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah you're right. She's only good enough for Yale.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably a Heros parent. Or better yet, a Heros coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the father who's daughter was cut by Heros...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No - I think you're way off on that. Can't be someone with Heros - they spelled "CLASS" correctly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the father who's daughter was cut by Heros...

Heros cuts players? That's a new one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No - I think you're way off on that. Can't be someone with Heros - they spelled "CLASS" correctly.

i dont care you are thats funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros does not cut kids. Kids cut Heros.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many times during the past year or two has a Hero player voluntarily left the team? If it did occur, where did they go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 Left the 2022 Green team last year. 1 left Within the last month. 6 Total. Went to Skywalkers, M&D and Checkhers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many times during the past year or two has a Hero player voluntarily left the team? If it did occur, where did they go?

Who cares !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then with all the exodus of talent, your daughters team should easily beat Heros this year. Correct!! M &D will always be a challenge. It is great game when these two teams play each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the speculation that the current recruiting rules will change 8/1, is it worth it to drop $500-600 per camp this summer on our 2021s if nothing can happen for 2 years? Seems like it could be a waste of money. Any thoughts from the Peanut Gallery?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading the article about this in my US Lacrosse magazine that came in the mail yesterday, I was thinking the same thing. This could result in a major dent in the $$$$ college coaches make on camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the speculation that the current recruiting rules will change 8/1, is it worth it to drop $500-600 per camp this summer on our 2021s if nothing can happen for 2 years? Seems like it could be a waste of money. Any thoughts from the Peanut Gallery?

I would have to agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is all this hate on Hero's as a club or just the 2021? I have never had any problems with the 21 team when we play them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have to agree.

I think college coach still think kids will still flock to there camps, and are they changing the rules for recruiting from these camps or is this going to be the back door to future deals being made.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 Left the 2022 Green team last year. 1 left Within the last month. 6 Total. Went to Skywalkers, M&D and Checkhers.

3 out of those 5 were asked to leave, not because of the kids but due to the parents.

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard