Fall Showcases are Now Open - First up is the Labor Day D1Scovery Day Showcase for Boys & Girls | Send us your commitment story & Contact us for Lacrosse Events boosting. Keep Laxin'!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,286
Posts347,240
Members2,496
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 242 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 241 242
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk is not even close to the team that Nassau is!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3rd year in a row Manhasset ranked ahead of CSH...when will they learn? Unfortunately, won't be settled on the field this year...

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait for the Lax season to commence, maybe then this board will quiet down. Seems like a lot of people have much frustration and too much time on their hands.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching at Walt Whitman? What happened? I thought that they were playing well. Didn't they make the palyoffs last year?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Rankings of the boys High School Teams

1. Hill Academy (Ont.)
2. Deerfield (Mass.)
3. Darien (Conn.)
4. Culver Academy (Ind.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Landon (Md.)
7. Smithtown East (N.Y.)
8. McDonogh (Md.)
9. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
10. Boys� Latin (Md.)
11. Brunswick (Conn.)
12. Calvert Hall (Md.)
13. Victor (N.Y.)
14. St. Paul�s (Md.)
15. Avon Old Farms (Conn.)
16. Manhasset (N.Y.)
17. Haverford School (Pa.)
18. New Canaan (Conn.)
19. IMG National (Fla.)
20. Cold Spring Harbor (N.Y.)
21. Gonzaga (D.C.)
22. LaSalle College (Pa.)
23. Bullis (Md.)
24. Delbarton (N.J.)
25. St. Stephen's & St. Agnes (Va.)



No GC??? ha ha ha ha ha


Hahahaha, not sure I get the joke, but laughing with you because I don't want you to feel like a loser. Even though you are a loser. On a side note, Feb. rankings don't really have much impact on anything do they?



Here is the US Lacrosse/Nike Pre-Season 2017 poll, so what does it really mean its completely different.

http://www.uslaxmagazine.com/high-s...no-1-in-nikeusl-hs-boys-preseason-top-25

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like the biggest difference is the UA poll includes boarding and prep schools (Hill, Deerfield, Avon and IMG) while Nike does not include them - Nike seems to have a more LI tilt with St A's #2 while not even making UA list, also WM and SYO on Nike list but not on UA.

LI is very well represented on both lists and while I do not think St A's is a top 10 team they certainly deserve to be on the list and CSH is way undervalued on both lists, they are the best public school on LI and will show it this year....again

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Rankings of the boys High School Teams

1. Hill Academy (Ont.)
2. Deerfield (Mass.)
3. Darien (Conn.)
4. Culver Academy (Ind.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Landon (Md.)
7. Smithtown East (N.Y.)
8. McDonogh (Md.)
9. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
10. Boys� Latin (Md.)
11. Brunswick (Conn.)
12. Calvert Hall (Md.)
13. Victor (N.Y.)
14. St. Paul�s (Md.)
15. Avon Old Farms (Conn.)
16. Manhasset (N.Y.)
17. Haverford School (Pa.)
18. New Canaan (Conn.)
19. IMG National (Fla.)
20. Cold Spring Harbor (N.Y.)
21. Gonzaga (D.C.)
22. LaSalle College (Pa.)
23. Bullis (Md.)
24. Delbarton (N.J.)
25. St. Stephen's & St. Agnes (Va.)



No GC??? ha ha ha ha ha


Hahahaha, not sure I get the joke, but laughing with you because I don't want you to feel like a loser. Even though you are a loser. On a side note, Feb. rankings don't really have much impact on anything do they?



Here is the US Lacrosse/Nike Pre-Season 2017 poll, so what does it really mean its completely different.

http://www.uslaxmagazine.com/high-s...no-1-in-nikeusl-hs-boys-preseason-top-25


This is much more accurate...

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the teams on the list are VERY good and I think for the most part on any given day...There are also plenty of really good teams from all over NOT on the list. Its paper shooting... Surprised Syosset made it. CSh and NC can settle it on the field and a number of other really good matchups. NJ is always under represented, especially the publics.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Rankings of the boys High School Teams

1. Hill Academy (Ont.)
2. Deerfield (Mass.)
3. Darien (Conn.)
4. Culver Academy (Ind.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Landon (Md.)
7. Smithtown East (N.Y.)
8. McDonogh (Md.)
9. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
10. Boys� Latin (Md.)
11. Brunswick (Conn.)
12. Calvert Hall (Md.)
13. Victor (N.Y.)
14. St. Paul�s (Md.)
15. Avon Old Farms (Conn.)
16. Manhasset (N.Y.)
17. Haverford School (Pa.)
18. New Canaan (Conn.)
19. IMG National (Fla.)
20. Cold Spring Harbor (N.Y.)
21. Gonzaga (D.C.)
22. LaSalle College (Pa.)
23. Bullis (Md.)
24. Delbarton (N.J.)
25. St. Stephen's & St. Agnes (Va.)



No GC??? ha ha ha ha ha


Hahahaha, not sure I get the joke, but laughing with you because I don't want you to feel like a loser. Even though you are a loser. On a side note, Feb. rankings don't really have much impact on anything do they?



Here is the US Lacrosse/Nike Pre-Season 2017 poll, so what does it really mean its completely different.

http://www.uslaxmagazine.com/high-s...no-1-in-nikeusl-hs-boys-preseason-top-25


Wow!
Chaminade and St. Anthony's each play 6 teams on those lists.

Only other team in the country with as tough a schedule might be McDonogh who plays 7 top ranked teams.

Actually the top team may be Darien because it ranks so high on BOTH lists.

No other LI team has a schedule like Cham & St. Ants.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone from Chaminade name only the schools of the potential starters,will be attending.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one has any idea if any of these teams are any good. These rankings are based on last year. Nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the teams on the list are VERY good and I think for the most part on any given day...There are also plenty of really good teams from all over NOT on the list. Its paper shooting... Surprised Syosset made it. CSh and NC can settle it on the field and a number of other really good matchups. NJ is always under represented, especially the publics.


Syo has 10 D1 commits on the team this year and has won Nassau Class A last 2 years and LIC in 2015. Why wouldn't they be on the list.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa has eleven D1 commits, still need to play together has a team.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because the kid that carried the team is at Penn State

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The biggest school in Section 8 should win the class every year. Syosset is close to twice the size of every school in Nassau.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The biggest school in Section 8 should win the class every year. Syosset is close to twice the size of every school in Nassau.


I guess math is not your strong suit.

Syo = 2,225
Freepoer = 2,114
Farmingdale = 1,993
Pequa = 1,941
Oceanside = 1,872

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pequa has eleven D1 commits, still need to play together has a team.


Don't forget to subtract out the phantom D1 commits of the kids that bail and end up going to Nassau CC / Adelphi. The real number is closer to 6.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Because the kid that carried the team is at Penn State


Oh, you mean the kid that is leading the country in goals?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone from Chaminade name only the schools of the potential starters,will be attending.


ATT : UVA, Air Force, ND
Mid: Navy, Duke, Weslyan
DMid: Tufts
Fogo: Colgate
Def: Cornell, Harvard, Darmouth
LSM: Manhattan/Lafayette
Goalie: Duke

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually think rankings do make a difference. Each year there is typically 2-3 undefeated teams. Of those 2-3 teams that keep a clean sheet, the one that is the highest ranked team early will continue to keep its place as the the top team. I am sure those kids up in Victor NY and Darian CT thought they were the best team in the land last year as they both were undefeated and played some great lax but they did not stand a chance at the #1 because both started the season lower.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, I love to meet u and discuss.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ugh, I lik tuh meet yu to . Ugh

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, I love to meet u and discuss.



Ummmm........I think you may want to sign on to Match.com for that. That's a little creepy

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ugh, I lik tuh meet yu to . Ugh



That's the Maryland education system for ya. A 20 year old HS sophomore, but parents Biff and Buffy are convinced he is going D1

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The biggest school in Section 8 should win the class every year. Syosset is close to twice the size of every school in Nassau.


I guess math is not your strong suit.

Syo = 2,225
Freepoer = 2,114
Farmingdale = 1,993
Pequa = 1,941
Oceanside = 1,872


The mere fact that you put Freepoer (sic) in a lacrosse thread shows me you have NO clue about the sport. Guess brains is not your strong point.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone from Chaminade name only the schools of the potential starters,will be attending.


ATT : UVA, Air Force, ND
Mid: Navy, Duke, Weslyan
DMid: Tufts
Fogo: Colgate
Def: Cornell, Harvard, Darmouth
LSM: Manhattan/Lafayette
Goalie: Duke


It could be some variation of this:

Attack: Virginia, Navy, Notre Dame
Midfield First line: Duke, Johns Hopkins, North Carolina
Defense: Harvard, Cornell, Duke
Fogo: Princeton/Colgate
Goalie: Duke

Midfield second line: Wesleyan, Middlebury, St. Joseph's
LSM: Dartmouth/Manhattan
D Mid: Tufts/ Lehigh

They are solid either way.
Juniors are strong class and will likely have a big role among the starters.




Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Jun 2011
L
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
L
Joined: Jun 2011
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone from Chaminade name only the schools of the potential starters,will be attending.


ATT : UVA, Air Force, ND
Mid: Navy, Duke, Weslyan
DMid: Tufts
Fogo: Colgate
Def: Cornell, Harvard, Darmouth
LSM: Manhattan/Lafayette
Goalie: Duke


It could be some variation of this:

Attack: Virginia, Navy, Notre Dame
Midfield First line: Duke, Johns Hopkins, North Carolina
Defense: Harvard, Cornell, Duke
Fogo: Princeton/Colgate
Goalie: Duke

Midfield second line: Wesleyan, Middlebury, St. Joseph's
LSM: Dartmouth/Manhattan
D Mid: Tufts/ Lehigh

They are solid either way.
Juniors are strong class and will likely have a big role among the starters.




I would be surprised if more than 2/3 juniors would start even though they are talented and no way a sophomore is moved up.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The biggest school in Section 8 should win the class every year. Syosset is close to twice the size of every school in Nassau.


I guess math is not your strong suit.

Syo = 2,225
Freepoer = 2,114
Farmingdale = 1,993
Pequa = 1,941
Oceanside = 1,872


The mere fact that you put Freepoer (sic) in a lacrosse thread shows me you have NO clue about the sport. Guess brains is not your strong point.


Why is that? Freeport doesn't have a lacrosse team? Syosset is not "close twice the size of every school in Nassau" as you indicated. Fact is Syosset was undefeated in conference last year. Deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Jun 2011
L
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
L
Joined: Jun 2011
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone from Chaminade name only the schools of the potential starters,will be attending.


ATT : UVA, Air Force, ND
Mid: Navy, Duke, Weslyan
DMid: Tufts
Fogo: Colgate
Def: Cornell, Harvard, Darmouth
LSM: Manhattan/Lafayette
Goalie: Duke


It could be some variation of this:

Attack: Virginia, Navy, Notre Dame
Midfield First line: Duke, Johns Hopkins, North Carolina
Defense: Harvard, Cornell, Duke
Fogo: Princeton/Colgate
Goalie: Duke

Midfield second line: Wesleyan, Middlebury, St. Joseph's
LSM: Dartmouth/Manhattan
D Mid: Tufts/ Lehigh

They are solid either way.
Juniors are strong class and will likely have a big role among the starters.




Bet the 1st post is a senior parent and the second post is a junior parent

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The biggest school in Section 8 should win the class every year. Syosset is close to twice the size of every school in Nassau.


I guess math is not your strong suit.

Syo = 2,225
Freepoer = 2,114
Farmingdale = 1,993
Pequa = 1,941
Oceanside = 1,872


The mere fact that you put Freepoer (sic) in a lacrosse thread shows me you have NO clue about the sport. Guess brains is not your strong point.


Why is that? Freeport doesn't have a lacrosse team? Syosset is not "close twice the size of every school in Nassau" as you indicated. Fact is Syosset was undefeated in conference last year. Deal with it.


Syosset has way more boys to choose from, don't like it? Too bad, they should be beating everyone, and Freeport sucks at lacrosse in case you didn't know that. Syosset went undefeated in the conference when the only real competition they have is Massapequa and Farmingdale. Deal with it, and buy your boys some pants while you are at it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The biggest school in Section 8 should win the class every year. Syosset is close to twice the size of every school in Nassau.


I guess math is not your strong suit.

Syo = 2,225
Freepoer = 2,114
Farmingdale = 1,993
Pequa = 1,941
Oceanside = 1,872


The mere fact that you put Freepoer (sic) in a lacrosse thread shows me you have NO clue about the sport. Guess brains is not your strong point.


I think the point was that Syosset is NOT twice the size of EVERY school in Nassau - that the four other schools listed are all comparable in size. Lacrosse was secondary to that point.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The biggest school in Section 8 should win the class every year. Syosset is close to twice the size of every school in Nassau.


I guess math is not your strong suit.

Syo = 2,225
Freepoer = 2,114
Farmingdale = 1,993
Pequa = 1,941
Oceanside = 1,872


The mere fact that you put Freepoer (sic) in a lacrosse thread shows me you have NO clue about the sport. Guess brains is not your strong point.


I agree with the original post, since Syosset is close to "double" the population of every other high School they should win every game in every sport every year.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a lacrosse site, can't list Freepoer.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is a lacrosse site, can't list Freepoer.


The committee has had an emergency meeting to discuss this issue and has ruled you have no authority to decide what schools can and can not be discussed on this site. as per usual the vote was unanimous (1-0).

here is a list for you

Freepoer
Freeport
Freemasons
Freebutnotcheap
Freebird
Freeclear
Worldbefree

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the teams on the list are VERY good and I think for the most part on any given day...There are also plenty of really good teams from all over NOT on the list. Its paper shooting... Surprised Syosset made it. CSh and NC can settle it on the field and a number of other really good matchups. NJ is always under represented, especially the publics.


Syo has 10 D1 commits on the team this year and has won Nassau Class A last 2 years and LIC in 2015. Why wouldn't they be on the list.


Because they have to make up 90 plus goals this year from 2016, it's not like they lost a couple of 20g/20a guys. Too much stuff to list that they will not be able to replace for years to come.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The biggest school in Section 8 should win the class every year. Syosset is close to twice the size of every school in Nassau.


I guess math is not your strong suit.

Syo = 2,225
Freepoer = 2,114
Farmingdale = 1,993
Pequa = 1,941
Oceanside = 1,872


The mere fact that you put Freepoer (sic) in a lacrosse thread shows me you have NO clue about the sport. Guess brains is not your strong point.


I agree with the original post, since Syosset is close to "double" the population of every other high School they should win every game in every sport every year.


...and they did, so what's the issue?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is a lacrosse site, can't list Freepoer.


Oh, why is that? Freeport not deserving enough to be mentioned? I hope they beat your elitist school pal.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the teams on the list are VERY good and I think for the most part on any given day...There are also plenty of really good teams from all over NOT on the list. Its paper shooting... Surprised Syosset made it. CSh and NC can settle it on the field and a number of other really good matchups. NJ is always under represented, especially the publics.


Syo has 10 D1 commits on the team this year and has won Nassau Class A last 2 years and LIC in 2015. Why wouldn't they be on the list.


Because they have to make up 90 plus goals this year from 2016, it's not like they lost a couple of 20g/20a guys. Too much stuff to list that they will not be able to replace for years to come.


They don't have to make up anything, they have to beat Massapequa by 1 in the county Championship game and it doesn't matter if the score is 1-0 ....just win baby.


Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the teams on the list are VERY good and I think for the most part on any given day...There are also plenty of really good teams from all over NOT on the list. Its paper shooting... Surprised Syosset made it. CSh and NC can settle it on the field and a number of other really good matchups. NJ is always under represented, especially the publics.


Syo has 10 D1 commits on the team this year and has won Nassau Class A last 2 years and LIC in 2015. Why wouldn't they be on the list.


Because they have to make up 90 plus goals this year from 2016, it's not like they lost a couple of 20g/20a guys. Too much stuff to list that they will not be able to replace for years to come.


other teams also graduate good players

SYO top two players
61g 30a 91pts
24g 24a 48pts
total 85g 54a 139pts

Mass top two players
49g 26a 75pts
41g 22a 63pts
total 90g 48a 138pts

and Farmingdale lost one player 51g 50a 101pts

so in closing it is determined your argument does not hold water and you should go to the box and feel great shame.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is a lacrosse site, can't list Freepoer.


Oh, why is that? Freeport not deserving enough to be mentioned? I hope they beat your elitist school pal.


Oh stop it Bill Deblasio.

Like Reply Quote
Page 29 of 242 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 241 242
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4