BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,778
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 99 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 98 99
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
umm can we get back to the thread...westchester lacrosse?

Cross over sport question, how many westchester kids play both Hoops and lax? Which sport do you play losser in Hoops or Lax and why?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure exactly what this question is asking. Speaking for my son and most of his teammates in both Westchester and CT, I find that most lacrosse players who play multiple sports and aren't already specializing choose hockey for their winter sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone rank the travel programs in the Fairfield /westchester area?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Varies by graduation year, but I would rank as follows:
1. Express North or Prime Time
3. Eclipse
4. 3D
5. Predators
6 Chargers
Express North has an exceptional 2019AA team; Eclipse has an exceptional 2021 top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does 2 way or tri state 9 d 1 fit in

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9d1 tristate is an extremely well run program. 3 years old. Bocklet is a true pro and a world class family. But. This program is currently very low in talent and until they embrace a stronger tourney schedule, will remain weak. Recruiting is def not the focus

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the Crush writer .something tells me -You have never been there , you havent played , you havent won, if you did you wouldn't act the way you do . Listen when you leave a room , when you leave a field , you will hear laughter. There laughing at you .You know it. The owners of 91 are embarrassed by guys like you. YOU havent done anything , if your son is on Crush that's great for him . Too bad he has you acting like this .Really think about it .

I donated the proper chromosomes and genes. I think I pay the bills too. That's enough, I'm not embarrassed or apologizing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Varies by graduation year, but I would rank as follows:
1. Express North or Prime Time
3. Eclipse
4. 3D
5. Predators
6 Chargers
Express North has an exceptional 2019AA team; Eclipse has an exceptional 2021 top team.

I'm not sure why 3d is in this list. Don't see them doing too much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure why 3d is in this list. Don't see them doing too much.

They don't make the noise that Express and PT do with regard to emails, tweets, rah rah this and rah rah that. Easy to understand why you may not be fully aware of them. Not a lot of hype, just lacrosse.
Previously they were too "Greenwich-centric".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great point about the "best" local teams varying by grade (as many of the teams have several strong grades as well as several weaker grades).

I would put predators above 3D.

Also 2way is in the bottom half but it should improve given the addition of the Brunswick coaches (and thus more older Brunswick kids should join this program).

I would also add Superstars. A solid program but in the second half of the "local" teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see superstars on the rise. Colsey has embraced the box lax in a real way. With the rise of box, I see Kids gravitating his way in the future

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's really a funny comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is that funny? How many other travel teams in westchester /Fairfield are offering a true box team environment. 4 of the teams qualified for the box championships in San Jose in August. At some point parents may start thinking, why play summer for one team and box for another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drop Express North down 2 slots, losing some of their best players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 superstars team is very strong and top 10 in northeast , box program attracting top local talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are they leaving and to where

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 superstars box team finished 1st in their first box tourney and 2nd in last three. Lost to 91 Wolfpack 7-4 in last game. Anyone that knows 91 Wolfpack knows that a 3 goal game is amazing. Colsey's box teams are extremely respectable and will only help his field teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 superstars box team finished 1st in their first box tourney and 2nd in last three. Lost to 91 Wolfpack 7-4 in last game. Anyone that knows 91 Wolfpack knows that a 3 goal game is amazing. Colsey's box teams are extremely respectable and will only help his field teams

It could have been much worse, there are no moral victories.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well it was damn close all the way through. 7-4 loss against arguably the 2nd best 24 team in the east coast is a win in my book. And shows improvement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem with Superstars is Colsey has no people skills. Great player who knows the game in and out but he pushes kids away. Alienates himself with his own coaches. As for Box, 2 teams earned the invite to the Nationals the other two teams are going because they needed teams. Box is still in its infant stage for youth in the U.S. and not many real programs. Colsey does have an opportunity here to build his program back up. Let's see what he does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you go to the tourneys in philly. You see a lot of teams. Good teams , 91, brotherly love, Mesa , Eclipse, express, legacy. Etc etc It is definitely growing and growing. In 2-3 years. I'm guessing every top team will be playing box as part of their program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem with Superstars is Colsey has no people skills. Great player who knows the game in and out but he pushes kids away. Alienates himself with his own coaches. As for Box, 2 teams earned the invite to the Nationals the other two teams are going because they needed teams. Box is still in its infant stage for youth in the U.S. and not many real programs. Colsey does have an opportunity here to build his program back up. Let's see what he does.

It's worth noting that the only teams that do well for superstar are those that Colsey's kids play on. If you have a player the same age it's worth looking into. The other years don't get the same attention and are therefore can't compete at the same level. Many of those grades can't even field full teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS practices starting. Any early feedback from watching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you're a little early. Westchester public schools can't officially start until 2nd week of March. If you're talking about kids just hanging out, and throwing it around on the turf, then right now John Jay's looking unbeatable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you're a little early. Westchester public schools can't officially start until 2nd week of March. If you're talking about kids just hanging out, and throwing it around on the turf, then right now John Jay's looking unbeatable.

How many leagues are there? Brewster Danbury New rochelle. Think more West/ct kids play winter sports than some other areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Jay very good - yes, unbeatable -no.

They have talent but need all the other intangibles to come together to realize their full potential -

Leadership,intensity,coaching etc. will make the difference between another very good JJ team and a great one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have talent but need all the other intangibles to come together to realize their full potential -

Leadership,intensity,coaching etc. will make the difference between another very good JJ team and a great one.

John Jay will represent Westchester this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

very good talent, just way too soft to really compete
with the very top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% correct JJ has traditionally been soft and lets face it Yorktown is the class of Section 1, without the Savastanos & Booklets JJ lax is very good not great.
YTown is stacked for the next two seasons with insane talent and varsity (sectional) experience.
Go Huskers!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

very good talent, just way too soft to really compete
with the very top teams.

Two things have stood out to me over the last few years between these two perennial top teams. Strength of 'out of section' regular season games before the state play-offs. This year Yorktown plays Darien, Chaminade, St. Anthonys, Ridgefield & Jamesville-Dewitt. While I'm glad to see JJ picking it up a bit this year by playing Smithtown East, Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor and Wilton. (JV plays Chaminade and St. Anthony's, but not Varsity) One could argue Yorktown may lose 3,4, or 5 of those games, but be better prepared come play-off time.
And I've had debates with others regarding the benefit of most Yorktown players playing for Ballers over the summer, versus JJ where 4-5 play for PrimeTime and the rest are scattered on other summer teams. This seems to benefit the Yorktown mid-level player more, and with that commraderie of playing as a team with the single goal of winning a State Championship every year. But where JJ is a bit 'soft', and not in a physical sense, but it's in those big game settings. (JJ had a 7 or 8 goal half-time lead over Yorktown last year when their PT stud? starts taking 20-25 yard shots on the best goalie in the section.) Yorktown wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what's commraderie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what's commraderie?
Yup, my apologies to the Back of the Cage spelling champion..should have been spelled 'camaraderie'.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what's commraderie?
Yup, my apologies to the Back of the Cage spelling champion..should have been spelled 'camaraderie'.

Much better, thank you for correcting this indiscretion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John jay high school is an extension of their youth program. Over priced [lacrosse]. They take the best 5 kids per grade and that's it. Zero community spirit because those 5 best kids play for prime time or express north The bottom 5 play down in purchase for nine d 1 tri state. The model should be to keep these kids together from the beginning like yorktown and then they will start winning. Jjyl does a horrible job of recruiting new kids because they price people out with paid coaches when all these kids need is a dad to teach them to catch throw and cradle . Jj yl does nothing to keep the bottom 15 kids playing beyond the 2 month spring season. That comes from the top. Schurr is no where in sight - they offer a fall clinic which is fine and cheap. But. Beyond that , they are happy letting you pay every coach in the area for extra instruction . It's just sad. Yorktown Does it right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so What is Bronxville's secret with 100 kids or so per class.

also Darien, ridgefield kids play all over

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well ridgefield is not a great comp. Colsey rubs a lot of people the wrong way. These town kids should be playing together from day 1 at a young age. Winter spring etc. doesn't have to be mandatory. Throwing tennis balls around a gym is great for soft hands and for training goalies. If you want to be strong at the top, it starts with the foundation. For any youth organization to say, we are just spring, is doing a massive dis service to their town. It's just the way it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so What is Bronxville's secret with 100 kids or so per class.

also Darien, ridgefield kids play all over
you're right, but this was just comparing Yorktown with John Jay ....and I'm sure we can come up with other lacrosse towns... Simsbury?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It all starts from a strong foundation created in the youth programs. Yorktown has strong coaching from Day 1, committed and knowledgeable people who teach the game the right way and invest a lot of time and effort. They run clinics in the Fall and Winter and run great practices. My sons have been in the Yorktown program and the instruction is top notch and every kid plays. That pays dividends at the varsity level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Than their high school coach gets fired ,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets be honest, There is a ton of pressure Coaching at Yorktown. Did he lose his mind a few times yeah but most players and parents love him and that along with winning equals being a great coach.

Like Reply Quote
Page 29 of 99 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard