BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,863
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 144 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They are coaching all the teams.They want the hub money brother.

How can they coach every team? I guess on paper they coach every team, provide some instruction to each team and then attach themselves to one specific? My husband coaches for another big club and there is no way he could coach 2 or 3 teams with the level of commitment he gives his players.

So basically everyone was promised this great coaching staff (which it is, no doubt) but you have to share them with 3 or 4 other grade levels.
There will be conflicts. didn't MC miss 2 out of 5 summer tournaments last year? Tri State double overtime loss to 91 in the championship was one of them. before you sign, ask him if he'll be there.

Does your husband have a full time job? MC's full time job is lacrosse. He will have no problem managing 2017 & 2018 Terps.

Ill be honest, I don't care if MC is coaching the game at the tournament, it's the training and practice that will get your son better. Not who is strategically better on the sideline to win the game. Furthermore, what does that imply if MC wasn't at the tri-state game? If he was there, Express would have won? Maybe, maybe not. But the bottom line is the two teams were very well matched and the game could have gone either way.

Seriously?? You dont care if MC is coaching a game? Yes, training & practice will get your son better but, if a coach is is worth anything it IS the strategy on the sideline that will HELP these boys win a game. Its respect for the coach & his respect for his players during "game time" that matters. People are paying ALOT of $$ for a good coach to be @ practice, training & ALL games/tournaments. Job or no job MC is spreading himself thin coachng 3 (or more) teams!

It's very simple, there are other clubs for you to choose from.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I tell who told us Matt V. who is the 1/3 owner of the Hub. Our son is a top notch defenseman and will play for 91 again. At least at 91 they are not rob us with clincs!!!
Dude, every parent has a top notch A player. So Matt V assured your son a spot on MC's team if you paid for the clinics and you went to the clinics, not for the training but to buy your way on a team. BTW Matt is a 1/4 partner in the hub.

So basically you were willing to buy your son a spot on the team by attending the clinics and you talk about ethics?
Folks, we have spent a tremendous amount of time cleaning up this discussion over the last several days and here it gets stirred up again.

BOTC wants to make it completely clear that the discussion about this entire situation (player, family, indoor training) is now closed. No further posts on this particular subject will be approved by the moderators.

Should anyone attempt to post further regarding this situation, BOTC will apply our Board Rules including our Remediation Process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like express owns BOTC to, very sad.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Seems like express owns BOTC to, very sad.
Until BOTC carried the Express Girls tryouts as of last week, we had never spoken with the Express franchise regarding their club or teams.

That said, the conversation terminated has nothing to do with the Express specifically, but a directed attack on a particular player/family. BOTC investigated the situation and has decided to end the discussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few months ago you had no problem with a post accusing and a 91 coach of sending his player out to hurt someone. The name of the coach was on there as well. You never took that one down.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
A few months ago you had no problem with a post accusing and a 91 coach of sending his player out to hurt someone. The name of the coach was on there as well. You never took that one down.
Read the Board Rules. (Link is on the lower left corner of the screen.) Our position and moderation policy on coaches/adults versus players/youth is clearly articulated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh get over it. Nice job moderating the site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Read the Board Rules. (Link is on the lower left corner of the screen.) Our position and moderation policy on coaches/adults versus players/youth is clearly articulated.

here are your rules -

1) "Note that anonymous (unregistered) postings will be more closely scrutinized for objectionable content"

yet you allowed a father to be called <<DELETED>>.

2) "Identification of adults in posts should be accompanied with substantiated facts and details."

did they in fact substantiate that he was <<DELETED>> before you allowed the post?

I really think you owe him a public apology, I do not think merely deleting the word after you originally allowed it to be posted is enough.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Deleted Objectionable Reference
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I really think you owe him a public apology, I do not think merely deleting the word after you originally allowed it to be posted is enough.
Anymore than your repeating the same objectionable terms after BOTC corrected the problem in the first place?

As a registered user trying to stir the pot anonymously, you really should know better. By the way, you are posting this way for a reason, correct? Think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express rocks

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the 2021 team been chosen yet?

On the last night of tryouts the coaches said everyone would be getting an email on the decision, yea or nay...but to also speak with them at the end in order to double check if the registered email address was correct.

They did have our correct email address....we just haven't heard yea or nay yet. We are currently figuring it's a nay.

Thanks to anyone who responds.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm not sure about 2021, but my son tried out for 2022 and we haven't heard anything yet either. I was hoping to hear something by the end of the week....

Good Luck to you!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son just got into Express 2021 Terps. Is it A,B or C Team? Anything I need to know about the team? coaches? etc. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Lax 24/7
I'm not sure about 2021, but my son tried out for 2022 and we haven't heard anything yet either. I was hoping to hear something by the end of the week....

Good Luck to you!!

can the kids on the 2022 even spell express? I hear they will be starting a pre-k program in 2014

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son just got into Express 2021 Terps. Is it an A, B or C team? Do I need to know anything about the team? coaches? thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From earlier threads it appears as though Terps is A, Wolverines is B.

My son just made the Wolverines.

All the information is in the email, and the coaches are listed as well. Practices start this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe for 2021
A is Wolverines, B is Terps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the pick the 2028 team yet? If not I'll conceive tonight!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any way to confirm that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By Far the funniest comment EVER.
Scary thing is that some guy out there thinks this is a great idea. He probably said to himself "If I can only get all my athletic friends to have sex the same time I do, then we can all play travel lax together"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

last thing you want is a July lacrosse birthday, wait until December to conceive, then you can have a September laxer just don't start school early. common man, you gotta think this through

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Wolverines are the A team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right sorry. Haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awesome idea!!! Lezzgo lasers, hahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All so confusing - What is the 2019 Terps? B?

I read posts for other years making the terps D.

I hope Express will make a statement so we do not have guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is coaching the wolverines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is coaching the wolverines

come on, if you dont know you shouldnt be on it!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All so confusing - What is the 2019 Terps? B?

I read posts for other years making the terps D.

I hope Express will make a statement so we do not have guess.

How many teams will they carry for 2019? 2, 3, or 4.

Is one team a mix 5/6?

Wolverines A
Terps B
'Cudas ??

(who is the piranhas is there a team called such)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

last thing you want is a July lacrosse birthday, wait until December to conceive, then you can have a September laxer just don't start school early. common man, you gotta think this through

By then the eligible month will be July

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2022, there is only one team called the Terps. Does that mean this is the A team? Any idea how good this team is compared to Team 91 2022? My son got on both teams. Trying to figure it out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2022, there is only one team called the Terps. Does that mean this is the A team? Any idea how good this team is compared to Team 91 2022? My son got on both teams. Trying to figure it out.

You will probably do fine at either. I believe that 91 is your best bet. Realize that it will be what YOU make of it. Enjoy, and practice hard. Make sure that whichever you chose delivers what they CLAIM that they will.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry for not elaborating on my prior post, which is not up yet. My personal recommendation to go with 91 was not a cheesey snipe at Express. We have been on both clubs, and do feel that there is far less negative junk at 91. Either way, enjoy. Also, I realize that this is an Express thread. Just keeping up on things, nothing shifty!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A friend's kid tried out for both and said there was only 30 kids or so trying out for the 2022 Express team compared to over 100 for team 91? He thought the talent level was better at 91. Base d on that, I think 91 might be a better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone no the status of the Express 2018 Barracudas Team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A friend's kid tried out for both and said there was only 30 kids or so trying out for the 2022 Express team compared to over 100 for team 91? He thought the talent level was better at 91. Base d on that, I think 91 might be a better

I think there were less than 30 at Express for 2022 both nights.
If there were "over 100" at team 91 then you know which is the better team, but 100 3rd graders is quite a bit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good thing you clarified which team of 8 year olds are the pre-season favorite. You can rest easy, knowing that you have provided such valuable info to the local lacrosse world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is nice to see some people still have a sense of humor and don't take kiddie lax too seriously. This is a great sight for info, but some of the postings are insane. It is sad that most of the stupid postings are from parents of grade school kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage, the power ranger post was one of the funniest. why was it removed. I did not find it offensive and I have a 2022 kid.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cage, the power ranger post was one of the funniest. why was it removed. I did not find it offensive and I have a 2022 kid.
Apologies - operational error based on some inputs that we received; there were some readers who offered additional background that we processed off-line.

Like Reply Quote
Page 38 of 144 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard