BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,535
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 33 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 32 33
Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the " top blue teams" really just A and B or did they move weaker players down and better players up?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are the " top blue teams" really just A and B or did they move weaker players down and better players up?

tough decisions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Verbal commits are worth nothing, they are in their own right to not follow up with the scholorship.

The majority of commits are in fact honored by both the players and the coaches. Scholarship offers are also honored in the large majority of cases.

It is the exception not the rule when a commitment is broken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Verbal commits are worth nothing, they are in their own right to not follow up with the scholorship.

The majority of commits are in fact honored by both the players and the coaches. Scholarship offers are also honored in the large majority of cases.

Thanks dad, where did your daughter verbal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He understated it. 99 percent of verbals are honored by the college in women's lacrosse , yes the athletes decommitt more often. Tell us the programs that are not honoring their commitments , you can't . Stop being such a loser because schools have no interest in your kid , maybe they would if more programs did not take their commitments so seriously.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He understated it. 99 percent of verbals are honored by the college in women's lacrosse , yes the athletes decommitt more often. Tell us the programs that are not honoring their commitments , you can't . Stop being such a loser because schools have no interest in your kid , maybe they would if more programs did not take their commitments so seriously.

Do everyone a favor keep sitting by yourself yelling at your Shannon to go to cage, go to cage, go to cage!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't get your panties all in a tizzy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern ... a few years ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern ... a few years ago

Good for her, that's a great school! smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't get your panties all in a tizzy.

Those aren't my panties it's your wife's.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here NJ my daughters freshman class has 4 verbals already. 2 ivy's and two top 20 programs. one of the kids is a pot head, go figure. none had any grades posted, hadn't got one GB, assist, goal or anything. some strange things happening in this sport..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here NJ my daughters freshman class has 4 verbals already. 2 ivy's and two top 20 programs. one of the kids is a pot head, go figure. none had any grades posted, hadn't got one GB, assist, goal or anything. some strange things happening in this sport..

Actually happening in many sports ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are a punk. "kid is a pot head " ok weasel.....
are you that much of a miserable cow that you would subtlety try and sabotage the kids spot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you that much of a miserable cow that you would subtlety try and sabotage the kids spot?

Not the original poster but isn't it the kid that's smoking the pot the one that is sabotaging her own spot. It's always everyone else's fault. This society is going crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"My daughter has no shot of playing college lacrosse, so I'm going to call other kids that are getting recruited pot heads."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed...[lacrosse] comment by every stretch....you, my dbag friend are the "strange thing" happening in this sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
point is that the jealous mommy has to disparage the commit with innuendo. I am sure that they somehow got word to the potential college coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the original poster but isn't it the kid that's smoking the pot the one that is sabotaging her own spot. It's always everyone else's fault. This society is going crazy.

Funny you should say that, same situation happening over at St.A's with one of the commits to a top program. take your pick between suspension and grades or both, not the way a commit should set an example especially at that age. Let's see how this plays out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you under the impression that someone other than a bunch of middle age hacks with red cups in their hands is in here trying to decipher anonymous rants and name calling???

Maybe you should put down the bong as well..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Politics. Welcome to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your saying a top 10 level program would make this kind of commitment to a 14 year old just based on politics?? How does that work??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh let me guess you are from STEPS? Your jealousy should be very embarrassing to you. Doesn;t matter what you think, matters what the school/coaches see. Somehow parents always think they no better and the excuse is always politics. Also, to call a freshman girls a pothead you should be ashamed of yourself. Go back under your rock and if you want your daughter recruited tell her to play better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have no idea who you people are talking about and it is a little gross that you are knocking 14 year old kids but even funnier is that none of the angry people deny the kid is a pot head. If you think these coaches actually practice the nonsense they tell you I have a bridge for sale. "we recruit families not just players", "we are looking for kids that are not only great players but great kids " blah blah. If they think your kid can help them win then welcome to the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the poster who called her a jealous mom. nailed it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh let me guess you are from STEPS? Your jealousy should be very embarrassing to you. Doesn;t matter what you think, matters what the school/coaches see. Somehow parents always think they no better and the excuse is always politics. Also, to call a freshman girls a pothead you should be ashamed of yourself. Go back under your rock and if you want your daughter recruited tell her to play better.

You're a regular Columbo there guy! Probably complete with the creepy raincoat.. Now have a toke and relax..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of several kids who played D1 sports, I can assure you there are potheads on teams, as well as users of other substances from Adderall to I don't even know. The team knows, and depending on how stringent the testing is, the coaches eventually know. I know two kids, two different schools, who played with my kids who were booted for failing drug tests. Would a recruiter see this or know this? Certainly not.

So is there a HS pothead? Probably. No sense in dancing around that; it's not name-calling if it's true. She either cleans up her act or she will quit or get kicked off a team. In my HS, there was a star the coach loved but she loved drugs better and that's what she chose. Very sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of several kids who played D1 sports, I can assure you there are potheads on teams, as well as users of other substances from Adderall to I don't even know. The team knows, and depending on how stringent the testing is, the coaches eventually know. I know two kids, two different schools, who played with my kids who were booted for failing drug tests. Would a recruiter see this or know this? Certainly not.

So is there a HS pothead? Probably. No sense in dancing around that; it's not name-calling if it's true. She either cleans up her act or she will quit or get kicked off a team. In my HS, there was a star the coach loved but she loved drugs better and that's what she chose. Very sad.
[quote=Anonymous]

Apparently the only sad part is she loses her "spot" and Dad loses his ability to puff out his chest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a regular Columbo there guy! Probably complete with the creepy raincoat.. Now have a toke and relax..
you are everything that is bad about the sport. Completely jealous of everyone else rather than happy for them. And post anonymously that one of the 14-year old kids is a pothead on a lax message board. I hope Shoulberg cuts your daughter from STEPS, would serve you right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and not the drugs, or the alcohol, or the fact that the Love girl down in Charlottesville is no longer here. no no its some parent trying to discuss things- that's the real problem in Lacrosse. come one snowflake don't have such thin skin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are everything that is bad about the sport. Completely jealous of everyone else rather than happy for them. And post anonymously that one of the 14-year old kids is a pothead on a lax message board. I hope Shoulberg cuts your daughter from STEPS, would serve you right.

The worse thing in the sport to me is the sportsmanship. Parents red faced screaming at the ref for a bad call. How about the parent screaming at someone else's daughter because she didn't pass to your daughter who was so wide open. or lost the ball worse yet.. your that guy right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most travel lacrosse parents suck that's why we are all hated especially at school games. The previous posts play right in to the hatred.

It's a posting sickness like politics, some cant stop posting Trump or Hillary stuff and some cant stop posting about their kids lax. We get it all of our kids are good! Be humble and root on others

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most travel lacrosse parents suck that's why we are all hated especially at school games. The previous posts play right in to the hatred.

It's a posting sickness like politics, some cant stop posting Trump or Hillary stuff and some cant stop posting about their kids lax. We get it all of our kids are good! Be humble and root on others
Stop all of the the pontificating crap. Read the original post that triggered all of this..."here NJ my daughters freshman class has 4 verbals already. 2 ivy's and two top 20 programs. one of the kids is a pot head, go figure. none had any grades posted, hadn't got one GB, assist, goal or anything. some strange things happening in this sport". Essentially said none of them deserve it, one is a pot smoker. this my friends is a bad person posting that. A jealous loser and very negative person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop all of the the pontificating crap. Read the original post that triggered all of this..."here NJ my daughters freshman class has 4 verbals already. 2 ivy's and two top 20 programs. one of the kids is a pot head, go figure. none had any grades posted, hadn't got one GB, assist, goal or anything. some strange things happening in this sport". Essentially said none of them deserve it, one is a pot smoker. this my friends is a bad person posting that. A jealous loser and very negative person.

"Pontificating" we got a genuine intellectual in our midst!! Probably an I've leaguer at that!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is as long as dopes like you keep rising to the bait, jerks like that will just keep on throwing it out. A cheap thrill I think..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Youth Lax is more about parents then it is the kids. Travel Summer lax for 1st graders? They cant even throw and catch! Parents are getting nuttier by the year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is as long as dopes like you keep rising to the bait, jerks like that will just keep on throwing it out. A cheap thrill I think..
you an a-hole no doubt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Youth Lax is more about parents then it is the kids. Travel Summer lax for 1st graders? They cant even throw and catch! Parents are getting nuttier by the year

Amen. Sign us up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To change the subject a little, my 2020 daughter visited a few schools December and January. The visits were real visits, requested by schools. The visits were anywhere between 4-8 hours and went well, but to date there haven't been any offers. When I look at the schools she visited most of them are still filling out their 2019 rosters, and the schools did mention they would get back to us when they sorted out their recruits. Each school Said she was high on their list, but I know they'll say things like that anyway. I know that if she was the #1 or #2 choice obviously she'd have gotten a response, but typically how long before schools come back, or is it most likely something that will need to be revisited in the spring? Please try to answer question without sarcasm, I'm just trying to get a feel for the process. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To change the subject a little, my 2020 daughter visited a few schools December and January. The visits were real visits, requested by schools. The visits were anywhere between 4-8 hours and went well, but to date there haven't been any offers. When I look at the schools she visited most of them are still filling out their 2019 rosters, and the schools did mention they would get back to us when they sorted out their recruits. Each school Said she was high on their list, but I know they'll say things like that anyway. I know that if she was the #1 or #2 choice obviously she'd have gotten a response, but typically how long before schools come back, or is it most likely something that will need to be revisited in the spring? Please try to answer question without sarcasm, I'm just trying to get a feel for the process. Thanks

Ask more questions next time , things like " where am I on your recruiting list" etc so you know better where you stand.Not sure if you play for a club but would not hurt to have your club coach/director reach out and see what they are thinking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask more questions next time , things like " where am I on your recruiting list" etc so you know better where you stand.Not sure if you play for a club but would not hurt to have your club coach/director reach out and see what they are thinking.

For the school that my daughter ultimately chose, it was a year. They were the first to request a visit, with seven schools visited in the middle, then a year later, they were the last. Be patient.

Page 24 of 33 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard