BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Long Island Jesters
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I 100% understand it's out of the Jesters hands when the schedule is passed along to them. No fault with them on that at all. They were actually on the ball and sent an email out about a week ago letting everyone know they still didn't have a schedule and would pass it along as soon as they did.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats a Joke JIm is a great coach my son plays for the 2014 team it takes time to build a good team relax remeber they are in 5th grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, it is not a joke.
The 2020 team had major issues last year.
The head coach was rarely there. The assistant was a "tough guy" who just yelled at their players to "hit them". That really teaches kids how to get better, doesn't it?
Even when the head coach was there, the team struggled significantly.
There are so many teams out there, to spend the money that the Jesters charge to be on this team is a mistake.
Tomahawks,Checkmate, Riptide,Outlaws,Pride etc. are all better options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
\You need to find a team with a qualified dad coaching and possibly a younger college player to bring the dad up to speed. I'm pretty sure Jim and Rich both have older kids and none at the youth level. They are the "directors" who's now only motive is profit. Not that there is anything wrong with that but don't expect the type of dedication they may have given to the older teams they coached.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jim has a son on the 2020 team!!! Great idea to have a dad coach!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is the same coach jim from massapequa I would look elsewhere. I have heard nothing nut negative things about him. Experienced it first hand in florida this past summer. Disgruntled......maybe but ask around. The guy is awful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not even think of playing for jim. He is by no means a good coach. Talk to a parent of a child that played for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Want to clarify....jim k is a good coach...jim b is not a good coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I received an email last night with the time and date of the first game only. No other info in the email. This team doesn't seem to be very free with passing around the information.

Believe it or not, that's all that was released from the league, the first week.

They will release the game schedule for that week only- every week. It is frustrating to wait until Wed or Thurs to make plans for the week end. This is the way the league ran in the Spring as well...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you play on this team last year? And if you did how much did you pay from my understanding it was a developmental group
that had some good players on the team. You sound like a bitter person you should move on an enjoy your 5th grade son or girl. If you did play last year maybe you just call Jim and speak with him.Instead you hide behind some nonsense forum

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was in the 3rd grade last year Rich coached the team it was a great experince.The kids learned not just lacrosse but how to have fun. This is my oldest child we are diffently going back to play for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jim K is on to coaching his kid with a 3rd or 4th different
travel group. That's usually a good indicator of a good coach, isn't it?
He will not be missed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids do the jesters put on each of there teams ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He will not be missed.

Whoa, whoa!! Jim K is a great guy/coach that happened to coach for a very disloyal & unscrupulous organization. Good luck to him & his new venture!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen knock it off they are both good guys get a life. Jim K and Jim B are good coaches disloyal and unscrupulous did you play for the organization? You have no idea what you are talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen knock it off they are both good guys get a life. Jim K and Jim B are good coaches disloyal and unscrupulous did you play for the organization? You have no idea what you are talking about

The poor grammar and lack of punctuation made the comments nearly unintelligible. The answer to the question which you had posted, I believe, is "yes". Well, my son did. I would not challenge the allegations of disloyalty and lack of scruples. Even those involved in said organization would know better than tempting this on a public forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As I said, Jim K is a good coach and a good guy. The organization he had coached for IS disloyal and unscrupulous. My son DID play for the organization, so I DO have an idea of what I am talking about. Best move, ever, for Jim K to move on to another organization!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes its a good move for everyone. Jk has a big commitment with his HS team
Everyone wishs him good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall sessin started last night some good talent on all the fields. its nice to see the boys together again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Statement below is absolutely not true, and Cage Sage should do some checking before allowing a rediculous post like this. Jim K has only coached his town team and for the express.
He is a great guy and seemed committed to every kid and Parent he had on his team always. Just so you know he was asked to coach for our orgainization and choose not to make a change.
If you or your son would not miss him it just means you never played for him or you are just cluless.

He will not be missed

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
... and Cage Sage should do some checking before allowing a rediculous post like this.
If you would like to talk about this in more details, contact us directly at cagesage@backofthecage.com. If you think that the post is in the wrong, send us an attributed e-mail and we will review your information.

Articles that originate with BOTC staffers are researched and fact-checked before posting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen everyone stop Jim K is a good guy and an old friend.
He is dedicated to his kids and the game.
Regarding the organization being disloyal that's 100% not true
Please check all the facts
Jim K good luck to you. You know where we left off.

Jesters founder

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters posted addtional try out dates

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Statement below is absolutely not true, and Cage Sage should do some checking before allowing a rediculous post like this. Jim K has only coached his town team and for the express.
He is a great guy and seemed committed to every kid and Parent he had on his team always. Just so you know he was asked to coach for our orgainization and choose not to make a change.
If you or your son would not miss him it just means you never played for him or you are just cluless.

He will not be missed

Please check your facts, although I agree with your point, I am confident that Jim K has never coached Express, the guy is 100% about the kids and I will follow him anywhere he goes as long as my son is lucky enough to get him as a coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since they held tryouts already and then they sent out letters to those registered saying they had picked their teams. One can assume that this is to push their "developmental program" which they sent along to those that did not make it. For all the bashing everyone does of the bigger clubs; my impression is that they are trying to make a bit more tryout fees also and push MDP training.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since they held tryouts already and then they sent out letters to those registered saying they had picked their teams. One can assume that this is to push their "developmental program" which they sent along to those that did not make it. For all the bashing everyone does of the bigger clubs; my impression is that they are trying to make a bit more tryout fees also and push MDP training.

Or maybe now that 91 and a few of the other programs are done with their invites (or will be soon) they want to see if they can get the best of the rest. Since a few of their first picks may have originally said no because they were waiting on the other clubs.

for the record I dont think there is a problem with that, there is always somewhere for a child to play. Sometimes the timing of the tryouts and committments do not let you find the right fit for your child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this for B/C team slots ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If yo recived a notice to play for the MDP team. You probaly belongs in that program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I recieved the same notice. i am going to attend the try out and meet the MDP coaches
Sounds like a good program
The flyer had some good information.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe it will be for B plus players. They only have one team per age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't at tryouts, just asking about team openings. By looking at your grammar skills, you probably belong in a GED program. Why would you insult kids/parents who maybe don't have the skills to make top teams ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They sent notices to everyone? That's funny because I know a couple people who haven't heard crap since the tryouts. To receive an email that states "due to overwhelming response they are having another tryout" when we haven't heard anything about the results of the first is kind of a slap in the face. The total lack of communication with this club is unprofessional. This is by far one of the worst experiences we've had with a club. Every other team we have played with has always been completely accessible and kept everyone equally informed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They sent notices to everyone? That's funny because I know a couple people who haven't heard crap since the tryouts. To receive an email that states "due to overwhelming response they are having another tryout" when we haven't heard anything about the results of the first is kind of a slap in the face. The total lack of communication with this club is unprofessional. This is by far one of the worst experiences we've had with a club. Every other team we have played with has always been completely accessible and kept everyone equally informed.

I too would take it as a slap in the face, but i guess the reality is they are waiting to see what else is available. Due to many changes at other programs. If you make the team you will be happy that they are trying to take the best available players just not any player trying out.

I understand you want "closure" but if your son wants to play for them - call them. See where your son stands if nothing else see if you can go to the added tryout (of course without paying since you already paid once) and see how your child's talents are compared to the added players who respond.

and If you didnt make that developmental squad, maybe it is becuase your child is inbetween. better than developing players and you would be bored and not as good as a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have called several times as well as sent several emails with no response from anyone. This is not a case of us just sitting back and not being proactive, this is a club's complete lack of professionalism. Other parents are experiencing the same problems so this is not a case of one kid slipping through the cracks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have called several times as well as sent several emails with no response from anyone. This is not a case of us just sitting back and not being proactive, this is a club's complete lack of professionalism. Other parents are experiencing the same problems so this is not a case of one kid slipping through the cracks.

This is not unique to the Jesters. Most teams either post roster/invites on website and/or send email that you made the team. All organizations are busy with tryouts for many age groups and getting fall practices started for newly formed teams. Unfortunately, I can only imagine the selected teams are the priority. Having been around awhile and with friends that have played many clubs and attended many tryouts I know of none that send out word that you were not accepted. That said, my sons and I have been in your shoes, I agree with having a sense of closure however that is not the norm. Be positive with your son, work hard and attend more tryouts. He will find a fit and have a team to play on. Best of luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I recieved an e mail suggesting a developmental program. I looked into the program I feel its a great fit for my son. I spoke with the Jesters. They have one team per age group ( excluding the 2016 age group ) I would just call them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens when a club sends an e mail to a player and the player or players tell them they are trying out for multiple teams. They ask the club wait for a answer. I am new to this travel lacrosse. I have friends that ask the clubs to wait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do make a point in regards to notification. If it is valid or not, well...that is not my call. I can tell you from personal experience that it really stinks to watch your son/daughter try-out....put themselves "out there", and then left hanging in the breeze. If I can give you some advice on dealing with the situation, I think it will be of some help. I personally have never played lacrosse, but I did play football right through college. My son plays both lax and football. You need to drop the anger of not hearing from the club. It is not going to get your son on the team. Most clubs do not notify you if you didn't make it, although it would be nice. The best thing to do, is first praise and congratulate your child for trying something that puts him/her in harms way. This game is rough and not for everyone. Tell him/her straight that you don't think they made the team, but try to help them get better by putting the stick in their hand and praticing. I'm glad the tryouts are competitive....this is sports and it needs to be competitive. Of course you want the kids to grow and develop, but let's be honest....they said on the flyer they were looking for "quality" not "quantity"......Every kid desereves to play...but not all will make an elite level team....it is up to the kids to practice and the parents to seek out the appropriate program......Im so tired of the sense of entitlement mentality....it is crippling our youth.........Be happy that the kids have the courage to try, and do your best to develop.......my son did not make any team last year....he worked his butt off on his own and made a team this year........lesson learned....work hard and results will come with anything you do........Hope this helps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's just disappointing to have heard such great things about this organization only to be treated like a 2nd class citizen. I understand not letting everyone know the results, but to not return phone calls and emails, it's just a bit much.
We have moved on to other teams and will never return to this team nor recommand it to anyone else.
I just want to one last time state, that this is not a case of a parent being mad because thier child did not make the team, it's a case of a parent being mad about being blatantly ignored by the organiztion while reading and hearing first hand that others have reached out and gotten a response.
My best of luck to those who did make the team for a great season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Jesters having another round of tryouts? I received an e-mail stating "due to overwhelming response" they are having a second round of tryouts. Now it's not on the web-site anymore. Maybe to many complaints....

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard