BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 28 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FYI 32 of the 48 2020 Commits are not from NLF Teams.

So 16 kids are from NLF teams. The NLF is what 12 teams or less. So we can say the USA 32 NLF 12. I think this says the NLF is pretty darn good.

MD-15, NY-14 ,FL-5, PA-4, NJ-2

Now put club please

Now make me a sandwich.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"honey.. I'm really losing sleep lately over our decision to holdback Johnny. I'm really struggling with how he will handle himself 4 years from now at Notre Dame when his teamates and future Private equity employer find out he has has a summer birthday" Said no one EVER!!

"But dear, what kind of example are we teaching by showing him that it's ok to game the system to get what you want, regardless of how it impacts others?" Said lots of parents, many times, hopefully.

The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching. - John Wooden
Unfortunately everyone is watching now.

As a parent of a son with a late summer birthday who has committed, I am thankful that we waited to have my son start kindergarten years ago. This was well before he started playing sports. At the time, he was not ready for the structure of school.

Today, my son is a dedicated student athlete, who is focused on getting better everyday. Much of what he does is when no one is watching. I can say the same for others who have committed.

I cannot control what others think about my son. My focus is making sure that he stays humble and continues to have true character.

Well I am sure he is confident he has been a year older then everyone in everything he has ever done. I hope you can sleep when you think about all the kids your older son pushed to the end of the bench over the last 15 years. Because you clearly stated that this has given him a advantage over the boys who where not held back. Sleep well sir sleep well.

Has lacrosse always been grade based? No. Up until recently, my son was one of the youngest, if not the youngest, on his team and was able to compete.

However, there are some obvious holdbacks that seem to have been held back to get an athletic advantage in 6th, 7th or 8th grade. I would think that many who have done this will struggle now that they are in high school.

I am glad that my kid has experienced being the youngest and having to compete for playing time since all 2020's are now the youngest trying to compete as freshman.

He had to been on a grade based team in at least 7th grade and most likely 6th grade. So he has been getting a advantage for at least 4 years. And if this advantage your son got because of his birthday how can you call out the parents who did it later in life for sports. Same results sorry.

All well and good but what would you have to say if I told you that he played TWO years up during one of his middle school years? Sorry, but I think I just blew your argument out of the water.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So 16 kids are from NLF teams. The NLF is what 12 teams or less. So we can say the USA 32 NLF 12. I think this says the NLF is pretty darn good.

Now put club please

google recruiting rundown 2020
Edge Canada in NLF so there is 2 more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now put club please

google recruiting rundown 2020
Edge Canada in NLF so there is 2 more
and two more for USA,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The high ranking public schools in Maryland are all in Montgomery County. Baltimore County has 1 or 2 high schools that rank above avg and the rest are average at best. You need to stop massaging the stats to try and prove your ill advised argument.

Most of them are Anne Arundel County

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the kids that are from NLF teams are probably reclassed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]And the kids that are from NLF teams are probably reclassed

Ask Kevin Corrigan or Danowski if he cares.........they don't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No but they do care about what type of parent comes with the package.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two for for team USA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]No but they do care about what type of parent comes with the package.

True, guess we passed the test

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone want to attempt a top ten going into November

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone want to attempt a top ten going into November

Yes, those first ten commits. That would be my top ten, then numbers 11-20.

Your kids are in high school, no one cares how many pumpkin spice tournament t-shirts your son wins. Don't fall victim to the club push for the race to tourney wins. You should be counting campus visits and having you son get better to play varsity as a freshman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another commit for Team USA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Anyone want to attempt a top ten going into November

Yes, those first ten commits. That would be my top ten, then numbers 11-20.

Your kids are in high school, no one cares how many pumpkin spice tournament t-shirts your son wins. Don't fall victim to the club push for the race to tourney wins. You should be counting campus visits and having you son get better to play varsity as a freshman.

Amen. The days of the $2 medal that breaks in the car on the ride home are over, Its the arms race now for a spot to play on.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me you are not asking for a top ten list of verbally committed 9th graders. Seriously? You need to get a life.

In terms of the NLF - why are we referring to anyone who plays on those teams as Team USA? Let's hope the Crabs, FCA, Looneys don't represent the USA. Field some on age teams and stop gaming the system with reclassed kids playing against younger kids to start.

To the father that says his son is a holdback but played up I call BS. UNC commit - right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all and your holdback talk...the horse is dead. Stop beating it. It's getting boring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me you are not asking for a top ten list of verbally committed 9th graders. Seriously? You need to get a life.

In terms of the NLF - why are we referring to anyone who plays on those teams as Team USA? Let's hope the Crabs, FCA, Looneys don't represent the USA. Field some on age teams and stop gaming the system with reclassed kids playing against younger kids to start.

To the father that says his son is a holdback but played up I call BS. UNC commit - right?

The reclass talk should be on the 2021 page and below. Anyone with 2020 or older should move on to a new talking point. Bigger/older kids will be the early commits just a fact. And guess what the NLF has the lock on older/bigger kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF futures invite and others like it. Are these just blasted out across the web to anybody based off US Lacrosse membership data or what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF futures invite and others like it. Are these just blasted out across the web to anybody based off US Lacrosse membership data or what?
\
Like 99% of these things they go out in waves. They shoot for top talent from top clubs. Then they send out another wave to fill the holes to make money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
\
Like 99% of these things they go out in waves. They shoot for top talent from top clubs. Then they send out another wave to fill the holes to make money.

Ok, so top talent from top clubs. Where do they get the info from in order to send out e-mail invites?

My son has gotten several over the past week or two, but they just seem like canned invites that are blasted out via the web.

And the NLF is in Florida..why? Who is trekking down to that swamp looking for recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well they get your emails from your club or from another showcase/tournament you have entered. When I say top clubs that means those are the ones they say yes to first then look for the lesser clubs kids to fill the spots. As for going to FL take a look at the 2020 commit list and count how many Sweetlax FL players are on that list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well they get your emails from your club or from another showcase/tournament you have entered. When I say top clubs that means those are the ones they say yes to first then look for the lesser clubs kids to fill the spots. As for going to FL take a look at the 2020 commit list and count how many Sweetlax FL players are on that list.

Looking at their website, it's 3 or 4. But it's the affiliation with the parent upstate NY club, coaches and national team that got those kids recognized....not being in Florida. Congrats to those young men, but I still fail to recognize who would attend a Florida event, when your just a few hours from lax mecca Baltimore, NY, DC metro etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off your trekking down IMG facility that cost about 75k a year for high school not a swamp you moron. The facility is better than most d-1 colleges. I was down there last year and I have no kid that attended this event. The event was run very well and attended by many d-1, d-2, and d-3 coaches. The talent was top shelf and the games were great to watch. If you should get an invite I would go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at their website, it's 3 or 4. But it's the affiliation with the parent upstate NY club, coaches and national team that got those kids recognized....not being in Florida. Congrats to those young men, but I still fail to recognize who would attend a Florida event, when your just a few hours from lax mecca Baltimore, NY, DC metro etc.

Well is the Date Dec, or Jan. That could be a good reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reclass talk should be on the 2021 page and below. Anyone with 2020 or older should move on to a new talking point. Bigger/older kids will be the early commits just a fact. And guess what the NLF has the lock on older/bigger kids.

I agree. Time to move on. The reclass players have got their advantage since they were 10 and its over for now. They will continue to get it among their piers in grade but HS will have other grades ahead of them for a while. As college age freshman in 12th grade playing against younger players their advantage will be minimal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Please tell me you are not asking for a top ten list of verbally committed 9th graders. Seriously? You need to get a life.

I agree. Time to move on. The reclass players have got their advantage since they were 10 and its over for now. They will continue to get it among their piers in grade but HS will have other grades ahead of them for a while. As college age freshman in 12th grade playing against younger players their advantage will be minimal.

Waaaahhhhh, that kid is better than mine. That's not fair. I want my mommy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off your trekking down IMG facility that cost about 75k a year for high school not a swamp you moron. The facility is better than most d-1 colleges. I was down there last year and I have no kid that attended this event. The event was run very well and attended by many d-1, d-2, and d-3 coaches. The talent was top shelf and the games were great to watch. If you should get an invite I would go.
Event was not great. Teams had 10 and 11 midfielders on them. Kids couldn't get on the field. Watching 91 and Crab dads foaming at the mouth because their kid would get 2-3 shifts a game. $money $money $money. Your kids should get enough looks in Fall and Summer without doing anything extra.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Please tell me you are not asking for a top ten list of verbally committed 9th graders. Seriously? You need to get a life.

Waaaahhhhh, that kid is better than mine. That's not fair. I want my mommy.

Relax Ryan.. More kids are reclassing/prefisrt/heldback then any time of lacrosse. The future is looking good!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hate to bust your bubble but there are no on age 2020 teams anywhere, Md., NY, Pa., NJ, Va. They all have some holdbacks, some teams a few and some teams a good part of their roster, like Crabs and FCA. Many have seen the rosters of the two mentioned teams and they have quite a few holdbacks. Teams like 91 Md., Hawks and Looney's have a few but not close to the numbers of others. NY fans will completely trash the idea there are no holdbacks but we all know better. And it has nothing to do with pre first or attending public schools. But as others have said, time to leave the 2020's and look now at the 2021 teams and see how their rosters stack up for the upcoming season.
Lastly, which team do you feel represents the USA. I know, your sons team, right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think any team represents the USA unless they ARE Team USA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Camps/events like IMG and 3D Rising are great training opportunities and invite only. There are plenty of College coaches there as an added benefit and it helps by putting in a concentrated location talented players- talented so a mix of some of the best and some skilled players just like Underarmour can not be considered ALL the best but still a higher level of play by players committed to the game and getting better. The added sunshine in January helps...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a Tudor. More money in Merit scholarships than Lax. In addition, you will not have to come on this board and complain. Grade Matter!! LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a Tudor. More money in Merit scholarships than Lax. In addition, you will not have to come on this board and complain. Grade Matter!! LOL

Or you can hire a TUTOR to help with your sad command of the English language. Then the tutor can try to help your son with his son's issues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Get a Tudor. More money in Merit scholarships than Lax. In addition, you will not have to come on this board and complain. Grade Matter!! LOL

Keep telling your self there is no money in lax.....not true for top kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or you can hire a TUTOR to help with your sad command of the English language. Then the tutor can try to help your son with his son's issues.

Maybe he's saying get a Tudor style home since that's what all of the rich people in the movies live in...but probably not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe he's saying get a Tudor style home since that's what all of the rich people in the movies live in...but probably not.
good thing this is anonymous wink dork!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

good thing this is anonymous wink dork!

More than likely he wanted to hire a person from England's Tudor dynasty to teach him proper English. Not sure about their Lacrosse skills, but many Tudor's swung a mean axe!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"honey.. I'm really losing sleep lately over our decision to holdback Johnny. I'm really struggling with how he will handle himself 4 years from now at Notre Dame when his teamates and future Private equity employer find out he has has a summer birthday" Said no one EVER!!

"But dear, what kind of example are we teaching by showing him that it's ok to game the system to get what you want, regardless of how it impacts others?" Said lots of parents, many times, hopefully.

The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching. - John Wooden

As a parent of a son with a late summer birthday who has committed, I am thankful that we waited to have my son start kindergarten years ago. This was well before he started playing sports. At the time, he was not ready for the structure of school.

Today, my son is a dedicated student athlete, who is focused on getting better everyday. Much of what he does is when no one is watching. I can say the same for others who have committed.

I cannot control what others think about my son. My focus is making sure that he stays humble and continues to have true character.

Well I am sure he is confident he has been a year older then everyone in everything he has ever done. I hope you can sleep when you think about all the kids your older son pushed to the end of the bench over the last 15 years. Because you clearly stated that this has given him a advantage over the boys who where not held back. Sleep well sir sleep well.

Not really an advantage if he's three whole days older than 9/1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really an advantage if he's three whole days older than 9/1.

Maybe for the kid with an early Sept birthday- but what about the kids that were born 10-11 months later than your son? Deadlines are set for a reason- but life is not fair and you do what is best for your kid. I also have a kid that we held back for developmental reasons in kindergarten, but when he plays hockey ( not a lax player) he still plays age appropriate because he was held back for maturation reasons, not physical limitations. I see a difference, sorry. Lacrosse is soft- you can play in just about any age group, barring ridiculousness. The powers that be need to set youth lax straight. Once in HS- its free reign.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These kids are in HS. Get a life. Nobody cares except this weird subculture.

Page 18 of 28 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard