BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,094
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 114 of 144 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so how many did they get signed? I'm sure they sent out an e-mail to the suckers (parents) of kids on all of the teams

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol... he said sucka'

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The kid should have signed his NLI Junior year. No NLI and nothing is promised.

If you don't know what you are talking about please stop. NLI cannot be signed before senior year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid should have signed his NLI Junior year. No NLI and nothing is promised.

As already pointed out, NLI's cannot happen before Sr Year. Verbal commitments can be made prior (and they are!), but they are non-binding on both ends. Lastly, for lacrosse, there is no such thing as a free education via athletic scholarship, which is tied to an NLI - the maximum number of scholarships per the NCAA for lacrosse per year make this so - no team is giving one lax player a 4-year full ride in athletic scholarship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is on the College coach, sign your NLI and the deal is done. Athlete is protected by the NCAA. So is the school. If the kid backs out he loses eligibility, the school can't back out of NLI. And yes it is a business, the school provides an education for free, the athlete is thus an employee of the school. "Work" is practice, workouts and games.

Again, no one gets a full ride in lacrosse . . .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is on the College coach, sign your NLI and the deal is done. Athlete is protected by the NCAA. So is the school. If the kid backs out he loses eligibility, the school can't back out of NLI. And yes it is a business, the school provides an education for free, the athlete is thus an employee of the school. "Work" is practice, workouts and games.

Yup, I everyone knows that. 12.6 scholarships in D1 and 10.8 in D2 that the coaches have to spread across the roster to build the team. But there is still scholarship opportunity. It's just not like football or basketball. However, 25% of tuition, plus anything else academically is pretry good whether is private or public. Get good grades, play hard, be well rounded, join clubs, play other sports, and be your own promoter to the college of your choice is the advice I keep hearing. Most recently at a prospect day of a top 10 school. There are teams with over dozen recruits from the class and teams with little to none. Prently of opportunity for all these kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, I everyone knows that. 12.6 scholarships in D1 and 10.8 in D2 that the coaches have to spread across the roster to build the team. But there is still scholarship opportunity. It's just not like football or basketball. However, 25% of tuition, plus anything else academically is pretry good whether is private or public. Get good grades, play hard, be well rounded, join clubs, play other sports, and be your own promoter to the college of your choice is the advice I keep hearing. Most recently at a prospect day of a top 10 school. There are teams with over dozen recruits from the class and teams with little to none. Prently of opportunity for all these kids.

But any money that is not athletic scholarship is not tied to the NLI, which was what the poster was speaking to. Additionally, academic scholarships and the like can come in many forms and are not guaranteed for four years either - in many cases you need to maintain a minimum GPA etc to continue to receive academic money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But any money that is not athletic scholarship is not tied to the NLI, which was what the poster was speaking to. Additionally, academic scholarships and the like can come in many forms and are not guaranteed for four years either - in many cases you need to maintain a minimum GPA etc to continue to receive academic money.

For the most part we are going to send our kids to college regardless of athletic scholarships - no Athletic money at Ivy's - very little at most Patriot league and no Athletic money at any of the great D3 schools but family's in our communities still send kids to these colleges. Maybe a 25% athletic scholarship is what makes a private school the same price as a state school.

Most important to me was getting him into a school that he might not have gotten into with lacrosse and trying to find a school that he would have liked to go to if he wasn't a lacrosse player. Take the little athletic money that was offered bundle it with academic money and you can get a nice deal at a good private school and you get to play the game you love at the highest level. And most important..... you dad can go on BOTC and say you got a full ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would like to note, keep the grades up (so yes you get to keep the academic $$) but more so, for better opportunities when you graduate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am fully aware that no one gets a free ride in college lacrosse, I was using the scenario to make a point.....but thanks for correcting me.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Channy, I'm about to put the bird in the oven...how bout a schedule for Friday!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Channy, I'm about to put the bird in the oven...how bout a schedule for Friday!!!

Its going to be dry, make sure you baste it every 15 minutes while waiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. This can only be one guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly it's rude at this point Express! Thabksgiving is tomorrow. People have families. If you are having a tournament the day after a family holiday at least have the decency to get families the schedule so they can plan. I'm tempted to not even have my son play but I don't want to hurt the rest of the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly it's rude at this point Express! Thabksgiving is tomorrow. People have families. If you are having a tournament the day after a family holiday at least have the decency to get families the schedule so they can plan. I'm tempted to not even have my son play but I don't want to hurt the rest of the team.

Very Noble of you.
Make sure Your Rabil is rested.
As the team probably cant compete without him
you pompous a$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws sent out the schedule earlier in the week. They are playing Express. Send me your sons age and I'll send you the schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Noble of you.
you pompous a$$

QUACK!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Noble of you.
you pompous a$$

Why is it you read that the team can't compete without my son? I didn't say that. I'm sure I am not the only one with a family and would like to spend Thanksgiving weekend with my family and that I am not the only one that might not be able to bring my son if we can't plan accordingly. So if a bunch of boys do not show up it would hurt the team. That is what I meant, you a$$. My post was a complaint out to Express. I don't normally complain about the organization. I just think this is rude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Noble of you.
you pompous a$$

Why is it you read that the team can't compete without my son? I didn't say that. I'm sure I am not the only one with a family and would like to spend Thanksgiving weekend with my family and that I am not the only one that might not be able to bring my son if we can't plan accordingly. So if a bunch of boys do not show up it would hurt the team. That is what I meant, you a$$. My post was a complaint out to Express. I don't normally complain about the organization. I just think this is rude.

Do us a favor and stay home we will manage without your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'Your Tempted?"
QUACK...

Very Noble of you.
you pompous a$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why be rude? He has a legitimate complaint and if he wants to voice it why not.

You parents that are so quick to attack another must have nothing to do so sure your don't care about schedule cause you apparently need a life.

Happy thanksgiving and try to be nicer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why be rude? He has a legitimate complaint and if he wants to voice it why not.

You parents that are so quick to attack another must have nothing to do so sure your don't care about schedule cause you apparently need a life.

Happy thanksgiving and try to be nicer.
THANK YOU! I don't think my son is the star of the team. I was just disappointed in Express seeing it's Thanksgiving. Maybe I'm not like the rest of these nut jobs and family is more important to me then my grade schooler playing lacrosse. This isn't even HS or college. These people need to get a life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournament is this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a schedule for the Mayflower on Friday? What teams are playing ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're all patiently waiting for the schedule? It's a little last minute and I don't think it's a rude complaint. People do have lives outside of lacrosse. Shocking I know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedule for Mayflower is on Tourney Machine

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Haven't you folks noticed yet that BOTC is not very friendly or supportive of the Express? Play where you want and spend your money where you want, but the Express does not have any friends or support at BOTC. Translated into English there is an Italian saying, "The Fish Stinks From The head".

If you take a moment you can smell the fish every time you access this thread.

I'm LM, and I know what I am talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Noble of you.
you pompous a$$

Plan to be there all day Friday. That's the way it works you dope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't even explain there are a few of us normal people trying to balance family time and still do sports. Happy thanksgiving and I just try to balance the good with the bad at express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No wonder our youth lax players have attitudes
Nice work

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is annoying not to know......just like all other tourneys....

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
It is annoying not to know......just like all other tourneys....

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I have found out after many, many years of doing this that reason the schedules are late like this tournament's schedule is, is because there are not enough teams to complete age groups/brackets, and the tournament is busy giving freebies or combining age groups, or doing other manipulations to have a tournament.

If this event had enough teams in the given age groups the schedule would have been done...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedule is out. What a disaster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At 8 AM it's Express v Express; At 9 AM it's Express v Express; At 10 AM it's Express v Express. At 11 AM it's Express v Another Club for the championship... At noon it's Express v Express repeat.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

At 8 AM it's Express v Express; At 9 AM it's Express v Express; At 10 AM it's Express v Express. At 11 AM it's Express v Another Club for the championship... At noon it's Express v Express repeat.

I told you so...buyer be very aware smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

I told you so...buyer be very aware smile

But this way they can't lose! It's criminal/evil genius!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8 out of the 13 teams in 2024-2025 division are express... lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they pulled 1 Express team. So it would of been 9

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Channy is a disaster...this tourney is such a waste

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

Channy is a disaster...this tourney is such a waste

Couldn't you folks see that before going in? Both Channey and his kids thank you for supporting them and they look forward to sucking you in again next year and also for joing their club.

Like Reply Quote
Page 114 of 144 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard