BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,768
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 86 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are an idiot. You're posting when you don't even know the kids on various teams. VLC and BW definitely above Madlax.

Crabs are not a DMV team.

DC Express well below the rest of these teams.

If I'm an idiot how many times last year did VLC beat Madlax. Or better when was the last time VLC beat Madlax? Waiting.... I only know a couple kids on BW and but am familiar with Madlax as well as Crabs and NL. Crabs kinda are a DMV team as they have 4 of the better players from the DMV region on the team who if they played for any of the teams ranked #2-#6 they be instantly a top team. Don't underestimate DC Express. Yes they're new but for tourny's they'll pull from LIE. Did so for tourny's last year with Performance 2019's. Who's the idiot now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the DMV region there are only 5 legit lax 2020 "travel" teams:
NL
VLC
BW
Madlax
DC Express
Crabs

Madlax isn't the worst and until VLC or BW beats them I'd consider Madlax 2020 better until proven on the field.

I was referring to between NL, VLC, BW and Madlax. NL is the best. Personnel wise, both BW and VLC have better rosters, especially after Madlax lost several kids.

How could you know the roster of BW the kids on the team do not know the roster of any BW team?

Because my son knows who is on the team. Definitely better than Madlax's team.
Does your son know who is on the Madlax team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are an idiot. You're posting when you don't even know the kids on various teams. VLC and BW definitely above Madlax.

You don't know the kids on Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone here played in the Capital Box Lacrosse League or played with the Madlax North Stars team?

Son wants to play box, but plays for another club. I know North Stars is open to all, but I assume 99% of the kids are all Madlax kids? What is the quality of play and coaching?

The price is pretty steep -- wondering if it is worth it or not. He could simply be a free agent in the CBLL, which would be considerably cheaper ($195 vs. $1295). Thanks.

We don't play for Madlax, did the CBLL and didn't think it was worth it in the end. The rosters in the CBLL are huge, so playing time is very stretched for everyone. But yes, they have huge partisanship for the Madlax kids. The problem is the CBLL has a variety spectrum of abilities, so you have a lot of kids who really can't play. So that affects the ability to learn and play the box game when you some guys who can't catch and throw.

The North Stars thing is a huge amount of money. We didn't do it, but have Madlax friends who have. You get some cool swag, but it's basically a lot of money for some gear, practices and a couple tournaments. The Madlax teams haven't done very well because they go to serious box tournaments with teams who have kids who are very experienced in the game. Almost all the kids down here really don't have that much exposure and think it's the same game and it's not. So Madlax gets pounded.

I would have him play with his buddies wherever they are playing. We are going to stop playing indoor and just let him have fun playing basketball. I think it's too much lax to begin with from spring to fall.

THANK YOU for posting this. Absolutely refreshing to get a thoughtful response amid all the noise. From the sound of things, I'll probably hold out my son unless his club/hs fields a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the original poster, but I will say this. My son plays for a DMV club. My son also knows MANY of the Madlax kids. They either 1) played together previously in rec or club 2) attended the same camps (e.g. Top Prospects) 3) attend the same showcases (e.g. Under Armour/Bluechip) or 4) has club team mates who go to school with the Madlax kids.

So yes, the kids know the other kids. I know several of the Madlax 2020 kids personally, as well as their parents. It really isn't a big world in DMV lacrosse. For the most part, all the kids are friends on Snapchat, Instagram, etc.

Honestly, it's the PARENTS that act like children (as evidenced on this forum) and are an embarrassment.

The good news is colleges aren't recruiting CLUBS. They're recruiting individual talent. So whether you play for VLC, NL, BW or Madlax your kid will get their chance to impress. No amount of bickering or ranking on an internet forum is going to change the outcome. Good luck to your kid.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the original poster, but I will say this. My son plays for a DMV club. My son also knows MANY of the Madlax kids. They either 1) played together previously in rec or club 2) attended the same camps (e.g. Top Prospects) 3) attend the same showcases (e.g. Under Armour/Bluechip) or 4) has club team mates who go to school with the Madlax kids.

So yes, the kids know the other kids. I know several of the Madlax 2020 kids personally, as well as their parents. It really isn't a big world in DMV lacrosse. For the most part, all the kids are friends on Snapchat, Instagram, etc.

Honestly, it's the PARENTS that act like children (as evidenced on this forum) and are an embarrassment.

The good news is colleges aren't recruiting CLUBS. They're recruiting individual talent. So whether you play for VLC, NL, BW or Madlax your kid will get their chance to impress. No amount of bickering or ranking on an internet forum is going to change the outcome. Good luck to your kid.

BOOOOM!!!! IN YO FACE!!!! HOW YA LIKE ME NOW!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of new Snapchat accounts. Roster is way different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids leaving BW in droves. No parent can let kid play for Trig knowing that he sent 3 kids to hospital and got fired 3 months into the job at SJC. Best kids have options and wont play for him...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of new Snapchat accounts. Roster is way different.

Trig- Really you need to stop. See a doctor, get some meds. Go on a vacation. Move to Tx. But please stop, because you are not helping your players or yourself with these comments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids leaving BW in droves. No parent can let kid play for Trig knowing that he sent 3 kids to hospital and got fired 3 months into the job at SJC. Best kids have options and wont play for him...

Name one kid who has left BW.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Instead, they would rather play for the Madlax owner who has been fired from every HS job he's ever had? Don't think so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I'm an idiot how many times last year did VLC beat Madlax. Or better when was the last time VLC beat Madlax? Waiting.... I only know a couple kids on BW and but am familiar with Madlax as well as Crabs and NL. Crabs kinda are a DMV team as they have 4 of the better players from the DMV region on the team who if they played for any of the teams ranked #2-#6 they be instantly a top team. Don't underestimate DC Express. Yes they're new but for tourny's they'll pull from LIE. Did so for tourny's last year with Performance 2019's. Who's the idiot now.

DC Express has a good nucleus on their 2021. Rest of the club is garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Name one kid who has left BW.

Since you asked 2019 who just committed to PSU? BW not getting it done, Madlax committed him before he hit the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. That reclassed kid is on his 3rd club. He just joined Madlax this fall. He was seen and got committed based on his work at BW, not Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. That reclassed kid is on his 3rd club. He just joined Madlax this fall. He was seen and got committed based on his work at BW, not Madlax.

It was broadcast on Twitter as a Madlax commit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has been on Madlax for 2 weeks. His dad is also 10x worse than the Hey Ungrateful Quitter dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has been on Madlax for 2 weeks. His dad is also 10x worse than the Hey Ungrateful Quitter dad.

Well if that is the case the whole the scouts are looking at the parents story is false! This kid has a younger brother you has played for Madlax at least 1 or 2 years. I just think this 2019 wanted to play more lacrosse. And Madlax gives that to you. BW schedule is just to light for most kids who love to play and see all their friends playing so many more games. And more practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if that is the case the whole the scouts are looking at the parents story is false! This kid has a younger brother you has played for Madlax at least 1 or 2 years. I just think this 2019 wanted to play more lacrosse. And Madlax gives that to you. BW schedule is just to light for most kids who love to play and see all their friends playing so many more games. And more practices.
Agree with that statement. Probably OK if your HS team plays a lot in the off season and many of the privates do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 team has a couple new kids from virginia beach. 1 is a good FOGO who reclassed at Episcopal and another is a big middie who made UA uncommitted team this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 team has a couple new kids from virginia beach. 1 is a good FOGO who reclassed at Episcopal and another is a big middie who made UA uncommitted team this summer.

This is a smart call for these two young men. Say what you want but no team in Va Beach can give them what Madlax can give them over the next 2 or 3 years. And with this year having weak spots they can step in and roll.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest difference between Madlax and Blackwolf is the quality of tournament. Madlax's best teams (2017-2019) play in the elite top 1% tourneys. BW plays in the next best ones, which are still very good, but not quite as selective. they also don't play as much as they practice. (Ex: Madlax gets into the adrenaline platinum cup) There's 0 shame in playing for VLC because while they're definitely down, if they recognize that you are a elite, top level recruit, they make sure you're seen whether it be through them or their Baltimore based friends, as evidenced by their 2018 team. (id probably say that if they recognized that they had a team that could compete they could use connections to get into an adrenaline level tournament) I'd argue that 3d is a decent route if you can get on their national team. Other than that, really don't see any other clubs pumping out recruits in the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest difference between Madlax and Blackwolf is the quality of tournament. Madlax's best teams (2017-2019) play in the elite top 1% tourneys. BW plays in the next best ones, which are still very good, but not quite as selective. they also don't play as much as they practice. (Ex: Madlax gets into the adrenaline platinum cup) There's 0 shame in playing for VLC because while they're definitely down, if they recognize that you are a elite, top level recruit, they make sure you're seen whether it be through them or their Baltimore based friends, as evidenced by their 2018 team. (id probably say that if they recognized that they had a team that could compete they could use connections to get into an adrenaline level tournament) I'd argue that 3d is a decent route if you can get on their national team. Other than that, really don't see any other clubs pumping out recruits in the area.

VLC is not down. Their 2018 team is as good as the Madlax team. Madlax 2019 is the best in the area, but VLC has the better 2020 team.

VLC doesn't start with 7 year olds, so they have to assemble a 7th grade team from scratch. But as they have shown, their HS program is outstanding. BW and VLC have a better recruiting hit rate than Madlax by a wide margin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey VLC dada, you are nuts--Madlax 2018 won 2 large summer tournaments, beating Crabs, LI Express, Laxachuesettes and other top programs. Madlax 2018 has what Xanders considers the best player in the country and several others in the top group. Just stop it with the VLC comparisons

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC is not down. Their 2018 team is as good as the Madlax team. Madlax 2019 is the best in the area, but VLC has the better 2020 team.

VLC doesn't start with 7 year olds, so they have to assemble a 7th grade team from scratch. But as they have shown, their HS program is outstanding. BW and VLC have a better recruiting hit rate than Madlax by a wide margin.
When was the last time VLC 2020 beat Madlax 2020? Mhm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey VLC dada, you are nuts--Madlax 2018 won 2 large summer tournaments, beating Crabs, LI Express, Laxachuesettes and other top programs. Madlax 2018 has what Xanders considers the best player in the country and several others in the top group. Just stop it with the VLC comparisons

My son plays for BW 2018 and we lose by 2-3 to VLC last year. They have an excellent team, as does BW as does Madlax. All 3 teams are excellent.

BW has more college commits and Madlax has more "star names". All three are excellent and it's sad that some dads here want to diss others. Let's support all of our kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son plays for BW 2018 and we lose by 2-3 to VLC last year. They have an excellent team, as does BW as does Madlax. All 3 teams are excellent.

BW has more college commits and Madlax has more "star names". All three are excellent and it's sad that some dads here want to diss others. Let's support all of our kids.

So can you tell us how many practices and tournaments you BW have in a 12 month window?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The horse id dead, people. Stop beating it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if this question is so old why can you not answer it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not only are you a stalker, but a weirdo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not only are you a stalker, but a weirdo.

You know the funny part is I am sure I have talked to you before. And I am sure we got along. What team does your son play on again and what age? My goal is to get the people on here to put out useful information. If I look bad doing it oh well. There is a reason this site is read by so many. Most just read and use the info. But someone has to ask the questions and move the talk along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So can you tell us how many practices and tournaments you BW have in a 12 month window?

The BW 2018 team generally has around 10 practices and 4 or 5 tournaments in a calendar year. 5 practices and 2 fall tournaments; 5 practices and 2 or 3 summer tournaments. They rarely get a full lineup for anything, though, because so many of the WCAC & IAC schools are doing tournaments these days. It is definitely not full time compared to most clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get why someone would want MORE lax for their HS kid....it's already year round. Is there nothing else to do? No church? No friends? No hobbies?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax offers and charges for a lot of tournaments, which is really fun when your kid is young. It's fun to see them playing all summer long, hanging out with other parents.

But when you get to HS, you realize that it's not necessary to play in 4-6 events every season. 2 or 3 is plenty, especially when you factor in the individual recruiting events your son wants to/has to attend (plus potentially playing with his own HS team in the offseason). That's why so many people ditch Madlax in the HS years. Diminishing returns and increasing prices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax offers and charges for a lot of tournaments, which is really fun when your kid is young. It's fun to see them playing all summer long, hanging out with other parents.

But when you get to HS, you realize that it's not necessary to play in 4-6 events every season. 2 or 3 is plenty, especially when you factor in the individual recruiting events your son wants to/has to attend (plus potentially playing with his own HS team in the offseason). That's why so many people ditch Madlax in the HS years. Diminishing returns and increasing prices.

This all makes sense for the top 30% of a recruiting class. But if your son is the other 70% he needs as many chances to be seen. Labron James could pick and choice how much and when he played as a kid. But the white point guard needs to prove his worth many times to get his college spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These days, kids have a better chance being seen at a recruiting event or prospect day (or with this HS team at a recruiting event).

Nobody needs to play in 5 club team events. That is just a scam for the for-profit clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These days, kids have a better chance being seen at a recruiting event or prospect day (or with this HS team at a recruiting event).

Nobody needs to play in 5 club team events. That is just a scam for the for-profit clubs.

99% of public schools do not play in offseason events. If you are a team player type you will never shine at me first showcases. If you have a school you target the prospect day is a great thing. But these are during the week most times or during none tournament times. I can not get how a coach seeing you play more is a bad thing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is mostly untrue!! If you play for an Elite HS team, maybe that is as good as a club event. Everything else, just not true. Prospect days are mainly money makers for the coaches.

If you play for an elite club, who plays in premier events, you will have best chance of being seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is mostly untrue!! If you play for an Elite HS team, maybe that is as good as a club event. Everything else, just not true. Prospect days are mainly money makers for the coaches.

If you play for an elite club, who plays in premier events, you will have best chance of being seen.

And when people try to say 5 events they are going off a Madlax player playing on the National team. So its not every player its the top players. So Madlax players play 3 tournaments in the fall and 4 in the summer. This gives them the flexibility to miss a Madlax tournament for a high school tournament and still play in 3 with the Madlax team. If you are a BW player and your high school schedules something for one of the two weekends that BW is doing, you only play in one BW tournament. How would that help you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You Madlax dads are crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A