BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 86 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cabell is just sitting back and waiting and laughing. A revamped NL, or repackaged Express, might have hurt him even a year ago. But now he has NL in a death match with Express. He literally need not raise a finger, or send any nasty grams. Neither NL nor Express will be able to take it to the...next level. They'll both die of or be relegated to glorified rec teams.

Hey, that's great. In the mean time, the kids who are in the Madlax program should just sit back and laugh as well?

Ding Ding - they don't have that luxury.

It is amusing you think he can just sit back and rest on his "laurels". Good luck with that business strategy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabell is just sitting back and waiting and laughing. A revamped NL, or repackaged Express, might have hurt him even a year ago. But now he has NL in a death match with Express. He literally need not raise a finger, or send any nasty grams. Neither NL nor Express will be able to take it to the...next level. They'll both die of or be relegated to glorified rec teams.

That might happen. But NL 2020 and Bethesda/Express 2021 are the best in the area for their age groups and many of those kids would have played for Madlax in years past.

Madlax is getting squeeze by those clubs and VLC and BW. He is still getting plenty of kids, but the quality of teams has gone down for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did all of the 2024 capital players return?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL is not in a death match with Express. Its Madlax who's starting to circle the drain at the high school level starting with 2020 and following with 2021. Express has at best B level players for their 2020/2019/2018 programs unless they get support from LIE. This is expected but should change with the incoming 2021 class who are great and should propel the program. BLC youth players will now have a viable option to stay with BLC/Express and not leave for Madlax. Think how many Madlax high school players started out in BLC, but moved to Madlax for highschool play.
Madlax 2020 has lost players to other high school coached programs. Yeah, you'll hear Cabell laughing, but it will be that crazy madman laugh of a guy who can't believe his 2020 program can't compete at the elite level he so often markets on the website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL is not in a death match with Express. Its Madlax who's starting to circle the drain at the high school level starting with 2020 and following with 2021. Express has at best B level players for their 2020/2019/2018 programs unless they get support from LIE. This is expected but should change with the incoming 2021 class who are great and should propel the program. BLC youth players will now have a viable option to stay with BLC/Express and not leave for Madlax. Think how many Madlax high school players started out in BLC, but moved to Madlax for highschool play.
Madlax 2020 has lost players to other high school coached programs. Yeah, you'll hear Cabell laughing, but it will be that crazy madman laugh of a guy who can't believe his 2020 program can't compete at the elite level he so often markets on the website.

This could be correct, we will see. I love how everyone loves to take jabs at Cabell but at the end of the day he has help and got tons of kids on to college rosters and got them in front of 1000s of college coaches over his 20 years. Madlax will never fall completely off the table the lowest I see them every going is to a 1 team per grade system. They still have tons of contacts and they will always be there. People always love the grass on the other side. But most find out pretty quick that the grass over there is not as green as they hoped.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, and picked up some new talent. The 2024 team is like the 2018 and 2019 teams. They keep getting better. The top kids want to play on the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maddux is doing very well....to even be able to have B teams in the weak nova market is a feat by itself. To be able to do it while charging what he does is pretty amazing really....especially after the email. He owns club lax in nova at 6th grade and under and probably will for some time. There just isn't another club to go to. He needs to find a way to keep these kids when they get to the HS level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maddux is doing very well....to even be able to have B teams in the weak nova market is a feat by itself. To be able to do it while charging what he does is pretty amazing really....especially after the email. He owns club lax in nova at 6th grade and under and probably will for some time. There just isn't another club to go to. He needs to find a way to keep these kids when they get to the HS level.

Well let's do the math the email came out what 4 years ago. So the 2020 and 2021 kids where in what grade 5th and 4th. Right about the time you start travel or at least looking into it. The email is going away sorry people like to forgive and forget.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cavalier has just as many B teams. B teams usually are terrible experiences for kids, so I wouldn't really boast about that.

The trend for Madlax is actually not good. They were the only game in town for years. Then VLC and BW became viable threats and all three are fighting for HS kids, but Madlax owned the youth market. Now they no longer have a lock on the MS market. Given the rise of NL and Express, they will lose more kids from suburban MD. It is nowhere near as rosy as you think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, and picked up some new talent. The 2024 team is like the 2018 and 2019 teams. They keep getting better. The top kids want to play on the top teams.

The 2024 has 4-5 very good players, which is key. It is also one of two Madlax teams who have dads coaching their own sons. Daddy Ball is alive and well at Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2024 has 4-5 very good players, which is key. It is also one of two Madlax teams who have dads coaching their own sons. Daddy Ball is alive and well at Madlax.

Ok when you say Daddy ball you do realize the dad you are talking about is the Madlax owner Cabell and his twin sons. So first have you seen his sons play. (they are really good) Second after reading the evil email and all the other bad things you guys type about him on here, Do you really think he is going to not put the best players on the field and play other kids because they are friends with his sons? So in this case I would say his crazy over the top behavior is going to keep him from being a Daddy Ball coach. Even if he made two of the kids on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you think labelling the email "evil" somehow makes light of the situation. If it had been a 1 time thing, you might have a point. But he has done the same thing to dozens of people.

I think you said the dad coaching the the 2022 team was just doing it temporarily. But there he is again, listed as the head coach. We all know why he is the head coach of that team.

And you also said the owner is not the real coach of the 2024 team. Instead you said with a straight face that the college kid was the head coach. I guess that's why the owner stands in every team photo of the 2024 team that he "doesn't coach".

You used to laugh at clubs who had dads coaching their sons. Why the silence about Madlax, which has TWO Daddy Ball teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you think labelling the email "evil" somehow makes light of the situation. If it had been a 1 time thing, you might have a point. But he has done the same thing to dozens of people.

I think you said the dad coaching the the 2022 team was just doing it temporarily. But there he is again, listed as the head coach. We all know why he is the head coach of that team.

And you also said the owner is not the real coach of the 2024 team. Instead you said with a straight face that the college kid was the head coach. I guess that's why the owner stands in every team photo of the 2024 team that he "doesn't coach".

You used to laugh at clubs who had dads coaching their sons. Why the silence about Madlax, which has TWO Daddy Ball teams.

I agree Daddy ball is not good. The 2022 coach was going to be temporary but the parents must of liked the job he did. And for the owner standing in the picture he stands in all the teams pictures when he is there and they are taking a picture scroll through the website if you would like. And please let me know how much it kills you that the email is fading away and people are not talking about it anymore. And heck what do you want Madlax to do with a new club starting every week and they all need coaches the pickings for paid no dad coaches is getting very slim.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son doesn't play for Madlax anymore, but I'm confused here.

If Cabbell coaches any team other that the 2024 team it is OK, but if he coaches his sons it is Daddy ball?

Most parents and kids in the program want him to coach their team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. When he steps in at tournaments at important games, he kicks the real head coach to the curb. It affects the team's chemistry while he tries to game the refs.

But it's fine if he wants to cosch. But coaching your own sons is different.

Yes, coaching your own son is daddy ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was going to make this point also but I forgot. The parents of Madlax players at a high ratio see a clear improvement in play when Cabell guest coaches the team their son plays on. And if you ever meet Cabell you would know he does not give his sons any brakes or give any kid a free pass. Go back to the email and it all started when he gave the Baby star a hard time and the kid/dad could not take it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was going to make this point also but I forgot. The parents of Madlax players at a high ratio see a clear improvement in play when Cabell guest coaches the team their son plays on. And if you ever meet Cabell you would know he does not give his sons any brakes or give any kid a free pass. Go back to the email and it all started when he gave the Baby star a hard time and the kid/dad could not take it.

Oh, we're back to "the kid and family deserved it" defense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The parents of Madlax players at a high ratio see a clear improvement in play when Cabell guest coaches the team their son plays on./quote]

Good to know you speak for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one deserves to be treated badly but to imply that the Dad/Kid have clean hands from this very old story is also crazy. And for me to talk to you about it just keeps this old story in the (News) and helps yours goal of hurting the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one deserves to be treated badly but to imply that the Dad/Kid have clean hands from this very old story is also crazy. And for me to talk to you about it just keeps this old story in the (News) and helps yours goal of hurting the club.

No matter what the family may or may not have done, nobody deserves to have their kid threatened for deciding to go to another club.

Think about it. He alluded to physical injury when the kid played Madlax next. He talked about speaking ill of the kid to the HS coach. He threatened to sabotage him by calling his future college coach.

Are you for real? Can anything at all justify that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree Daddy ball is not good. The 2022 coach was going to be temporary but the parents must of liked the job he did. And for the owner standing in the picture he stands in all the teams pictures when he is there and they are taking a picture scroll through the website if you would like. And please let me know how much it kills you that the email is fading away and people are not talking about it anymore. And heck what do you want Madlax to do with a new club starting every week and they all need coaches the pickings for paid no dad coaches is getting very slim.

The daddy ball thing is overblown. Look at 2022.

Hawks - daddy coach
API - daddy coach
89+2 - daddy coach
FCA - daddy coach
Rough Riders - daddy coach
Bethesday - daddy coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No real club employs dads as coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The daddy ball thing is overblown. Look at 2022.

Hawks - daddy coach
API - daddy coach
89+2 - daddy coach
FCA - daddy coach
Rough Riders - daddy coach
Bethesday - daddy coach

API demoted their daddy coach. He may now be the puppet master for the new guy though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell me one that doesnt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are good coaches and bad coaches. Sometimes good coaches start a family. Sometimes bad coaches start a family. No real lacrosse person would correlate familial status with coaching ability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Madlax holding supplemental tryouts for all of the BW refugees?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. At the youth level, most coaches are dads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear Madlax Dad,

You are 100% crazy. We get that you want to deflect attention away from the owner. But get a grip.

Have you ever thought why no HS kids are leaving Crabs, BW, VLC for Madlax? But instead, a ton of Madlax kids leave in HS for those clubs?

Think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are good coaches and bad coaches. Sometimes good coaches start a family. Sometimes bad coaches start a family. No real lacrosse person would correlate familial status with coaching ability.

Madlax has two dads who coach their owns sons on a Madlax team.

Madlax = daddy ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear Madlax Dad,

You are 100% crazy. We get that you want to deflect attention away from the owner. But get a grip.

Have you ever thought why no HS kids are leaving Crabs, BW, VLC for Madlax? But instead, a ton of Madlax kids leave in HS for those clubs?

Think about it.
Not sure if recent incident will make families reconsider staying with BW. Also, players aren't going to Madlax '18 or '19 because it's too hard to crack the lineup. The kids who do leave must not be starters. Think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm, 2 kids in Madlax over 6 years, and I dont recall 1 coach trying to kill my kid.

What say you Trig?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trig is trying to kill kids? Ok. Whatever.

Can someone answer why Madlax has two dads coaching their own sons? Not somehting I would expect for 1.5x the cost of the other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax has two dads who coach their owns sons on a Madlax team.

Madlax = daddy ball.

Please follow up with the resume of the two dads that are coaching Madlax teams at this time. Also please state that one is the owner of the club. Also please find one parent of a child on the other Dad coached team that is upset he is the coach. If my sources are correct the parents of the other Dad coached team asked for him to coach this team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone answer why Madlax has two dads coaching their own sons? Not somehting I would expect for 1.5x the cost of the other clubs.
Should probably pay 2x as this coach has youth, high school, and college coaching experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. He is coaching the team because he and hisbuddies didn't like the playing time distribution and got the coach fired.

Before u said daddy ball was terrible. And Madlax wouldn't never doit. Then u said this guy was just a temporary fix.

What us your excuse now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. He is coaching the team because he and hisbuddies didn't like the playing time distribution and got the coach fired.

Before u said daddy ball was terrible. And Madlax wouldn't never doit. Then u said this guy was just a temporary fix.

What us your excuse now?

I guess my answer would be are the parents of this team happy? What age group is this again? When this group is in the summer after 8th grade is he still the coach? What else can they do there have been 5 clubs started on top of the others this year alone in the DMV? Should he just hire a coach off the street who is less of a coach then this guy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, make light of the 3 kids, yes 3, at one off season practice needing 3 different ambulances to get to the hospital. Nice try Trig. Play this song in Texas.

As for the Dads, maybe because Madlax coaches are old enough to have kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2 Madlax dads who keep talking about Trig going to Texas really need to get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trig was a wee bit irresponsible at a practice and 3 or 4 kids had to be taken to hospital for heat stroke. Trip was too busy making men out of the boys to bother given them water breaks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Trig is the one who's gonna need a life after getting canned by SJCHS before he even really started. Would be surprised if any HS program would touch him after this debacle. I feel sorry for the players who moved to BW because of Trig's position at SJCHS.

Like Reply Quote
Page 57 of 86 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard