BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls Tryout Discussion
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Need honest assessment of YJ 22s. Three teams listed. How big is drop from A to B to C? Is there an honest shot of making A or B at tryouts at this stage?

Can I ask? What team are you thinking of moving from, can you hint? Is it another higher end team (Top Guns, Elevate, Liberty) or a lower tiered team (Leg A C, Beach Bums, 90+1, etc.)??? I think this would make a difference in your decision. If she's already on the A of one of the other "big" teams, why move? If she's on a lower team's A, then a move to YJ C would make sense if she has the talent to be noticed.
for a Lower tier team Legacy beat teams that beat TG and Liberty this year. Doubt Any of them will beat Leg next season after upgrades.

What upgrades?

A few YJ girls are going to Leg for 2023, for the coaching. Should be a very good team next year.

I'm no YJ parent but jeez-- every year now with the 'Leg is going to kill it now with the YJ players they are snatching'. Look at the same time last year on these forums and you'll see it all over the place. It's hooey.

Boy are you right! it's actually quite annoying as no one actually believes it other than the delusional parents that are there. Wanna be YJ so bad bunch of looney parents.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM
[quote=Anonymous]Need honest assessment of YJ 22s. Three teams listed. How big is drop from A to B to C? Is there an honest shot of making A or B at tryouts at this stage?

Can I ask? What team are you thinking of moving from, can you hint? Is it another higher end team (Top Guns, Elevate, Liberty) or a lower tiered team (Leg A C, Beach Bums, 90+1, etc.)??? I think this would make a difference in your decision. If she's already on the A of one of the other "big" teams, why move? If she's on a lower team's A, then a move to YJ C would make sense if she has the talent to be noticed.
for a Lower tier team Legacy beat teams that beat TG and Liberty this year. Doubt Any of them will beat Leg next season after upgrades.

What upgrades?

A few YJ girls are going to Leg for 2023, for the coaching. Should be a very good team next year.

I'm no YJ parent but jeez-- every year now with the 'Leg is going to kill it now with the YJ players they are snatching'. Look at the same time last year on these forums and you'll see it all over the place. It's hooey.

Boy are you right! it's actually quite annoying as no one actually believes it other than the delusional parents that are there. Wanna be YJ so bad bunch of looney parents.

They should take all the BBP and Sayville kids they can get there hands on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Igloo turnout? Did most existing return?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the cost for TG,Elevate,Liberty and YJ?
Are they about the same?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Express 'tryouts' consisted of barely enough girls to fill a team for the '18 and '19's and certainly not enough for the '20's. They are shot. Was a waste of money/time.

Incidentally, one of the 4 people running the tryouts LOUDLY announced in front of the grandstands that she didn't have her contacts on and couldn't see what was what. If she's nearsighted she cannot see the field of players, if she's farsighted she cannot see names/numbers on a player sheet. Might want to keep that down in front of the parents.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Express 'tryouts' consisted of barely enough girls to fill a team for the '18 and '19's and certainly not enough for the '20's. They are shot. Was a waste of money/time.

Incidentally, one of the 4 people running the tryouts LOUDLY announced in front of the grandstands that she didn't have her contacts on and couldn't see what was what. If she's nearsighted she cannot see the field of players, if she's farsighted she cannot see names/numbers on a player sheet. Might want to keep that down in front of the parents.

Played the 2021 team at Hofstra and they were surprisingly pretty good. They spanked Wave and lost to TE by 1 goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Played the 2021 team at Hofstra and they were surprisingly pretty good. They spanked Wave and lost to TE by 1 goal.

Actually the 18s and 19s where mostly very good during the tryouts. S

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are people going to realize wave teams are not good. A win over them means nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are people going to realize wave teams are not good. A win over them means nothing.

September 13th. I think that's when Wave Realization Day is, if I remember correctly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've never even heard of Wave

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

September 13th. I think that's when Wave Realization Day is, if I remember correctly.

Lol, very funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've never even heard of Wave

Wave is a program that has been around for quite some time. It is a much more intimate club, they only take 1 team per age group and work with every girl to develop into the best player she can be. We switched over a few years ago after being on a Top team and never looked back. Although my daughter has a few years left of high school ball, the direction and guidance has been valuable, my niece on the other hand stayed with the Top team and will graduate this year and could not get "the directors" to return phone calls. This was the case with many girls, which is a shame but lesson learned. Check out every option and then make a decision, you never want to say "I should have" 👍🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody was thumping about Wave. Some grades are better than others and yes the 2021 team in particular is not very good and even lost to most LI B teams. The people that are there seem to be happy and it works for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great reply..if folks are happy where they are and Wave fits the bill, who is anyone else to throw stones?...but will agree, spanking Wave is no real "feather in a cap" for another travel program...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What two teams did they develop? and I'm sorry, I would not be leaving my program to go to a start up branch off of a boys team just because they have one good team. What top teams did they play this summer to even come close to being called a good team? and I mean a top team, please do not give me a rundown of all the low level teams and tournaments they played. Seems you Leg folks, like to toot your own horns. The one "good team" as you call it is very mediocre. let's have this conversation again next year when you are still looking for your kids commit/offer. Truth is they're not having issues with some teams, they're having issues with almost all except the mighty self proclaimed "Pretty Good" Blue Team. Program is for kids that have no other options so they settle. Most of the TG/YJ kids that left to go to Leg were demoted and saw Leg as a way to save face. Mediocre low level program/kids.

So angry. Why are you so angry about a program that you want no part of? My kid is not from this program, so I don't know much, but I do know some of the kids well. They have some talent, I guess they just don't have enough depth. As a consumer, I was actually hoping that this program would be more successful. I truly believe that LI is missing out on a lot of what MD does with their programs. They have a number of programs that compete at a high level in each age group. LI has a couple of age groups like that (I firmly believe that 2020 is one of those groups despite all the negativity). But it seems that too many directors and parents cannot get along due to egos and $. Just my honest opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What two teams did they develop? and I'm sorry, I would not be leaving my program to go to a start up branch off of a boys team just because they have one good team. What top teams did they play this summer to even come close to being called a good team? and I mean a top team, please do not give me a rundown of all the low level teams and tournaments they played. Seems you Leg folks, like to toot your own horns. The one "good team" as you call it is very mediocre. let's have this conversation again next year when you are still looking for your kids commit/offer. Truth is they're not having issues with some teams, they're having issues with almost all except the mighty self proclaimed "Pretty Good" Blue Team. Program is for kids that have no other options so they settle. Most of the TG/YJ kids that left to go to Leg were demoted and saw Leg as a way to save face. Mediocre low level program/kids.

So angry. Why are you so angry about a program that you want no part of? My kid is not from this program, so I don't know much, but I do know some of the kids well. They have some talent, I guess they just don't have enough depth. As a consumer, I was actually hoping that this program would be more successful. I truly believe that LI is missing out on a lot of what MD does with their programs. They have a number of programs that compete at a high level in each age group. LI has a couple of age groups like that (I firmly believe that 2020 is one of those groups despite all the negativity). But it seems that too many directors and parents cannot get along due to egos and $. Just my honest opinion.

I agree with your post. Keeps putting down anyone who's not a YJ A. I think this is the same poster who keeps making negative comments on the TG thread. Even though some YJ A teams have been beaten by other LI teams, this poster just won't stop, makes you wonder who is behind this? I think it's great that LI has some good options and young clubs looking to make a mark!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with your post. Keeps putting down anyone who's not a YJ A. I think this is the same poster who keeps making negative comments on the TG thread. Even though some YJ A teams have been beaten by other LI teams, this poster just won't stop, makes you wonder who is behind this? I think it's great that LI has some good options and young clubs looking to make a mark!

May be hard to believe, but there are actually quite a few people (actually more like a lot of people)that are not drinking the Legacy kool aid. If you are happy there that's all that should matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my world an anonymous post means nothing !
Start putting your name to what you say if you want to put down other programs, teams or dare I say 12 year old girls!!!
Assholes!!

quote=Anonymous]

I agree with your post. Keeps putting down anyone who's not a YJ A. I think this is the same poster who keeps making negative comments on the TG thread. Even though some YJ A teams have been beaten by other LI teams, this poster just won't stop, makes you wonder who is behind this? I think it's great that LI has some good options and young clubs looking to make a mark! [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the cost for TG,Elevate,Liberty and YJ?
Are they about the same?

All of the costs are posted on the clubs website with the exception of Elevate as they seem to be the least transparent on this topic. I have had kids on 3 different clubs. YJ charges a member fee that doesn't include tourneys or anything else. We also played on Elevate 2 years ago and Liberty last year. Liberty includes things like winter indoor practices, scrimmages with other clubs, etc all included in their fee. We spent a lot less on Liberty than we did on Elevate as Elevate charged for EVERYTHING. Bus tour, cash only at the door practices, recruiting, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 is a cesspool on LI. Parents are the worst. The girls can play but they follow their parents lead so its bad but where do you go? Most have been talking about how great their kid is and how everybody else can't keep up since 3rd grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Bengals Girls Teams have tryouts next week. Great coaches. Very good team last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of curiosity, why do the YJs require girls to bring a ball with their name on it to tryouts?

I haven't seen this at any other tryout.

Not looking for CR $ jokes please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Bengals Girls Teams have tryouts next week. Great coaches. Very good team last year.

Is this a paid advertisement? I am the owner of the Bengals and I approve this message!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of curiosity, why do the YJs require girls to bring a ball with their name on it to tryouts?

I haven't seen this at any other tryout.

Not looking for CR $ jokes please.

Yellow Jackets keeps all balls at the end of tryouts and considers them a charitable contribution for future use in team practices.

The player is asked to place their name on the ball so that CR knows who to send the documentation to so that individual may deduct the value of the ball from their income as a noncash charitable contribution.

CR never misses a trick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bengals Really.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She's the best! She makes tens of thousands of dollars on tryouts and you need to bring your own ball. And parents have zero issue with her or her money making schemes. Double dipping by running 8 tournaments a year, no problem. Send your kids to privates, camp, clinics, winter, the BBQ, the new bus trip on and on and on. She has everyone scared Shatliss.

Not for me, but she is brilliant. And her defenders wash her car and cut her grass for good measure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She's the best! She makes tens of thousands of dollars on tryouts and you need to bring your own ball. And parents have zero issue with her or her money making schemes. Double dipping by running 8 tournaments a year, no problem. Send your kids to privates, camp, clinics, winter, the BBQ, the new bus trip on and on and on. She has everyone scared Shatliss.

Not for me, but she is brilliant. And her defenders wash her car and cut her grass for good measure

Great now tell us which of the non money grab clubs your daughter plays for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits

Bandits don't they end in 8th grade? Whats this required parent assisted fundraising all about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits

Bandits don't they end in 8th grade? Whats this required parent assisted fundraising all about?

Did you REALLY just compare the Bandits to YJ? Really? That's like comparing the LI Ducks to the Yankees

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits

Did you REALLY just compare the Bandits to YJ? Really? That's like comparing the LI Ducks to the Yankees

The Bandits did thump on the YJ B teams this summer. 2021 had a better showing vs YJ A than most LI clubs. And parents kept $2k in their pocket. That being said, come recruiting age, probably better off onYJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits

Try reading it again - nice and slowly. Nobody was comparing the teams, somebody answered the question about a non money grab club - the opposite of YJ. And why are the Dux getting the [***] treatment - is that even a lax club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Title 9 is a non for profit lacrosse organization. It's on their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey ,
Can I get some input on the YJ 2020 a and b teams? I'd like to know how they are. Thank u in advance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So is the Clinton Foundation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So that means absolutely nothing other than they can't show a profit and all the money needs to stay within the organization. I do business with a lot of non profits and many spend money like there's no tomorrow. I would not base my decision solely on how they structured the club but for the record I know nothing about them, how much they pay themselves and how they spend the money they take in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did the four new Liberty blk girls come from? Someone said TE but heard that's not the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did the four new Liberty blk girls come from? Someone said TE but heard that's not the case.

The same place all of the other girls on the team come from G.C., Manhasett, RVC, Syosset lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same place all of the other girls on the team come from G.C., Manhasett, RVC, Syosset lol

2021 picked up some new players and dont think they are from any of the above towns. Liberty seems to be expanding beyond and attracting quality players to the program.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard