BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,781
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 94 of 128 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because its not a 15 year old kid playing a 14 1/2 year old kid. Its a kid who has been held back one or two years with the purpose of making that kid appear to be superior to his much younger opponents. 16 year old Crab/FCA "8th graders" should not be on the same field with true on age kids.

In regards to what RM created - he was first to the party with selling parents on getting their kids committed to play college lacrosse. Then he sold them on holding their kid back. I'm sorry - the youth game would be better off without money grubbers like him. Little Ty Xanders is just as guilty. How much do you think RM has paid that clown over the years to attend his events/hype his players?

Its all about the Benjamins....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I have to say is bring on the teams with the biggest and oldest holdbacks! ! The more the merrier. This fall season is prep time for big boy varsity High School Lacrosse in the spring...Let's go!!!! All pumped up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great replay Well thought out and I agree. Bottom line is kids in all sports play against other kids older and younger. Not sure why it is so bothersome to some that a 15 year old summer bday kid would dare step on a field with kids who are 14 1/2. What a Travesty! Lol. I for one welcome the competition for my barely on age player..

Well when those kids take the spots of on age kids is the point. We can live with our son being beaten out by another 14 year old but when a kid is cheating its wrong call me a cry baby all day I am fine with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well let me know what his high school coach has to say about that. The problem is the helicopter parents are always jumping in making excuses for their children...how about you tell your kid to hit the wall, hit the weight room, train to get faster etc...then you wont need to jump to their rescue, they will stand out on their own regardless of the age gap. Its all about getting better and being able to take the next step whether its high school or college....And keep in mind they may wind up working for someone who is older or younger then they are....you going to tell their boss that he was a hold back....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well if someone has 18 months more of wall work or weight room work it could help them a little. I tell my son to suck it up and work harder to get a spot. But if the question is asked I am not a little punk and I will say something is wrong. I agree when a kid hits 8th grade team or higher go ahead and let them play with the correct grad year this is more then fine. Its when you have 7th grade or younger teams with reclass kids on them is the first big issue. I understand the colleges want to know the correct year the kid leaves high school. But at least not yet they are not looking at 7th grade or younger teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would disagree...unfortunately at the present time, coaches are looking at 6, 7, 8 grade teams and tracking the players. Yes it stinks and is very unfortunate but tournaments realize good clubs attract good college coaches and good college coaches attract teams to the tournaments, and the parents all want their kids at those tournament regardless of the cost....imagine how much time & money you could spend on tutors that you know will have a much better reward.....More money is given out for the academics by far then any lacrosse scholarships... I guess we should be saying Jonnie was held back so he had an unfair advantage because he already took that course and new the answers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well it is the same point when dealing with academics if a child is repeating a grade and they where not behind or struggling in this grade this would also be a unfair advantage to the other kids. What would be said about a child repeating a grade to increase there chance at being #1 in there class? We all know that some schools are taken off the table the second your child gets a B in high school. would everyone be fine with a kid reclassing to get that B up to a A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes if that's a decision that the child and his/her family make because its best for the family....Happens all the time in college...Student gets a C in one of their course major classes and the student re-takes the class to get a better grade. Or student decides to take a biology course during the summer at a Community college because its easier, is that unfair??
People need to let this all go and remember when they graduate not one person asks them "were you a hold back"...They look at their transcript and their extra circular activities and maybe just maybe one of their coaches offers up a recommendation for them and they got a decent job. Isn't that what this whole journey is about...people need to forget about all the other nonsense. All the accolades I received when I played and not one person...no one gives a Sh_t....quite living through your kids life and let them define themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches are not looking at 6th or 7th grader. They don't look at anybody until spring/summer 8th grade going into 9th grade. That is a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is this a argument to not hold your kid back or a argument to just let the kids cheat and live your own life?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well it is the same point when dealing with academics if a child is repeating a grade and they where not behind or struggling in this grade this would also be a unfair advantage to the other kids. What would be said about a child repeating a grade to increase there chance at being #1 in there class? We all know that some schools are taken off the table the second your child gets a B in high school. would everyone be fine with a kid reclassing to get that B up to a A.

Sounds the same but it's not.

1. He's not putting other students at risk of physical injury because of his over developed brain.
2. If you retake the class you still need to do the work to get the grade. that grade is based on your performance alone, not your relative performance in relation to the other students. When you reclass on the field the work gets a lot easier because the competition is smaller, slower, weaker.
3. If repeating a grade improves ability to distinguish "there" from "their" and "where" from "were" then you should have done that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches are looking at 8th graders. They are not looking at 6th and 7th graders. So when the kid they are watching play an 8th lacrosse game should actually be in 9th or 10th grade - of course he is going to stand out. He is physically and mentally more mature. The laughable thing about this holdback scheme is that in many cases the on age kids are more that holding their own against these man children. What does little Johnny do when he is a double holdback and getting beaten by a younger kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well let me know what his high school coach has to say about that. The problem is the helicopter parents are always jumping in making excuses for their children...how about you tell your kid to hit the wall, hit the weight room, train to get faster etc...then you wont need to jump to their rescue, they will stand out on their own regardless of the age gap. Its all about getting better and being able to take the next step whether its high school or college....And keep in mind they may wind up working for someone who is older or younger then they are....you going to tell their boss that he was a hold back....

No one is talking about High School coaches and you know it. We are talking about YOUTH lacrosse.
What a bunch of strawmen you got in just one long paragraph..
High School Coach,Helicopter parents, Older Boss, LOL!!.....

All in the name of giving your select heldback children a advantage others do not get at same age. Since it is hit the wall,weight room,etc for these kids that are ON AGE according to you....why doesnt that same advice go to you holdbacks and your children?? Are the holdbacks not tough enough to go on age or heaven forbid..play up!! I guess you go by the motta..Do as I say..Not as I DO!! Hilarious what you holdback apologists come up with as excuses and advice to parents who actually go by the proper age in YOUTH Lacrosse..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuses, no regrets and no shame. . And we couldn't' possibly be happier with our decision to holdback our 2019 Johny who is committed to top ivy after waiting it out for a year and ulimately turning down offers from almost all the top ten teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuses, no regrets and no shame. . And we couldn't' possibly be happier with our decision to holdback our 2019 Johny who is committed to top ivy after waiting it out for a year and ulimately turning down offers from almost all the top ten teams.

We know that, as we've said often here, many people are unencumbered by concerns about how their actions may impact others. Nice example to set for little Johnny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is talking about High School coaches and you know it. We are talking about YOUTH lacrosse.
What a bunch of strawmen you got in just one long paragraph..
High School Coach,Helicopter parents, Older Boss, LOL!!.....

All in the name of giving your select heldback children a advantage others do not get at same age. Since it is hit the wall,weight room,etc for these kids that are ON AGE according to you....why doesnt that same advice go to you holdbacks and your children?? Are the holdbacks not tough enough to go on age or heaven forbid..play up!! I guess you go by the motta..Do as I say..Not as I DO!! Hilarious what you holdback apologists come up with as excuses and advice to parents who actually go by the proper age in YOUTH Lacrosse..

Funny how their answer to everyone else is always "work harder", they of course have chosen a different path...

#lifelessons

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yet you don't think he could have done the same thing without being left back? Why? A smart, talented kid can get recruited by Ivies up to senior year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Committed to a top Ivy? What club did he play for and what Ivy school is playing for? (Crickets)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Committed to a top Ivy? What club did he play for and what Ivy school is playing for? (Crickets)

OP had to point out that it was a top Ivy as opposed to one of the bad ones...SMH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just more of the holdback defenders trying to make them think their actions were noble. Sad...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2022 Crabs players are repeating in order to move down to 2023?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2022 Crabs players are repeating in order to move down to 2023?

1 moving down.

Also a former Bethesda 2021 now on Crabs 2022

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that a couple of the top Crabs 2020 are now playing for FCA to align with their high school coach (Calvert Hall). Could be a tough year for them. I see all the 2020 teams are now getting varsity HS coaches to help recruit, DC Express has the GP coach, FCA Calvert Hall, BW has St. Johns, NL has Heights. Looks like Madlax and Crabs may need to make some coaching changes to help recruit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that a couple of the top Crabs 2020 are now playing for FCA to align with their high school coach (Calvert Hall). Could be a tough year for them. I see all the 2020 teams are now getting varsity HS coaches to help recruit, DC Express has the GP coach, FCA Calvert Hall, BW has St. Johns, NL has Heights. Looks like Madlax and Crabs may need to make some coaching changes to help recruit.

Flint Hill coaches some with Madlax but not 2020 yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, kids all over the DMV are dying to be coached by the guy from Flint Hill. What a draw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs doesn't have coaches like that. They have RM to coach their 8th graders to get them ready for HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you're right, Crabs have RM, a total gas bag of a coach who is the perfect example of what not to be as a high school coach. I feel sorry for anyone that has to play for a coach like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs doesn't have coaches like that. They have RM to coach their 8th graders to get them ready for HS.

Is this some kind of joke? Who do you think has a better track record and reputation with college recruits: the Crabs guy or the guy who coaches at a school called The Heights?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this some kind of joke? Who do you think has a better track record and reputation with college recruits: the Crabs guy or the guy who coaches at a school called The Heights?
Look at how many Crabs 2016's went to big great D1 schools you donkey...You have no freakin idea what you are talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In all fairness, The Heights guy is attracting a lot of Landon boys which traditionally do well in getting recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Donkey. Love that. You guys are really smart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at how many Crabs 2016's went to big great D1 schools you donkey...You have no freakin idea what you are talking about

Don't for one minute think RM is a good or great coach. He isn't, never has been and never will be. He is the polar opposite of a good lax coach. As for his players getting recruited, that is slowly dwindling down each year. And when it was happening, it is not him, it is the players who are getting recruited, on their own merits.
He has nothing to do with it. Don't kid yourself. But, we need to wait for all the Crab faithful to come on here and protect the crab daddy. Holy sh*t, how pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Next Level squad with the Heights coach is attracting many kids from several very good DC teams, like Gonzaga, GPrep, and Landon.

Looks like they will help level the playing field. Should be interesting to see them play Crabs now. Not saying that they are going to win it all, just make it more interesting.

FCA and Looneys will more than likely claim the top spots behind T91-NY, since Crabs have lost several key players this year. New roster posted and much different than last year.

Any way you look at it, it appears the Crab name is not as strong as it was. That could be good for the sport by helping more teams get and keep good players.

Even more so, the coaching on the other teams is better than Ryan M can ever hope to be. Hopefully he learns that yelling is not a replacement for teaching. Yes, coaches are supposed to provide instruction as well. Everyone has a style, but not everyone can truly teach. Maybe he should just run the Crabs organization and let others coach the teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In all fairness, The Heights guy is attracting a lot of Landon boys which traditionally do well in getting recruited.

He is getting the guys who are stuck on the Landon bench. The top players play for BW, Madlax and VLC. He has some good ones on that 2020 team, but they will be bolting soon if they haven't already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is getting the guys who are stuck on the Landon bench. The top players play for BW, Madlax and VLC. He has some good ones on that 2020 team, but they will be bolting soon if they haven't already.

The 2020 players didn't go anywhere - they were at tryouts last night
And there were kids there with VLC and Crabs helmets so the team is only getting better.

The 2021 team had over a dozen Landon helmets at tryout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, kids all over the DMV are dying to be coached by the guy from Flint Hill. What a draw.

Well it sounds like the kids all over DMV are very mis informed. The Flint Hill coach is the best mentor for any kid to follow. He coaches the team, teaches history and cares about every kid on his team as a person and student. Please try to find anyone who has ever played for or knew him that has one bad word about him. I could care less about what his record as a coach is. We all know its the club team that gets kids on to college teams. So you 2021 parents should all meet and talk to the Flint Hill coach you will not be mad you did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Next Level squad with the Heights coach is attracting many kids from several very good DC teams, like Gonzaga, GPrep, and Landon.

Looks like they will help level the playing field. Should be interesting to see them play Crabs now. Not saying that they are going to win it all, just make it more interesting.

FCA and Looneys will more than likely claim the top spots behind T91-NY, since Crabs have lost several key players this year. New roster posted and much different than last year.

Any way you look at it, it appears the Crab name is not as strong as it was. That could be good for the sport by helping more teams get and keep good players.

Even more so, the coaching on the other teams is better than Ryan M can ever hope to be. Hopefully he learns that yelling is not a replacement for teaching. Yes, coaches are supposed to provide instruction as well. Everyone has a style, but not everyone can truly teach. Maybe he should just run the Crabs organization and let others coach the teams.

That crabs roster is strong but nowhere near the past. Attackman from RR is okay but not crabs strong, kid from Koopers not near what they lost to FCA and the middie from 91 was not one of their best. Still have plenty of 2019 age kids so that will help. Only 22 on roster bodes well for play time. FCA and Looneys will be one and two without a doubt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't for one minute think RM is a good or great coach. He isn't, never has been and never will be. He is the polar opposite of a good lax coach. As for his players getting recruited, that is slowly dwindling down each year. And when it was happening, it is not him, it is the players who are getting recruited, on their own merits.
He has nothing to do with it. Don't kid yourself. But, we need to wait for all the Crab faithful to come on here and protect the crab daddy. Holy sh*t, how pathetic.

No idea if he's a good coach, but your statement is ridiculous.

Crabs 2016 - 19 commits
Crabs 2017 - 18 commits
Crabs 2018 - 15 commits
Crabs 2019 - 6 commits
Crabs 2020 - 3 commits

What other club can rival that? Maybe Sweetlax (but that includes guys who fly in to play in one tournament).

Sorry that FCA and Looney's doesn't compare, Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's "I couldn't care less"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2020 players didn't go anywhere - they were at tryouts last night
And there were kids there with VLC and Crabs helmets so the team is only getting better.

The 2021 team had over a dozen Landon helmets at tryout

You'll see. Nobody from the Crabs is going to NL.

Like Reply Quote
Page 94 of 128 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard