BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,792
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 256 of 327 1 2 254 255 256 257 258 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats so bad about being a good team!
ok so you are not number 1 every week. If the team is competitive whats so bad about that! There are a lot of bad teams RELAX

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
ok so you are not number 1 every week. If the team is competitive whats so bad about that! There are a lot of bad teams RELAX

So Skak is now just a good team? Wow it's worse than I thought! So let me see if I'm following this; best in the universe to best in the country to best on LI to just a good team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Skak is now just a good team? Wow it's worse than I thought! So let me see if I'm following this; best in the universe to best in the country to best on LI to just a good team?

At least they are blessed to have a new head coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least they are blessed to have a new head coach.

Did Bertalone take over the A team for next season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who picks the girls at tryouts for each team? Is it that teams coach or is CR the one who decides who makes the team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who picks the girls at tryouts for each team? Is it that teams coach or is CR the one who decides who makes the team?

Coaches pick the teams then CR takes friends and families into account

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very happy this season is over. Do to the petty BS between clubs we have never had a more non competitive summer season. Since this isn't my first daughter I can benchmark against many other seasons. Its a shame everyone cant get along. In the end its all about the clubs and their directors and not the kids add that to the rampant playing time politics its getting worse and not better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches pick the teams then CR takes friends and families into account

Is it as political as these posts lead us to believe?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She Must Do Something Right!!!!
They seem to be the BEST on LI every year......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GAP IS CLOSING:)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definetly the best "collection" of girls as the teams get older. She does attract talent, some actively recruited, some migrate there to be with other good players. Not a lot of player development in the younger ages recently, so they will have to rely heavily on poaching to bring up their talent level. The frustration for players and parents comes in the form of playing time as all the girls pretty good, and the freak athletes with of course get a ton of time, but the next level of very good players, playing time depends solely on political connections.

Same for making the teams; freak athletes that have been recruited, then very good players with political connections. In the cases
Where two girls are close if you don't have the connects, you won't play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

About 4 to 6 years ago when TG stormed into the game, the gap appeared to be closing. While TopGuns is still easily the 2nd best club on the island, the gap is definitely growing wider every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many years has everyone been saying that? From an outsiders point of view, the other LI clubs are falling farther behind YJ as opposed to getting closer. At least we get a decent game from YJ. Can't say that about any other club on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK
Coaches on any team, from any program can make or break your daughter.
If the coach does not like your daughter she is not going to play. That happens in high school and in college not just at the club level.
Please stop with the who you know stuff.
My daughter it worked the other way. Not a lot of playing time on the top team until she tried out for a tournament and the club director played her and she got her chance !
Keep on working hard and PARENTS STOP MAKING excuses for your angel , if she wants it bad enough she will work for it! If you want to be the best you have to compete with them!!
THANK YOU COACH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK
Coaches on any team, from any program can make or break your daughter.
If the coach does not like your daughter she is not going to play. That happens in high school and in college not just at the club level.
Please stop with the who you know stuff.
My daughter it worked the other way. Not a lot of playing time on the top team until she tried out for a tournament and the club director played her and she got her chance !
Keep on working hard and PARENTS STOP MAKING excuses for your angel , if she wants it bad enough she will work for it! If you want to be the best you have to compete with them!!
THANK YOU COACH

Pass the kool aid and CR said to tell you that you missed a spot when you were washing her car

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many years has everyone been saying that? From an outsiders point of view, the other LI clubs are falling farther behind YJ as opposed to getting closer. At least we get a decent game from YJ. Can't say that about any other club on LI.
top guns beat yj first tournament of the season. Yj in turn beat Tg at nationals. I think cr has way more connections as far as recruiting goes, but the gap is not that big

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

top guns beat yj first tournament of the season. Yj in turn beat Tg at nationals. I think cr has way more connections as far as recruiting goes, but the gap is not that big

What age? Are you talking about one team with clubs that have 8 grades worth of girls? Name me one grade where any team on LI is as good as YJ. There isn't one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age? Are you talking about one team with clubs that have 8 grades worth of girls? Name me one grade where any team on LI is as good as YJ. There isn't one.

2023 & 2021

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 & 2021

TG 2021 has never beating YJ or any top team from MD. What are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

About 4 to 6 years ago when TG stormed into the game, the gap appeared to be closing. While TopGuns is still easily the 2nd best club on the island, the gap is definitely growing wider every year.

Let me preface this by saying that my girls never played for YJ.
TG had their chance to close the gap but SS taking the Hofstra job and not concentrating on advancing the TG brand set them back.
My thought is that you are either a YJ person or you aren't. YJ teams run two deep in almost all divisions and the coaching for the top teams is top notch. My daughters HS coach is a YJ coach and he is great. If you have a girl that is relatively skilled at an early age, I would have them play YG; but the secret is to get on one of the top 2 teams early on and to hold off if you make the 3rd 4th or 5th team in an age group. You would be better off then if you can get on one of the good smaller clubs (Wave, Icon, Title 9) depending upon where you live. I don't know much about Liberty (Suffolk County guy) and TE seems like a crapshoot but that my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 & 2021

Is there proof, or are you just making stuff up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me preface this by saying that my girls never played for YJ.
TG had their chance to close the gap but SS taking the Hofstra job and not concentrating on advancing the TG brand set them back.
My thought is that you are either a YJ person or you aren't. YJ teams run two deep in almost all divisions and the coaching for the top teams is top notch. My daughters HS coach is a YJ coach and he is great. If you have a girl that is relatively skilled at an early age, I would have them play YG; but the secret is to get on one of the top 2 teams early on and to hold off if you make the 3rd 4th or 5th team in an age group. You would be better off then if you can get on one of the good smaller clubs (Wave, Icon, Title 9) depending upon where you live. I don't know much about Liberty (Suffolk County guy) and TE seems like a crapshoot but that my opinion.

Good post and pretty spot on advice. My daughter played for another program then moved over to YJ. She played on the 3rd team for one year before moving up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ fear model is brilliant and can't be disputed. If you get in early at a very young age and start feeding the beast you have the best chance of holding your spot. The people that know to get in 1st grade are the ones who have had older kids go through the program. Then sign up for everything clinics, camps, optional tournaments, winter, privates, BBQ etc.

Moving up the traditional way is a tougher road. When you get to 7th , 8th, 9th grade poached players from other clubs have a better chance of leap frogging a 2nd or 3rd team player to make it onto blue.

So unless you are an absolute stud, get in early, pay for everything and most will be rewarded by staying on Blue. Playing time is another story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ fear model is brilliant and can't be disputed. If you get in early at a very young age and start feeding the beast you have the best chance of holding your spot. The people that know to get in 1st grade are the ones who have had older kids go through the program. Then sign up for everything clinics, camps, optional tournaments, winter, privates, BBQ etc.

Moving up the traditional way is a tougher road. When you get to 7th , 8th, 9th grade poached players from other clubs have a better chance of leap frogging a 2nd or 3rd team player to make it onto blue.
My daughter was a yj from a very early age. We did all that cr asked. Camps. Clinics. Privates. Bbqs. All btw at a cost. She wasn't giving anything away. It was in 10th grade that we had enough. "You're crazy "people told us. " It's a crucial
Age." "Cr knows everyone." "How will she get into college". We ent with our gut. Played school ball. Did showcases. Involved her hs coach. Well we just dropped her off. Got a great scholarship. How??? Because she is a talented lacrosse player and showcased herself. We did our own research. Made our own contacts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ fear model is brilliant and can't be disputed. If you get in early at a very young age and start feeding the beast you have the best chance of holding your spot. The people that know to get in 1st grade are the ones who have had older kids go through the program. Then sign up for everything clinics, camps, optional tournaments, winter, privates, BBQ etc.

My daughter was a yj from a very early age. We did all that cr asked. Camps. Clinics. Privates. Bbqs. All btw at a cost. She wasn't giving anything away. It was in 10th grade that we had enough. "You're crazy "people told us. " It's a crucial
Age." "Cr knows everyone." "How will she get into college". We ent with our gut. Played school ball. Did showcases. Involved her hs coach. Well we just dropped her off. Got a great scholarship. How??? Because she is a talented lacrosse player and showcased herself. We did our own research. Made our own contacts.

NICE story!!! Glad to hear at least someone was smart enough to buck the 'system'/racket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So people are on this forum saying there is very little money to kids that play travel and play all year long, and you are saying your daughter quit travel in 10th grade and just played hs ball, and she got a great scholarship? No way your quitting if your daughter was on the top team, you got to give us a little more, big time hs? big time college? If this is true, you hit lotto

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moral of story, good players will play at the next level whether you are on YJ's or the much less intense and talented team like the WAVE.

Top kids from all teams play at the next level. The amount of money being spent is insane and the ROI is terrible but I know we all love family time on the NJ Tpk every weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So people are on this forum saying there is very little money to kids that play travel and play all year long, and you are saying your daughter quit travel in 10th grade and just played hs ball, and she got a great scholarship? No way your quitting if your daughter was on the top team, you got to give us a little more, big time hs? big time college? If this is true, you hit lotto

There are only 5 big time college lacrosse schools everyone else is in the middle or the bottom which makes up about 99% of the kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes very good hs lacrosse program and more than that....wait for it.... Good grades!! D1 school. Top 20. Who cares. She's not playing pro lax. There is life beyond yj. I'm not saying they didn't develop her as a kid. I'm saying she could take it from there on her own. It's okay to take the leap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the path my daughter and our family has chosen to take as well. Would you care to share which individual showcases you found most beneficial? Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are only 5 big time college lacrosse schools everyone else is in the middle or the bottom which makes up about 99% of the kids

Out of curiosity, which 5 programs do u consider "big time"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of curiosity, which 5 programs do u consider "big time"?[/quote]

I think there are more than 5 ... Off the top of my head:

UNC
Maryland
Syracuse
Florida
Duke
Northwestern
Notre Dame
USC
Penn State
Virginia

I'm sure others can add more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since 2009 only 4 schools have played in the championship game. Only 3 schools have won a championship in the last 11 years. Those same 3 teams have won 16 of the last 19 championships.

There are 3 "Big Time" programs

Doesn't mean there aren't other good programs and great schools. But MD, NW and UNC stand above everyone else without question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't put NW in that group...when was the last time they won it all? i would put syracuse ahead of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No respect
STONY BROOK

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since 2009 only 4 schools have played in the championship game. Only 3 schools have won a championship in the last 11 years. Those same 3 teams have won 16 of the last 19 championships.

There are 3 "Big Time" programs

Doesn't mean there aren't other good programs and great schools. But MD, NW and UNC stand above everyone else without question.

I think there is a difference between being a "bigtime program" and national champion. There are tons of bigtime football and basketball programs for instance that have not won the national championship. I think it diminishes what these players are accomplishing in going to a Duke or ND etc when u say those aren't bigtime programs. They r IMHO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only 5 teams have won the National Championship over the last 25 years. Lets start there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No respect
STONY BROOK

Nope! A couple talented girls, but will always fall short. Not a contender, but a good choice for a girl who wants competitive lax without the big price tag. Would definitely be a bottom choice for my daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only 5 teams have won the National Championship over the last 25 years. Lets start there

By that standard, Virginia, Oregon, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Xavier, Miami, Purdue, Utah, Indiana, Texas A&M, Seton Hall, Baylor, Iowa St., Cal, SMU, Iowa, Texas, ND and Wisconsin are not "bigtime" basketball programs since none of them have won a national championship in the last 25 years. And yet, they were all ranked in the top 25 last year. I would say they r bigtime, and if you play a game of one-on-one against players from those schools, ny bet is you would figure that out pretty quickly. I won't run through the same thing for football, but it's probably even more true. I guess Notre Dame isn't bigtime football, right???

Like Reply Quote
Page 256 of 327 1 2 254 255 256 257 258 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard