Originally Posted by Anonymous
She Must Do Something Right!!!!
They seem to be the BEST on LI every year......

GAP IS CLOSING:)

About 4 to 6 years ago when TG stormed into the game, the gap appeared to be closing. While TopGuns is still easily the 2nd best club on the island, the gap is definitely growing wider every year.

Let me preface this by saying that my girls never played for YJ.
TG had their chance to close the gap but SS taking the Hofstra job and not concentrating on advancing the TG brand set them back.
My thought is that you are either a YJ person or you aren't. YJ teams run two deep in almost all divisions and the coaching for the top teams is top notch. My daughters HS coach is a YJ coach and he is great. If you have a girl that is relatively skilled at an early age, I would have them play YG; but the secret is to get on one of the top 2 teams early on and to hold off if you make the 3rd 4th or 5th team in an age group. You would be better off then if you can get on one of the good smaller clubs (Wave, Icon, Title 9) depending upon where you live. I don't know much about Liberty (Suffolk County guy) and TE seems like a crapshoot but that my opinion.

Good post and pretty spot on advice. My daughter played for another program then moved over to YJ. She played on the 3rd team for one year before moving up.