BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 131 of 325 1 2 129 130 131 132 133 324 325
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Instead he bails at first opportunity to leave. Not much of a coach.

Not much of a coach?!

lolz

https://[ChillLaxin]/2021/05/24/john-nostrant-gets-500-jim-davidson-earns-400-bo-lockwood-eyes-200/

Yep, not much of a coach. Whats this, his third gig in three years. I bet the hammerhead jumps again after the school finds out about him. or he finds new pastures to graze in.

I'm sure lots of ADs wish they could find a lousy coach that could fake their way to 500 wins...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If there are more than 3 from Spalding someone got more money on their porch.

Sorry, your son didnt get mentioned. Spalding did lose in the Final. Talent usually does rise to the top.

Why is this always the response from Spalding parents?

Every school in the league buys championships.
It is literally McDonogh's MO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If there are more than 3 from Spalding someone got more money on their porch.

Sorry, your son didnt get mentioned. Spalding did lose in the Final. Talent usually does rise to the top.

don't kid yourself, it the same thing with most other MIAA"A" programs.my nephew was going to a MIAA"B" school since that is where his father and I went. An "A" school offered him ridiculous sports scholarship as well as free transportation and meals for the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The quarter zips are dismayed that the secret is out. This has been happening since MSA days. Moreso in the MIAA days since the mid 90s.
MCD has been buying athletes for years. Gilman was doing it to ridiculkous lengths in football under the former coach that is doing it at St Francis.
On the lax sde, performance wise, Spalding was really the most consistent team, all season. They just didn't get it done in the playoffs. But hats off to them on a fine year. Will be interesting to see if they sustain their commitment to lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

don't kid yourself, it the same thing with most other MIAA"A" programs.my nephew was going to a MIAA"B" school since that is where his father and I went. An "A" school offered him ridiculous sports scholarship as well as free transportation and meals for the year.

Not true......Most of the Catholic schools in the MIAA give based on needs and not on merit or athleticism.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Precisely why the MIAA will dissolve eventually similar to the decoupling of the old MSA. The schools that are building dorms, actively recruiting out of state athletes and offering athletic scholarships will be forced to form their own athletics league and to each their own but be aware of the law of diminishing returns .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahaha. Ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for Gilman next year

Are they dropping to the B Conference? Because that's the only place, they'll make noise.

Maybe Gilman will do another nationwide head coach search and get luckier than the last bozo they hired.

The last coach was going to be the cure-all for everything. Anyone could tell he was only there for short time. Still has his defenders, which is amazing after his bailing out when something better came along.

You can't consistently compete in the A Conference with a couple of athletes and one or two skilled lacrosse players. Have you watched the game film? The cupboard was virtually empty. Blaming the 2021 Gilman lacrosse season on the last coach illustrates you don't know lacrosse.

Mighty Mouse doing a good job carrying Spalding. Without him, there are no other threats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bootleg Ty Xander’s put out his MIAA all conference list. I try to give this guy the benefit of the doubt but he is a sheep. He literally has a player on “his” second team that missed 4 games. The majority of the teams are BL and Spaulding. He is trying so hard to gain credibility in the lax world but lists like this destroy any chance of that. Just because you put ESPN by your name doesn’t make you an authority. Watch some film will ya.....Tom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t kid yourself! $$$ is given out to athletes in nearly all high achieving private schools in the country. The better the athlete, the more scholarships/grants are given, the greater the financial need becomes. My son is a recipient of one of these financial packages, attending a school we couldn’t ever afford. It’s given him the ability to play with the best and get the best coaching possible. He is receiving an education far better than his former public school could ever offer. Is it so wrong that non-wealthy kids get the same opportunities that wealthy kids get because they are excellent athletes? It literally doesn’t matter who is paying what, or who is receiving what when the ball hits the back of the net, does it? If parents are willing to support their schools by donating to FA awards, let them, most are doing it for tax write offs anyways.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead he bails at first opportunity to leave. Not much of a coach.

Not much of a coach?!

lolz

https://[ChillLaxin]/2021/05/24/john-nostrant-gets-500-jim-davidson-earns-400-bo-lockwood-eyes-200/

Yep, not much of a coach. Whats this, his third gig in three years. I bet the hammerhead jumps again after the school finds out about him. or he finds new pastures to graze in.

I'm sure lots of ADs wish they could find a lousy coach that could fake their way to 500 wins...

Nope, Most will pass on this jumper. The hammerhead is a bygone era coach like many of these dinosaurs,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there are more than 3 from Spalding someone got more money on their porch.

Not true......Most of the Catholic schools in the MIAA give based on needs and not on merit or athleticism.

One thing to remember, most think of CH as a public school with a religion department. Their education is not at the level of other Catholic high schools and nether is their religious teachings. Plus, don't let Kelly's FCA rhetoric fool you or try to convince you otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The quarter zips are dismayed that the secret is out. This has been happening since MSA days. Moreso in the MIAA days since the mid 90s.
MCD has been buying athletes for years. Gilman was doing it to ridiculkous lengths in football under the former coach that is doing it at St Francis.
On the lax sde, performance wise, Spalding was really the most consistent team, all season. They just didn't get it done in the playoffs. But hats off to them on a fine year. Will be interesting to see if they sustain their commitment to lax.

They will not sustain it. What we just witnessed was a couple of Type A rich guys occupying a weak A conference program in a campaign to set up their own boys and a few of their friends. It was a takeover of the sort that could never happen at any other A conference school and we just saw its peak.

The place gives off public school vibes. There is no tradition. There is no community. There is no continuity. Entire seasons passed and the current coach won zero games in the A conference. This past season he was a puppet brought to life by the whims of Lids... and it almost worked.

Once these guys move on to their next campaigns the program they borrowed and then left behind will return to its familiar position in the standings alongside MSJ and JC. Yes, the offense was fun to watch and they put a scare into some of the bluebloods but #OccupyNewCut is over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing to remember, most think of CH as a public school with a religion department. Their education is not at the level of other Catholic high schools and nether is their religious teachings. Plus, don't let Kelly's FCA rhetoric fool you or try to convince you otherwise.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bootleg Ty Xander’s put out his MIAA all conference list. I try to give this guy the benefit of the doubt but he is a sheep. He literally has a player on “his” second team that missed 4 games. The majority of the teams are BL and Spaulding. He is trying so hard to gain credibility in the lax world but lists like this destroy any chance of that. Just because you put ESPN by your name doesn’t make you an authority. Watch some film will ya.....Tom

Where is the list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
☝🏻
Most MIAA schools scale is 100-94 = A CHC is 100-90 = A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there are more than 3 from Spalding someone got more money on their porch.

The Hall has been recruiting like all the rest. The two big boys from GA didn't need the money or scholarship $. They didn't get any. They came to the Hall to get better coaching. They were also recruited by a few other MIAA "A" programs. Choosing the Hall worked out for both I think

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What player/team had the best Faceoff win %/ faceoff guy in the MIAA - A?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MSJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone told me about this site. I had to check out and man this is wild. A lot of comments from anonymous folks. Could be kids but most sound like parents IMO or the token groupie who never got past junior b in rec with lacrosse but consider themselves experts. Remember lacrosse is a team sport. Everyone has a role, starter or on the bench. Everyone has a role. A team sport is what we are talking about and all you read is about this kid that kid or this coach and that coach. This is a game that unfortunately like other sports, (more than others) is political. That is a fact and not new.
With that said, show yourself, if you are going to lob insults back and forth. Get out in front of your keyboard as you pontificate In the end it does not help the kids. Maybe makes you feel better but at what cost. BTW Spaulding spelled Spalding, is a hard working group of young men who are led by coaches who have put in a lot of time and effort to help develop the kids into a successful TEAM. These lessons will be used on and off the field. I know because I coach at Spalding as an assistant. Also grew up, played against and coached with Bryan Kelly. Great person, father friend, teammate and coach. Don't get me wrong there is a lot that needs to be changed in lacrosse. Nothing new for example, is the recruiting and it should be more transparent. Access to the game is being hampered ,IMO by the clubs. Clubs are fine but IMO have gone out of control with little to no instruction and a lot of $$$. Equipment is way too expensive again hampering the growth and access to others who love the game. Let's talk issues not who is buying who off. That really sells short the amount of countless hours these young men like Ripley and others spend when no one is watching. when it is raining and they are on the wall. Think of that before you comment/pontificate on something you all clearly don't no much about.

Thank you
Charlie Speno Coach Parent and lover of the creators game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all know Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
☝🏻

McD is a much easier school to get good grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
☝🏻

Most MIAA schools making the playoffs = good season CHC winning a championship = good season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MSJ won 42% of their Face-offs vs. Severn. 🤷‍♂️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone told me about this site. I had to check out and man this is wild. A lot of comments from anonymous folks. Could be kids but most sound like parents IMO or the token groupie who never got past junior b in rec with lacrosse but consider themselves experts. Remember lacrosse is a team sport. Everyone has a role, starter or on the bench. Everyone has a role. A team sport is what we are talking about and all you read is about this kid that kid or this coach and that coach. This is a game that unfortunately like other sports, (more than others) is political. That is a fact and not new.
With that said, show yourself, if you are going to lob insults back and forth. Get out in front of your keyboard as you pontificate In the end it does not help the kids. Maybe makes you feel better but at what cost. BTW Spaulding spelled Spalding, is a hard working group of young men who are led by coaches who have put in a lot of time and effort to help develop the kids into a successful TEAM. These lessons will be used on and off the field. I know because I coach at Spalding as an assistant. Also grew up, played against and coached with Bryan Kelly. Great person, father friend, teammate and coach. Don't get me wrong there is a lot that needs to be changed in lacrosse. Nothing new for example, is the recruiting and it should be more transparent. Access to the game is being hampered ,IMO by the clubs. Clubs are fine but IMO have gone out of control with little to no instruction and a lot of $$$. Equipment is way too expensive again hampering the growth and access to others who love the game. Let's talk issues not who is buying who off. That really sells short the amount of countless hours these young men like Ripley and others spend when no one is watching. when it is raining and they are on the wall. Think of that before you comment/pontificate on something you all clearly don't no much about.

Thank you
+100

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
☝🏻

Most MIAA schools making the playoffs = good season CHC winning a championship = good season

Calvert Hall has 110+ kids in their lax program. Their rosters are on their website.

Lots of parents don't mind if their kid is riding pine for 4 years if they can say, "Well, we won the championship."

Now they have 110+ kids in the lax program and parents are forced to come to grips that, "We were the #6 seed."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MPSSAA brackets out today:
4A #1 seeds include:
Northwestern
Bowie
Catonsville
Sherwood
Arundel
Severna Park
Churchill
Quince Orhard

Surprisingly Howard and South River are only 4 seeds.

Looks like Severna Park is the heavy favorite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you

Nice rundown of why many here have many negative things to say about MIAA lacrosse and lacrosse in general. While it is a great game and is great to watch, there are many negative aspects in the sport. Holding back is the norm and is done mainly for lacrosse now, MIAA rules are a joke as far as recruiting, WE all know that there is a special place for some players due to political reasons, not only skill. Frankly , I can see why many dont want to sign their name as their son would be relegated to the bench for no other reason than to question the coaching gods of the MIAA. Clubs have their own massive category of issues that are negative . There are lots of different opinions on the Kelly's and FCA than you have.

Saying all that, dont expect the rhetoric to stop, to many aspects of the creators game are done exactly how the creator would not want them to be. So sit back and enjoy the show

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many “Kelly” Families lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you

Spaulding coach? Too funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With that said, show yourself, if you are going to lob insults back and forth. Get out in front of your keyboard as you pontificate In the end it does not help the kids. Maybe makes you feel better but at what cost. BTW Spaulding spelled Spalding, is a hard working group of young men who are led by coaches who have put in a lot of time and effort to help develop the kids into a successful TEAM. These lessons will be used on and off the field. I know because I coach at Spalding as an assistant Also grew up, played against and coached with Bryan Kelly. Great person, father friend, teammate and coach. Don't get me wrong there is a lot that needs to be changed in lacrosse. Nothing new for example, is the recruiting and it should be more transparent. Access to the game is being hampered ,IMO by the clubs. Clubs are fine but IMO have gone out of control with little to no instruction and a lot of $$$. Equipment is way too expensive again hampering the growth and access to others who love the game. Let's talk issues not who is buying who off. That really sells short the amount of countless hours these young men like Ripley and others spend when no one is watching. when it is raining and they are on the wall. Think of that before you comment/pontificate on something you all clearly don't no much about.

Thank you

Is he the one that told your son " he just wasnt good enough for Varsity " .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great games this week in DC. Final will be IAC v WCAC. Can Landon pull off upset? Probably not. SJC v Prep rematch?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With that said, show yourself, if you are going to lob insults back and forth. Get out in front of your keyboard as you pontificate In the end it does not help the kids. Maybe makes you feel better but at what cost. BTW Spaulding spelled Spalding, is a hard working group of young men who are led by coaches who have put in a lot of time and effort to help develop the kids into a successful TEAM. These lessons will be used on and off the field. I know because I coach at Spalding as an assistant Also grew up, played against and coached with Bryan Kelly. Great person, father friend, teammate and coach. Don't get me wrong there is a lot that needs to be changed in lacrosse. Nothing new for example, is the recruiting and it should be more transparent. Access to the game is being hampered ,IMO by the clubs. Clubs are fine but IMO have gone out of control with little to no instruction and a lot of $$$. Equipment is way too expensive again hampering the growth and access to others who love the game. Let's talk issues not who is buying who off. That really sells short the amount of countless hours these young men like Ripley and others spend when no one is watching. when it is raining and they are on the wall. Think of that before you comment/pontificate on something you all clearly don't no much about.

Thank you

Probably the one that was told “no thanks” “we want to win the Championship”. Went to BL instead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4A #1 seeds include:
Northwestern
Bowie
Catonsville
Sherwood
Arundel
Severna Park
Churchill
Quince Orhard

Congrats to Southern AA, Hereford, Forest Park and LaPlata on being named Regional Champions. Without playing any games.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4A #1 seeds include:
Northwestern
Bowie
Catonsville
Sherwood
Arundel
Severna Park
Churchill
Quince Orhard

Congrats to Southern AA, Hereford, Forest Park and LaPlata on being named Regional Champions. Without playing any games.

Have you even looked at the brackets??? Step up they did by doing one simple thing...playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4A #1 seeds include:
Northwestern
Bowie
Catonsville
Sherwood
Arundel
Severna Park
Churchill
Quince Orhard

Have you even looked at the brackets??? Step up they did by doing one simple thing...playing.

You submitted paperwork = Regional champs!

lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you

Probably the one that was told “no thanks” “we want to win the Championship”. Went to BL instead.

👀

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the kids who made this team, but what happened to the days where the 1st team all league consisted of 3 attack, 3 mid, 3 def, goalie, LSM and fogo? Not one faceoff guy on this list? By my count; 8 attack, 7 defense, 5 middies, 1 goalie, 1 LSM, 0 fogos.

A CONFERENCE

Archbishop Spalding
Michael Weisshaar
Alex Ross
Josh Ta

Boys’ Latin School
Dominic Pietramala
Ben Smith
Eddie Loyd

Calvert Hall College
Ethan Long
Mic Kelly

Gilman School
Remi Reynolds
Kyle Morris

Loyola Blakefield
Kevin Tucker
AJ Larkin
Billy Dwan

McDonogh School
Jack Horrigan
McCabe Millon
Dante Trader
Malachi Jones

St. Mary’s
Colin Burlace
Nick Kaufman
Tyler Barnett

St. Paul’s School
Noah Chizmar

Severn School
Jacob Todd

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the kids who made this team, but what happened to the days where the 1st team all league consisted of 3 attack, 3 mid, 3 def, goalie, LSM and fogo? Not one faceoff guy on this list? By my count; 8 attack, 7 defense, 5 middies, 1 goalie, 1 LSM, 0 fogos.

A CONFERENCE

Archbishop Spalding
Michael Weisshaar
Alex Ross
Josh Ta

Boys’ Latin School
Dominic Pietramala
Ben Smith
Eddie Loyd

Calvert Hall College
Ethan Long
Mic Kelly

Gilman School
Remi Reynolds
Kyle Morris

Loyola Blakefield
Kevin Tucker
AJ Larkin
Billy Dwan

McDonogh School
Jack Horrigan
McCabe Millon
Dante Trader
Malachi Jones

St. Mary’s
Colin Burlace
Nick Kaufman
Tyler Barnett

St. Paul’s School
Noah Chizmar

Severn School
Jacob Todd

It’s that everyone gets a trophy mentality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think any fogos really deserved "all conference" this year.
None were dominating. MAYBE the BL kid. But he was spotty this year at times too.
There is also some fluff on the All MIAA team as a whole. A couple kids who got on because of their name, IL recruiting profile, and/or college commitment- not what they did on the field this year.
But it is to be expected.

Like Reply Quote
Page 131 of 325 1 2 129 130 131 132 133 324 325
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard