BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,756
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 86 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree on madlax 2020.....they are a vastly improved team and probably the best among the DMV options from a competitive stand point....for now anyways. I'm not sure they are worth the extra $ but that is another discussion.

Well lets discuss the extra money. These kids getting looks from these lesser DMV clubs are spending $600 extra dollars on showcases and Prospect days. If not more. Madlax is more money but they are playing in top tournaments and 4 or 5 of them. So the clubs that only do 3 or less those players still go out and pay and play in 3 or 4 other things on top of the 3 tournaments. The money adds up fast and close to the same. And I have said this a 100 times the same parents talking about Madlax being 300 or 600 more are the same parents getting $200 dollar sticks 2 or 3 times a year and driving away in a 80k car. I never understand why they do not get the "you get what you pay for" quote.

How is Madlax 2020 the best among the DMV options for 2020's? They have lost to NL2020 at least 4 times this year including the last 3D tournament when Cabell tried to stack the team with Cannon players and others from out of the DMV for a "National" team. Add in the losses to team's like 3D Tri state and Sweetlax FLA and a 1-4 record in TerpsYoungGuns and you've got a 2nd tier team in the DMV. I guess you can have an opinion but the results speak for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree on madlax 2020.....they are a vastly improved team and probably the best among the DMV options from a competitive stand point....for now anyways. I'm not sure they are worth the extra $ but that is another discussion.

Well lets discuss the extra money. These kids getting looks from these lesser DMV clubs are spending $600 extra dollars on showcases and Prospect days. If not more. Madlax is more money but they are playing in top tournaments and 4 or 5 of them. So the clubs that only do 3 or less those players still go out and pay and play in 3 or 4 other things on top of the 3 tournaments. The money adds up fast and close to the same. And I have said this a 100 times the same parents talking about Madlax being 300 or 600 more are the same parents getting $200 dollar sticks 2 or 3 times a year and driving away in a 80k car. I never understand why they do not get the "you get what you pay for" quote.

How is Madlax 2020 the best among the DMV options for 2020's? They have lost to NL2020 at least 4 times this year including the last 3D tournament when Cabell tried to stack the team with Cannon players and others from out of the DMV for a "National" team. Add in the losses to team's like 3D Tri state and Sweetlax FLA and a 1-4 record in TerpsYoungGuns and you've got a 2nd tier team in the DMV. I guess you can have an opinion but the results speak for themselves.

Ok they lost to NL. NL is a Maryland team so you are correct they are a DMV team. But they are a hard option for all the NOVA people to get over the bridge. But I will give you them. So please name a better option for a 2020 kid who lives in the DMV not named NL? I agree they are not top 10 in the USA but what are they ranked in the DMV and please name teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's best madlax 14-4 at Terp stadium. Give us your prediction on Looney's vs Team 88+3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackwolf's 2020 team is better than MadLax's and would put VLC and Next Level on par. Throw in Cavalier and Top Caliber with MadLax as equal ability and potential. Lots of options for 2020s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackwolf's 2020 team is better than MadLax's and would put VLC and Next Level on par. Throw in Cavalier and Top Caliber with MadLax as equal ability and potential. Lots of options for 2020s.
Can you cite or point to any Blackwolf 2020 results? I cannot find anything Blackwolf 2020 on any tournament sites.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you cite or point to any Blackwolf 2020 results? I cannot find anything Blackwolf 2020 on any tournament sites.

I thought BW was out of business?
Weak teams, weak tournaments. Outside of SJ players and wannabe SJ recruits, who would want to play for Trig? Not only a jerk, stealing players, but now in DC? NO thanks. Cavalier is just as good and local too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought BW was out of business?
Weak teams, weak tournaments. Outside of SJ players and wannabe SJ recruits, who would want to play for Trig? Not only a jerk, stealing players, but now in DC? NO thanks. Cavalier is just as good and local too

Really guys Cavs 2020 would get smoked by Madlax. And Blackwolf 2020 is not a real thing yet. Top Cal. Will also get smoked by Madlax. And Cavs and TP play in joke tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next levels b team beat top cal and cavs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am still waiting for a 2020 top 5 list for the DMV/NOVA area. And some tournaments and records should be provided for back up.
We can agree once you take out NL none are elite but Madlax is the closest one to Elite and has a real history of have Elite teams example Madlax 2019 and 2018. So stop trying to out think the process and just pay a little more money and play for the best option Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 scored against Orange Crush? Who cares. Madlax went 1-4 in the Terps young guns tourny and lost to 3D tristate and Sweetlax florida. These are teams that I would expect Madlax to beat. The only team they could beat was Dukes who lost to everyone. You've got to admit it that the Madlax 2020 team is a trainwreck. Gonna be hard to attract top players when you lay a egg like they did this weekend.

I have to point it out again for the 1000 time what VA/DC team is better at the 2020 age? Madlax 2020 has not preformed at a elite level on the USA scale but they are still the best 2020 option for any 2020 in VA hands down.

That's pretty funny. VLC 2020 has a much better team than Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 scored against Orange Crush? Who cares. Madlax went 1-4 in the Terps young guns tourny and lost to 3D tristate and Sweetlax florida. These are teams that I would expect Madlax to beat. The only team they could beat was Dukes who lost to everyone. You've got to admit it that the Madlax 2020 team is a trainwreck. Gonna be hard to attract top players when you lay a egg like they did this weekend.

I have to point it out again for the 1000 time what VA/DC team is better at the 2020 age? Madlax 2020 has not preformed at a elite level on the USA scale but they are still the best 2020 option for any 2020 in VA hands down.

Do we have any stats to back this up I am sure they have played. Who won. And if VLC 2020 is better who else agrees with this guy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And now that we are on the topic of VLC the O'Connell coach has left. So is he no longer part of VLC? And does anyone see this hurting the VLC numbers/ teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow you really enjoy beating the Madlax drum don't you?

Obviously, your definition of "better" is probably very different from mine and other parents whose kids chose to NOT play on Madlax. You can guess the reasons why parents avoid the club, which has been brought up before ad nauseam.

It isn't about the win/loss record, nor should it be. Recruiters don't care. Madlax, VLC, Next Level, Crabs, etc. All play in good tournaments that draw recruiting eyes. They're there to see your child, not the team.

Is your son progressing as a player? Are his skills developing? Is the coach someone that you can point to and honestly say "I wish my son was more like this man." Is he having FUN and enjoying the process? If not, maybe it isn't the right club for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do we have any stats to back this up I am sure they have played. Who won. And if VLC 2020 is better who else agrees with this guy?

This is a moot point. The season is over. Both are AA- and both have improved dramatically since the fall. VLC was doing great until they lost their stud attack and was pretty lackluster on offense after that. Madlax is solid and improving. Both are great options and they are the only 2 shows in town now for nova players now that BW is at St. John's. The BOC coach was head coach for the VLC 2019's who instead got the Oakton HS head coach. VLC 2020 lost their head coach for health reasons over the summer and now have DiCamillo for their permanent coach through HS. He is outstanding and should draw some talent along with the return of the stud attack who will always draw college coaching interest to the team. Both clubs are great options moving forward depending on what you're looking for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow you really enjoy beating the Madlax drum don't you?

Obviously, your definition of "better" is probably very different from mine and other parents whose kids chose to NOT play on Madlax. You can guess the reasons why parents avoid the club, which has been brought up before ad nauseam.

It isn't about the win/loss record, nor should it be. Recruiters don't care. Madlax, VLC, Next Level, Crabs, etc. All play in good tournaments that draw recruiting eyes. They're there to see your child, not the team.

Is your son progressing as a player? Are his skills developing? Is the coach someone that you can point to and honestly say "I wish my son was more like this man." Is he having FUN and enjoying the process? If not, maybe it isn't the right club for you.

I am on board with this post until you put etc. after the team names. I agree this list is a good list. I just have to say the etc. part of this list is the issue. And there is a very clear gap when you get to the etc. part of the list of clubs. I bring this up because tons of parents use this site to pick a club. This is where I came to research clubs when my son was in 5th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a moot point. The season is over. Both are AA- and both have improved dramatically since the fall. VLC was doing great until they lost their stud attack and was pretty lackluster on offense after that. Madlax is solid and improving. Both are great options and they are the only 2 shows in town now for nova players now that BW is at St. John's. The BOC coach was head coach for the VLC 2019's who instead got the Oakton HS head coach. VLC 2020 lost their head coach for health reasons over the summer and now have DiCamillo for their permanent coach through HS. He is outstanding and should draw some talent along with the return of the stud attack who will always draw college coaching interest to the team. Both clubs are great options moving forward depending on what you're looking for.

I also agree with this post the point is moot. These two team are the best option for 2020 in NOVA. Please past this info out to the single moms out here in NOVA so they have a real answer when they ask where should my son play travel lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2019 just got 2 new verbal commits to 2 great schools Duke and ND. Glad to see others from this great team start getting signed up for top D1 schools. Great Great team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2019 just got 2 new verbal commits to 2 great schools Duke and ND. Glad to see others from this great team start getting signed up for top D1 schools. Great Great team.
Agree - both the 2019 and 2018 teams are producing some great D1 commits for Madlax; still a lot of uncommitted talent available for both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree - both the 2019 and 2018 teams are producing some great D1 commits for Madlax; still a lot of uncommitted talent available for both teams.

Lets hope all this great PUB gets the top 2020 and 2021 talent to switch over and come out for Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't expect any of the local top 2020 talent to be switching over to Madlax. For Madlax 2020 to get better they need to get players from Maryland who if they're good are going to stay with the programs they're already with. I see the opposite happening and the better Madlax players looking to make a move for better teams such as Crabs/FCA/NextLevel and all the highschool only programs like Blackwolf and DC Express. Madlax 2020 wasn't able to beat any top level team even with outside talent for a National 2020 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't expect any of the local top 2020 talent to be switching over to Madlax. For Madlax 2020 to get better they need to get players from Maryland who if they're good are going to stay with the programs they're already with. I see the opposite happening and the better Madlax players looking to make a move for better teams such as Crabs/FCA/NextLevel and all the highschool only programs like Blackwolf and DC Express. Madlax 2020 wasn't able to beat any top level team even with outside talent for a National 2020 team.

There is talent on 2020 teams in VA. They just play for lower teams Cavs,Battlelax,and Top Cal. And some other lower level teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, the offers to join other programs are out there and word is that a good number of these Madlax 2020 kids will be gone. Of course this is coming from my 14 year old, but all of these kids know each other pretty well at this point so it's probably accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a reason that these kids play on lower team like Cavs, Battlelax, etc. is because they can't play with AA or elite teams. The top players from these VA teams are already on Madlax 2020 (the better Battlelax 2020 players for example). There's a reason why the other Madlax teams 2018/2019 are good is because they have players from Maryland. I don't think Madlax 2020 have any players from Maryland. All the better Maryland 2020 players are already on other teams that regularly beat Madlax 2020 and play at a much higher level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that the 2020 Next level kids would have been Madlax kids in years past. I guess Madlax has to push to get more kids from the Stafford to Richmond area. I see Richmond high schools are getting better so they should have some talent to grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that the 2020 Next level kids would have been Madlax kids in years past. I guess Madlax has to push to get more kids from the Stafford to Richmond area. I see Richmond high schools are getting better so they should have some talent to grab.

Doubtful kids would drive from Richmond to Northern Va/MD to practice with Madlax. Would be like kids in VA going to play for Baltimore based teams. Lax is great, but it ain't worth that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubtful kids would drive from Richmond to Northern Va/MD to practice with Madlax. Would be like kids in VA going to play for Baltimore based teams. Lax is great, but it ain't worth that.

Do you realize that 2 of the 6 D1 2019 kids go to school at STABB ( its a high school next door to UVA) They drove up to play for Madlax and I am 100% sure they where able to Verbal so soon because they played with the Madlax 2019 group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players from areas with weak lacrosse leagues and week HS leagues it completely makes sense to join a team like Madlax for tournaments. Yes, players won't be traveling for regular practices or normal league play but for the fall and big summer tournaments, definately. Its by far the best way for a top player from Richmond, Charlotte or other areas to instantly be a part of a good team in a premier tournament. Many if not most of all the better 2020 teams this summer season had studs "fly in" for all the big tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you realize that 2 of the 6 D1 2019 kids go to school at STABB ( its a high school next door to UVA) They drove up to play for Madlax and I am 100% sure they where able to Verbal so soon because they played with the Madlax 2019 group.

Do you realize that STAB(only one B, the school is St. Anne's Belfield, not St. Anne's B-B-Belfield)has been producing D-1 lacrosse players for over 30 years, so think it might be a combination of events that produced this phenomenon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets hope all this great PUB gets the top 2020 and 2021 talent to switch over and come out for Madlax.

Early signs are not good for Madlax. Madlax 2020 has already lost some of their best kids to Blackwolf 2020. Some others are looking to go over to VLC.

NL 2020 is the best in this area, followed by VLC and then Blackwolf or Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Early signs are not good for Madlax. Madlax 2020 has already lost some of their best kids to Blackwolf 2020. Some others are looking to go over to VLC.

So that is a update. Blackwolf got a 2020 team put together? Are they all SJ kids? I guess Madlax has to just give up on 2020 and start working on the 2021s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you realize that STAB(only one B, the school is St. Anne's Belfield, not St. Anne's B-B-Belfield)has been producing D-1 lacrosse players for over 30 years, so think it might be a combination of events that produced this phenomenon

Well who is the dumb a** now I put one extra B not 2 extra Bs. But it worked I feel really dumb and I am on the way to kick the cat I feel so low.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So that is a update. Blackwolf got a 2020 team put together? Are they all SJ kids? I guess Madlax has to just give up on 2020 and start working on the 2021s
I'm not sure how many of these boys are SJ kids BW already has several 2020 kids from Virginia privates playing up on 2019. The offers to join the 2020 team were coming from the camp. My guess is Madlax loses 4 starters, including their new lefty attackman. There were a few crabs players, an attackman and goalie. One of VLC''s starting attackman was there too. No telling if they all end up at Blackwolf, but I'd be surprised if there is not a 2020 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is talent on 2020 teams in VA. They just play for lower teams Cavs,Battlelax,and Top Cal. And some other lower level teams.
Someone posted the VLC vs Cavs on youtube. It's actually a very good quality vid. I just scanned through it and watched the highlights, but VLC spanked them. Didn't see anyone playing for Cavs that would improve the talent level at VLC or Madlax. Can't imagine Battlelax or 3d have anyone either. Maybe someone will surprise us. I'd love to see these NOVA teams compete well on the national level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure how many of these boys are SJ kids BW already has several 2020 kids from Virginia privates playing up on 2019. The offers to join the 2020 team were coming from the camp. My guess is Madlax loses 4 starters, including their new lefty attackman. There were a few crabs players, an attackman and goalie. One of VLC''s starting attackman was there too. No telling if they all end up at Blackwolf, but I'd be surprised if there is not a 2020 team.

It was not several. They had only three 2020 kids playing up on their BW 2019 team the past year. Talent at the BW U15 camp overall was not impressive. BW's strength was stealing kids from Madlax and VLC, but that pipeline dried up a couple years ago.

I was not impressed. We are going to look at VLC next week, but might end up staying with Madlax (holding my nose if that happens).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was not several. They had only three 2020 kids playing up on their BW 2019 team the past year. Talent at the BW U15 camp overall was not impressive. BW's strength was stealing kids from Madlax and VLC, but that pipeline dried up a couple years ago.

I was not impressed. We are going to look at VLC next week, but might end up staying with Madlax (holding my nose if that happens).[/quote] That's the spirit, bring the pole from Stafford with you too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 standings, it's an Olympic year:

Gold
Blackwolf

Silver
Next Level

Bronze
VLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gold
Blackwolf

Silver
Next Level

Bronze
VLC
Madlax 2020 beat VLC!!!
And beat most of the common teams played

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gold
Blackwolf

Silver
Next Level

Bronze
VLC

Blackwolf has no team so no ranking for them, plus where are the players going to come from?

Next Level barely squeaked by Madlax this summer, needing OT.

VLC lost to Madlax this past spring so it looks like using head to head it goes Next Level, Madlax, VLC. Sorry for reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax was lucky to get a 5-4 win barely fending off a 2nd half comeback after being up by a couple on VLC. That was 4 months ago. Hopefully they square off this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really gotta say....who cares about one preseason game? They were pretty even then but were both dramatically different teams by the end of the summer. They are comparable programs and really the only 2 choices in Nova anymore. BW will have a 2020 team and will probably be pretty good eventually, but being at St johns now, it's not a very good option for nova kids anymore. I doubt many would leave VLC or madlax for the uncertainty and commute of BW. Why would you leave unless you're just really unhappy with you current situation?

Like Reply Quote
Page 54 of 86 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard