BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 91 of 128 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes but why let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Crabs 2020 team should have been playing in the 2018 or at least the 2019 bracket. Entire program is a bunch of cheats and the fat leader does anything he can to game the system to his advantage. Can't believe all the parents who buy into his BS.

Stop being jealous because all the hold backs are taking your son's spots on the early recruiting process!!! The other plus is he can drive to high school all four years and I don't have to get up any earlier. Now I bet you didn't think of that did you. Every parent is going to raise their kids and do what they feel is in their best interest for them. So until everyone knows everyone's situation and why their kids may have been held back or started school later. Give it a break already and raise your kid how you want to and we will not judge you on how to do so. Can't wait for high school what are you all going to complain about then? I know when your smaller one has to play freshman because my double hold back will be taking his spot on the varsity team.....

your double holdback will be riding the pine senior year, after the age appropriate kids catch up to him physically.

Maybe by his sophomore year. Won't like riding the bench since his father told him he is the greatest. Well, guess what!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody need to do a video of fat daddy crab and his comments.
Set to music...would be a best seller.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or the Madlax guy trying to work the refs in a game (especially when his kids are playing).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or the Madlax guy trying to work the refs in a game (especially when his kids are playing).

Working the ref is a art form. Baseball coaches have been doing it for a 100 years. I love how people in lacrosse act like it should not be done or that it does not work.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Working the ref is a art form. Baseball coaches have been doing it for a 100 years. I love how people in lacrosse act like it should not be done or that it does not work.

It is stupid.. This is youth sports.. No need for working refs. Great idea.. teaching kids to cheat. Sheese

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Win or lose with class. That is something the Madlax guy doesn't know how to do. He does all kinds of cheap things in attempts to win. Stuff like yelling "hes offside" hoping the ref to blow an incorrect premature whistle (or at least killing a break).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

It is stupid.. This is youth sports.. No need for working refs. Great idea.. teaching kids to cheat. Sheese

Well baseball has been teaching kids to cheat for 100 years. And its called gamesmanship. We want to teach kids to win and be winners. They keep score,stats, and give prizes. But then you want the coach to act like it does not matter. Working a ref teaches them to not just except what they are given if it is wrong. So if you use this logic. You better never return your food when its wrong. You better except a crooked deck when you pay for one to be built. A coach is working for his team and his job is not to just sit there and take it. He is the advocate for the team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Well baseball has been teaching kids to cheat for 100 years. And its called gamesmanship. We want to teach kids to win and be winners. They keep score,stats, and give prizes. But then you want the coach to act like it does not matter. Working a ref teaches them to not just except what they are given if it is wrong. So if you use this logic. You better never return your food when its wrong. You better except a crooked deck when you pay for one to be built. A coach is working for his team and his job is not to just sit there and take it. He is the advocate for the team.

This is just crazy.. and very sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen a ref in MD who just penalizes them everytime they yell. Same guy I have also seen turn to parents and tell them to be quiet. Pretty funny when it happens....parent looks like a tool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is just crazy.. and very sad

I am not saying the the Madlax owner handles himself correctly at all times. I was talking about the art of working a Ref. I 100% feel its part of the head coaches job to do this. There are more then one way to get this done. But all great coaches do it. And if the other teams coach is doing it you have to do it also or your team will feel the pain if you do not do your part as a head coach. If done correctly the head coach is the source of all information to the Ref. And if done correctly the kids/players do Zero talking to the refs. And if done correctly the 3 slash to the head of your player is called with 1 min left in the game and you gain the advantage. So please tell me how this process is stupid? Yes I agree you should be calling the ref names or blind in a U11 game. But mistakes need to and should be pointed out at all levels to the refs. Maybe a real Ref can chime in on this topic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen a ref in MD who just penalizes them everytime they yell. Same guy I have also seen turn to parents and tell them to be quiet. Pretty funny when it happens....parent looks like a tool.

That is what he wants to do. I have seen this guy many times. And he might make a statement and make a scene. But I see him change the way he calls things depending on what the coach/parents are talking about. Refs are human. All humans can be worked to get what you want/need. You do not need to do 8 years of college to understand people can be worked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and FCA are the kings of gaming the system. Playing 8th graders who are 16 years old is just ridiculous. Look at all the 2020 verbal commits. How many of them are actually rising freshman? I'd venture to guess not many. Complete sham...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are currently 30+ very happy 2020 families (mix of holdbacks and on age)and a bunch of top college coaches who couldn't possibly care less about that statement as they now sit back and enjoy a lacrosse free Aug. The good news is that there is still time for you to stop making excuses for your little Johnny and get him to pick up the stick more, train harder etc etc. After all, it is you holdback critics who say "good players always play up". If that's so true then your boy should have just completed a great summer and secured himself a roster spot at his dream school as he competed and stood out, (as he always has) against a mix of older talented players..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are currently 30+ very happy 2020 families (mix of holdbacks and on age)and a bunch of top college coaches who couldn't possibly care less about that statement as they now sit back and enjoy a lacrosse free Aug. The good news is that there is still time for you to stop making excuses for your little Johnny and get him to pick up the stick more, train harder etc etc. After all, it is you holdback critics who say "good players always play up". If that's so true then your boy should have just completed a great summer and secured himself a roster spot at his dream school as he competed and stood out, (as he always has) against a mix of older talented players..

Unfortunately holding back your child does work for decent to good players. Holding these decent players back turns the player into a much better player. It gives him an advantage others same age and skill dont get as these non holdbacks will have to play against older players or same age always at youth level. It only makes sense?? playing down gets you an advantage. And if you are already a Very good player, holding you back turns you into a superstar against younger children. Pretty Simple!

Is it Right?? Most dont think so? But it is stupid to think it doesnt work for most kids. Especially against the same talent and younger. The true athletics on age will still be superior as time goes along. But lacrosse doesnt always get tons of superior true athletic as many go to other money sports.

I think the situation of holding your child back will get more and more of these kids as time goes on. Private school parents will be ramping up more holdbacks and once Public Schools catch on to this scheme ???? I dont even think ER getting a later date in HS will stop the flow as it seems the holdback/prefirst/reclass era of lacrosse is here to stay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe it is time for Little Johnny to be held back a grade to take your sons place .If that doesnt work hold him back two grades! Seems fair to you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nah..too late.. you missed out on that opportunity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My little Johnny is on age and plays for an Ivy. My little Jimmy Is on age and is committed to a top 20 D1 program. Neither of them had to cheat their way to the front of the line. All you holdback parents who have a verbal from one of these programs - good for you - you gamed the system and got the ultimate - an imaginary offer from a coach that may or may not be there in 4 years or probably 5 because you will probably PG your kid too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every study shows kids that are held back for sports are less successful as adults even when they attend a better college compared to kids that did not hold back. Holding back a kid may result in short term success at the cost of long term success. Also there is a much higher rate of holdback kids with psychiatric problems as adults. The studies are out there. We have to hope parents are not holding kids back without fist consulting with medical and education professionals.

Unfortunately holding back your child does work for decent to good players. Holding these decent players back turns the player into a much better player. It gives him an advantage others same age and skill dont get as these non holdbacks will have to play against older players or same age always at youth level. It only makes sense?? playing down gets you an advantage. And if you are already a Very good player, holding you back turns you into a superstar against younger children. Pretty Simple!

Is it Right?? Most dont think so? But it is stupid to think it doesnt work for most kids. Especially against the same talent and younger. The true athletics on age will still be superior as time goes along. But lacrosse doesnt always get tons of superior true athletic as many go to other money sports.

I think the situation of holding your child back will get more and more of these kids as time goes on. Private school parents will be ramping up more holdbacks and once Public Schools catch on to this scheme ???? I dont even think ER getting a later date in HS will stop the flow as it seems the holdback/prefirst/reclass era of lacrosse is here to stay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my Johnny did pick up the stick more, trained harder, stood out this summer etc and is going to his dream school and enjoying some down time. You are so right, playing up was the difference maker and the better news is that he is on age. I can't imagine you and all the other holdbacks humiliation you must have felt by having to explain to your son that we have to have you play down now because although we always told you that playing up will make you better we now have to play you down with the younger kids so you will look better. the sad thing also is that all these holdbacks had parents that were clamoring to play up in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades and now clamor to play down. You have my pity and wish you Godspeed .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my Johnny did pick up the stick more, trained harder, stood out this summer etc and is going to his dream school and enjoying some down time. You are so right, playing up was the difference maker and the better news is that he is on age. I can't imagine you and all the other holdbacks humiliation you must have felt by having to explain to your son that we have to have you play down now because although we always told you that playing up will make you better we now have to play you down with the younger kids so you will look better. the sad thing also is that all these holdbacks had parents that were clamoring to play up in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades and now clamor to play down. You have my pity and wish you Godspeed .

BOOM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's going to kill you when that kid's son gets an offer. Coaches don't care about the ages, only the classes. Keep on crying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good one.. It's funny. I thought I had and idea of which dad (with the very average lacrosse player) it was that made that comment and my suspicions were confirmed when his obnoxious sideline hag he calls his wife incriminated herself with her patented "Boom" touché.. Oh and .. Boom!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's going to kill you when that kid's son gets an offer. Coaches don't care about the ages, only the classes. Keep on crying.
Perhaps you were held back yourself as you obviously are having a hard time reading or comprehending - the above post refers to someone who has committed already, no longer waiting for an offer, thus no crying. I do find it interesting though that you bypassed the whole humiliation aspect. That must have been brutal, I feel for ya.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are some serious issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree, holdback parents have huge issues

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can keep crying, but those kids are still going to be recruited and committed. College coaches laugh at parents like you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can keep crying, but those kids are still going to be recruited and committed. College coaches laugh at parents like you.
No crying and plenty of laughter here, he's committed. Never said college coaches wouldn't recruit and commit holdbacks. The question is how humiliating was it to tell your son you have to hold him back because he no longer can compete on age? Sure you may still get recruited and committed but how humiliating was that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of a family who's Aug 2001 bday son has quietly committed to Duke and he is beyond humiliated.. I'm not sure he will ever recover.. You sir.. are a complete moron. You get more stupid with every response..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I know of a family who's Aug 2001 bday son has quietly committed to Duke and he is beyond humiliated.. I'm not sure he will ever recover.. You sir.. are a complete moron. You get more stupid with every response.. [/quoteWas he on Crabs 2020 team this past spring/summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of a family who's Aug 2001 bday son has quietly committed to Duke and he is beyond humiliated.. I'm not sure he will ever recover.. You sir.. are a complete moron. You get more stupid with every response..
Before you go throwing around such big words as moron, want don't you try thinking or reading. The question was asked to all those holdback parents who had to tell their son they had to play down. How humiliating was it that you can no longer compete on age? Your response is you know a family who has a 2001 who quietly committed to Duke? I'm not sure he will ever recover? Really? That is great for the kid but Mr. Moron you never answered the question. Please don't tell me that you are an ends justifies the means kind of person? That would be funny, even for a moron like you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ahhh my court jester. continue to reply as it makes for great comic relief.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ahhh my court jester. continue to reply as it makes for great comic relief.
Anything I can do to lessen the humiliation of having to tell your son he has to play down. I'm here all week....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of children that go to school with these holdback or more likely prefist children I do think it is not the greatest thing for many of these kids. Many seem more aware being out of place when they were younger, As they got older it didnt seem to matter as much. Maybe they held it in better as they got older?? Years ago it wasnt mentioned..but now many of the prefirst kids hear comments on them being held back, For some reason more people seem aware of it now than before, even tho it has been done for many many years? Maybe due to being more now? Just my observations,,not a professional.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of children that go to school with these holdback or more likely prefist children I do think it is not the greatest thing for many of these kids. Many seem more aware being out of place when they were younger, As they got older it didnt seem to matter as much. Maybe they held it in better as they got older?? Years ago it wasnt mentioned..but now many of the prefirst kids hear comments on them being held back, For some reason more people seem aware of it now than before, even tho it has been done for many many years? Maybe due to being more now? Just my observations,,not a professional.

Well no one was mad about it 3 years ago because they still had the teams by age not grade. So the kids did not care if you where older you would be on the older team. But now when you are the 4th attackman and there are 2 pre first kids ahead of you, you tend to want to say something. But as a parent its easier to talk to your son about not starting. You just say its ok son that kid is cheating and will be 19 when he graduates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well no one was mad about it 3 years ago because they still had the teams by age not grade. So the kids did not care if you where older you would be on the older team. But now when you are the 4th attackman and there are 2 pre first kids ahead of you, you tend to want to say something. But as a parent its easier to talk to your son about not starting. You just say its ok son that kid is cheating and will be 19 when he graduates.

You can not call Pre 1 kids holdbacks. They aren't. I doubt ANY parent was thinking back when their son was 5, "Oh hey, maybe we should hold him back for an athletic advantage now." My kid is a Pre 1 kid. My kid was held back because at the adorable, tiny age of 5, he was not speaking yet, he was extremely developmentally delayed with his fine motor skills. When he was 5 and we were told Pre1 for him, my first thought was not AWESOME, my kid will be the biggest going into high school and have an athletic advantage in any sport he plays. No. My first thought was GOD please let me son be ok, please let these developmental issues not be something he will struggle with for the rest of his life. THAT is what was going through our minds. And I am sure other Pre1 kids were held back for the same reason. So PLEASE do NOT group Pre1 boys in with the rest of the boys who are held back PURELY for athletic advantage. My son, 15 as of the end of July, is the second smallest kid on the team. He is one of few on the team who has not hit puberty yet. But you know what, he works his [lacrosse] off to make up for his height, and he starts in a position that relies heavily on size.

If I am wrong, and Pre1 kids are held back that early for athletic advantage, then those parents need to put the crack pipe down. But my guess is most of the Pre1 kids and families went through exactly what we did, and were more worried about the future of their child as a human being than a jock. Stop calling Pre1 kids cheaters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can not call Pre 1 kids holdbacks. They aren't. I doubt ANY parent was thinking back when their son was 5, "Oh hey, maybe we should hold him back for an athletic advantage now." My kid is a Pre 1 kid. My kid was held back because at the adorable, tiny age of 5, he was not speaking yet, he was extremely developmentally delayed with his fine motor skills. When he was 5 and we were told Pre1 for him, my first thought was not AWESOME, my kid will be the biggest going into high school and have an athletic advantage in any sport he plays. No. My first thought was GOD please let me son be ok, please let these developmental issues not be something he will struggle with for the rest of his life. THAT is what was going through our minds. And I am sure other Pre1 kids were held back for the same reason. So PLEASE do NOT group Pre1 boys in with the rest of the boys who are held back PURELY for athletic advantage. My son, 15 as of the end of July, is the second smallest kid on the team. He is one of few on the team who has not hit puberty yet. But you know what, he works his [lacrosse] off to make up for his height, and he starts in a position that relies heavily on size.

If I am wrong, and Pre1 kids are held back that early for athletic advantage, then those parents need to put the crack pipe down. But my guess is most of the Pre1 kids and families went through exactly what we did, and were more worried about the future of their child as a human being than a jock. Stop calling Pre1 kids cheaters.

Well like I said it was not a issue when things where age based because your son would be on the team with the 10th graders not 9th graders. Because his age is on line with that grade. Your story sounds like the real reason for Pre first and the thinking behind it. But if your son is on any team that has 2026 to 2021 in the name he should be playing up one year higher because no matter his size he is a year older then the rest of the kids who are not pre- first. I get him playing with his grade if he is a 2020 or higher those are being looked at by colleges and they need to know his real grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rational reply, but he is not a year older....in most cases he would be 5 weeks older than the older kids in that group. A true holdback and the "double holdbacks" are all older than he is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have a rational reason for your child being held back from going to 1st grade. And I dont think anyone has anything against what you have done for your childs education. But you must understand that to many your child is in a grade lower than what he should be by the State of Maryland start dates. Even if that is ONE day. While I know many use the term holdbacks as something evil..Your child was heldback from moving on to 1st grade, and many are right calling him a holdback as it pertains to YOUTH lacrosse and State of Md standards.

Also you must realize that your son is getting an advantage that the majority or 99% of children arent getting. He gets to ignore the Sept 1 USl guidelines for age and overnight become the oldest ( or one of the oldest) kids on the team. If going by grade he stills gets this advantage as only a select amount of kids are heldback/prefirst. Why does your son get this advantage when 99% of the children in MD dont get it?? If anyone in Maryland your sons age was allowed to play exactly like your son..than there would be very little animosity about playing down, as anyone could play down that wanted.

While you say your son is small and works his but off, that is exactly how many other children your sons exact age perform now too. But they are going against kids older than them from 1 to 11 months...while your son gets to compete against children he is older than by 1-12 months. Who do you think will start?? Your son or the boy born same month as your son but a year different and younger by a year?? Your son more than likely. Why cant these kids get the same advantage your son gets ??

While your son may have the right reasons for doing prefirst as do others..Please dont kid yourself that many are doing prefirst for getting an advantage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me apologize to everyone.. Myself include will never get the 30 seconds back that we just wasted reading that gibberish. For the 1000th time no coach gives a rats arse about the age of his new recruit. Period end of story..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have a rational reason for your child being held back from going to 1st grade. And I dont think anyone has anything against what you have done for your childs education. But you must understand that to many your child is in a grade lower than what he should be by the State of Maryland start dates. Even if that is ONE day. While I know many use the term holdbacks as something evil..Your child was heldback from moving on to 1st grade, and many are right calling him a holdback as it pertains to YOUTH lacrosse and State of Md standards.

Also you must realize that your son is getting an advantage that the majority or 99% of children arent getting. He gets to ignore the Sept 1 USl guidelines for age and overnight become the oldest ( or one of the oldest) kids on the team. If going by grade he stills gets this advantage as only a select amount of kids are heldback/prefirst. Why does your son get this advantage when 99% of the children in MD dont get it?? If anyone in Maryland your sons age was allowed to play exactly like your son..than there would be very little animosity about playing down, as anyone could play down that wanted.

While you say your son is small and works his but off, that is exactly how many other children your sons exact age perform now too. But they are going against kids older than them from 1 to 11 months...while your son gets to compete against children he is older than by 1-12 months. Who do you think will start?? Your son or the boy born same month as your son but a year different and younger by a year?? Your son more than likely. Why cant these kids get the same advantage your son gets ??

While your son may have the right reasons for doing prefirst as do others..Please dont kid yourself that many are doing prefirst for getting an advantage.

Hey idiot, any kid can do a pre-first year...soooo, the advantage is open to anyone. This isn't a new concept but some can't seem to accept that it happens. My son didn't do a pre-first, is on grade and was able to compete at any level despite being undersized. Stop with the advantages, cheating or what every you want to call it. Work hard, focus on what you can control and hopefully good things happen.

Like Reply Quote
Page 91 of 128 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard