BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,851
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 70 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Warriors and Empire Green are the two teams that like to play B teams. Can't win a game in A but think they deserved to be called good team for winning B. Very embarrassing if I'm a parent watching this.Both teams will be smoked in a real tournament.

I wasn't going to respond, but this post is so utterly idiotic that I had to. Last season, the Warriors won a lot of softer tournaments. This year they won less, but played in the best and most difficult tournaments available. They have yet to beat Igloo, Badgers or Bandits, this is true; however, they have played them to a goal or two on several occasions (that means the games were exciting and competitive). And to say they're playing in B tournaments, you're a moron. That statement officially makes you an imbecile. They have faced the best teams in the country on a weekly basis. Win or lose, as a parent, that's what you want. That's what you pay for. That's how the boys improve. I would rather my son's team loses to the Badgers in overtime at the top tournament of the summer than win a t-shirt at a softer tourney any day.

Well said. Warriors are getting better and better. Badgers have made no
Improvment from last year. Where are loud mouth HB parents or MC now after they lose yet another tournament with a 1 goal lose to the Warriors and an a$$ kicking by the Bandits yet again. The gap between the Bandits and Badgers has widened and the gap between the Badgers and the Warriors is closing fast.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Express top team barely beats Warriors (2nd team in club) and gets destroyed by Bandits (1st team in club)? Fair to say Express at this level has fallen far?
Will we see coaching change? I'm sure weaker kids on team hoping no to save their spot. But seems likely

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. How does Express play Bandits within a goal earlier this month and then lose by double digits? Shouldn't outcomes be a bit more consistent? Not stirring pot just wondering why such a big difference. Were kids missing from either team? Do 1 or 2 missing kids make an impact? Or did coaches change gameplan to adjust?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three games between the two first and last were similar 10 plus goal games the middle one close. Guessing the middle one got the Bandits players and coaches attention

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. How does Express play Bandits within a goal earlier this month and then lose by double digits? Shouldn't outcomes be a bit more consistent? Not stirring pot just wondering why such a big difference. Were kids missing from either team? Do 1 or 2 missing kids make an impact? Or did coaches change gameplan to adjust?

Well they are 11 years old. It is kinda their job to be inconsistent.

I'm sure I sound like an old fart when I say this, but I assure you that the scores of these games don't matter.

If you have a son on one of these teams, your only concern is if he is playing, improving and having fun.

If you don't have a son on one of these teams and care about the score, you are a creeper and I promise you that you will realize it someday.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great coaches are constantly adjusting their team and their plays so they can win. Bandits have played HB before and I'm sure have identified the weaknesses and planned accordingly. Say what you will about JS -- but he is a smart coach who constantly changes things up so they are unpredictable and usually unbeatable!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well they are 11 years old. It is kinda their job to be inconsistent.

I'm sure I sound like an old fart when I say this, but I assure you that the scores of these games don't matter.

If you have a son on one of these teams, your only concern is if he is playing, improving and having fun.

If you don't have a son on one of these teams and care about the score, you are a creeper and I promise you that you will realize it someday.

So true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Express top team barely beats Warriors (2nd team in club) and gets destroyed by Bandits (1st team in club)? Fair to say Express at this level has fallen far?
Will we see coaching change? I'm sure weaker kids on team hoping no to save their spot. But seems likely

BM we are bringing you back. Are you available?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon is all Levittown coaches and most of the team is from Levittown/ wantagh. They have favorites so your kid may not play that much .

It's great when you get a comment like this. Coaches play the kids that give them the best chance to win. We played against Recon at Forsberg and they played every kid on their team. I looked over at first and thought that is a lot of kids, but they made it work. As someone who coached HS lax, when it comes to playing time, it's always tough. Coaches usually go to the kids they can trust when the game is on the line. Does that mean these coaches go with the players that they know or have coached for more than 6 or 8 weeks of summer lacrosse, maybe. It's all a balancing act nowadays. Parents are always ready to blame the coach instead of looking at their kid in an objective manner. It is the way society and sports is going and another reason many good coaches are hanging it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 6 2023:

Bandits - no longer way out front. In the pack with everyone else. 3-2 yesterday in the championship game against S2S. S2S dominated the first half. All of a sudden they bring in a kid who has a completely different helmet, no name on the back of his jersey, and he wins every single face-off and they control the whole 2nd half and win 7-2. This kid didn't step on the field in the first half. Seems a little fishy JS? Typical 91...

HBs - good solid team. AJ doing the right thing. This team will be better because of it and the players will become better lacrosse players. Let BM go someplace else - it won't be long before he wears out his welcome there as well. This team does not need BM.

Igloo - coaches are jerks. Some good talent though. Beat the Bandits and are definitely in the top group. 1 or 2 defections and they are done. 1 or 2 additions and they are really good.

S2S - first year program that has impressed. Only losses this season were to HBs, Laxachusetts Black and yesterday to Bandits. 100% in this group.

Laxachusetts Black - basically a 3 man team - goalie, big lefty (if he is 11 god bless him - looks like he is 14) and the lefty attackman. Good coaching and they play hard.

Crabs - won Young Guns beating Igloo by 1. Not sure what other tournaments they play in but sure seems like they are ducking the competition. Not sure why - knowing the crabs organization, I'm sure all the 2023 kids drive themselves to the tournaments...

On the cusp:

Brothery Love - brought in 2 guest players yesterday in the playoffs - different color shorts, the coaches and kids on their own team didn't know their names - comical to hear the coach call out a play and have the kids say he doesn't know it! Funny how those 2 didn't play in the consolation game - guess it didn't matter. This team is good - don't resort to cheating. Work to get better.

91 Warriors - didn't hide. Played everyone. Really challenged themselves. Results weren't great but they definitely got better because of it.

Bethesda - beat HBs, smoked by Laxachusetts, but solid. Can play with anyone.

Just curious to see why Duke's Nationals isn't in this list? At Patriot Games yesterday they lost a 1 goal championship to Igloo and at Lehigh in June they lost the championship in OT to S2S after having soundly beaten S2S in pool play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Badgers got spanked today. Warriors look great and lost by one goal and of course the Bandits showed them the real deal. Sink any further?? Kids will be looking elsewhere since the magic is long gone.

Warriors played against the weakest teams, they lost against any good team. I guess it's nice to play in a tournament set up by your own organization to give you the easy schedule.

Laxachusettes Green and Suoerstar were the weakest teams and their organization didn't run the tourney. Do some research and find out what NLF is.

What a joke- the nlf is run by several organizations- one of them fields the warrior team,therefore they do have input as who to play and not to play giving the Warriors a cushy schedule. You are right they haven't beat any top team and won't until they play the top teams on a consistent basis, you see what happens when they do play them - they lose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 6 2023:

Bandits - no longer way out front. In the pack with everyone else. 3-2 yesterday in the championship game against S2S. S2S dominated the first half. All of a sudden they bring in a kid who has a completely different helmet, no name on the back of his jersey, and he wins every single face-off and they control the whole 2nd half and win 7-2. This kid didn't step on the field in the first half. Seems a little fishy JS? Typical 91...

HBs - good solid team. AJ doing the right thing. This team will be better because of it and the players will become better lacrosse players. Let BM go someplace else - it won't be long before he wears out his welcome there as well. This team does not need BM.

Igloo - coaches are jerks. Some good talent though. Beat the Bandits and are definitely in the top group. 1 or 2 defections and they are done. 1 or 2 additions and they are really good.

S2S - first year program that has impressed. Only losses this season were to HBs, Laxachusetts Black and yesterday to Bandits. 100% in this group.

Laxachusetts Black - basically a 3 man team - goalie, big lefty (if he is 11 god bless him - looks like he is 14) and the lefty attackman. Good coaching and they play hard.

Crabs - won Young Guns beating Igloo by 1. Not sure what other tournaments they play in but sure seems like they are ducking the competition. Not sure why - knowing the crabs organization, I'm sure all the 2023 kids drive themselves to the tournaments...

On the cusp:

Brothery Love - brought in 2 guest players yesterday in the playoffs - different color shorts, the coaches and kids on their own team didn't know their names - comical to hear the coach call out a play and have the kids say he doesn't know it! Funny how those 2 didn't play in the consolation game - guess it didn't matter. This team is good - don't resort to cheating. Work to get better.

91 Warriors - didn't hide. Played everyone. Really challenged themselves. Results weren't great but they definitely got better because of it.

Just curious to see why Duke's Nationals isn't in this list? At Patriot Games yesterday they lost a 1 goal championship to Igloo and at Lehigh in June they lost the championship in OT to S2S after having soundly beaten S2S in pool play.

They're good. But, I think because they are just a mishmash of a bunch of kids that play on other travel clubs, they're not considered a true team. Considering that "hired guns" model, they should actually be substantially better than they are. Plus, video camera dad is so irratating that everyone hates the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 6 2023:

On the cusp:

They're good. But, I think because they are just a mishmash of a bunch of kids that play on other travel clubs, they're not considered a true team. Considering that "hired guns" model, they should actually be substantially better than they are. Plus, video camera dad is so irratating that everyone hates the team.
I will fully admit to being a father of one of the "hired guns" and can tell you that the boys get together once a month for mini-camp practices and work very hard to try to be as cohesive as possible. The overall experience for the boys seems to be one that they very much appreciate. Plus the quality play is quite high.

I find it hard to understand how people wouldn't see them as a "true team", but to each their own, I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Different players show up depending on who they play and when their 2022 team is playing. How is it they tie HB but lose to a Rochester team by 5 goals. No one takes a team like that seriously

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Warriors have been together for a while yet are over-shadowed by their big brother Bandits. Warriors show growth each year and are a good, competitive team. Empire green, again, is a second year organization that plays in the tournaments they are placed in. Are they an A level team? No....not yet. Still need some pieces but they are forming a good foundation and are competitive. More like a B+ team at this point. As a parent you just want to see the kids have fun, grow, and learn the game and at the same time be shielded from the idiotic remarks and bashing of crazy parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Different players show up depending on who they play and when their 2022 team is playing. How is it they tie HB but lose to a Rochester team by 5 goals. No one takes a team like that seriously
If you're referring to the Duke's Nationals team, I can tell you that the core roster is set. There may be players who come in for evaluations and ultimately make the team, but how is that any different than any other team having tryouts? The organization absolutely does not bring in "hired guns" meaning players just for a tournament. It is communicated from the beginning that if you accept a position you are expected to give priority to Nationals as your primary club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Badgers got spanked today. Warriors look great and lost by one goal and of course the Bandits showed them the real deal. Sink any further?? Kids will be looking elsewhere since the magic is long gone.

Warriors played against the weakest teams, they lost against any good team. I guess it's nice to play in a tournament set up by your own organization to give you the easy schedule.

Laxachusettes Green and Suoerstar were the weakest teams and their organization didn't run the tourney. Do some research and find out what NLF is.

What a joke- the nlf is run by several organizations- one of them fields the warrior team,therefore they do have input as who to play and not to play giving the Warriors a cushy schedule. You are right they haven't beat any top team and won't until they play the top teams on a consistent basis, you see what happens when they do play them - they lose

But you will crap on them if they go b and kill everyone. What would you like them to do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Express gets no credit for playing Bandits to within one goal, then Warriors get no credit for playing Express to within one goal. Sorry, you have to treat them the same. But it seems you want to pick on it from both ends to create the story you want to create. Nice try but it doesn't work that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about the Outlaws for this age group? Either A or B team. Anything on any team would help as I am thinking about having my son tryout, but don't want to waste the tryout fee.Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Alrhough Sunday's game was close and exciting for the Warriors, on Saturday Express beat warriors 12-3. The time before that at Tri-Star Express beat Warriors 11-3. They also beat them pretty good in the spring when they faced off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Alrhough Sunday's game was close and exciting for the Warriors, on Saturday Express beat warriors 12-3. The time before that at Tri-Star Express beat Warriors 11-3. They also beat them pretty good in the spring when they faced off.

They won by 2 goals in the spring after playing from behind for most of the game. You're very bitter after being cut by the Warriors and then getting no PT and quitting Empire. Let it go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you trying to say that express 1 (badgers) playing 91 1 (bandits) to within 1 goal is same as 91 2 (warriors) playing Express 1 (badgers) to within 1 goal? I hope you are not so dumb that you can't see how it's different.
But in case you can't, between badgers and warriors, only one of these teams is the top 2023 team for its club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you trying to say that express 1 (badgers) playing 91 1 (bandits) to within 1 goal is same as 91 2 (warriors) playing Express 1 (badgers) to within 1 goal? I hope you are not so dumb that you can't see how it's different.
But in case you can't, between badgers and warriors, only one of these teams is the top 2023 team for its club.

I didn't read anyone comparing Warriors to any other team. I read that they are improving and playing very good lacrosse against the top teams in the country. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Why are you so angry? You should probably be getting your kid ready for tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played on Recon this year, was a first year team. Was very happy, future looks very bright for this bunch if they stay together>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I means the Badgers got lucky once against a team they should be playing to a 1 to 2 goal game every time. Maybe better said; Badgers are now a B team. Slip from grace. AJ might have been a great player but sucks as a coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I means the Badgers got lucky once against a team they should be playing to a 1 to 2 goal game every time. Maybe better said; Badgers are now a B team. Slip from grace. AJ might have been a great player but sucks as a coach.

You are a dope and your view of 2023 lax is delusional. Badgers are a B team???? Really??? That's what you're going with??? Idiot. Plain and simple, you're an idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about the Outlaws for this age group? Either A or B team. Anything on any team would help as I am thinking about having my son tryout, but don't want to waste the tryout fee.Thanks

Unless your son is gifted, he will not make the select "A" team. That team has been together for 3 years or so IIRC. So if you don't mind going into tryouts knowing he is only going to qualify for the second tier team, spend your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless your son is gifted, he will not make the select "A" team. That team has been together for 3 years or so IIRC. So if you don't mind going into tryouts knowing he is only going to qualify for the second tier team, spend your money.

There is nothing wrong with being part of the 2nd team. If this your son's first time playing travel then you have to ask yourself what's best for him. Is it being the 7th or 8th player on his line getting spot minutes per game for your money or being in the first or second line on the second teams and getting better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't take the bait. Obviously Express 1 is not a "B" team. But objectively they are no where near as dominant as they were over past few years. Not a criticism. Still a very good team, just not dominant. Other teams have and will catchup. Maybe roster turnover will help. Maybe coaching change or style change will help. Or maybe there's just too many good players at this age so lots of teams will beat each other sometimes. Outside of bandits, we know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why Recon they are a 1st year team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon is made up of Levittown, Wantagh, Plainview, Massapequa,Freeport, Bethpage. They are a solid B team. My son is on the team and i do not see any favoritism.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes there are a lot of kids on the Recon team 28 i believe and they all get in every game pretty much evenly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you asking why they are a first year team?
They never had a 2023 team before. My son plays for them. He loves the coaches and spending time with his teammates. From the parents perspective I was afraid of play time because of the number of kids but they do a great job getting every kid play time. There are 2 main coaches and usually 2 others that help on game days. They are all nice guys and work hard. The negative side for me would be that I would like to see more practices. 1, sometimes 2 a week I feel isn't enough but that's my opinion. The indoor training they do for conditioning all winter is great though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a dope and your view of 2023 lax is delusional. Badgers are a B team???? Really??? That's what you're going with??? Idiot. Plain and simple, you're an idiot.

If Badgers are the A, Bsdgers must be the B. Simple as that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't take the bait. Obviously Express 1 is not a "B" team. But objectively they are no where near as dominant as they were over past few years. Not a criticism. Still a very good team, just not dominant. Other teams have and will catchup. Maybe roster turnover will help. Maybe coaching change or style change will help. Or maybe there's just too many good players at this age so lots of teams will beat each other sometimes. Outside of bandits, we know.

Only change in HB team was that BM was not there driving the winning attitude. The best kids played under his coaching. Now, Kids are not held accountable and some kids are on the team as a favor and others are starting as a favor. Losing BM was a huge hit to our teams success this year. No Doubt. AJ is a good guy but you cannot argue that BM was missed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express roster needs to turnover. No attack men, defense men. A few good middies. Need a coach, not parent. There would be no S2S if AJ would have looked at other players, now S2S is in a position to overtake the Express. I am a frustrated Express parent. MC please help us!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo coach PS best of the bunch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express roster needs to turnover. No attack men, defense men. A few good middies. Need a coach, not parent. There would be no S2S if AJ would have looked at other players, now S2S is in a position to overtake the Express. I am a frustrated Express parent. MC please help us!!

My only cares about the dollars!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you asking why they are a first year team?
They never had a 2023 team before. My son plays for them. He loves the coaches and spending time with his teammates. From the parents perspective I was afraid of play time because of the number of kids but they do a great job getting every kid play time. There are 2 main coaches and usually 2 others that help on game days. They are all nice guys and work hard. The negative side for me would be that I would like to see more practices. 1, sometimes 2 a week I feel isn't enough but that's my opinion. The indoor training they do for conditioning all winter is great though.

Where do they practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do we think about Icon for this year?

Page 61 of 70 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard