BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 86 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah, Brock Turner's dad is a real gem. Not that I don't agree with lax sidelines gone ballistic. But, it's not just lax. It's all sports and it's awful.

Nice lacrosse dad comment. Ya, pick the one bad seed in another sport to offset the mass of it in lacrosse. This is the enablers' sport.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you would like. But you still did not answer my question. What do kids get out of playing in a elite tournament and lying about PGing?

Don't think many kids are doing that, I typically see kids dropping down as upper classman when 90% of their class is full, but these kids are sincere about pg'ing if a school shows interest. Guess there could be one or two dummies out there that don't understand how the recruiting process works. Also, many clubs won't let you play as a pg unless you are sincere.

I think your intel is wrong my friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This will give Bethesda Parents a path to high school teams that does not exist today. Bethesda currently ends their program at grade 8.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This will give Bethesda Parents a path to high school teams that does not exist today. Bethesda currently ends their program at grade 8.

The Express is not going to buy a non-profit. Please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As expected, the owner is coaching his sons. Was that really a surprise to you? He already takes over certain teams if they are playing a big game, relegating their actual coach to being a bystander. Did you really think he wouldn't coach that team when he's already there with his sons?

Madlax = daddy ball

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As expected, the owner is coaching his sons. Was that really a surprise to you? He already takes over certain teams if they are playing a big game, relegating their actual coach to being a bystander. Did you really think he wouldn't coach that team when he's already there with his sons?

Madlax = daddy ball

Well he did not coach his sons this summer. He was the head coach of 2 top private high schools. They have been a team for 20 years and have had a dad coaching a team 3 times over this time span. His sons are really good players so they would be getting playing time for any 2024 team in the country. They have had paid coaches for 20 years. Each coach has played college lacrosse or coached high level college or high school ball. You can say some bad things about Madlax but saying Daddy ball coaching is by far the biggest lie you can tell about this club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax = daddy ball

His sons are babies 2024 I think every dad should be able to coach his sons at this age. This is not a point to try and make tell his sons are in 8th grade or older. The hate is just pouring from this guys fingers. I am sorry he cut your son. I am sure your son is a heck of a ball player. He just had a bad tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not how the deal is going to happen. LI Express is not buying Bethesda. Based on your tone it sounds like you have all the answers so why don't you enlighten us.

I love the way people act when they can hide behind the internet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not how the deal is going to happen. LI Express is not buying Bethesda. Based on your tone it sounds like you have all the answers so why don't you enlighten us.

I love the way people act when they can hide behind the internet.

Clara Barton Express? Cabin John Express? I like it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland Express

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
isn't Bethesda a community nonprofit program. i know they have their travel/club teams but they also run a rec program right? doesn't seem like there would be much "synergy" in express "buying" them. Maybe they would partner to serve high school teams...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
isn't Bethesda a community nonprofit program. i know they have their travel/club teams but they also run a rec program right? doesn't seem like there would be much "synergy" in express "buying" them. Maybe they would partner to serve high school teams...

I love how the cycle goes the clubs multiply then after some time they join up to form partners and National teams. I think there should be less clubs and these less larger clubs have A, B and C teams. This is a way better formula. The 100 different club model we have now does not work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the Mighty Madlax 2024 AAA playing in the B division at Hershey not with the better teams at this age at NXT?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the Mighty Madlax 2024 AAA playing in the B division at Hershey not with the better teams at this age at NXT?

Well because they are babies at this age group. And the kids have fun going to the park. A good youth schedule should have at least one "easy" one. That way before the summer they can tell your parents if you must miss one of these 4 tournaments please miss this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. Madlax makes their teams play in 5+ tournaments a summer. Complete waste of money and time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. Madlax makes their teams play in 5+ tournaments a summer. Complete waste of money and time.

This post cracks me up. Check the website each team plays 4 tournaments. Check the dates of the tournaments some are one day style this might be confusing you. And I have never heard a elite lacrosse kid say " dad we play in way to many lacrosse tournaments"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post cracks me up. Check the website each team plays 4 tournaments. Check the dates of the tournaments some are one day style this might be confusing you. And I have never heard a elite lacrosse kid say " dad we play in way to many lacrosse tournaments"

Because you haven't been around the block and/or are in love with the owner.

Everyone knows that 2-3 tournaments is fine for everyone. It allows kids to play in showcases and prospect days, or play with their HS teams a couple of times.

If you think that 5 isn't way too much, I can't help you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because you haven't been around the block and/or are in love with the owner.

Everyone knows that 2-3 tournaments is fine for everyone. It allows kids to play in showcases and prospect days, or play with their HS teams a couple of times.

If you think that 5 isn't way too much, I can't help you.

So please help me out here the kids playing in a couple showcases and with there high school teams please explain how this does not add up to the same amount of Lacrosse field time. Also please tell me how you save money with 3 tournaments and 2 or more showcase compared to 4 or 5 tournaments. I would say the money is the same. And all the Madlax tournaments are showcase elite tournaments. And some have a showcase built into them on the Friday before. So in my humble opinion these would work out to the same. And in my humble opinion my son looks better when playing with his teammates then in a showcase setting with all the hero ball being played. The best format is team tournaments and then doing the school you like/can play for prospect days. Any showcase with 225 kids or so does you no good unless the coach knows you will be there and is coming to see you play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, those Madlax tournaments in Poolesville are really elite tournaments. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Yeah, those Madlax tournaments in Poolesville are really elite tournaments. LOL. [/quote
Well this shows how dumb you are. No capital team 2020 and above played in a Madlax tournament this summer. The younger teams do because it's close to home.
The blind hate you have for Madlax is amazing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax = daddy ball

Well he did not coach his sons this summer.

Yes, he does. Check out their Instagram page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax = daddy ball

Well he did not coach his sons this summer.

Once again this is a 2024 team = babies. 2nd 20 years of top notch non dad coaches is not erased by the owner who has coaching Resume coaching his sons team sometimes

Yes, he does. Check out their Instagram page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. The 2024 team won a B tournament and posted a photo on their Instagram page. Guess who's in it? The guy you say isn't coaching his sons but actually is. As if that was ever in doubt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Performance now the feeder program for Bethesda Lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Bethesda is creating a new Club for 8th grade and older - DC Express. BLC/Performance/LI Express as Partners. Nothing changes at BLC other than 8th Grade is now DC Express. Official Announcement coming soon. All players welcomed to Tryouts - just seeking best players - school and youth program does not matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure I understand. How does this help LI Express? If Bethesda is not the feeder program for Performance, How does this help them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda is the feeder - and other local clubs will have kids that come over too / for sure - so they can get a top tier focused experience locally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I understand correctly - After 8th grade (DC Express), the Bethesda teams will continue to Performance to make high school teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After 7th grade. So DC Express 2021 will be formed at tryouts next month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will DC Express 2017 - 2020 be based from Performance?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda is now the feeder for Performance which will be rebranded Maryland Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the goal is to keep the Bethesda travel players from leaving for other clubs as they hit eighth grade. Happens every year their rising 8th group gets gutted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Bethesda 2021 and Performance 2021 has tryouts posted on their website. If you want to tryout for DC Express, which club tryout do you register for?

Also, as previous poster wrote, How does any of this help LI Express? Is this to form a "National Team"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe not ready for prime time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Bethesda 2021 and Performance 2021 has tryouts posted on their website. If you want to tryout for DC Express, which club tryout do you register for?

Also, as previous poster wrote, How does any of this help LI Express? Is this to form a "National Team"?

I think this is a example of two many clubs for a area. Teams need to all think about combining and going with 2 teams at each age level. This will keep the talent on the correct level. With so many teams most teams have AAA, AA, A, and B level players playing on the same team. With less clubs the talent is correctly placed on the correct level team. This way hurts kids feelings and we all know this can not be done in 2016. "My kid is a AA player I am leaving this team to play on this other AA team, how dare you tell me my son is a A player. Even though you have been coaching for 25 years I know he is AA not A."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should put the nail in the coffin of Club Blue, which was already teetering on the brink of not fielding teams for next year at several grade levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should put the nail in the coffin of Club Blue, which was already teetering on the brink of not fielding teams for next year at several grade levels.

I think the should remove 4 clubs from Maryland and at least 2 clubs from NOVA. This would push the talent level and numbers up for the better clubs left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does LI Express get out of this partnership?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does LI Express get out of this partnership?

2 or 5 players for a National team and Money is my guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs do most Bethesda kids move to? I'm guessing it will hurt those clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 52 of 86 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard