BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,178
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 107 of 144 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The BEST post ever!...we are all culpable n this travel scam. We who continue to write the checks and swipe the CC...We who ALL believe that our son/daughter is going to college for free...We created the Monster that is travel lax greed...as guilty as the next one of you...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The BEST post ever!...we are all culpable n this travel scam. We who continue to write the checks and swipe the CC...We who ALL believe that our son/daughter is going to college for free...We created the Monster that is travel lax greed...as guilty as the next one of you...

All that is true. That doesn't make him any less of a sleazebag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's right. Everyone know what they're doing. And when your son doesn't meet up to your expectations it's, blame the coach/club. Enjoy watching your son. My son plays Express. He is happy there, which is what matters to me. Maybe someday he will play in college, maybe he won't. There are no dreams of scholarships. We plan to pay for his education. Get a reality check people. It always seems these Dads are not happy, but the son is fine, so leave it alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]You Play express if your boarder line to make team in 9th and JV- Kid never see's field then gets cut on varsity because summer checks are done. If your kid play elsewhere but is good, he will play. Look at SA and Cham 9th Grade roster the Bottom 15-20 kids all Play express.

Yup

A lot of the top 15-20 play Express too

less than half the kids who got legit playing time for Chaminade last year played Express. It simply is a myth that you have to play Express to get on the field at Chaminade. A complete myth

A myth? You just said less than half, 40 % maybe? Sounds like a lot of kids from one team to me. I think you have proven the point! You gotta pay Express to play.

Of the 17 kids who got legit playing time last year (2 goalies, 3 attack, 3 mids, 2 SSDMs, 6 poles, FOGO), only five played Express. Myth.

5 out of 17 is 30%...from one team? NOT A MYTH, a FACT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm getting so sick of reading these posts from people who aren't on the team and don't have the facts, but feel they should post. I've posted and only 1/2 my posts actually get posted! I have no idea why that is. Our Express team has a total of 9 tournaments this year and this was the only one with an additional fee. Never have I been on a club lacrosse team and had this many tournaments plus a ton of fall practices and a ton of extra spring practices thrown in for free because the coaches want to get us ready. So I really don't think the extra $125 for this one tournament is a big deal. Enough with he bashing when you have no clue what you are talking about.
As far as the hotel - if you don't like it stay at another one. Doesn't take rocket science.

"Never have I been on a club" ???? are you on the team or are you the team Mommy?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know Mike C of express personally but thought I would share a funny story and probably validate why so many on this board have shared distasteful comments. A parent I know whose son plays on Express is going to a tournament in Maryland at the Landon school this weekend. Each player is being charged a $120 tournament registration fee even though on the tournament website it states that the cost to register a full team is just $450. So, after the first 4 players, it simply profit for what shouldn't be a revenue producing event. Don't know how many kids on the team but assume 20+ which would mean a $2000 profit into Mike C's pocket for doing nothing except registering his team. Can anyone confirm this because if true, just disgusting. Assume that is the behavior the moderator was referring to. Hard to for Mike C to defend himself or the program if accurate though.

it doesn't all go to MC, it goes to the club and there are several directors and back end people, we are not on express but from what i can tell, it's pretty standard with majority of the clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a business....do just do your due diligence. Competitors are running summer camps (BS with non lax play time) for $450/week for kids as young as 1st grade. I've seen "college road tours", all sorts of gear for sale, mark ups on hotels, showcase for 7th graders, double price for boys lax when compared to girls and on and on it goes. They all do it. It is often profoundly unfair and you feel like if you don't pony up they may take it out on your kid next tryout season. Those who've been through this before know there is no loyalty. These clubs will take every dollar you got, cut your kid and then go home and sleep like a baby. It is what it is: a business. At least until our next election, this is still America. So if you don't like it don't support them. Otherwise just hold your nose and keep swiping your credit card like the rest of us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the daddy's whining about MC are angry bc their son wasn't good enough. That simple. They probably bounce their kid from club to club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I said my son is on the team. I'm not a 10 year old posting.
And mom or dad what is the difference. When my older boy played travel lacrosse (not town) we called it "club". That's all you got from my post? Figures.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a business, like every other club, like everything in this world. Its all about making money. My local bar is 7 bucks a beer. I can buy a case at supermarket for 17 bucks. Its the same thing with club lax, club any sport actually. My opinion if you feel you are getting good value for your money, great. Good for you. If your not ,come august tryout somewhere else or just go PAL. Its that simple.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I said my son is on the team. I'm not a 10 year old posting.
And mom or dad what is the difference. When my older boy played travel lacrosse (not town) we called it "club". That's all you got from my post? Figures.

OK team Mommy....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on one of the lesser Express teams a couple of years back. Although we were told they would practice twice a week, there was NEVER a practice. The games were terrible as the kids did not even know each other and were resentful. I actually gave a lot of thought to calling the Better Business Bureau for Fraud, but I know Jack Moran and did not want to go down this road. IT is ok in my book to make a buck, but to put 100% of your focus on your best team, and use the lessor teams to pad your wallet and not meet what you advertise to young teenagers that want to play the game over the summer, I view as theft.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on one of the lesser Express teams a couple of years back. Although we were told they would practice twice a week, there was NEVER a practice. The games were terrible as the kids did not even know each other and were resentful. I actually gave a lot of thought to calling the Better Business Bureau for Fraud, but I know Jack Moran and did not want to go down this road. IT is ok in my book to make a buck, but to put 100% of your focus on your best team, and use the lessor teams to pad your wallet and not meet what you advertise to young teenagers that want to play the game over the summer, I view as theft.

Wow. This is shocking news! You must of have been on ANY B , c or d team express has EVER had!!

I actually don't think they make cuts. Everyones checks is good. At least for a year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know kids "playing" on the A teams that have NO business even being on the field. If you line the right pockets your child miraculously gets on an A team. It is no different than anything else in life !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above statement is factual, certainly for '20 Terp team. Trying to find a positive in this, at least loyalty can be bought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So did you complain to Jack? Did you pull your kid from the team at least?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you the guy who went around telling everyone that since moran was coach that the team was as good as the A team ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid was on Express 2021, team two year ago in the Fall. They charged us $850,00 for
3 tournaments and six practices, the 3 tournaments all together cost $2,000 to enter.
Talk about a profit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid was on Express 2021, team two year ago in the Fall. They charged us $850,00 for
3 tournaments and six practices, the 3 tournaments all together cost $2,000 to enter.
Talk about a profit.

Can we just stop the money nonsense, this has been beaten to death, over and over, time and time again. All the clubs do it, some more than others but you need to remember all the backend costs for some of the organizations. We were express couple of years, learned a lot, paid a lot. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk about a profit.

Were you ever lied to? As long as they told you what you were getting for $850 and honored what they promised, don't come here to complain. You willingly paid the money. Don't complain that they made a profit.

Have news for you....as long as everyone is willing to pay, costs will go up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above statement is factual, certainly for '20 Terp team. Trying to find a positive in this, at least loyalty can be bought.

Great Coaches, Parents and Kids on that team- you would be lucky to be a part of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to 2022 Express tied Smash in last weekend tournament which knocked Smash out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go away troll. Not an Express parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations united for beating express and winning championship last weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has express really gone down hill? The teams at fl$ tournament were awful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems the Express is on the decline. Not used to seeing LIE HS teams schooled by other club teams. The talent is disbursed among many club teams now. Especially with a certain other club team taking over the management of their programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems the Express is on the decline. Not used to seeing LIE HS teams schooled by other club teams. The talent is disbursed among many club teams now. Especially with a certain other club team taking over the management of their programs.

Fishes rot from the head down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The results from this weekend adrenaline were poor. 2018 may have had best showing. 2020.2017, 2019 all not good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2022 / 2021 B teams that played in mitchell field were horrible. 2021 were using a goalie from the other team. A father on that team said they never had a Goalie for this year. Parents pay for this crap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2022 / 2021 B teams that played in mitchell field were horrible. 2021 were using a goalie from the other team. A father on that team said they never had a Goalie for this year. Parents pay for this crap.

part of the problem is people refuse to play on a "B" team. they go to an "A" team in a B division and think somehow it's a better team. you have to play what's best for your child but the B teams suffer the most. it does have to be looked at better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the Express 20 team is definitely not a BAD team. Are they the BEST? No, definitely not. Are there few kids that will definitely go D1 one day, absolutely and they are in the conversation for top 10 in the country. Easy with the hyperbole. And like all teams, there are a few painful parents and punk kids--and plenty of good nice ones as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meanwhile the 2022 kids have won 4 championships in 5 weekends! The program is absolute garbage! SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
17 kids on the sidelines....27 kids on a team is a little much. parents have to understand that if you are not the top 13 kids you are not going to play on MCs 2022 team. Yes they are very good buy buyer beware...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
17 kids on the sidelines....27 kids on a team is a little much. parents have to understand that if you are not the top 13 kids you are not going to play on MCs 2022 team. Yes they are very good buy buyer beware...

The parents know that but would rather say they are on the A team even if they don't play. The B team would have been one of the best around if dad's egos weren't involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the problem with most club teams - carrying too many players on the team. The max should be 20/22 players - this way everyone plays. The better players get more time & the reserves get decent playing time. If it is a matter of money - then play one less tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for express. Starting to realize very quickly that a lot of rvc parents are complete assholes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for express. Starting to realize very quickly that a lot of rvc parents are complete assholes

doubt anyone from that team would make such a statement. parents and kids get along great!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, I'm sure you do. what town are you from? Can probably say the same about your town, or any town. But your bias or issue has nothing to do with it right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No schedule for this weekend? Come on, let's get it together.

Like Reply Quote
Page 107 of 144 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard