BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 42 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Teal this weekend was terrible. But something is going on with coaching as well they have certain player on restriction, and limited playing time when I looked over to the parents a puzzle look was present on both faces but could say the same for other parents as well. As the chemistry is not quite bonded. Better luck next week I hope

how was the secret weapon?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What/who is this secret weapon? You keep Asking about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is YJ Teal? There is certainly a YJ Blue but never heard of YJ Teal...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teal this weekend was terrible. But something is going on with coaching as well they have certain player on restriction, and limited playing time when I looked over to the parents a puzzle look was present on both faces but could say the same for other parents as well. As the chemistry is not quite bonded. Better luck next week I hope

Coach restricts her and gives her no playing time. I don't know what it is, but by doing this she had no chance to help her team at all. Nobody passes kid the ball, and if they do coach is quick to shout out and distract her or telling her to give it up... She could have helped her team out a great amount if coaches gave her playing time because everyone knows her potential. On her other team last year, she was Rocking and Rolling, helping out her team. This team has her on the wrong position, and they're always calling her over making it seem like she was doing something incorrect. I feel very bad for the kid because she is very quick and deserves to be a midfielder, and never gets the ball and has no playing time. She has a few tricks up her sleeve that I know she is waiting to bring out but she cannot because of all the restrictions she gets! I wish the best for her at all her other games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach continues to be overmatched.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is funny about said above comment,as a parent with a daughter on the team. My child also asked the same question, something fishy is going on I know dad is a coach and is very aware as he remains quiet. Let's see what happens going forward. But something is really going on with this coach and higher ups. And her not being able to play to her potential is a shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What/who is this secret weapon? You keep Asking about

Seriously,would love to know who this secret is, even my daughter has no clue who you are talking about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach restricts her and gives her no playing time. I don't know what it is, but by doing this she had no chance to help her team at all. Nobody passes kid the ball, and if they do coach is quick to shout out and distract her or telling her to give it up... She could have helped her team out a great amount if coaches gave her playing time because everyone knows her potential. On her other team last year, she was Rocking and Rolling, helping out her team. This team has her on the wrong position, and they're always calling her over making it seem like she was doing something incorrect. I feel very bad for the kid because she is very quick and deserves to be a midfielder, and never gets the ball and has no playing time. She has a few tricks up her sleeve that I know she is waiting to bring out but she cannot because of all the restrictions she gets! I wish the best for her at all her other games.

the grass isn't always greener.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did all the Long Island "A" and "B" do this weekend?

YJ Curcio took the ship, Jones lost in finals

How does Jones make it to the finals and Curcio not??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 2020 wins the National Draw

It must have been very exciting beating M&D, YJ and Heroes, well done, good luck at your next big tournament

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It must have been very exciting beating M&D, YJ and Heroes, well done, good luck at your next big tournament

Top Guns 2020 black played in a very competitive pool and made it to the playoffs. They played a very tough Mass Elite team in the championships. Sky Walkers did not make it far enough into the playoffs to play Top Guns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Guns 2020 black played in a very competitive pool and made it to the playoffs. They played a very tough Mass Elite team in the championships. Sky Walkers did not make it far enough into the playoffs to play Top Guns.

How was that super competitive T3 team that beat you guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did all the Long Island "A" and "B" do this weekend?

YJ Curcio took the ship, Jones lost in finals

How does Jones make it to the finals and Curcio not??

There was an A, B and C division all with their own champions. Curcio won A championship. Jones lost in Finals of B division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is funny about said above comment,as a parent with a daughter on the team. My child also asked the same question, something fishy is going on I know dad is a coach and is very aware as he remains quiet. Let's see what happens going forward. But something is really going on with this coach and higher ups. And her not being able to play to her potential is a shame.

What's funny is coaches make a fool of themselves while not knowing dad is a coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They really have no idea."dad is a coach" How can the coaches not know dad is a certified/qualified coach is simply entertaining! Uhmm this guys sits around like he his always scouting for someone. Who really knows what he is up too, don't be surprise of what's to come in the future. As word around town is he training kids to understand the fundamentals and play the game in traditional game format. It's no secret everyone knows except those that have blinders on. Let the kids play teach them well and everyone will have success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct ... Skywalkers lost 7-4 to Mass Elite Red in the semi-final. Time to start giving some credit to teams outside of LI and Maryland. Believe it or not, there are some decent ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They really have no idea."dad is a coach" How can the coaches not know dad is a certified/qualified coach is simply entertaining! Uhmm this guys sits around like he his always scouting for someone. Who really knows what he is up too, don't be surprise of what's to come in the future. As word around town is he training kids to understand the fundamentals and play the game in traditional game format. It's no secret everyone knows except those that have blinders on. Let the kids play teach them well and everyone will have success.

Dad is not scouting anyone from out here... Doesn't look too happy with any of these LI teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curcio won it all for the 2020's beat M&D in the semi's and Heroes in the finals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG's played the 2nd Skywalker team, not the top team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Succinctly: you are all serious losers. Best case: your daughter will think you are a loser, worst case: you teach your daughters to be losers. WHAT the [lacrosse] does your daughter having fun and going to a good school (hopefully) have to do with hoping someone else's daughter does poorly. What kind of weakling actually thinks 'your daughter is weak, she's on a weak team, she only plays weak teams.' Rather than rest in the hope that your kid's team is great and your kid plays great, you root AGAINST others. That's just the epitome of weakness. Do great athletes hope their opponent sucks, or do they hope they themselves simply outperform their greatest competitors?

You nasty bunch of punks are ripe for beatings on the sidelines, hopefully at the hands of your very own daughter's stick when/if she figures it all out.... geez my dad's a punk. While there's a bunch of toughguys hiding in the forums here, of the 'brave' who have big mouths on the sidelines- I can only hope you take a beating at some point for your shameless 'me first, f everybody else' attitude-- displayed next to the wrong guy. The vineyard vine shirt pulled over the head, the windmilling of uppercuts, the crying for mommy....

This is for our daughters, for their growth, keeping them out of trouble, getting them off to good schools. Gear up and play in your own league (as if you actually could)...

Sincerely, some guy who MUST have a daughter who sucks and plays for a crap team... Clearly that must be the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think anybody said TG beat the Skywalker Blue team. They never got to play because Skywalkers got beat by the Mass Eilte team, who was beat by TG Black in the championship game. I don't think any TG people are puffing their chests. It's a rebuild, and the kids and parents are OK with it. Move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And beat the team that knocked the Skywalker's A team out of the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curcio won it all for the 2020's beat M&D in the semi's and Heroes in the finals

YJ Curcio 2020 should now be known as YJ Curcio 1010's because only half of your played in both those games. Rumor has even the pay to play players watched from the sidelines, good luck getting recruited from the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being a parent of girl on team this is same coach that was very intense and loud on sideline last year. The problem this year is we have too many girls and they're trying to share time equally it's not the coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Curcio 2020 should now be known as YJ Curcio 1010's because only half of your played in both those games. Rumor has even the pay to play players watched from the sidelines, good luck getting recruited from the bench.

Are you guys under the impression that there should always be equal playing time in club lacrosse?

My daughter doesn't play for YJ but her team has different sub patterns based on who they are playing. In finals this weekend, there were 5 or 6 girls that didn't play at all. Throughout the weekend though, it was more balanced. This isn't rec lacrosse. The clubs are in the business of winning tournaments. If you don't like it, you can find another place for your daughter to play where she would get more time. The coaches are not, and should not be expected to play everyone the same in championship tournaments. When they get to high school and they are showcases that is a different story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you guys under the impression that there should always be equal playing time in club lacrosse?

My daughter doesn't play for YJ but her team has different sub patterns based on who they are playing. In finals this weekend, there were 5 or 6 girls that didn't play at all. Throughout the weekend though, it was more balanced. This isn't rec lacrosse. The clubs are in the business of winning tournaments. If you don't like it, you can find another place for your daughter to play where she would get more time. The coaches are not, and should not be expected to play everyone the same in championship tournaments. When they get to high school and they are showcases that is a different story.

Thanks CR we get it, you keep cashing those checks though. Your not a nice person just greedy you want to win and don't care about the money cut your roster sizes down. yes I know nobody forces you to write that check. you have children hopefully there coaches and the organizations they play for treat them better then you treat your clients. monopolizing girls lax on long island was genius on your part, your instilling bullying on your coaches and that is being passed on to children. sleep well CR you are a mom also, aren't you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said... Parents here's idea! How about stop paying for no service. Lets just paying to travel. Long Island has enough teams to run games on a weekend in H.Park. And the cost of the pain is priceless. Long Island will never be represented well as long as we continue to fight each other. Pick a weekend have the girls come out to any park and compete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

then don't take 26 kids and bury them on the bench, put them on the B team and let them play. Nobody gets recruited while watching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely correct on don't take 26 players. But everyone wants to say I am on YJ A team.(as well as other clubs A team). The truth of the matter on all these teams is they all have 4-5 players that carry the team. Beyond that all average. Players. The parents need to have the guts to say to child you will get better playing not sitting. But again it is for the parents to be able to say when out to dinner with there friends. Maybe time to have a good sit down with your child, and actually be a parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

then don't take 26 kids and bury them on the bench, put them on the B team and let them play. Nobody gets recruited while watching

Not sure you should be giving CR advice about getting kids recruited. Just look at the 2019 age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last I checked, no one forces parents to sign their girls up for the team. There are many other options. No one outside of the top few girls that are getting recruited in 8th grade anyway. When you get to high school, the girls have to play 50% of the time in most showcases anyway so it's no big deal. The choice is yours.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks CR we get it, you keep cashing those checks though. Your not a nice person just greedy you want to win and don't care about the money cut your roster sizes down. yes I know nobody forces you to write that check. you have children hopefully there coaches and the organizations they play for treat them better then you treat your clients. monopolizing girls lax on long island was genius on your part, your instilling bullying on your coaches and that is being passed on to children. sleep well CR you are a mom also, aren't you?

I'm the OP and I'm not even from LI, let alone am I CR.

My point is, all the top clubs try to win championships. As you know if your daughter is on one of these teams, at the most 2 of the 4 pool games are ever even close. There is plenty of playing time in the other games. If you expect any coach to make playing time equal in close playoff games you're delusional. The coaches answer to the club directors who expect them to win. Neither CR, the one at Yellow Jackets or M&D, want to hear from a coach that they lost because they had to get all their bench players in.

It's the harsh reality of the sport that starts to hit as the girls get older. You and your daughter need to decide if it's worth not playing to have the bee sticker or if she'd be better off somewhere where she would play in the playoff games. No parent wants to face the truth that their daughter may not be as good as the top 15 or 16 girls on the team. But if she isn't playing in these games that is what you are facing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would just like to say I saw the game between yj blue against the team that remains nameless. Here is my observation. Yj bench was shortened and can't say for certain but I believe some girls never saw field. Other team definitely rotated girls in and out repeatedly and think with the amount of subbing that all the girls played a fair amount of time. I can honestly say also that those girls are not far from claiming a championship against the heavyweights. I m h o. Also when it comes to showcases they will look much better to the college coaches because they pretty much maintained a steady balance of talent on the field. 1 more thing both teams moved ball very well in transition with yj having 1 girl do the bulk of scoring and the no names doing the better 0assing in tight. 5hx for listening

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would just like to say I saw the game between yj blue against the team that remains nameless. Here is my observation. Yj bench was shortened and can't say for certain but I believe some girls never saw field. Other team definitely rotated girls in and out repeatedly and think with the amount of subbing that all the girls played a fair amount of time. I can honestly say also that those girls are not far from claiming a championship against the heavyweights. I m h o. Also when it comes to showcases they will look much better to the college coaches because they pretty much maintained a steady balance of talent on the field. 1 more thing both teams moved ball very well in transition with yj having 1 girl do the bulk of scoring and the no names doing the better 0assing in tight. 5hx for listening
it's OK to say legacy. And I'D be willing to bet you didn't just watch the game, your daughter plays on the team. Thanks for the update. Btw, I'm sure they will be contenders. No one is unbeatable, ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. Sorry detective. Honestly though it is nice to hear a realistic response instead of road grader dialog.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a reality check, for those of you on the YJ Curcio 1010's nobody ever promised anybody playing time! This is about money and ego for CR period. Ask a single college coach who won the 2020 XYZ Tourney and they will laugh in your face, they don't care. Its not a secret who the top clubs are and the top teams within those teams, coaches will be drawn to those teams regardless of who wins what tourneys. The top teams from those organizations have and will always put out a good product. Winning tourneys for these owners especially CR is about $$$$$$ and ego to flood those lower teams with false hopes of being on the top team and even then being in the upper half so you may get a chance to showcase your ability. So for those of that are posting saying you watched the team or are on the team know the reality it wasn't just the playoffs and championship game of which only half yes half the team played period. playing was not as drastic in pool play but it was cut immensely also. So just come out say we play to win period, its not about recruiting because the top 5-7 players will get recruited to top lax schools weather they play a full game or half. So ego and money end of story

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What started out as a promising new option for girls that wanted someplace other than TG or YJ to play now seems to be going down the path of Team ** this is what happens when a majority boys program decides to pocket more money by adding a girls program. First the blue team is ok as far as talent wise. Not a lot of studs maybe 3 total. They will not win any meaningful championships as they play in weak tournaments against much weaker competition. SL avoids them going up against Mnd, heroes and the other strong teams. He would rather chase YJ all around in hopes of one day beating them so he can be crowned the best on LI. Well it's going to take a lot more than the 3 players on that team to even compete with all the better teams. Look at who they are playing this weekend. Of course if they keep playing weak teams they are going to win. When they play and actually win against powerhouses then you're on to something other than that that program is mediocre at best. Greed coupled with low level talent at best And let's not talk about that awful Teal team. From what I'm hearing there are a lot of unhappy parents on both teams. This program is struggling to establish itself and cannot get even a little buzz going...Should be interesting going forward to see how this program survives, from the outside looking in it looks like buyer beware.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's OK to say legacy. And I'D be willing to bet you didn't just watch the game, your daughter plays on the team. Thanks for the update. Btw, I'm sure they will be contenders. No one is unbeatable, ever.
I guess it isn't ok to say that other team name??? Every other team is mentioned, why is that blocked out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you saw the M&D and Heros shorten games, neither one of those 2 teams uses the bench. Except for M&D that subbed one girl. heroes did not sub at all. they all had the " short " bench working as well. 13 girls on their team did not see the field either. It is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What started out as a promising new option for girls that wanted someplace other than TG or YJ to play now seems to be going down the path of Team ** this is what happens when a majority boys program decides to pocket more money by adding a girls program. First the blue team is ok as far as talent wise. Not a lot of studs maybe 3 total. They will not win any meaningful championships as they play in weak tournaments against much weaker competition. SL avoids them going up against Mnd, heroes and the other strong teams. He would rather chase YJ all around in hopes of one day beating them so he can be crowned the best on LI. Well it's going to take a lot more than the 3 players on that team to even compete with all the better teams. Look at who they are playing this weekend. Of course if they keep playing weak teams they are going to win. When they play and actually win against powerhouses then you're on to something other than that that program is mediocre at best. Greed coupled with low level talent at best And let's not talk about that awful Teal team. From what I'm hearing there are a lot of unhappy parents on both teams. This program is struggling to establish itself and cannot get even a little buzz going...Should be interesting going forward to see how this program survives, from the outside looking in it looks like buyer beware.

Not to mention how is the coach going to be able to help your kid get recruited?

Page 31 of 42 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard