BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 86 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He usually doesnt coach in the summer.

You must be new to the scene. He shows up at certain tournaments and if the team gets into the playoffs, rest assured he kicks the team's coach to the curb and then he takes over.

You really don't think he'll be doing that with his sons' team this summer? LOL.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be fair CM did everything he could to improve the performance of their 2020 Capital team over the Spring season. They probably played more games than they would have in HoCo and against fairly good competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing games doesn't necessarily mean one is having a better experience/education.

The weakening in Madlax's youth teams is a telling sign.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be fair CM did everything he could to improve the performance of their 2020 Capital team over the Spring season. They probably played more games than they would have in HoCo and against fairly good competition.

I would rather play the best competition(HOCO) instead of fairly good competition

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would rather play the best competition(HOCO) instead of fairly good competition

Here is the funny thing you guys are the guys who say teams need to practice more and work on skills more. And that is what CM did with this team. They practiced more then any Madlax team this spring and this summer they added some really good parts. I am not saying they will be top 10 team. But they have improved with this two prong approach by 50% for sure. He could of played HOCO AA this spring but I think this plan worked better for sure. And when I say worked better it worked better for this group of players. They have speed and size but most of this team are public school kids they needed the extra high level style of practice the elite teams have gotten in the private schools. I would love to bring this topic up in Aug. and lets see how they did this summer. I will put 100$ on them winning 65% of there games.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played teams from the Elite div in HOCO and teams that if they where from area would play Elite. Then they played teams from the AA div. So tell me again how they missed out big time by not playing Hoco AA this spring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless Madlax 2020 plays in two crappy Madlax tournaments, they are not winning 65% of their summer games.

Lol. You are such a homer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also got schooled by every HoCo team out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...and teams that if they where from area would play Elite.

Let me guess...MadLax Georgia, MadLax Arkansas and MadLax Mississippi Delta.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There schedule is on there site feel free to look it up. Then feel free to come back in Aug. to show me I am wrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"their", not "there".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"their", not "there".

That is the spelling my voice text uses. You may use your red pen and minus 2 points for each spelling and grammar error. in joy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax got spanked by all the top 2020 teams this spring. Here are the losses from the MadLax 2020 site: HHH, LeadingEdge, NextLevel, West Coast Stars, Looneys. The only teams MadLax 2020 could beat are the lower tier HOCO teams LaxFactory, VLC, and Cavaliers.
MadLax will get a wake up call when they compete in the top tier of the summer tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax got spanked by all the top 2020 teams this spring. Here are the losses from the MadLax 2020 site: HHH, LeadingEdge, NextLevel, West Coast Stars, Looneys. The only teams MadLax 2020 could beat are the lower tier HOCO teams LaxFactory, VLC, and Cavaliers.
MadLax will get a wake up call when they compete in the top tier of the summer tournaments.

I do not think they need a wake up call they are aware there team is not where it needs to be to be called Elite. That is why they added these 2 or 3 new players. They are good players and will make this team better for sure. They will play close games and hang with all the big boys this summer. I think they play the Crabs 2020 first game this weekend. So we will know real quick if the new kids help. But most importantly you make my point for me. They will be playing in the elite tournaments this summer. So let me know if UNC or JHU cares who wins the game between the Crabs and Madlax this Sat. I think they are looking at the players. So that is all you should ask for a chance for your son to be seen by the best schools playing elite teams. Sorry I am going back to beating that dead horse again. But lots of people have hard heads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but if your kiddo plays attack and the team never has possession, all they can do is evaluate how good they look in their new Madlax gear . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's worth the 12 month contract, though! Unless you leave ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but if your kiddo plays attack and the team never has possession, all they can do is evaluate how good they look in their new Madlax gear . . .

For the 1000 time there is only 3 teams in NOVA that play in the tournaments that matter. So try Blackwolf if they call you or try out for VLC and if those two do not work I will see you at Madlax tryouts. I think Madlax is a better option over VLC from 2018 and down but I am a Madlax homer. But if you think playing for any other club in NOVA not these 3 to be seen it is not going to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BW 2020 is wide open right now. They are starting with about four players. Do not wait for the phone to ring - go to the camp!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you seen BW 2019? Program is going downhill. They aren't successful poaching other clubs as they used to be ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you seen BW 2019? Program is going downhill. They aren't successful poaching other clubs as they used to be ...

20 years of high level play and top to great talent. Stick with a sure thing. Or keep checking to see if the grass is greener over and over again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The summer camp really isn't very good IMO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The summer camp really isn't very good IMO

My 2 sons have done close two 15 different camps over the last 10 years. All are over rated. Pay competent coach for one on one lessons much better results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many college coaches earn more income from camps and prospect days than in salary now. It is the one thing keeping their compensation above a living wage. These same events allow these same coaches to compensate the low or no salaried assistants an extra amount to bring it up to a living wage. My issue is that the universities should be underwriting wages -- or just cutting varsity lacrosse down to club. When rugby has its "NCAA Championship" for full or the 7s, nearly every team in the tournament is club not funded varsity. If lacrosse wants to be a private enterprise it should do just that and be one. A college doesn't need to pay a coach $100K - $200K+ to then have a coach use the fields and other facilities, insurance and other resources of the university as a private venture to pimp families under the guise of "recruiting". Especially at a state university where the coaches' salaries are from the wallets of taxpayers. Your son has only a slightly better chance of winning the PowerBall in his lifetime than getting noticed out of nowhere at one of these camps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many college coaches earn more income from camps and prospect days than in salary now. It is the one thing keeping their compensation above a living wage. These same events allow these same coaches to compensate the low or no salaried assistants an extra amount to bring it up to a living wage. My issue is that the universities should be underwriting wages -- or just cutting varsity lacrosse down to club. When rugby has its "NCAA Championship" for full or the 7s, nearly every team in the tournament is club not funded varsity. If lacrosse wants to be a private enterprise it should do just that and be one. A college doesn't need to pay a coach $100K - $200K+ to then have a coach use the fields and other facilities, insurance and other resources of the university as a private venture to pimp families under the guise of "recruiting". Especially at a state university where the coaches' salaries are from the wallets of taxpayers. Your son has only a slightly better chance of winning the PowerBall in his lifetime than getting noticed out of nowhere at one of these camps.

I agree unless a coach has talked to you or your club owner/high school coach about you and ask to see you at his camp/ prospect day it is a money grab. They ask the kids who are going to be signed to attend so they can say everyone who signs came to this camp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax results this weekend:

- 1-4
- Did not make playoffs
- -11 goal differential

- 3-2
- Lost in quarterfinals
- +9 goal differential

- 5-1
- Lost in championship
- +28 goal differential

- 1-4
- Did not make playoffs
- -23 goal differential

Club total
- 10-11
- +7 goal differential

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's not forget 2021 - 1-3, did not make playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok lets please put VLC and all there teams records up. Also say what tournament you are pulling the stats from. When you bash Madlax records you must stat a better option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems rather absurd to compare W-L records of club teams with high school age kids considering the variability in rosters week to week due to the kids having other commitments. I would be much more interested in which tournaments these teams played and extent of college coach attendance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems rather absurd to compare W-L records of club teams with high school age kids considering the variability in rosters week to week due to the kids having other commitments. I would be much more interested in which tournaments these teams played and extent of college coach attendance.

The top Madlax HS teams (2017-2020) play Adrenaline Platinum Cup, Big 4 and Crab Feast as first 3 tourneys. These are far and away the best tournaments in terms of competition and top D1 coaching attendance. You are correct in that team rosters can vary but for the most part I would say the top teams have over 90% of their primary roster any given week. As these kids get later into their HS years and more kids get committed it is important that these committed players continue playing to support those that aren't yet committed...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2018 just won the Pottstown tourney beating Crabs, Laxachuesettes and others--all the best teams were there and Madlax went undefeated....this team is phenomenal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is probably doing the best for college coach attendance of ALL of the NOVA/DMV clubs. They may lose but the 2020 and older players being given the opportunity to play in front a bigger variety than the other two clubs often mentioned for comparison.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is great. Hope the kids are studying as no money in lax. Merit pays more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC 2019 - 4-1
VLC 2020 - 5-0, won the championship
VLC 2021 - 4-1, lost the championship game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is probably doing the best for college coach attendance of ALL of the NOVA/DMV clubs. They may lose but the 2020 and older players being given the opportunity to play in front a bigger variety than the other two clubs often mentioned for comparison.

2018 Madlax team is definitely legit. 2020 is average, 2021 is less so - no superstars there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok lets please put VLC and all there teams records up. Also say what tournament you are pulling the stats from. When you bash Madlax records you must stat a better option.

Why does VLC always come up when no one mentioned VLC at all, they were just quoting stats?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There schedule is on there site feel free to look it up. Then feel free to come back in Aug. to show me I am wrong

You're wrong - we don't need to wait until Aug...LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC 2019 - 4-1

What tournament was this at sir. That is a major part of this list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC 2019 - 4-1

What tournament was this at sir. That is a major part of this list.

Different age groups played in different tourneys - older teams played in Baltimore Kickoff and younger in Hogan's. Just as wilth MadLax, you can always check their website - it's all there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC 2020 played at Hogan with the Maryland Xtremes of the world while all the big boys played Big 4 HHH

Even the Hawks didnt have their 2020 team at Hogan

Like Reply Quote
Page 48 of 86 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard