BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 46 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true All American recognition has never been awarded to a player outside of the top 5 teams? I mean it's really not a girls fault if she doesn't live in a specific zip code

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I hope LI can come together and root for each other this weekend. As for this weekend...does anyone know any of the upstate teams firsthand? The best I could do is to see how they were ranked.
In class A, WI is playing Pittsford and they won their playoff game 19-3 but they were ranked 13th in class A and WI was ranked 10th. Awaiting that winner most likely is #1 ranked Christian Bros Academy.

In class B, it looks like #1 ranked GC has a very good shot to win it all as they are playing 20th ranked Victor in the first round but Victor did win their first state game 23-9.

In C #3 Mount Sinai plays 19th ranked Honeoye, 12-7 winners of their first state game. Awaiting them could be #2 Bronxville. For the record, BBP was ranked #1 and CSH was ranked #4...yet more reason for the state to stop have Suffolk and Nassau play in the quarters!

The LI teams should be favored in all 3 semifinal games.

Class A Pittsford is very balanced and playes team ball. Their top3 scorers can be shut down and they can still beat you. Still expect WI to win but should be close. May come down to who consistently wins the draw. Pittsford's girl on the draw is going to Stanford and is very good. Regardless of whic team advanced I expect CBA to win it all

Class B - garden city should win it all. Victor can score in bunches and has a couple of girls going to top 10 DI schools. However, overall depth is missing and have a young couch.

Class C - repeat of 2015 finals which MS won 8-5. HFL has been in semifinals or finals each of the last 5 years. They have strong coaching and can dominate the draw. Goaltending is poor. scoring comes from 2 players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My High School plays Mt Siani every year. We have won once in the past 5 years. Do they grab their heads at times, yes. Is their coach tight with the lax community, yes. Outside of the recent BBP complaints about Siani I have never heard so much whining. Your kids got beat sorry live with it and come back next year with a game plan to change it. That is what we do in our community.

never heard so much whining? there's about 10pages of the same discussion on botc and video from last year with SP/CM pretending to tie their cleats (while actually tightening shooting strings) after every goal. nice try ms mom but those are facts and you're burying your head in the sand if you think no one remembers it.

Are you really that stupid? What is with your conspiracy theories? you really need help!
FYI - You can tighten your strings as much as you want until the ref tells a particular player that their stick is being checked! Know the rules! Can you be anymore desperate? Do you really think they won because their strings are loose? Do you think they may actually have just been a great team?

a small glimpse inside the mind of a cheater: not me, not us, check the rules, would it make a difference, we're a great team, blah blah blah

if it wasn't cheating then there would be no reason to hide the string tug with a shoe charade. you are kidding no one but yourself. pathetic loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh is done, graduating all studs , not making playoffs next year. it will be a while.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Wantagh is disbanding the team next year, due to no talent left.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh lost in the semis this year, couldn't have had that many studs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope LI can come together and root for each other this weekend. As for this weekend...does anyone know any of the upstate teams firsthand? The best I could do is to see how they were ranked.
In class A, WI is playing Pittsford and they won their playoff game 19-3 but they were ranked 13th in class A and WI was ranked 10th. Awaiting that winner most likely is #1 ranked Christian Bros Academy.

In class B, it looks like #1 ranked GC has a very good shot to win it all as they are playing 20th ranked Victor in the first round but Victor did win their first state game 23-9.

In C #3 Mount Sinai plays 19th ranked Honeoye, 12-7 winners of their first state game. Awaiting them could be #2 Bronxville. For the record, BBP was ranked #1 and CSH was ranked #4...yet more reason for the state to stop have Suffolk and Nassau play in the quarters!

The LI teams should be favored in all 3 semifinal games.

Class A Pittsford is very balanced and playes team ball. Their top3 scorers can be shut down and they can still beat you. Still expect WI to win but should be close. May come down to who consistently wins the draw. Pittsford's girl on the draw is going to Stanford and is very good. Regardless of whic team advanced I expect CBA to win it all

Class B - garden city should win it all. Victor can score in bunches and has a couple of girls going to top 10 DI schools. However, overall depth is missing and have a young couch.

Class C - repeat of 2015 finals which MS won 8-5. HFL has been in semifinals or finals each of the last 5 years. They have strong coaching and can dominate the draw. Goaltending is poor. scoring comes from 2 players.

Im confused as to how CBA is even in this when its a public school championship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Wantagh did win the counties last year but I didn't see them in Cortland and GC won from 1999-2002 and then from 2006-2012 pretty damn good and SWR won from 2007-2010 and again in 2012 that are state championships not counties. GC has won 13 state titles since 1995 and hopefully they win this year to make it 14.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My High School plays Mt Siani every year. We have won once in the past 5 years. Do they grab their heads at times, yes. Is their coach tight with the lax community, yes. Outside of the recent BBP complaints about Siani I have never heard so much whining. Your kids got beat sorry live with it and come back next year with a game plan to change it. That is what we do in our community.

never heard so much whining? there's about 10pages of the same discussion on botc and video from last year with SP/CM pretending to tie their cleats (while actually tightening shooting strings) after every goal. nice try ms mom but those are facts and you're burying your head in the sand if you think no one remembers it.

Are you really that stupid? What is with your conspiracy theories? you really need help!
FYI - You can tighten your strings as much as you want until the ref tells a particular player that their stick is being checked! Know the rules! Can you be anymore desperate? Do you really think they won because their strings are loose? Do you think they may actually have just been a great team?

a small glimpse inside the mind of a cheater: not me, not us, check the rules, would it make a difference, we're a great team, blah blah blah

if it wasn't cheating then there would be no reason to hide the string tug with a shoe charade. you are kidding no one but yourself. pathetic loser.

Keep them coming! You are killing me over here. Now you say rules don't exist if u refuse to look at them! Why would they pretend to tie their shoe to hide pulling their strings from the ref,when u can pull them right in front of his face? I know why, because it didn't happen! Come on buddy, what else do u got? this really bothers u doesn't it!! smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please it doesn't really matter how many D1 commits a team has or if a girl is going to Stanford or if the coach is young what matters is how they play as a team on Friday and Saturday the talent isn't as strong upstate look at the playoffs scores couldn't be anymore lopsided in A B and C then look at the playoff scores on the Island all very close competitive games from the 1st round on. If your following laxpower to get your facts they don't have a clue if the team is no longer in the playoffs it does not matter where they are ranked in the state and who they beat or loss too. This is the playoffs man get with it. The only thing that matters is who wins on Saturday June 11. Sweep it again Long Island!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure the BBP coaching staff didn't make a single adjustment during the whole game especially on the draw they were exposed in that area. Might also want to consider the fact they were all running around the fields of Philly and MS was practicing - zero preparation by the coaches and arrogance paved the way for a loss. Put the blame where it really belongs...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MS was just a better team on that day
Game over - get past it dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out coached. Again. Still?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayport Blue Point.... You parents got what you deserved, NOTHING. You are one of the worst behaved parents in Suffolk County. and MT Sinai you are a close 2nd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Wantagh did win the counties last year but I didn't see them in Cortland and GC won from 1999-2002 and then from 2006-2012 pretty damn good and SWR won from 2007-2010 and again in 2012 that are state championships not counties. GC has won 13 state titles since 1995 and hopefully they win this year to make it 14.

Yes we all bow to GC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh lost in the semis this year, couldn't have had that many studs.

Sorry your Team didn,t make it past the first round

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow this hurts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax everyone - playoffs are only one game and anything can happen, its high school sports !
LI has many great teams and players - thats why the colleges look at LI girls first.
Good luck to all the LI teams !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Nassau had their awards night last night. CONGRATS to all the girls that received an award. smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true All American recognition has never been awarded to a player outside of the top 5 teams? I mean it's really not a girls fault if she doesn't live in a specific zip code

Not true at all, first hand experience. Plus go on to the All American site and look at past rosters and you will see plenty of names from rather poor teams.
BTW, I know the selections went out for this year, when will the rosters get posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets all remember that whether a team is first or last..not in the playoffs...didn't make it past first round...in the finals, in the states...these are all young girls ranging from 13-18...they ALL worked hard during the season, they ALL put many hours of practice in, they ALL should be respected, and when they lose, they are heartbroken...it makes me sad to read all the negative comments about different teams, or celebrating that a team got what it deserves...if you're in the states, congratulations...you had to get past many talented young ladies to get there...if you're not...the better team won that day...attacking teams, coaches, players and parents does not change that fact..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets all remember that whether a team is first or last..not in the playoffs...didn't make it past first round...in the finals, in the states...these are all young girls ranging from 13-18...they ALL worked hard during the season, they ALL put many hours of practice in, they ALL should be respected, and when they lose, they are heartbroken...it makes me sad to read all the negative comments about different teams, or celebrating that a team got what it deserves...if you're in the states, congratulations...you had to get past many talented young ladies to get there...if you're not...the better team won that day...attacking teams, coaches, players and parents does not change that fact..

The Best teams are in the states. The programs with the most me first players are home watching. Too many are worried about personal accolades and finalizing their college athletic admission. Congratulations to the programs that see the big picture and embrace the team game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree with this more, too many parents, coaches and athletes forget this is a team sport. To still be playing this time of year you have to play as a TEAM. The best players I've seen dont just pad their stats but make the lesser players around them better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Best teams are in the states. The programs with the most me first players are home watching. Too many are worried about personal accolades and finalizing their college athletic admission. Congratulations to the programs that see the big picture and embrace the team game

WANTAGH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone with some knowledge explain to me why Christian Brothers Academy tuition $10,025 plus a $270 activity fee is playing in the NYSPHSAA when they are a Catholic Lasallian college preparatory high school? The only reason I can come up with is there is not enough teams in Section 3? Any other answers? Maybe our moderators can assist with an answer. Thank you in advance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same reason why Friends in Nassau and Mercy in Suffolk, they applied to the public league section they reside in and their section said ok.

I guess having them is ok with their section. I do not agree but that is what their section approved. No one cares about Friends and Mercy because they rarely win anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone with some knowledge explain to me why Christian Brothers Academy tuition $10,025 plus a $270 activity fee is playing in the NYSPHSAA when they are a Catholic Lasallian college preparatory high school? The only reason I can come up with is there is not enough teams in Section 3? Any other answers? Maybe our moderators can assist with an answer. Thank you in advance.

Yeah, what's up with that, we've got to put an end to this....if elected I will build a wall and keep out the inflow of Catholics......they bring nothing but trouble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, what's up with that, we've got to put an end to this....if elected I will build a wall and keep out the inflow of Catholics......they bring nothing but trouble.

I will be rooting for North Rockland a public high school playing in a public championship (NYSPHAA) so what if they have a few Hasids playing for them maybe a little payoff to CBA and they win. Oy vey,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same reason why Friends in Nassau and Mercy in Suffolk, they applied to the public league section they reside in and their section said ok.

I guess having them is ok with their section. I do not agree but that is what their section approved. No one cares about Friends and Mercy because they rarely win anything.

Exactly. If a team like friends actually had good players and good coaching and competed all of you would be complaining. Since their team and coaching is so weak, nobody cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would complain more about MC being able to combine two High Schools to fuels a team. When Centereach and Newfield combine they are the second highest in enrollment in Suffolk . If CBA is in Class A so be it you play who is on your schedule. Good luck to all of the LI teams that are on their way to Cortland!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would complain more about MC being able to combine two High Schools to fuels a team. When Centereach and Newfield combine they are the second highest in enrollment in Suffolk . If CBA is in Class A so be it you play who is on your schedule. Good luck to all of the LI teams that are on their way to Cortland!

Yes that's another one that I don't understand?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many Catholic schools across the state play the Public schools because there are not a high concentration of Catholic/Parochial HS schools.

Sect 1 used to have a few. but yes because they are not strong they are not viewed as a threat. The rule used to be as long as you didn't recruit. but who ever polices that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mc is home sleeping thou

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half Hollow Hills East and West High Schools combine for girls lacrosse, for Boys Lax they play separately.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Pittsford 7 West Islip 3 at the half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pittsfordleads WI 10-3 16 minutes left.