BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 70 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After seeing the teams last weekend, Channy, Outlaws, Tru-Blue and S2S, I would say that any of those teams could beat each other on any given day. None of them were substantially better or worse than the other. It should make for some good, competitive lax this summer!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
aside from the coaches asking the boys to literally not shoot the ball the entire 2nd half (which does nothing for either team or the game), what would you like them to do? he sat his top players as much as he could, passed the ball around, ran some plays for time. I mean really guy.
We got mopped up at Blatant in an A bracket and we didn't blame anyone. We brushed it off and moved on. I suggest you do the same.

So going back to the quote from before "That's their way. They get blown out by good teams so they keep their foot on the gas when they can beat others." You just backed that statement 100%. You're proving that they don't teach sportsmanship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you must be the express father that was SCREAMING at the kids on the field, made his own kid cry and yell back. What is that teaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do me a favor and look up the team, what they stand for and what they do for the community and what the organization stands for and what it teaches these boys. Enlighten yourself.
Bottom line is these coaches, parents, directors and boys and plenty of sportsmanship. To make a blanket statement like you did that this is how "we do things", based on 1 game, in 1 tourney where an express team was blown out is classless. We are playing this weekend in the A division if it makes you feel better. Have a great day and a great season.

aside from the coaches asking the boys to literally not shoot the ball the entire 2nd half (which does nothing for either team or the game), what would you like them to do? he sat his top players as much as he could, passed the ball around, ran some plays for time. I mean really guy.
We got mopped up at Blatant in an A bracket and we didn't blame anyone. We brushed it off and moved on. I suggest you do the same.

So going back to the quote from before "That's their way. They get blown out by good teams so they keep their foot on the gas when they can beat others." You just backed that statement 100%. You're proving that they don't teach sportsmanship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the tournament should tweak the registration application to ask what bracket you are entering the team under. The registration form only asks for graduation year and clearly states that scheduling requests will not be honored. The tournament directors place teams and schedule games. We are the third team so should have been placed in the C division

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do me a favor and look up the team, what they stand for and what they do for the community and what the organization stands for and what it teaches these boys. Enlighten yourself.
Bottom line is these coaches, parents, directors and boys and plenty of sportsmanship. To make a blanket statement like you did that this is how "we do things", based on 1 game, in 1 tourney where an express team was blown out is classless. We are playing this weekend in the A division if it makes you feel better. Have a great day and a great season.

no one is blaming the kids. kids go out on the field and want to play. what the organization stands for is commendable. no one has said anything to the contrary. you have already indicted yourself with "we got blown out so we'll do it to you" statement. it would have been as easy as telling the boys don't go right to the goal after winning a faceoff, or maybe complete 3, 4, 5 passes before shooting. you did neither. terrible.

kudos to the work the kids do for a good cause. you bringing that into the conversation is just trying to distract from the issue that the coaches pissed on the values you try to instill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you must be the express father that was SCREAMING at the kids on the field, made his own kid cry and yell back. What is that teaching?

No, my younger son was playing the same day so I had some time to watch. My 5th grader played later in A. He doesn't cry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did I respond with " we got blown out so we will do it to too?". did I miss that?
my point of that statement was that every team at one point or another has gotten blown out during a game or tourney. It's the way it is sometimes. I referenced it because your statement that it's what "we do" was off base bc your comment was on ONE GAME in ONE TOURNEY. Don't generalize these kids, coaches and org bc you got blown out 1 game. God forbid Express get blown out by an up and coming team, OH no!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The express team is a joke and some of the parents were nuts! We blew them out, get over it. We don't pick the teams we play the tournament director does. Go cry somewhere else. For the record we beat all the teams we played, so were obviously a stronger team all around not just against Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did I respond with " we got blown out so we will do it to too?". did I miss that?
my point of that statement was that every team at one point or another has gotten blown out during a game or tourney. It's the way it is sometimes. I referenced it because your statement that it's what "we do" was off base bc your comment was on ONE GAME in ONE TOURNEY. Don't generalize these kids, coaches and org bc you got blown out 1 game. God forbid Express get blown out by an up and coming team, OH no!

Maybe that wasn't your statement above that specifically said it's ok to blow out a team since it happened to you. Can't tell who is who with the anonymous posts. And correct, every tourney there will be lopsided scores no doubt
. And frankly who cares if it's express, team xyz or team 123. Do you not realize these are kids? How do you think they felt getting it rubbed in? My son is on a team where there have been games they were on there way to blowing them out, and the coaches specifically tell them no fast breaks, or move the ball around, 4 passes, etc. That's my point. Easy enough to do but they chose not to. And I also wasn't the one that made the "what they do" comment.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right, you moved on...right into a B bracket where the team could pummel everyone and pound their chests. How does Mamas Boyz learn anything from that? You get better playing better teams not beating a team 16 to 0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the tournament should tweak the registration application to ask what bracket you are entering the team under. The registration form only asks for graduation year and clearly states that scheduling requests will not be honored. The tournament directors place teams and schedule games. We are the third team so should have been placed in the C division

My kid plays on Icon so I didn't see the game that you are all talking about. We played Express and won by 2 (maybe that makes us a weak team since we didn't blow them out) the Goalie on Express played an amazing game (probably the best at this grade level I have ever seen) We won because we out shot them by a lot and there offense was all over the place. Since there isn't a C bracket not sure where you think these kids should be placed. If they don't have enough skill to be in the B bracket then they shouldn't be in tournaments. Maybe Express should have balanced out the talent across the million yeams they have better. The blowout isn't necessary and I hope our coaches would discourage it, but it is always going to happen. On to the next tournament. This one is done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid plays on Icon so I didn't see the game that you are all talking about. We played Express and won by 2 (maybe that makes us a weak team since we didn't blow them out) the Goalie on Express played an amazing game (probably the best at this grade level I have ever seen) We won because we out shot them by a lot and there offense was all over the place. Since there isn't a C bracket not sure where you think these kids should be placed. If they don't have enough skill to be in the B bracket then they shouldn't be in tournaments. Maybe Express should have balanced out the talent across the million yeams they have better. The blowout isn't necessary and I hope our coaches would discourage it, but it is always going to happen. On to the next tournament. This one is done.

This is not a slight against the players. They are 11 year old kids. This is about the parents and coaches. Most, if not all, Mamas Boyz play on other travel clubs. Many are on Empire Green, some former Bandits, Warriors, etc... They all play on competitive A clubs; therefore have no business playing in a B division. The parents are obnoxious and if the coaches had a clue then they would be able to get that team, with those players, playing competitively in A divisions. These posts shouldn't even be an issue but the coaches are just about winning and making themselves feel better. Get a grip. It's a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way that goalie was a 5th grader
Knowing Express they pulled home from an older grade....typical cheaters. And they still lost!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Genius - the tourney places the teams. Mamas is an A team. If you have an issue with how teams are placed, take it up with the tourney directors. And Express lost all 3 games, not just to Mamas.
Right, you moved on...right into a B bracket where the team could pummel everyone and pound their chests. How does Mamas Boyz learn anything from that? You get better playing better teams not beating a team 16 to 0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point is there are ways a coach can not run up the score on less skilled teams. Not talking rocket science here. Mismatches will happen every tourney for the most part, can happen in any bracket. I guess this was a charity tourney so they may not have balanced the match ups.

At no point did mama's coaches care enough to take the foot off the gas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thought of the Forsberg Tourney this weekend? Any good games predicted? The games look like they should be pretty competitive in both 5A and 5B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Knowing Express they pulled home from an older grade....typical cheaters. And they still lost!

So someone has a great game and it has to be something unscrupulous? Every team really has a kid that can go off on a good day. Score a bunch of goals, lock down d, make a bunch of saves, and it's cheating?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you bitter about it and automatically assume that, which by the way you are wrong. Can't you just appreciate it for what it was, a good game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great tourney for E3. Controlled the ball for over 85% of the time in all of the games. Only gave up one goal in each game. Big step up from last year. They are on the brink of a top 5 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great tourney for E3. Controlled the ball for over 85% of the time in all of the games. Only gave up one goal in each game. Big step up from last year. They are on the brink of a top 5 team.

must have been grueling keeping your stopwatch going all day to keep track of time of possesion. let the kids performance speak for themselves, if and when they play the top teams. viper and this charity tourney probably aren't good measuring sticks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on top 5. Express would beat them by 10+. The bandits by whatever they wanted to win by 15/20 + I would bet the Warriors would win by ten plays as well Stop putting unneeded pressure on them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you get rid of the mom on the sideline who has smoked one too many cigarettes and screams like a loon???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you get rid of the mom on the sideline who has smoked one too many cigarettes and screams like a loon???

E3 is top 5 now??? First Shore 2 Shore is the greatest team after playing in one tournament and now it's E3??? C'mon guys... You're new clubs. Just enjoy it and play some tourneys before you go yapping.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word going around from their camp is that True Blue is top A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue lost to the Outlaws, beat Express B by 2 and ties S2S. Far, far from the best team. I guess they need more than the 7 coaches they have on the sideline...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched game against S2S. S2S had the ball for 35 out of the 44 minutes. I have actually never seen a team play for a tie before - you would have thought they won the NCAA Championship the way they celebrated the tie!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue beat Outlaws - lost to Express ' B ' & tied Shore to Shore . They have never beaten an ' A ' team . Take it easy - they have improved but not there yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue lost to the Outlaws, beat Express B by 2 and ties S2S. Far, far from the best team. I guess they need more than the 7 coaches they have on the sideline...

LOL... Joecat is a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep the hate alive...its awesome..back in your shallow hole now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stir the pot up more...Who cares what they do..They played a couple decent games that was all. All the anger from former parents that realize TB has had good kids play there..As long as your happy where you are, why bother hammering TB or JC...save the poison for your own pool..Im sure you will find something to be angry about with MC soon enough..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like an Express parent or Igloo who came to watch..Angry birds

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see some 2023 sand bags at LF

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stir the pot up more...Who cares what they do..They played a couple decent games that was all. All the anger from former parents that realize TB has had good kids play there..As long as your happy where you are, why bother hammering TB or JC...save the poison for your own pool..Im sure you will find something to be angry about with MC soon enough..

No pot stirring here. Just can't wait to see how the new and improved True Blue A team keeps getting hammered in tourney's. Great strategy CR and JC came up with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue beat Outlaws - lost to Express ' B ' & tied Shore to Shore . They have never beaten an ' A ' team . Take it easy - they have improved but not there yet.

They lost to outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any given Sunday.
TB beat express. But TB lost to Outlaws. But Express beat Outlaws. What does it mean? Teams are close enough in skill that anyone can win. Parity isn't a bad thing. Long Island has lots of good youth lacrosse players. Shocker. Some 5th graders are better/bigger/faster now. But that doesn't mean they will stay that way. Some days they play great. Some days they stink. Inconsistency is part of being a 5th grader. And that's why there's no definite list of who's better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any given Sunday.
TB beat express. But TB lost to Outlaws. But Express beat Outlaws. What does it mean? Teams are close enough in skill that anyone can win. Parity isn't a bad thing. Long Island has lots of good youth lacrosse players. Shocker. Some 5th graders are better/bigger/faster now. But that doesn't mean they will stay that way. Some days they play great. Some days they stink. Inconsistency is part of being a 5th grader. And that's why there's no definite list of who's better.

Outlaws destroyed express previous two games by double digits this year. Yes, any giving Sunday, but express just got there 1/10 games win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How big of a difference is there between the 2 empire teams, 2 outlaws teams, 3 express teams, 2 true blue teams. Would you say the first teams are about the same, and then the next group is about the same?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How big of a difference is there between the 2 empire teams, 2 outlaws teams, 3 express teams, 2 true blue teams. Would you say the first teams are about the same, and then the next group is about the same?

Last summer from what I saw with my kid's team, HUGE difference between the two Empire teams. Better one is Green I think. Other one was white.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last summer from what I saw with my kid's team, HUGE difference between the two Empire teams. Better one is Green I think. Other one was white.

Correct

And Green made improvements so not sure why they are listed B at LF

Page 46 of 70 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard