BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,768
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 46 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for the NAssau vs. Suffolk girls championships?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
" But if you have to bring attention to it, if the brush isn't called, what do you do."

That is exactly the nonsense that these coaches use as code so they do not have to say fake it. If a kid grabs their head to bring attention to a brush foul because a ref did not call it then it should not be called.

I would go a big step further. The flopping/faking girl/team should be given a yellow card for unsportsmanlike behavior. And if a ref sees a girl tightening her strings right after the goal, the goal should be waved off and a yellow card assessed. Cheating should be met with swift and drastic consequences. It will stop quickly after. There ought to be consequences for the cheaters.

Agreed, but until that happens you will still have these issues! I hate the flopping , grabbing etc.. it is ridiculous, but I would call it gamesmanship NOT cheating! It would be cheating if the rules said you cant flop or fake getting hit in the head. The rules don't say you can't pull your strings! You will say that the player has an illegal stick, how do you know that? if its not against the rules, what do you have to lose if you pull your strings to make sure? Just like in hockey before the "flop" rule, Players flopped all the time, it was part of the game until the rule was put in! In baseball it was common to cut the ball or use vasaline to get better movement until the rule was changed. The bottom line is you can ride your moral high horse all day long, but every kid out there is guilty of a flop or a head bob. For all you BBP people, if you are so against cheating, then you should let number 17 know that you can't creep into a better position before the whistle blows. She was blatant about it and never got caught. (that actually is a rule). Bottom line is that the rules need to be changed and until that happens its really NOT cheating! I know it makes you feel like you REALLY didn't lose the game, but u did!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny thing about the BBP person is the are right in a way but got what they deserve. Sinai for years have been known as floppers and fakers. They grab their heads , fall to the ground, move after the whistle, pull their shooting strings etc. and the coach works the refs year round. Everyone knows this and the refs do nothing about it. In past years I had not noticed that so much with BBP and do not think their coach works the refs too much but must say that team has become a flopping ,grab your head etc type team and just got beat by a team that is better at it.
Not sure I would want to have my daughters team win a county championship that way , it in my opinion goes to your kids character. Exactly what are you teaching them when you employ these tactics.How is it sportsmanship when you beat other teams because they are playing man down because a kid fake grabs their head or flops to the ground every two seconds.

BBP completely plays to the refs, with as much flopping and acting as any team I have seen. It is not cheating, just manipulating the refs to get calls. Notice in tight games they get nearly all their goals off of free position shots. Their entire offense in tight games is purposely geared to generate free position shots, manipulating the refs. Their plays are geared to get 3 seconds, catch girls in shooting space, over reacted to defensive contact etc... to get the free shot. Again, not cheating, just not pretty lacrosse. They only start scoring live game goals when the game is out of reach and they are certain they overmatch a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is film now was it a flop a fake. What say the film.

Btw if a fake hit to the head close enough for a sphere call. And we all know those... Who, not me I didn't do it looks and pleads. There is no such thing as a brush. But if you have to bring attention to it, if the brush isn't called, what do you do.

Is it making a mountain out of a mole hill... Or... Just the last straw that broke the camels back. Either way if the "touch" occurred it is a YC.

Fyi... This isn't a if your not cheating your not trying statement. I just hate those guys that have never played/read/coached say let them play. Girls lacrosse is and has been filled with the whistle

So who is right

Just so you understand , you don't need to make contact to get a yellow card for a stick swing towards the head. It is purely up to the refs discretion.

I understand that, saw plenty of LI championships the last few years where that was called, but that is objective. A hit to the head whether a touch/brush is not. It may be missed live but not on film.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip
GC
CSH

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rules of Girls lacrosse clearly state 5 major fouls that have Mandatory Card written in them. They are:
Dangerous contact
Check to Head
Slash
Dangerous Propelling
Dangerous Follow Through

The officials have no choice but to card any if the above actions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip
GC
CSH

Good predictions but when was the last time GC won counties let alone a state championship? ESM will have to play a nearly perfect game. It's pretty easy to see who each team needs to shut down so the question will be can the offensive players not being marked get the job done. Defense is pretty equal on both teams. Many of these girls are travel teammates so there isn't the intimidation of "it's GC" they're all friends off the field. I am hoping for a good game in all three classes. I do think west islip will have the easiest win but anything can happen. Good luck to all the girls!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever wrote this is obviously a parent who has too much time on their hands. Mount Sinai is a group of extremely hardworking and talented girls and whatever grown adult tried to take this win away from them should be ashamed of themselves and grow up. How about BBP accepts the loss, loses the cockiness and works a little harder. There's always next year.. Probably not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever wrote this is obviously a parent who has too much time on their hands. Mount Sinai is a group of extremely hardworking and talented girls and whatever grown adult tried to take this win away from them should be ashamed of themselves and grow up. How about BBP accepts the loss, loses the cockiness and works a little harder. There's always next year.. Probably not

Agreed... Probably not. This was their year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have we spent enough time on the teams that are out
Let's concentrate on teams still alive

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In reference to the post of the refs warring GC uniforms and determine the outcome of the game - there is so much more why Manhasset lost. Some of the calls may have been suspect but GC also received 2 yellow cards during the game. Calls usually go both ways by the end of the game. The reason Manhasset lost was due to the poor coaching decisions from Manhasset not just during this game but also the season. It begins with NEPOTISM which cost the team a chance to move forward. The Manhasset coach took her niece on the varsity and made her a starter along with a few of her friends. Deserving? Doubtful. 3 of the first 4 goals scored by GC were due to the inept defense from her niece. She also threw the ball away during a clear directly to a GC player. Responsible for 3 goals scored for GC which was the real reason for the loss. Was she taken out? Nope. Mistakes happen but coaching is identifying the weakness and I find it hard to believe that a team such as Manhasset cannot find a player with more skill on their roster whether it be another midfielder or defender. Bad coaching and pathetic display of nepotism which amounts to stealing. The coach isn't even an employee or teacher for the school district. The Board and AD are turning a blind eye to this despicable display. The coach has won just one state championship in 11 years despite having multiple talented players year after year. So, is it the players or the coach? Have to say the latter and it's time for a change in leadership. I have mentioned the same thing on the boys side in Manhasset so it must be part of the fabric of this town. Very sad.

They were lucky to be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous-14
We will see you next year. BBP Girls are VERY STRONG for at least the next 5 years.

And BBP doesn't cheat to win.

They don't use "code words" from the sideline like "trigger" to tell the girls to tighten their stick pockets because they don't have to because they don't play with illegal equipment. (oh btw, he admitted that, and apologized for it)

BBP coaches don't train player to grab their heads on any check, or take dives trying to sway the refs.

BBP coaches don't use their outside relationships to influence the way refs call the game. (count the calls in that game, see if that is a balanced game between two comparably experienced teams) BBP coaches don't pull the refs aside before a game to let them know what things should be called and how--and if they ever do speak to the refs, they invite the opposing coach over to listen as well.

BBP Alumni players don't stand on the sideline an yell disgusting obscenities at the opposing team players. BBP parents don't go up to the opposing team players after the game and say, "That's what we felt like two years ago"... an adult to a minor...

BBP doesn't cheat to win. They do not pervert and twist the intention of game to win. They play the game the way it was intended. If you are going to teach 14 to 17 year old girls to cheat to win, and find loopholes in rules to win, and use referees to gain an advantage, that does not make you a great coach, that is someone who should really consider stepping down as a coach/role model.

BBP had an excellent year, with excellent players who played together perfectly with a perfect season. And no one player outweighed the rest --- look at the stats. That team will always be a beautifully perfect team, who had a game taken from them by some who choose cheating as an acceptable way to win.

I think you are the only one that would view that as perfect. Perfect is a state championship. They won nothing. Not a county, not a LIC and not a state. They made it to the playoffs and got bounced by a better team.

And if you don't think one player was better than the rest (substantially better!), then you are perfectly delusional. Not everything shows up on a stat sheet. When she's gone next year you'll see just how important she is. Other girls scored because defenses were focused on her and her alone. No one knows any one else on that team. Not a single name. Role players at best, and it was plain to see by everyone that has watched any of those games.

OMG. Enough already. Yes she's pretty good all around but I would rather have a kid that makes her teamates better... like the kid out east who has as many assists as goals playing the same damn teams. Get over yourself and her. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the BBP dad there decked out in all his BBP swag? You know, the little guy with the short military haircut and the thick, soda-pop bottle glasses? He ALWAYS cracks me up with his intensity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen to that!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last time GC won a state championship was 2012 …. not so long ago. Before that it was something like 5 or 6 in a row.
Garden City plays in one of the toughest divisions in the country during the year and plays an incredibly tough schedule all year, never shying away from a top ranked school. Having to get past Manhasset and Wantagh the last few years has been tough … both are/were top ranked teams with top ranked/recruited players. On any day, either team could have won. Case in point, the Wantagh Manhasset semi final game this year. Wantagh was 10 seconds away from a W, but one mistake cost them the game. Give Manhasset credit, they capitalized on that mistake and turned the game around and won. Manhasset then clawed back to tie GC in the final. It could have gone either way. All three teams have GREAT players. Only one team wins. This year it was GC, they proved to be the best, next year it could be different. Stop trying to find an excuse other than GC was better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In reference to the post of the refs warring GC uniforms and determine the outcome of the game - there is so much more why Manhasset lost. Some of the calls may have been suspect but GC also received 2 yellow cards during the game. Calls usually go both ways by the end of the game. The reason Manhasset lost was due to the poor coaching decisions from Manhasset not just during this game but also the season. It begins with NEPOTISM which cost the team a chance to move forward. The Manhasset coach took her niece on the varsity and made her a starter along with a few of her friends. Deserving? Doubtful. 3 of the first 4 goals scored by GC were due to the inept defense from her niece. She also threw the ball away during a clear directly to a GC player. Responsible for 3 goals scored for GC which was the real reason for the loss. Was she taken out? Nope. Mistakes happen but coaching is identifying the weakness and I find it hard to believe that a team such as Manhasset cannot find a player with more skill on their roster whether it be another midfielder or defender. Bad coaching and pathetic display of nepotism which amounts to stealing. The coach isn't even an employee or teacher for the school district. The Board and AD are turning a blind eye to this despicable display. The coach has won just one state championship in 11 years despite having multiple talented players year after year. So, is it the players or the coach? Have to say the latter and it's time for a change in leadership. I have mentioned the same thing on the boys side in Manhasset so it must be part of the fabric of this town. Very sad.
I wrote that post, and I absolutely agree with the notion that 'set played a sloppy game, and that G.C. played very well, and quite frankly I did not really care witch team won because along with Wantaugh I believe those three are the best on L.I. But you must admit that the referees seem to miss a bunch of call, or calls on one side of the field but not the other. Just a badly reffed game. In a one goal game referees could, and in this case did, decide the outcome of the game and that should never happen. Good luck to G.C. I will be rooting for them to the states.

They were lucky to be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All three teams were great. The refs were wearing blue and orange and pro- set all game though. Watch the game again perhaps your glasses were dirty.

GC
Manhasset
Want agh

By far were the best three teams in class B. GC seemed to me to have the best team chemistry. Wantagh....well we know how that worked out. Hope her friends got over the petty nature of the silent treatment by now. Manhasset was a good team with a couple great players.

For the complaining parent I'm assuming......your issues don't really stem from the coach I suspect that they come from your daughter sitting on the sidelines. Instead of teaching her to keep working hard and support her teammates instead you choose to point the finger at everyone else (coach, administration, ad, etc)

I myself will be rooting for the Nassau county champs this weekend!
Let's go massage qua!! Let's go GC!! Let's goooooooo Seahawks!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All three teams were great. The refs were wearing blue and orange and pro- set all game though. Watch the game again perhaps your glasses were dirty.

GC
Manhasset
Want agh

By far were the best three teams in class B. GC seemed to me to have the best team chemistry. Wantagh....well we know how that worked out. Hope her friends got over the petty nature of the silent treatment by now. Manhasset was a good team with a couple great players.

For the complaining parent I'm assuming......your issues don't really stem from the coach I suspect that they come from your daughter sitting on the sidelines. Instead of teaching her to keep working hard and support her teammates instead you choose to point the finger at everyone else (coach, administration, ad, etc)

I myself will be rooting for the Nassau county champs this weekend!
Let's go massage qua!! Let's go GC!! Let's goooooooo Seahawks!!!

last year was a suffolk sweep, 3 state champs, has nassau ever done that ??????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip should beat Maasaquewa by 6 or 7, maybee even more, that 8th grader is not scoring on that defense. and massaqueqwa has nobody to stop that all long island offense, going to be a BLOWOUT. and coaching goues to WI. lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen ... Let's go Nassau!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pick of the week

Bet the house on West Islip

other 2 games are toss ups

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip should beat Maasaquewa by 6 or 7, maybee even more, that 8th grader is not scoring on that defense. and massaqueqwa has nobody to stop that all long island offense, going to be a BLOWOUT. and coaching goues to WI. lol

This is a pot stirrer not a WI parent. Game will be a close one goal game. Anyone that has been here before knows not to trash talk two days before a big game. Nice try,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a pot stirrer not a WI parent. Game will be a close one goal game. Anyone that has been here before knows not to trash talk two days before a big game. Nice try,

Agreed. Especially west islip after their #1 ranked boys lost in the first round of the playoffs. They know nothing is a sealed deal. Good luck to all teams tomorrow. Hopefully Mother Nature isn't too much of a bi*#h

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pick of the week

Bet the house on West Islip

other 2 games are toss ups

Let's go Suffolk. Repeat!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both West Islip and Massapequa have balanced teams. I would give the edge to West Islip in this game because Massapequa's coaching staff makes horrible in game adjustments. Many times when they should have put teams away, they allowed them to get back in the game in the second half. They had a 9-5 lead on West Babylon at half and lost 11-10. Allowed Oceanside to hang around in the finals when they had a 9-5 lead. A lot of talent on both teams but I give the nod to West Islip getting it done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa went 4-5 on the season in conference… how does a team with a record like that get to they "A" LI Championship? Shows how much weaker the "A" bracket is than the B and the C.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's hope the weather holds out. Doesn't look too promising

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only in nassau is that true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau "A" is not good at all. Suffolk "A" is good not great. 4 decent teams and a bunch of ok to weak teams. 2 non league games for west islip 2 loses. B and C so much stronger. West Islip enjoy your gift

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI 6- M 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau "A" is not good at all. Suffolk "A" is good not great. 4 decent teams and a bunch of ok to weak teams. 2 non league games for west islip 2 loses. B and C so much stronger. West Islip enjoy your gift

I guess winning the LIC 3 yrs straight is a fluke???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk B not strong at all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau has been pretty bad for the last 3 years. West Islip lost to the 3rd best Nassau B team, congrats on 3peat...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC looks to be deeper and better than ESM at least in in the first half, but they are making a mistake in allowing ESM to keep it close. It looks like ESM really misses the injured player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any final in the ESM GC game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any final in the ESM GC game?

GC over ESM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU, need to get a life !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU, need to get a life !

YOU must be from ESM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI 6- M 4

Massapequa too one dimensional. The one kid only touched the ball in the offensive end two times the whole game.

And she didn't put up a point. West islip should have murdered them. Went in too confident

I expected WI to win, which they did but I thought the M goalie did a [lacrosse] of a job!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably some disgruntled MC parent yeah yeah that MC that was supposed to win it all the last two years who couldnt get past the Mighty Lions and there is no Nassau A league its a supposed super league and the only good teams in that super league are GC Man , Wantagh and Cold Spring Harbor and Suffolk A has WI ,MC and SW so there you go the Nassau super league has 4 good teams and Suffolk A has 3 good teams. So far 1 super league team and 1 Suffolk A team goimg to the final four. Hopefully Mount Sinai will be joining them.

Page 39 of 46 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard