BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 72 of 327 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This talk about the YJ being the best club is laughable. The best club is Stars/Capital. Stars was in the previous two championship games with teams comprised solely of rising freshmen, unlike the YJ jackets who had rising SOPHOMORES.

Stars only goes to 8th grade, and then most of those girls go to Capital. If Capital had sent their 2015, they would have smoked everyone.

You are kidding, Stars/Capital sent their age appropriate team last year and they got beat pretty soundly by YJ 2014/2015. The 2015's have played the capital/stars 2015 team and beat them. Ask the coach(who is a real good guy) who's better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]mitchell field tourney is what it is, four or five 25 minute games, half the yj teams play each other at least 1-2 times. i agree with earlier post, tg has only been around 2-3 years and they seem to have caught yj already, especially at the younger ages - yj has an advantage with older groups, they were all playing together for years before tg was formed, so the likelyhood of them moving was very small, but many people were looking for an alternative and may have found it in tg and liberty, the younger yj groups are going to have all they can handle against those clubs going forward

I think you are correct about YJ TG younger groups 2018 and below but the Liberty teams below 2015 do not look to be very competitive and are not on same level with the other 2 clubs that you mention.I also believe YJ top team is still better then top TG team on younger level but that gap has been closed closed very fast and only a matter of time before a top TG team beats a top YJ team.

Liberty teams have won multiple tournaments in the 2016-2020 years. You can go to their website to see which ones. They draw strongly from Nassau County and are very competitive.

I think all three clubs will be great in the future, with YJs always having the edge as being the best until someone can beat them from Long Island. Hasn't happened yet. Let's hope the craziness ends with the 2015 year and we appreciate all the healthy competition. Good luck to all clubs, players and parents.

Liberty way behind yj and tg not even in same universe. Win tournaments yj and tg do not attend.

Then please explain below:

2014 Liberty wins Northern Rise, a big recruiting tournament. The YJs were there and were beaten (by another team). TGS were NOT there, so it seems TG was NOT at a tournament that YJs and Liberty both attended.

2015 Blue was not at Northern Rise this summer. They play Northern Rise in the summer as 2014s. In the fall is a different matter but you are talking about this summer.

To clarify Liberty 2014 won Northern Rise , Yellow Jackets 2014 Blue attended, If Y.J. blue was beaten by a club that Liberty then beat that means that by default Liberty was better that week even if they didn't play head to head. If you weren't good enough to beat a team that we beat then by default we we're better. 2015 won the tournament , they beat who was there. Thats like saying that because Y.J. 2015 blue won Lax by the Sea but it doesn't really count because Liberty wasn't there, I mean come on there we're no really tough teams at lax by the Sea. Easy win for you guys. Just congratulate Liberty for winning , Does it really bother you that they won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]mitchell field tourney is what it is, four or five 25 minute games, half the yj teams play each other at least 1-2 times. i agree with earlier post, tg has only been around 2-3 years and they seem to have caught yj already, especially at the younger ages - yj has an advantage with older groups, they were all playing together for years before tg was formed, so the likelyhood of them moving was very small, but many people were looking for an alternative and may have found it in tg and liberty, the younger yj groups are going to have all they can handle against those clubs going forward

I think you are correct about YJ TG younger groups 2018 and below but the Liberty teams below 2015 do not look to be very competitive and are not on same level with the other 2 clubs that you mention.I also believe YJ top team is still better then top TG team on younger level but that gap has been closed closed very fast and only a matter of time before a top TG team beats a top YJ team.

Liberty teams have won multiple tournaments in the 2016-2020 years. You can go to their website to see which ones. They draw strongly from Nassau County and are very competitive.

I think all three clubs will be great in the future, with YJs always having the edge as being the best until someone can beat them from Long Island. Hasn't happened yet. Let's hope the craziness ends with the 2015 year and we appreciate all the healthy competition. Good luck to all clubs, players and parents.

Liberty way behind yj and tg not even in same universe. Win tournaments yj and tg do not attend.

Then please explain below:

2014 Liberty wins Northern Rise, a big recruiting tournament. The YJs were there and were beaten (by another team). TGS were NOT there, so it seems TG was NOT at a tournament that YJs and Liberty both attended.

2015 Blue was not at Northern Rise this summer. They play Northern Rise in the summer as 2014s. In the fall is a different matter but you are talking about this summer.

To clarify Liberty 2014 won Northern Rise , Yellow Jackets 2014 Blue attended, If Y.J. blue was beaten by a club that Liberty then beat that means that by default Liberty was better that week even if they didn't play head to head. If you weren't good enough to beat a team that we beat then by default we we're better. 2015 won the tournament , they beat who was there. Thats like saying that because Y.J. 2015 blue won Lax by the Sea but it doesn't really count because Liberty wasn't there, I mean come on there we're no really tough teams at lax by the Sea. Easy win for you guys. Just congratulate Liberty for winning , Does it really bother you that they won.

Liberty? Does anyone here really care except this poster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This talk about the YJ being the best club is laughable. The best club is Stars/Capital. Stars was in the previous two championship games with teams comprised solely of rising freshmen, unlike the YJ jackets who had rising SOPHOMORES.

Stars only goes to 8th grade, and then most of those girls go to Capital. If Capital had sent their 2015, they would have smoked everyone.

You are kidding, Stars/Capital sent their age appropriate team last year and they got beat pretty soundly by YJ 2014/2015. The 2015's have played the capital/stars 2015 team and beat them. Ask the coach(who is a real good guy) who's better.

Wrong. The YJ won the game last year soundly (as they should, since they were older). Two years ago, Stars sent a team entirely stocked with rising 9th graders (Class of 2014), whereas YJ was a team of Rising Sophomores.

Last year, only a few girls from that 2014 class who had moved on to Capital were there, maybe 5-7. It was basically a 2015 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is the reason every one hates you club. All you nasty Yellow Jacket parents think your so much better than every one els. We may not win as much as your girls but at least we're good people, unlike you people

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone needs to take a breath. All yj parents are not nuts and their daughters are not thugs. Both liberty and tg are excellent clubs as is yj. I am a yj parent my daughter is not on 2015 blue "A" team. But a friends daughter is and he is a decent honest man he saw the play where the young lady got hurt in Fla . He said it was a bigger player against a smaller player. Not dirty just an accident. I would like the link to see the play. I do resent the girls being called dirty. My daughter has played for yj for a couple of years no yellow no reds no dirty coaching. I would like some intelligent conversation besides the name calling and sarcasm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone needs to take a breath. All yj parents are not nuts and their daughters are not thugs. Both liberty and tg are excellent clubs as is yj. I am a yj parent my daughter is not on 2015 blue "A" team. But a friends daughter is and he is a decent honest man he saw the play where the young lady got hurt in Fla . He said it was a bigger player against a smaller player. Not dirty just an accident. I would like the link to see the play. I do resent the girls being called dirty. My daughter has played for yj for a couple of years no yellow no reds no dirty coaching. I would like some intelligent conversation besides the name calling and sarcasm.

Thanks for your post. The injury previously talked about was in NJ at National Draw and was no accident but I get your point and agree to an extent. There are many many more instances that cause some to use words like dirty or thuggish. I am not one and would disagree with labeling an entire club as such and would never single out one or two girls by name BUT there are those that do not play clean. That should be addressed and fixed and not glossed over only to continue. I know many YJ players and several are my daughters HS team mates and they and their parents are great people. I wish the same as you...some intelligent conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems to me the only people calling names and being nasty are Yellow Jackets. One has to wonder about the integrity of any family that willingly joins an organization, and remains in an organization that allows, and keeps members like the guy that made the Liberty post. Children are products of there parents so I can only imagine what that guys daughter is like if he's that much of an [lacrosse]. Quite frankly you seem to have a bunch of parents like that, so I guess you have a lot of players like that too. Before you go spouting off on how all parents and players aren't assess and thugs and we shouldn't judge you remember you chose to join the Jackets, and you continue to stay as members, so you must enjoy the company of these people so what does that say about you. Birds of a feather. Enjoy your winning we all know your better than everyone els, and we are all insignificant in the shadow of the all mighty Yellow Jackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems to me the only people calling names and being nasty are Yellow Jackets. One has to wonder about the integrity of any family that willingly joins an organization, and remains in an organization that allows, and keeps members like the guy that made the Liberty post. Children are products of there parents so I can only imagine what that guys daughter is like if he's that much of an [lacrosse]. Quite frankly you seem to have a bunch of parents like that, so I guess you have a lot of players like that too. Before you go spouting off on how all parents and players aren't assess and thugs and we shouldn't judge you remember you chose to join the Jackets, and you continue to stay as members, so you must enjoy the company of these people so what does that say about you. Birds of a feather. Enjoy your winning we all know your better than everyone els, and we are all insignificant in the shadow of the all mighty Yellow Jackets.

It's spelled ELSE not els. All your posts are identified by the guy who can't spell else. Hahahahaah.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sorry, but I must disagree. How all kids and their parents could be judged this way is amazing to me. How the actions of a couple can be a measuring stick for 700-800 kids and their families is extremely unfair. My daughter plays for the yellow jackets on a younger team. I have never seen any of these actions with her team or any team in her age group. I have never seen the older girls play and have never met their parents. So why should I be judged as such? Yes, we could bring her to another organization. But she's having fun. She loves the coaches and the kids on the team. We have gone on her tournament trips and have had a wonderful time on the sidelines with parents on the other team. Many of which commented that they were told that the Yellow Jacket parents were crazy and wouldn't converse with an opponent. I'm glad we were able to show them that we're all not that way. My advice, and of course you can take it or leave it, is that you shouldn't judge everyone by the actions of a few. I'm also not going to move my daughter to another organization because of complaints about a team that I have absolutely no personal experience with. I'm sure that no one likes to be prejudged about anything in their lives. But, obviously it occurs. (Just read this thread.) All I can say is that I'm comfortable with the actions of my daughter and her team. If that were to change than we will move elsewhere. Until then, enjoy the rest of the summer and I hope to meet you on the sideline. (Of course that's only if these Long Island organizations could put aside their differences and actually play each other in a tournament. But that's for another conversation.)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so i guess the club you belong to is TG, are you saying SS and her family have questionable character also for being part of the YJ organization? your elitest, holier than thou attitude is comical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 1st problem with the 2015 Blue is they have 2 or 3 girls that play to run over and intimidate the opposing players.
# 2 is that the two coaches seem to ignore the chippy play because it works. The way it will stop it is when an opposing player targets one of the coaches kids or just retaliates and trust me it will end. Kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's be honest, Stars are rarely if ever mentioned in discussions about the "Best Clubs".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sorry, but I must disagree. How all kids and their parents could be judged this way is amazing to me. How the actions of a couple can be a measuring stick for 700-800 kids and their families is extremely unfair. My daughter plays for the yellow jackets on a younger team. I have never seen any of these actions with her team or any team in her age group. I have never seen the older girls play and have never met their parents. So why should I be judged as such? Yes, we could bring her to another organization. But she's having fun. She loves the coaches and the kids on the team. We have gone on her tournament trips and have had a wonderful time on the sidelines with parents on the other team. Many of which commented that they were told that the Yellow Jacket parents were crazy and wouldn't converse with an opponent. I'm glad we were able to show them that we're all not that way. My advice, and of course you can take it or leave it, is that you shouldn't judge everyone by the actions of a few. I'm also not going to move my daughter to another organization because of complaints about a team that I have absolutely no personal experience with. I'm sure that no one likes to be prejudged about anything in their lives. But, obviously it occurs. (Just read this thread.) All I can say is that I'm comfortable with the actions of my daughter and her team. If that were to change than we will move elsewhere. Until then, enjoy the rest of the summer and I hope to meet you on the sideline. (Of course that's only if these Long Island organizations could put aside their differences and actually play each other in a tournament. But that's for another conversation.)

Thanks for your post. The injury previously talked about was in NJ at National Draw and was no accident but I get your point and agree to an extent. There are many many more instances that cause some to use words like dirty or thuggish. I am not one and would disagree with labeling an entire club as such and would never single out one or two girls by name BUT there are those that do not play clean. That should be addressed and fixed and not glossed over only to continue. I know many YJ players and several are my daughters HS team mates and they and their parents are great people. I wish the same as you...some intelligent conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so i guess the club you belong to is TG, are you saying SS and her family have questionable character also for being part of the YJ organization? your elitest, holier than thou attitude is comical.

We don't have that type of attitude. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 1st problem with the 2015 Blue is they have 2 or 3 girls that play to run over and intimidate the opposing players.
# 2 is that the two coaches seem to ignore the chippy play because it works. The way it will stop it is when an opposing player targets one of the coaches kids or just retaliates and trust me it will end. Kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet.

This is the problem. People will actually beleive the BS being posted on here and tell their kids to "Target" another child. It was only a matter of time until someone wrote something this dumb! Exactly why you shouldn't have discussions regarding 14 year old girls in a forum like this. Real productive! Great solution buddy! You should be proud of yourself! and the YJ are thugs! comical

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

This is the problem. People will actually beleive the BS being posted on here and tell their kids to "Target" another child. It was only a matter of time until someone wrote something this dumb! Exactly why you shouldn't have discussions regarding 14 year old girls in a forum like this. Real productive! Great solution buddy! You should be proud of yourself! and the YJ are thugs! comical [/quote]

I think we have pretty much established as fact that there are issues with the 2015 Blue LM team. The injuries attributed to that team, and only that team amongst all the 2015 teams on the east coast, stand as pretty strong evidence IMNSHO.

I'm going to split hairs and assert that the first poster referenced above did not advocate targeting the girls but stated that perhaps that would be the only thing to stop the cheap shots. I certainly hope no one targets anyone, including YJ's targeting the opposing team when they possess the ball.

It is wrong that the whole YJ club is getting tarred with the same brush as 2015 Blue LM, but I think if that particular team actually addressed what has been going on, or if the YJ org actually addressed it, if anyone actually OWNED the problem, then people would simmer down. Instead we hear a lot of denials and chest-beating from the YJ parents about how we're all just jealous haters. We are not, we are just parents who don't want our kids getting hurt by a team that operates outside the rules of good play.

It has been my experience that no one ever wants to play 2015 Blue LM, not "because they're unbeatable" but because the likelihood of injury is so great. That goes across club lines and outside of LI teams. No other team has that reputation of bringing the hurt. No other team has engendered so much antipathy. People want it addressed and ended. I believe US Lacrosse has been called on to address it, hence the tight calls at the U15 Nationals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the problem. People will actually beleive the BS being posted on here and tell their kids to "Target" another child. It was only a matter of time until someone wrote something this dumb! Exactly why you shouldn't have discussions regarding 14 year old girls in a forum like this. Real productive! Great solution buddy! You should be proud of yourself! and the YJ are thugs! comical
Yes I agree we shouldn't have discussions like this in an open forum, It would be horrible if a yellow Jacket got hurt and had to spend 6 weeks in a cast and had to get surgeries like those lesser girls from those crappy clubs like Top Guns, or Sky Walkers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T

Using your own words I guess you believe what's posted. There has been way worse things posted so I will guess you are new here. All of it doesn't matter anyway. It's just a group of people speaking their mind and I am sure you will agree most times I don't want to know what's on people's minds anyway. Lol. Everyone relax and enjoy the rest of the summer. Besides...it's football season now. Let's start a Jets vs Giants argument, at least they are not 14 or 15 year old girls (unless your talking about the Jets). Hahaha aha.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's be honest, Stars are rarely if ever mentioned in discussions about the "Best Clubs".

On this board, because it is biased towards LI teams. Stars/Capital is one of the best programs out there every year. And they don't have any thugs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I agree we shouldn't have discussions like this in an open forum, It would be horrible if a yellow Jacket got hurt and had to spend 6 weeks in a cast and had to get surgeries like those lesser girls from those crappy clubs like Top Guns, or Sky Walkers
Also if my kid leaves yj's for tg's and makes the black team, can she go back to yj's later. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also if my kid leaves yj's for tg's and makes the black team, can she go back to yj's later. lol
Why would you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sorry was I spouting or did I use the word [lacrosse]. You are a very small man. A guy like you who probably swallowed his pride his whole life out of fear finally finds his courage to attack people anonymously must feel good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I think we have pretty much established as fact that there are issues with the 2015 Blue LM team. The injuries attributed to that team, and only that team amongst all the 2015 teams on the east coast, stand as pretty strong evidence IMNSHO.

I'm going to split hairs and assert that the first poster referenced above did not advocate targeting the girls but stated that perhaps that would be the only thing to stop the cheap shots. I certainly hope no one targets anyone, including YJ's targeting the opposing team when they possess the ball.

It is wrong that the whole YJ club is getting tarred with the same brush as 2015 Blue LM, but I think if that particular team actually addressed what has been going on, or if the YJ org actually addressed it, if anyone actually OWNED the problem, then people would simmer down. Instead we hear a lot of denials and chest-beating from the YJ parents about how we're all just jealous haters. We are not, we are just parents who don't want our kids getting hurt by a team that operates outside the rules of good play.

It has been my experience that no one ever wants to play 2015 Blue LM, not "because they're unbeatable" but because the likelihood of injury is so great. That goes across club lines and outside of LI teams. No other team has that reputation of bringing the hurt. No other team has engendered so much antipathy. People want it addressed and ended. I believe US Lacrosse has been called on to address it, hence the tight calls at the U15 Nationals. [/quote]
forgive me if i am wrong, but aren't you the same guy who was posting how good and dominant the 2015's were last year in the fall tournament in NJ? No metion of any out of control play! just saying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sorry was I spouting or did I use the word [lacrosse]. You are a very small man. A guy like you who probably swallowed his pride his whole life out of fear finally finds his courage to attack people anonymously must feel good.

Really, your posts are useless and you really need to find more phrases. Small man....really? I will make some assumptions like you have. If you are a woman (God help your husband if you are) you love the "little man" comment so you must have some experience (God help your husband again). If you are a guy then that's pretty feminine. At some point make a post that is actually constructive. Btw... YOU are posting anonymously you coward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We've been with YJ for a few years and I must say that the behavior of some parents has gotten worse. This year I was dissapointed to see one of the mothers from a younger YJ team on the sidlines sitting in a chair with her feet up drinking beer out of a plastic cup like she was at a Jet/Giant game. Then to watch her stagger over to the next field to watch her daughters next game was sad. I hope this get addressed at next years team orientation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We've been with YJ for a few years and I must say that the behavior of some parents has gotten worse. This year I was dissapointed to see one of the mothers from a younger YJ team on the sidlines sitting in a chair with her feet up drinking beer out of a plastic cup like she was at a Jet/Giant game. Then to watch her stagger over to the next field to watch her daughters next game was sad. I hope this get addressed at next years team orientation.

Doubtful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On this board, because it is biased towards LI teams. Stars/Capital is one of the best programs out there every year. And they don't have any thugs.

So, take away the whole NY/LI bias. I don't think Stars/Capital would be top 3 in Maryland.

You're the one who originally Stars/Capital "the best club" though, you seem to have already discounted them to "one of the best".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not a YJ parent, but I am calling BS on this. The reason is that the almost identical post is posted on the TG Forum except it changes the person from a parent to a coach. Someone is stirring the pot on both forums.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not a YJ parent, but I am calling BS on this. The reason is that the almost identical post is posted on the TG Forum except it changes the person from a parent to a coach. Someone is stirring the pot on both forums.

I agree. Plus there is nothing wrong with a beverage as long as it is handled properly. Plastic cup and in limitation. IMHO if there was a parent who had a few too many it won't be the first time and bringing it up here is just stupid. I am sure her family, friends and club addressed it if it is true. Let this one go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Plus there is nothing wrong with a beverage as long as it is handled properly. Plastic cup and in limitation. IMHO if there was a parent who had a few too many it won't be the first time and bringing it up here is just stupid. I am sure her family, friends and club addressed it if it is true. Let this one go.

This was posted on the TG thread.

"We've been with TG for a few years and I must say that the behavior of some coaches has gotten worse. This year I was dissapointed to see one of the coaches from a younger TG tteam on the sidlines sitting in a chair with his feet up drinking beer out of a plastic cup like he was at a Jet/Giant game. Then to watch him stagger over to the next game to watch his sisters next game was sad. I hope this get addressed at next years team orientation."

Same poster....Duh. What an idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What date was the TG post?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a YJ parent trying to cover her butt. Been looking through the TG posts and can't find the one you say was copied.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, take away the whole NY/LI bias. I don't think Stars/Capital would be top 3 in Maryland.

You're the one who originally Stars/Capital "the best club" though, you seem to have already discounted them to "one of the best".

Stars/Capital are DC/VA kids - not MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DC is Maryland! Are u serious?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I must interject, when I first started on B.O.T.C. it was a site for people to discuss long Island lacrosse and I remember reading that someplace on the site. I know that through the regular course of events teams from other states get mentioned, but in my mind this in no way changes the purpose of the board witch is to discuss Long Island Lacrosse. It is not slanted towards Long Island, It was made for Long Island. I for one, will be happy to discuss other teams from other states, and enjoy and welcome seeing posts from parents from other states, but please don't confuse the intent of the blog. Quite frankly if there is any bias in media outlets that were supposed to be entire lacrosse community it is defiantly slanted twards the Maryland, D.C. area in Lacrosse Mag. They are very pro Maryland because it is published in Baltimore. Inside Lacrosse should be called Inside Male Lacrosse because they barely mention the girls game at all. So to sum up my opinion, Sage please dont expand the site to include Maryland and D.C. lets keep this one just for us Islanders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a YJ parent trying to cover her butt. Been looking through the TG posts and can't find the one you say was copied.

I get this is some sort of nock to a yj parent but I don't get it, explain?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think anyone ever said they were MD kids. OP came onto YJ thread and said Stars/Captial is "the best club" and would "smoke everybody". Was basically told they aren't close to the best, wouldn't be the best club in NY, wouldn't be the best club in MD.

Maybe everyone can agree that they're the best club in VA.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its 100 degrees on these fields, everyone uses their vacation time to travel to tournamants and essentially sit watching lacrosse all summer long. Nobady cares if there are a few drinks flowing especially not the owners from ANY OF THESE TRAVEL CLUBS. They want the money and not the conflict. This really isnt a big deal when you think of the thousands of people you see at these tournaments every weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DC is Maryland! Are u serious?

Maybe you should buy a map. DC is not Maryland. Stars/Capital guys are from Northern Virginia, with a few from DC or Montgomery County, MD. That is not the same as girls from Baltimore, Annapolis, Howard County, etc. LOL - are YOU serious?

Like Reply Quote
Page 72 of 327 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard