BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 86 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who won madlax 2022 game va Bethesda today?

Madlax won fairly easily from the score. They made the hoco playoffs and will play Crabs in the 4 vs 5 playin game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is there a playin game? Didn't Crabs have the #4 seed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks 1, DBacks2, 3 Team 9D1, Crabs 4, Madlax 5 - if the HoCo tie breakers are understood properly. Hawks and DBacks undefeated - Hawks has 1 fewer goals against. Team 9D1 and Crabs had same record (1 loss) but 9D1 beat Crabs and lost to FCA. Madlax snuck in the last day - kudos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next level has really improved since last year and added quite a few big guys to the team. They have held their own in the Hoco elite bracket so not a big surprise they beat ml. The leap from AA where madlax would have played to the elite bracket is huge. Any AA would be beaten badly by any of the teams in that bracket, including next level so madlax should be grateful they decided not to compete for a play in slot.

Next Level is bringing kids in with those sweet Bullets inspired DC Spartan Unis - glad they are ditching that hurting Michigan State look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks 1, DBacks2, 3 Team 9D1, Crabs 4, Madlax 5 - if the HoCo tie breakers are understood properly. Hawks and DBacks undefeated - Hawks has 1 fewer goals against. Team 9D1 and Crabs had same record (1 loss) but 9D1 beat Crabs and lost to FCA. Madlax snuck in the last day - kudos.

Think the question is, why the need for a play-in game when there was a clear #4 team. Crabs is 5-1 and Madlax 3-3. Why the need for a 5th team in this division. Other ages don't have 5. It would make sense if they were tied.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. Every other division has a Final Four. Why is there a playin between #4 and #5 in the 2022 division? Anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is play in game for all divisions that have odd number of teams. A way to give all teams at least one additional game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is play in game for all divisions that have odd number of teams. A way to give all teams at least one additional game

Burn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why? Even with odd numbers, everyone in that division played 6 games - same as teams in other even number divisions. Your explanation makes no sense.

Do you even know what a burn is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe HHH beat Madlax, but not sure about Madlax vs. Leading Edge? Anyone know...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why? Even with odd numbers, everyone in that division played 6 games - same as teams in other even number divisions. Your explanation makes no sense.

I burn is what is happening in your moms paints!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They way the league works is ALL teams get at least 7 games. 6 regular season and a "playoff" game. For divisions with odd teams the top 5 teams get to play for 1st place with 4 and 5 needing to win play-in to make the final 4. Then 6 and 7 play for 6th place, 7 and 8 play...Is there a reason you object to play-in or that the other teams play another game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They way the league works is ALL teams get at least 7 games. 6 regular season and a "playoff" game. For divisions with odd teams the top 5 teams get to play for 1st place with 4 and 5 needing to win play-in to make the final 4. Then 6 and 7 play for 6th place, 7 and 8 play...Is there a reason you object to play-in or that the other teams play another game?

No objection. Makes sense. Didn't know all the teams played an extra game. That's why I asked the question. Not everyone just comes here to [lacrosse] and complain. Some are actually looking for information.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't know either that everyone gets a playoff game. Weird, though, though to make the 4th team to potentially miss the real playoffs by playing the 5th. It would make more sense for the 8th and 9th teams play each other, with the winner playing the 5th team, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I burn is what is happening in your moms paints!!!!!!

Not sure which is worse: your sad attempt at a burn, or that you typed "paints" instead of "pants".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well now that spring is almost over. Where the 2020 parents happy with what Madlax gave them this spring? Looking at the website they seem to have played a good number of games and played some good clubs. And any word on if and 2020 studs are trying out this summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So happy--Madlax created a very nurturing environment where the boys could develop their talents against top-notch competition!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How'd 2020 fare against HHH and Leading Edge this past weekend in Philly?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So happy--Madlax created a very nurturing environment where the boys could develop their talents against top-notch competition!

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can not tell if you are being a smart a s s or not. But looking at it from the outside I think Madlax did close to the correct thing. I think they still should of played in AA and also found ways to play the games they did play. But I think this team with some new kids for summer can go out and win some games and be seen by some colleges.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How'd 2020 fare against HHH and Leading Edge this past weekend in Philly?

I really do not think the goals with this team are about the score. I think they just need to play well enough so these top teams invite the 2021 kids next year and the best players from this 2020 team will still get there looks the deserve. And that is one thing that can not be argued yet. Even when one of the Madlax age groups are not top 10 they get to play the top ten and that is worth something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

Really for the love of god let this die. I punched a guy in a bar 4 years ago. Was it the correct thing to do no. Was it bad yes. Does the guy come to my house every 3 months and punch me back. AHHHH NO. Please do not bring this crap up again unless you have another thread of emails/phone calls from the Madlax owner that have a 2016 time stamp on them. Oh and also when you find these emails from 2016 please include your emails to him provoking him to act up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you don't have a score from this play day in Philly?

I get what you are saying though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given that he is contacting kids after tryouts, trying to get them to reconsider Madlax, I'd say he's back to his old tricks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Madlax coach sent a nasty email because a kid switched to VLC. That is bad and shows a lack of character.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That one is never going to die....Maddux screwed the pooch on that one and he can never take it back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The deadspin email was not an isolated thing. He has been doing/saying stuff like that for years to anyone. He loves to napalm relationships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really for the love of god let this die. I punched a guy in a bar 4 years ago. Was it the correct thing to do no. Was it bad yes. Does the guy come to my house every 3 months and punch me back. AHHHH NO. Please do not bring this crap up again unless you have another thread of emails/phone calls from the Madlax owner that have a 2016 time stamp on them. Oh and also when you find these emails from 2016 please include your emails to him provoking him to act up.

Madlax dad getting in a bar fight surprises no one. That my friends are why people don't want to play with MadLax anymore, and exactly the type of people who support MadLax. Bring it up all the time people, just not in a bar where this scumbag will hit you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what "type" are you as you anonymously smear people you have never met and do not know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That one is never going to die....Maddux screwed the pooch on that one and he can never take it back.

Our son was on that team and we know that family all too well. No class to not call or note to Maddox that they were changing teams in the middle of the annual cycle, which was unusual considering annual tryouts were in early fall then. It was also he week before the summer season. No phone call, no email and no responses to multiple emails and messages over several weeks. Madlax practiced at the field where that kid went to school. This narrative is horrendously whitewashed. Maddox was a petulant child and he is a jerk. But the parents on the other side were diabolical and self serving. Maddox had scholarshipped the club fees for that kid for years and lined him up with showcase invites. As a parent, I think the least people can do is be forthright and honest with people and teach the same to their kids. Here, that was not the case. This just as easily could have been and still could be a deadspin article about the worst lacrosse parents in the world as it was one about the worst of all lacrosse club owners.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our son was on that team and we know that family all too well. No class to not call or note to Maddox that they were changing teams in the middle of the annual cycle, which was unusual considering annual tryouts were in early fall then. It was also he week before the summer season. No phone call, no email and no responses to multiple emails and messages over several weeks. Madlax practiced at the field where that kid went to school. This narrative is horrendously whitewashed. Maddox was a petulant child and he is a jerk. But the parents on the other side were diabolical and self serving. Maddox had scholarshipped the club fees for that kid for years and lined him up with showcase invites. As a parent, I think the least people can do is be forthright and honest with people and teach the same to their kids. Here, that was not the case. This just as easily could have been and still could be a deadspin article about the worst lacrosse parents in the world as it was one about the worst of all lacrosse club owners.

Thank you for this post. I hope others read and spread this side of the story out to all the parents that are only hearing the one side of this old crappy overblown story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax dad getting in a bar fight surprises no one. That my friends are why people don't want to play with MadLax anymore, and exactly the type of people who support MadLax. Bring it up all the time people, just not in a bar where this scumbag will hit you.

I really did not get in a fight bar fight 4 years ago. I used it as a example that people make mistakes and do things they wish they could take back. But the Madlax owner hit no one he wrote a mean email. And the club has to hear and deal with it 4 years later like he beat a guy to a bloody mess. Can anyone on here even come up with a story of anyone being mean or talking bad to you from 4 years ago. And if you can do you feel the need to find that person and try to destroy his Business?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for this post. I hope others read and spread this side of the story out to all the parents that are only hearing the one side of this old crappy overblown story.

The fact that the parents were terrible does not justify the behavior of the club owner. People pay him thousands of dollars a year. Everyone knows both sides of the story. It doesn't make his actions justified. Also, everyone knows this was not an isolated incident. You are obviously on some crusade to get people back to madlax, but sometimes there's no fixing things. You can't just tell people to ignore the past. It happened. And there are better options out there where dealing with Cabell is not part of the deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that the parents were terrible does not justify the behavior of the club owner. People pay him thousands of dollars a year. Everyone knows both sides of the story. It doesn't make his actions justified. Also, everyone knows this was not an isolated incident. You are obviously on some crusade to get people back to madlax, but sometimes there's no fixing things. You can't just tell people to ignore the past. It happened. And there are better options out there where dealing with Cabell is not part of the deal.

Every post I post is in response to one of you jerks who can not get over it. He wrote some bad emails he gets upset when you leave his program. Sounds like he cares. And if there is so many better options you always talk about then you should spend no time out of your day trying to point out bad things about Madlax. And anyone who thinks any club based in VA. not Blackwolf or VLC is better then Madlax is completely wrong. And we can argue that Madlax is better then those two at some grade levels. I get upset because I see people go to these other crappy clubs not named here because some Jerk told them how evil Madlax was. I just saw a guy who spent years bashing Madlax and VLC because his older son could not or did not make there teams. But this year just put his younger better son on a VLC team. I just get upset to see great players on crappy clubs because some mom listened to a blow hard like you telling her that Madlax was evil and the owner will eat your children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you please show some proof of his evil behavior in the year of 2015 or 2016 thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your reply is a joke. Even if the parents were the worst parents in the world (and they aren't), nothing justifies threatening a kid and his family. He told them he would get them blackballed from college coaches (which is pathetic and untrue), that it would affect him at his school (which is pathetic and untrue.

They are the customer. They have a right to leave whenever they wish. They don't owe him anything, especially if the kid wasn't happy there anymore. The club may have scholarshiped the kid (as all the clubs do), but that is the club's choice and obviously he did it because he wanted the kid.

You have no idea how the parents handled it. If you read the emails, they didn't fight over Madlax's laughable academy fees . We do, however, know how the owner handled it. And he has done similar things to many other families.

Pretty sad you have to slur the parents with "still could be a deadspin article about the worse lacrosse parents in the world". There are many terrible people in lacrosse, but that family is not the worst. But the owner is and that's why his teams are starting to spiral downward. Why do you think so few Landon families are playing for Madlax now? Many held their nose and played for Madlax because they thought it was the best option despite the owner's lack of morals. Now many top kids are playing for BW, VLC, Crabs and NL and getting a better experience, paying less and not having to feel bad about giving that guy their money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you please show some proof of his evil behavior in the year of 2015 or 2016 thank you.

Like throwing a temper tantrum because his team was not in 2020 elite and to punish the league, withdrew his team? Only thing that did was to further fuel the fire and hurt the kids. The team would not have been able to compete and the were given a chance for a play in and bagged on the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every post I post is in response to one of you jerks who can not get over it. He wrote some bad emails he gets upset when you leave his program. Sounds like he cares.

1. So if someone has their own opinion about Madlax that differs from yours, that means the guy is a jerk?

2. He wrote that the kid's Madlax teammates hate him now (what kind of adult writes that?) He said he would tell his future HS coach how terrible the kid and family are. He said he would tell college coaches how awful they are.

Not really sure he sounds like he cares. Unless you are giving him money.

Look at his recruiting service. He actually charges people to talk to college coaches. That's not what I call caring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about the kids who tried out for his teams last fall, got selected but opted for other clubs, and then received text on their phones telling them that their clubs were no good and that they had to play Madlax if they wanted to be the best?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have personal experience from 2015 when my son left the club. What would be the point of providing proof of the emails and texts? So you can call me a "jerk" for having the audacity to expose Cabell for what he is? No thanks. All I can say is caveat emptor.

Like Reply Quote
Page 46 of 86 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard