BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 86 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While Madlax had lesser HS teams than the other two, they had a grip on the youth market. Based on what's been written here about their 2020 and 2021 teams, it sounds like that grip is slipping.

There are better alternatives out there and I guess more families realize Madlax is not the only game in town for youth.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
While Madlax had lesser HS teams than the other two, they had a grip on the youth market. Based on what's been written here about their 2020 and 2021 teams, it sounds like that grip is slipping.

There are better alternatives out there and I guess more families realize Madlax is not the only game in town for youth.

No that is my point the other two have bad to avg youth teams also. So its a NOVA youth Talent level not the club or clubs. Or is its the clubs fault for not making the kids better players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2024 has a teenager on the team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2024 has a teenager on the team!

Sweet at least we know this years team will be winning some games. I really wish the 2020 and 2021 team could get some more reclassed kids. We need the help at those ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Madlax 2020 parents are just paying full price for practices only? LOL.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are playing next level , Loonies, West Coast stars, and one other team and playing HHH and another team in a play day. So they are missing out on 2 maybe less games compared to the HOCO guys. Not perfect but no where near a total lose of a spring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are playing next level , Loonies, West Coast stars, and one other team and playing HHH and another team in a play day. So they are missing out on 2 maybe less games compared to the HOCO guys. Not perfect but no where near a total lose of a spring

You do realize that the other teams play scrimmages outside of HOCO also?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
General question - Is it better to be a backup on a top tier team like Madlax / BLC / Blackwolf and play only when leading by a lot? Or playing more on a second tier team like Next Level / Cav Lax but starting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
General question - Is it better to be a backup on a top tier team like Madlax / BLC / Blackwolf and play only when leading by a lot? Or playing more on a second tier team like Next Level / Cav Lax but starting?

Depends on the quality of the coach and number and quality of practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on the quality of the coach and number and quality of practices.

It depends on what year your kid is because most of those 2nd tier teams play in crap money grab tournaments in the 8th to 11 th grade range. So it's better to play less but on the correct field/ tournament. Works the same as if you play on the same high school team as the number 1 rated QB in the country.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize that the other teams play scrimmages outside of HOCO also?

I agree it's not great but not a total waste of spring. And I hear all you guys complaining about the lack of practice and how club ball needs to focus more on practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 parents here. We are not pleased and are not alone. Not what was represented to us when we paid our fee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 parents here. We are not pleased and are not alone. Not what was represented to us when we paid our fee.

Well if you parents had done a better job of recruiting the best 2020 kids to come and play for Madlax like the 2018 and 2019 parents did you would have a better team and be playing in the Elite bracket. There are kids on these crappy 2020 teams you need to go to the parents of these kids and get them to play for Madlax. If you do not want to do this, deal with the team you have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if you find a player that is really good I know for a fact Madlax leaders will reduce the fee for this kid. So get out there and recruit or shut up and stop crying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you parents had done a better job of recruiting the best 2020 kids to come and play for Madlax like the 2018 and 2019 parents did you would have a better team and be playing in the Elite bracket. There are kids on these crappy 2020 teams you need to go to the parents of these kids and get them to play for Madlax. If you do not want to do this, deal with the team you have.

Don't you get tired of posting the same thing day after day?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well I will stop when it stops being true. Everyone knows its the other parents that recruit the better kids to come play for their clubs. So yes Madlax dropped the ball with 2020 this spring, all I am asking is what 2020 club is any good in NOVA and I am asking the parents what have you done to get better players to play for Madlax 2020 team. Its a bad age for NOVA sorry but true. You all have to take it into your own hands and fix it or just shut up and wait for high school ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well I will stop when it stops being true. Everyone knows its the other parents that recruit the better kids to come play for their clubs. So yes Madlax dropped the ball with 2020 this spring, all I am asking is what 2020 club is any good in NOVA and I am asking the parents what have you done to get better players to play for Madlax 2020 team. Its a bad age for NOVA sorry but true. You all have to take it into your own hands and fix it or just shut up and wait for high school ball.

No it only take a couple minutes. I am still waiting for a real answer to the problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go play in Maryland!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no area wide problem. Madlax is just seeing now that the top kids are not automatically going to them any more. That happened years ago in HS and they are seeing it at the youth level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me share this. At the tryout for a previous fall season, Madlax had the opportunity to have two of the better players in the area. The owner decided not to attend that tryout. I personally tried to talk to the person that he left in charge about trying to 'schmooze' with the players and make a good impression. He stayed in the tent and blew it off.

Those two players went elsewhere and will not return. The head of Madlax reached out to one of the players a few months later but it was too late.

I do not blame the remaining parents - what is their incentive for recruiting? There is at least one person who should have been marketing his program. I can guarantee that these two players would have made an impact on the current team and possibly helped recruit additional players.

There is your answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it only take a couple minutes. I am still waiting for a real answer to the problem.

LOL. The real answer to the problem is look in the mirror. You posting this b.s. that kids should join Madlax won't convince anyone. It isn't the parents job to go recruit kids; the club, the coaches and their level of play and competition should take care of that. If you want to whine at anyone, take it to Maddux. He is a MATERIAL REASON why kids don't play for Madlax, for the simple fact that parents know his character and M.O.

I've seen the level of talent on the field, know several of the parents/kids, and won't be surprised come Fall you see a talent drain. Spin however you want, not playing in HoCo was purely driven by ego and how Maddux wants to position his 2020 club as "elite" when it is obvious they've still got work to do to reach that level.

But keep banging the Madlax drum; good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go play in Maryland!

I think this is the answer some are trying/doing. You see the the sweetlax team 2019 has 2 or 3 VA kids on the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me share this. At the tryout for a previous fall season, Madlax had the opportunity to have two of the better players in the area. The owner decided not to attend that tryout. I personally tried to talk to the person that he left in charge about trying to 'schmooze' with the players and make a good impression. He stayed in the tent and blew it off.

Those two players went elsewhere and will not return. The head of Madlax reached out to one of the players a few months later but it was too late.

I do not blame the remaining parents - what is their incentive for recruiting? There is at least one person who should have been marketing his program. I can guarantee that these two players would have made an impact on the current team and possibly helped recruit additional players.

There is your answer.

Ok this is a real answer and I can believe this is true. I can see our owner dropping the ball and not reaching out.

As for the other answer I do think it is a overall problem in talent. The best talent is not in NOVA or it is to spread out in VA. I think both or one of these is 100% true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go play in Maryland!

I think this is the answer some are trying/doing. You see the the sweetlax team 2019 has 2 or 3 VA kids on the roster.
All of those boys are committed to top D1 programs too. There are a few very talented VA 2020 boys playing up on Blackwolf 2019 as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavalier is nowhere near nl, next levels 2020 b team almost beat cavs top team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is blackwolf going to field a 2020 team this summer even though 3d has bought them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a good question, the 3D thing is news to me. Will Trig stay on? Probably depends on that. Then there is the cost of 3d. Maybe VLC will benefit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is blackwolf going to field a 2020 team this summer even though 3d has bought them

When did this happen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt that's true. No tweet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
those parents of the 2020 kids playing at Black wolf 2019 are crazy. Watch out for them they will stab you in the back. One is riding the coat tail of the others. They have switched so many teams because they think their little Johnny is the best. True laugh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parents who give their money to Madlax are the crazy ones. Not only are they paying 50% more, they are not getting better results than the parents at BW and VLC.

Way to teach your sons what's right and wrong. And when you eventually leave, you'll be just another "ungrateful quitter".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parents who give their money to Madlax are the crazy ones. Not only are they paying 50% more, they are not getting better results than the parents at BW and VLC.

Way to teach your sons what's right and wrong. And when you eventually leave, you'll be just another "ungrateful quitter".

Tell BW to make some more teams and have tryouts Pretentious pricks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BW and VLC don't field multiple teams for a reason. Everyone knows that nearly every "B' team is just a money maker and those kids/families have terrible experiences.

Kind of funny hearing a supporter of the Madlax owner calling someone else a "[lacrosse]".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. The real answer to the problem is look in the mirror. You posting this b.s. that kids should join Madlax won't convince anyone. It isn't the parents job to go recruit kids; the club, the coaches and their level of play and competition should take care of that. If you want to whine at anyone, take it to Maddux. He is a MATERIAL REASON why kids don't play for Madlax, for the simple fact that parents know his character and M.O.

I've seen the level of talent on the field, know several of the parents/kids, and won't be surprised come Fall you see a talent drain. Spin however you want, not playing in HoCo was purely driven by ego and how Maddux wants to position his 2020 club as "elite" when it is obvious they've still got work to do to reach that level.

But keep banging the Madlax drum; good luck.

Perhaps madlax felt playing teams that are of questionable quality won't make the kids better, and that scheduling scrimmages against better teams is a wiser choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loonies just played Madlax in college park. madlax has some work to do.
Very nice parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very nice parents.

I heard from a friend that Looney's won 16-2 so I would think Madlax has some work to do or they didn't bring their strongest 2020 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very nice parents.

I heard from a friend that Looney's won 16-2 so I would think Madlax has some work to do or they didn't bring their strongest 2020 team.

Madlax 2020 is fully aware they have work to do. So unless some top talent shows up at summer tryouts. They are working hard to make these players better. And even with this team losing more then any Madlax person would like, those boys will still be playing in the best 4 Summer tournaments around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very nice parents.

Madlax 2020 is fully aware they have work to do. So unless some top talent shows up at summer tryouts. They are working hard to make these players better. And even with this team losing more then any Madlax person would like, those boys will still be playing in the best 4 Summer tournaments around.

Wow. You truly say the same things over and over again. Other clubs play in elite tournaments, too, and there are other clubs that do a better job with recruiting.

16-2? What a beatdown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very nice parents.

They will play in them, and they will (continue to) get wrecked at them. They are a B team at best - accept it for what it is and work through it...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wheres that guy that keeps saying Madlax has the best 2020 team? lol 16-2

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 86 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 85 86
Quick Reply