BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 70 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looney's 2023 assistant coaches epic meltdown at today's 2023 game was embarrassing. Screaming, threatening and suspending play because your kid got checked hard...Really. Just say no to Dad coaches.....Hope you enjoyed the game from the stands...By the way your kid should have been removed from the field today for his retaliation checking to the face and his meltdown as well.. Great work dirtbag...

It is unfortunate that things like this happen, I hate to see it to but at times people/coaches get caught in the heat of the moment and less than pretty things happen. I'm not condoning this in any way but let's not make it worst and call this individual a dirtbag. These people put in a lot of time and effort and sometimes it gets out of hand.
He will most likely be suspended for the next game, I believe that is the HOCO rule for a coach ejection.
I'm sure that Ref would agree with the Dbag comment. Not sure when it is ever appropriate to scream at the top of your lungs at a ref that your a "disgrace" and an "embarrassment"...Hopefully that team can have a gut check...

I agree. What team was Looney's playing Sunday when the asst. coach had the meltdown?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's 2023 assistant coaches epic meltdown at today's 2023 game was embarrassing. Screaming, threatening and suspending play because your kid got checked hard...Really. Just say no to Dad coaches.....Hope you enjoyed the game from the stands...By the way your kid should have been removed from the field today for his retaliation checking to the face and his meltdown as well.. Great work dirtbag...

It is unfortunate that things like this happen, I hate to see it to but at times people/coaches get caught in the heat of the moment and less than pretty things happen. I'm not condoning this in any way but let's not make it worst and call this individual a dirtbag. These people put in a lot of time and effort and sometimes it gets out of hand.
He will most likely be suspended for the next game, I believe that is the HOCO rule for a coach ejection.
I'm sure that Ref would agree with the Dbag comment. Not sure when it is ever appropriate to scream at the top of your lungs at a ref that your a "disgrace" and an "embarrassment"...Hopefully that team can have a gut check...

I agree. What team was Looney's playing Sunday when the asst. coach had the meltdown?

Crabs

Playing Crabs seems to bring out the best in coach's and parent's behavior

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs

Crabs are responsible for global warming

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ones who are not playing to get recruited, but are just playing to have fun, are the ones who are terrible. Harsh, but true.

you're insane. kids do play for the fun of the sport, and some have parents who don't live their lives through their kids sports. many parents push academics, not sports, and use sports as a means to teach kids how to win and lose with respect, deal with adversity, and be part of a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting... Crabs has 4 teams. All playing at the best divisions. All are undefeated and at the top of their brackets. Anyone ever notice why Crabs does not field B teams....It seems that most of the complaints about Crabs come from parents/players from those "B" teams

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ones who are not playing to get recruited, but are just playing to have fun, are the ones who are terrible. Harsh, but true.

you're insane. kids do play for the fun of the sport, and some have parents who don't live their lives through their kids sports. many parents push academics, not sports, and use sports as a means to teach kids how to win and lose with respect, deal with adversity, and be part of a team.

Kids should play for the fun if that's what they want. But I don't get parents willingness to pay $2000+ for them to do it. If having fun is the goal, why pay that expense? I guess if you have the disposable income that's great. I have 3 kids that play, so if they were just looking to have fun, I could find better things to do with the amount of money I am paying a year for them to play and they could just play for their schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs

And world hunger

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids should play for the fun if that's what they want. But I don't get parents willingness to pay $2000+ for them to do it. If having fun is the goal, why pay that expense? I guess if you have the disposable income that's great. I have 3 kids that play, so if they were just looking to have fun, I could find better things to do with the amount of money I am paying a year for them to play and they could just play for their schools.

rec is always an option, but it is only there till high school. club is there through high school. plus, kids can choose to play for the fun of the sport and be on competitive teams. I don't pay anything near $2000 for either of my kids, as a matter of fact I don't pay a total of $2000 for both to play club ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

rec is always an option, but it is only there till high school. club is there through high school. plus, kids can choose to play for the fun of the sport and be on competitive teams. I don't pay anything near $2000 for either of my kids, as a matter of fact I don't pay a total of $2000 for both to play club ball.

What clubs do your kids play for that cost less than 1k? Are they competitive? If not, are they having fun?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs

And world hunger

I thought Madlax was responsible for World Hunger

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 scores from today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loonies 8-5 v Sons
Crabs 6-4 v Hawks

First time seeing the Crabs play this year. The number of holdbacks is staggering. It is almost funny to watch them play. How they can field a team like this without being embarrassed is quite unbelievable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 10 rising sons 6

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loonies 8-5 v Sons
Crabs 6-4 v Hawks

First time seeing the Crabs play this year. The number of holdbacks is staggering. It is almost funny to watch them play. How they can field a team like this without being embarrassed is quite unbelievable.
Today's game against the Hawks just shows that the Crabs are beatable even with holdbacks. This game could have gone either way. Hawks had a goal wiped out by a timeout call. The ball bounces their way one more time the score could have gone the other way. The crabs goalies were on point today. They won this game for the crabs, not all their holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 10 rising sons 6

Heard the game really was a blowout, the score makes it seem somewhat even? To

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks have plenty of holdbacks, too. Please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs without holdbacks are no better than Madlax. Did I mention that their coach belittles and abuses his players. These are 13 and 14 year old boys - scratch that - 15 and 16 year old boys - be nice to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 10 rising sons 6

FCA seemed to be lolly gagging thru the game. Rising Sons probably tired from Looneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope - not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Don't know if they do or not. If they do, they must be very small for their age. Unlike the monster sized holdbacks that the crabs have. I am not affiliated with the Hawks. Just saw the game and stating the obvious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 of Crabs Goalies is a holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA was up 5-1 early and went to sloppy play..Rising Sons showed alot of heart and kept playing hard even though they seemed outmatched.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks have plenty of holdbacks, too. Please.

Rumor has it that Hawks best player is turning 16 this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow Team91 force lost to next level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is not a single kid on Hawks that is older than 14. End of story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next Level is better than people think. Got some good kids on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Loonies FOGO play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Loonies FOGO play?
Yes won all but 2 (15-17)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA was up 5-1 early and went to sloppy play..Rising Sons showed alot of heart and kept playing hard even though they seemed outmatched.
and they just got done playing Looneys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 10 rising sons 6

3 goal game the whole time. 8-5 when goalie scored on himself to make it 9-5. then 9-6 and then a 10th goal while sons were chasing all over the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone he is not allowed to play for Looneys in the spring. I assume Looneys needed the win to make sure they can make playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, lost by one in double OT. No shame in that. Proves that this elite bracket can go any way for quite a few games. Triple OT the prior week for 91 and 1 pt loss to FCA. All the teams are fighting hard. Team 91 does not have the same requirements for practice in the Spring as other elite teams to allow the kids to play middle school without burn out . It is a choice that is giving them a rough spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone he is not allowed to play for Looneys in the spring. I assume Looneys needed the win to make sure they can make playoffs.

Game should be a forfeit as anyone who has played high school can not play this league per their own rules. The player has played the whole high school season with his Florida team. The team they played should pay the 50.00 protest fee and have the game forfeited. It is getting ridiculous that Howad county is ignoring ALL of their own rules and pandering to certain teams. Look it up-it is very clearly written. Shameful as Crabs. Shame on HoCo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game should be a forfeit as anyone who has played high school can not play this league per their own rules. The player has played the whole high school season with his Florida team. The team they played should pay the 50.00 protest fee and have the game forfeited. It is getting ridiculous that Howad county is ignoring ALL of their own rules and pandering to certain teams. Look it up-it is very clearly written. Shameful as Crabs. Shame on HoCo.

Ok, how many holdbacks does your sons team have? It really isn't none of your business. I'm not associated with Crabs or the team with the FOGO from Fl., but I'm not butting in and yelling like you are. Let the kids play. You should just mind your own business and STFU.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons team does not have any holdbacks and the rules state if you play in HS you are not eligible to play in HOCO. Loonies broke the rule yesterday. Forfeit is in order.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, how many holdbacks does your sons team have? It really isn't none of your business. I'm not associated with Crabs or the team with the FOGO from Fl., but I'm not butting in and yelling like you are. Let the kids play. You should just mind your own business and STFU.

The rules are the rules. Holdbacks have nothing to do with this particular rule. You cheat; you forfeit. The rules are very clear and it was done knowing the rule as published to ALL the teams. This league is a sham. How do you know...maybe I am with Looneys...maybe with Crabs and maybe not either but sick of teams doing whatever they want regardless of rules. Hard to believe with your fury that you are not a Looneys parent who got caught. The nonsense needs to end, have some sportsmanship and follow the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's pretty cut and dry. If the FOGO for Looneys played, it should be a forfeit. This is different than holdbacks. This is a clearly stated rule that if you play for your HS team, you are ineligible to play for an 8th grade team. There is no attempt to hide it. He is listed on his high school roster and his hudl page has his High School Varsity highlights on it. I'm not involved in any way with today's game, but this is something that should be pretty easy. Just a question if any one wants to put up the $50 to challenge the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The protest fee is refunded if the challenge is successful. Being that this is a clear violation of the written rules in terms of the Looneys FOGO, I will be surprised if someone doesn't challenge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The protest fee is refunded if the challenge is successful. Being that this is a clear violation of the written rules in terms of the Looneys FOGO, I will be surprised if someone doesn't challenge.

well, the rules regarding normal progression were pretty clear too and Hoco blew those off so guess it depends with how connected they are with Looneys whether they will turn a blind eye again. They are definitely not in it for the kids.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 70 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard