BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,756
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 70 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Florida fogo.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sons beat 91 in double OT
Hawks beat Sons by a lot

The poster above said 91 beat Sons in triple OT?? Which is it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please post HOCO 2020 Elite scores if you know them.

Crabs 12 Looneys 7
91 v Sons
FCA v Next Level
Hawks v Sons

Did looneys bring in the fogo from Florida?

Sons Beat 91 MD 9-8 triple OT

Crabs 12 Looneys 7
91 8 v Sons 7 in triple OT
FCA v Next Level (play at 6pm)
Hawks v Sons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat Sons by a lot

Triple

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat Sons by a lot

Sons won in triple OT

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat Sons by a lot

. Mother of a 91 player said Sons won 8/7 in triple overtime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat Sons by a lot

Triple

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat Sons by a lot

Triple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat Sons by a lot

Rising Sons beat Team Ninety-One MD 8-7 in triple overtime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat Sons by a lot

Sons had just played a triple OT game against 91 with an hour in between. They may have been a bit wiped and Hawks was fresh - 91 had beaten Hawks a few weeks ago further showing this bracket could be any team's game any week.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]Please post HOCO 2020 Elite scores if you know them.

Crabs 12 Looneys 7
91 v Sons
FCA v Next Level
Hawks v Sons

Did looneys bring in the fogo from Florida?

Sons Beat 91 MD 9-8 triple OT

Crabs 12 Looneys 7
91 8 v Sons 7 in triple OT
FCA v Next Level (play at 6pm)
Hawks v Sons.

FCA 11 next level 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat Sons by a lot

Sons had just played a triple OT game against 91 with an hour in between. They may have been a bit wiped and Hawks was fresh - 91 had beaten Hawks a few weeks ago further showing this bracket could be any team's game any week.

Hawks did not play Sons a few weeks ago or any time this year before today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat Sons by a lot

Hawks did not play Sons a few weeks ago or any time this year before today.

The original poster said 91 money one had beaten Hawks a few weeks ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat Sons by a lot

Rising Sons beat Team Ninety-One MD 8-7 in triple overtime.

91 struggled with a lack of cohesiveness on the field this week and last. Talented individual players with a few noticeably weaker players including an attack man that lacks any speed and could not catch consistently yet stayed on the field for the 2nd half and all OTs. Coaching decisions like this cost teams wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree that just about any team could win this league. All evenly matched teams with the exception of Crabs. They have no business being in this league. Maybe they should get a "I can beat my younger brother" trophy at the end of the season. Complete sham. Enjoy it while ya can Crabs because when everything goes grade based your scheme goes bye bye.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree that just about any team could win this league. All evenly matched teams with the exception of Crabs. They have no business being in this league. Maybe they should get a "I can beat my younger brother" trophy at the end of the season. Complete sham. Enjoy it while ya can Crabs because when everything goes grade based your scheme goes bye bye.

You realize that every 2020 team in that division has multiple holdbacks, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9-8 in Triple Over Time. And yes I saw both games, Sons were wiped out. Imagine a your HS team playing a triple over time game against a rival. Sitting for hour and playing another really tough team. Not good. Will be tougher their other weeks down here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You realize that every 2020 team in that division has multiple holdbacks, right?
. Yes they all have a few holdbacks but nowhere near the number of Crabs. It is common knowledge they have 10 holdbacks and 2 double holdbacks. This is how their 2020 team is designed This team should be in 2019 division. After seeing Crabs this year, most all players are older and bigger but they are not superior players, just average players that are older and bigger. Their 2 middies that were on Crabs 2019 last year are big but just average midfielders, nothing more. They know who they are and I'm sure if they or their Crab dads see this they will start the usual crab pushback/hissy fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on man - multiple holdbacks on all the teams? Don't deflect. No other organizations success (beating younger kids) is based on a systematic approach of putting older kids on the field. I look forward to this nonsense coming to an end in 2017.

I saw the Crabs play date at BL a few weeks ago. It borders on comical to see them play other 2020 teams. Old kids vs young kids. Weak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons looked gassed vs Hawks and the game got away from them. Seemed like a nice group of parents. Even they were joking about Crabs and Holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. Yes they all have a few holdbacks but nowhere near the number of Crabs. It is common knowledge they have 10 holdbacks and 2 double holdbacks. This is how their 2020 team is designed This team should be in 2019 division. After seeing Crabs this year, most all players are older and bigger but they are not superior players, just average players that are older and bigger. Their 2 middies that were on Crabs 2019 last year are big but just average midfielders, nothing more. They know who they are and I'm sure if they or their Crab dads see this they will start the usual crab pushback/hissy fit.

Crab creeper at it again. Are you the guy who hides in the bushes at the BL practices with binoculars?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons looked gassed vs Hawks and the game got away from them. Seemed like a nice group of parents. Even they were joking about Crabs and Holdbacks.

The midfielders had to be gassed. The game with team91 had them running full field the entire second half and 3 OTs. Big difference when you are playing with fresh players. They probably would have beaten Hawks if they were both fresh or both had earlier tough games..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crab creeper at it again. Are you the guy who hides in the bushes at the BL practices with binoculars?

Not me but I know who it is and you should see what your wife is doing with him in those bushes.
Doesn't take long for the Crab crazies to appear and start deflecting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on man - multiple holdbacks on all the teams? Don't deflect. No other organizations success (beating younger kids) is based on a systematic approach of putting older kids on the field. I look forward to this nonsense coming to an end in 2017.

I saw the Crabs play date at BL a few weeks ago. It borders on comical to see them play other 2020 teams. Old kids vs young kids. Weak.

Nothing is coming to an end in 2017. USL has no jurisdiction over what the clubs do. They will just start another league if HOCO goes age based. And they don't play in any USL sponsored tournaments anyway.

Crabs has already posted tryout info for next year and it's grade based. It will stay that way because that's what college coaches want. The role of club lacrosse is to get the boys noticed by college coaches, that's what we are paying for. The fact that so many pay so much money to third rate clubs is a shame, but as long as parents are willing to pay it, there will be more and more clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing is coming to an end in 2017. USL has no jurisdiction over what the clubs do. They will just start another league if HOCO goes age based. And they don't play in any USL sponsored tournaments anyway.

Crabs has already posted tryout info for next year and it's grade based. It will stay that way because that's what college coaches want. The role of club lacrosse is to get the boys noticed by college coaches, that's what we are paying for. The fact that so many pay so much money to third rate clubs is a shame, but as long as parents are willing to pay it, there will be more and more clubs.

It's not all about getting noticed by colleges for everybody- maybe that is why the crabs goes to such extremes to game the system. Single focus. Some kids play because they enjoy it and club gives them more practice time, access to coaches, longer season and different groups of kids. Shame that some think only about the college angle for a tiny bit of $$ in this sport. They are ruining it for the majority.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not all about getting noticed by colleges for everybody- maybe that is why the crabs goes to such extremes to game the system. Single focus. Some kids play because they enjoy it and club gives them more practice time, access to coaches, longer season and different groups of kids. Shame that some think only about the college angle for a tiny bit of $$ in this sport. They are ruining it for the majority.

No one thinks it's about the money. But a lot of these lacrosse schools are difficult to get into, even with good grades. If lacrosse helps a kid get into a school, the $4000 scholarship is irrelevant.

So you are spending $2000/yr so your kid gets more practice time? I don't buy it. All clubs promote the colleges their players go to. IT IS THEIR PRIMARY FUNCTION. It's not a shame that people think about the college angle. It should be the sole reason that you are paying $2000 plus travel. Otherwise, stick to rec and playing for your school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ones who are not playing to get recruited, but are just playing to have fun, are the ones who are terrible. Harsh, but true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next level 2020 is a good team but they shouldn't be in the elite division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's 2023 assistant coaches epic meltdown at today's 2023 game was embarrassing. Screaming, threatening and suspending play because your kid got checked hard...Really. Just say no to Dad coaches.....Hope you enjoyed the game from the stands...By the way your kid should have been removed from the field today for his retaliation checking to the face and his meltdown as well.. Great work dirtbag...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one thinks it's about the money. But a lot of these lacrosse schools are difficult to get into, even with good grades. If lacrosse helps a kid get into a school, the $4000 scholarship is irrelevant.

So you are spending $2000/yr so your kid gets more practice time? I don't buy it. All clubs promote the colleges their players go to. IT IS THEIR PRIMARY FUNCTION. It's not a shame that people think about the college angle. It should be the sole reason that you are paying $2000 plus travel. Otherwise, stick to rec and playing for your school.
Pleas get out of club lacrosse...seriously your crappy kid that is just doing for fun and to hang out with his lacrosse buddies is ruining my kids club experience....Play rec...No time for soft kids and sofr parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's 2023 assistant coaches epic meltdown at today's 2023 game was embarrassing. Screaming, threatening and suspending play because your kid got checked hard...Really. Just say no to Dad coaches.....Hope you enjoyed the game from the stands...By the way your kid should have been removed from the field today for his retaliation checking to the face and his meltdown as well.. Great work dirtbag...

It is unfortunate that things like this happen, I hate to see it to but at times people/coaches get caught in the heat of the moment and less than pretty things happen. I'm not condoning this in any way but let's not make it worst and call this individual a dirtbag. These people put in a lot of time and effort and sometimes it gets out of hand.
He will most likely be suspended for the next game, I believe that is the HOCO rule for a coach ejection.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be great ..Then the Crabs will have the new league to themselves. Most YOUTH teams have very little holdbacks. The MAJORITY of of all clubs in the country would rather have age based teams at the YOUTH level. Only the Crabs and a few others want grade base. They can have at it with the Crabs and form their 3-4 team league.

And I dont buy the logic that College coaches want this?? When did college coaches care about 3rd graders, 4th graders, etc, etc..maybe 9th graders in High School..But that is not youth teams. Most college coaches do not ER at 8th grade. Your argument is lame and sounds like some speech RM of Crabs would give to justify ruining club lacrosse with grade base teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It may be some carry over from Sat. when a team nine d one md kid really viciously hurt a Looneys 2023 kid and was lucky to only get a 2 min non-releasable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It may be some carry over from Sat. when a team nine d one md kid really viciously hurt a Looneys 2023 kid and was lucky to only get a 2 min non-releasable.
Maybe....Parents were pretty appalled on both sides....Not a good thing for youth lacrosse...calling a ref a disgrace at the top of your lungs and making a scene of that magnitude was very very unfortunate. The kids heard it all and certainly affected their play....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe....Parents were pretty appalled on both sides....Not a good thing for youth lacrosse...calling a ref a disgrace at the top of your lungs and making a scene of that magnitude was very very unfortunate. The kids heard it all and certainly affected their play....
The guys probably does not feel great about what happened.....I'm sure the staff will move on with lessons learned

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carryover? We are talking a grown man behaving like a Neanderthal at a youth lacrosse game. No excuse for it and if it were that bad of a hit on Saturday the refs would have been required to eject the player under the new mpyll rules especially since it was the first day of the new rules and the refs and leagues would be trying to ensure compliance even more. If it is on video it can be reviewed under the new rules and action taken if the parents or coaches feel it was that bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is unfortunate that things like this happen, I hate to see it to but at times people/coaches get caught in the heat of the moment and less than pretty things happen. I'm not condoning this in any way but let's not make it worst and call this individual a dirtbag. These people put in a lot of time and effort and sometimes it gets out of hand.
He will most likely be suspended for the next game, I believe that is the HOCO rule for a coach ejection.
I'm sure that Ref would agree with the Dbag comment. Not sure when it is ever appropriate to scream at the top of your lungs at a ref that your a "disgrace" and an "embarrassment"...Hopefully that team can have a gut check...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carryover? We are talking a grown man behaving like a Neanderthal at a youth lacrosse game. No excuse for it and if it were that bad of a hit on Saturday the refs would have been required to eject the player under the new mpyll rules especially since it was the first day of the new rules and the refs and leagues would be trying to ensure compliance even more. If it is on video it can be reviewed under the new rules and action taken if the parents or coaches feel it was that bad.
You may want to play for Bethesda next year...Acting like a crazy coach seems to be well accepted over there..Just sayin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if the mpll hit on sat. was caught on tape, but the ref sure sounded disgusted with the nine-one kid and the Looneys kid lay twitching on the ground for a couple minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if the mpll hit on sat. was caught on tape, but the ref sure sounded disgusted with the nine-one kid and the Looneys kid lay twitching on the ground for a couple minutes.

if it was that bad of a hit, and not just someone justifying a coaches bad behavior or their player getting a hit, the ref would be much more than disgusted and would have done more than a two minute unreleasable. Been around this game for awhile and it is always upsetting to see a child hurt and hope he is okay but sometimes it is the way they fall and not the hit that caused it and parents only see the end result.

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 70 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard