The 'Pro Women's Lacrosse Clinic' date was changed to Oct. 13th || Last Day to Register for the Shore2Shore K-1 Clinic

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 05:58 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 05:16 PM
Boys 2023
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 04:56 PM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 04:21 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 03:15 PM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 03:02 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,767
Posts255,114
Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 72 of 205 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 204 205
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159753
04/14/16 11:01 AM
04/14/16 11:01 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Garden City is a mess. Just look at the parents behavior and braggadocio attitudes and its easy to see where this type of behavior comes from. Leave the coach alone. Take aim at the residents. Did I mention our PAL program is a mess with infighting as well? The protectionism is rampant for all the little Johnnies and their doomed fate if god forbid they don't make the A team. Friends turning their backs on each other and all the squabbling and political maneuvering... makes me sick. Most of the oafs involved were not much to speak of in their day to boot...joke.

Why don't you get up from behind the keyboard that you are hiding behind, grab a whistle and volunteer your time like these so called oafs are doing. We are always looking for more volunteers to assist with our program. Boy, it must be a nice view from the cheap seat, huh.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159755
04/14/16 11:04 AM
04/14/16 11:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow...this has turned into a real jerry springer therapy session for you GC citizens

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159756
04/14/16 11:07 AM
04/14/16 11:07 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teddy Roosevelt wrote an essay called "The Man in the Arens" and one of the great lines in it is "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."...Critics...interesting group..usually think they could do a better job..having never even attempted what they think they could be better at...

must've been dying for years to pull out the one quote you learned in your life (or did you look that one up?) and is laughable in that it so inappropriate to this discussion nor are your claims or interpretation of this quote even germane to the original point.

nice try there, Ted

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159759
04/14/16 11:14 AM
04/14/16 11:14 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of these volunteer coaches married well. $$$
Garden City is a mess. Just look at the parents behavior and braggadocio attitudes and its easy to see where this type of behavior comes from. Leave the coach alone. Take aim at the residents. Did I mention our PAL program is a mess with infighting as well? The protectionism is rampant for all the little Johnnies and their doomed fate if god forbid they don't make the A team. Friends turning their backs on each other and all the squabbling and political maneuvering... makes me sick. Most of the oafs involved were not much to speak of in their day to boot...joke.

Why don't you get up from behind the keyboard that you are hiding behind, grab a whistle and volunteer your time like these so called oafs are doing. We are always looking for more volunteers to assist with our program. Boy, it must be a nice view from the cheap seat, huh.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159760
04/14/16 11:17 AM
04/14/16 11:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HOLY HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!

add the Thunder and Soccer crew to the list

Put your hammer away and grab a whistle and volunteer your time like these guys are doing. So quick to judge and critique the sports programs when all you do is drop little Johnny off and pick him up from practices and games. Must be nice.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159762
04/14/16 11:23 AM
04/14/16 11:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The legendary coach from Ward Melville Joe Cuozzo was once asked why he wasn't interested in traveling to out of state games. His answer is still appropriate 20 years later. I am paraphrasing but basically he stated way too much chance for things to go wrong and destroy a season. He was more than willing to play you at his field where his players were their parents responsibility until they stepped on the field. Smart man!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159763
04/14/16 11:25 AM
04/14/16 11:25 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow...this has turned into a real jerry springer therapy session for you GC citizens

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!!! smile

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159764
04/14/16 11:26 AM
04/14/16 11:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I appreciate the coaches and their time--its all the other stuff; and I do coach in the community.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159766
04/14/16 11:27 AM
04/14/16 11:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No but kid would be suspended from school and stopped from any other activities no questions asked. Why was a need for a meeting to discuss. Should have been cut and dry and none of this would be happening. Everyone would have looked at GC and said WOW they don't take any bull and don't cower to anyone.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159769
04/14/16 11:37 AM
04/14/16 11:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of these volunteer coaches married well. $$$

The PAL program is a very big program and credit must be given to all of the volunteers involved. All programs have internal issues and this is not lost on the GC PAL program; but the devotion and attention given by the volunteers enabled many kids including my own to succeed at the high school level with good fundamentals as the foundation of the program.

this in not the place to discuss infighting.

bashing the HC on the other hand is perfectly fine. When your kids finally get to play for him; the rose colored glasses will come off at home when your kids tell you the real deal.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159790
04/14/16 01:20 PM
04/14/16 01:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone on this forum is so judgemental and idiotic. These kids did a dumb thing and you are all arguing over something that doesnt even concern you at all. They made a mistake, and are paying the consequences for it. And for all the parents that are calling them morons and saying they need help, take a look at your own son because i can tell you first hand i guarantee they have at least tried smoking pot before, most of them do it pretty frequently.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159800
04/14/16 01:43 PM
04/14/16 01:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since it's obvious you aren't from GC, the volunteer situation in GC youth sports is somewhat different depending on who the grade coordinator may be. In some grades, the volunteers are the coordinators friends and if you aren't his or her friend, you need not apply. That's why many stay in the so called cheap seats you reference. So if you don't know what you are talking about, worry about your town.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159802
04/14/16 01:47 PM
04/14/16 01:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The head coach at GC runs the GC PAL and travel program, the kids pay more to play on the towns travel teams than most travel teams. There are at least two travel teams in each age group up to 7th grade. In 7th grade and higher there is one team. The A teams as they are called are typically coached by paid guys who the head coach picks. It is a huge cash cow. Not saying it is not run right but huge money for these guys. Where they are way wrong is not allowing kids to play on travel teams as well and do the best they to play both, without getting kicked off the GC team. Some of the better kids can play on a top travel team, play against some of the best talent in their respective grade and get very good lacrosse experience. The travel teams typically carry 23 kids at over $1800 so those kids better get somewhat equal playing time or else! Lets face it there are no towns that 23 let alone 5-6 top kids so if you are one of the kids with more talent you cannot play a travel with other top talented kids and you must play on the town team and share the same play time with some kids that might never play on the varsity team. Just don't seem right but many are unsure to leave the town team because they may have to play the guy who runs the progam in high school.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159803
04/14/16 01:57 PM
04/14/16 01:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do they still penalize kids that they assume are going to Chaminade? I've heard horror stories about 6th, 7thand 8th graders who get nothing but bench time because they're not going to play at GC public schools.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159807
04/14/16 02:07 PM
04/14/16 02:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since it's obvious you aren't from GC, the volunteer situation in GC youth sports is somewhat different depending on who the grade coordinator may be. In some grades, the volunteers are the coordinators friends and if you aren't his or her friend, you need not apply. That's why many stay in the so called cheap seats you reference. So if you don't know what you are talking about, worry about your town.

Wow, sounds just like a mirror image of the Three Village Youth program.

Page 72 of 205 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 204 205