BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 08:51 PM
Duke's Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 07:54 PM
Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 07:44 PM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 06:41 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 04:09 PM
Girls 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 04:03 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,767
Posts255,057
Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 71 of 205 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 204 205
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159729
04/14/16 09:36 AM
04/14/16 09:36 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]

It is this way in most districts, mine included. I know my son has a couple beers, and does not drive while doing so . I'm ok with that. Luckily he takes after me and does not care for the other stuff. Although some lax buddies do. Not my business. Somehow they get out on the field and nail it. Just like Wall Street!


quite possibly the most inane statement I've ever read from a parent about his underage drinking child. way to go dad...i can see a dad of the year award in your future as your son leaves rehab with his wall street buddies

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159730
04/14/16 09:38 AM
04/14/16 09:38 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
To the naive, thick headed coach defender...Um...he IS a PAID coach and coaching is his profession. So he may not be coaching a professional team but he Is in fact a coaching professional. Get back to work or to school guy. Clearly your education is incomplete or was lacking to start...whatever institutions are responsible for you I'm sure would not be pounding their chest in pride of you as their product.


I guess you're right... he is making his living on the $5k he gets paid to be a coach. Not the salary he earns as a teacher. Glad you're on top of things. My bad.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159731
04/14/16 09:47 AM
04/14/16 09:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
As of yesterday; all involved players kicked off of team.. A one week school suspension was handed down. One known commit spot has been designated as "vacated" by that university.

Status of HC and AD unknown.

Coach reported to be "crying" as he informed his players of the situation at practice.

The HC must take the brunt of the responsibility in this case. Yes, parents should have could have done better and are suffering as a result; but the players are under the wing of the coach.

This coach has a long history of mentally beating down players. He has poor interpersonal relation skills. The result of this over the years has been for the players to show him as much respect as he shows them. There has been a loss of honor and values that stem from coaches instilling these virtues into his players and the players having pride in displaying the same.

The parents of this town sit huddled quietly and do not want to rock the boat as this coach has positioned himself as the gateway to college lax and expects the masses to bow down to him. And they do. His draconian practices are tolerated only as they have come to accept him as the savior.

It is time for this HC to come under review for his abusive ways. A psychological evaluation is not out of the question either.

Too many players have been subjected to this "crying" abusive person.

His tears I am sure are for himself and how much his image has been tarnished. He cares not one iota for his players as people nor does he take up the charge to be a true leader as one would hope and expect. His players would collectively put him through a wall rather than run through one for him.

Time for change. Drastic change.


So following your logic, if a kid gets caught smoking pot in the bathroom at school, or on school grounds, principal should be fired?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159733
04/14/16 10:00 AM
04/14/16 10:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



A paid coach and a professional coach are two different things. This is not his full time job. He is not a career high school lacrosse coach. You arrogant parents who take no responsibility for your children are the real problem. Control your kids behavior. You sound like a typical parent who is unhappy with the coach because the coach doesn't share your vision of little Johnny being an Ivey league player!

Go back to your barstool at Leo's!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159734
04/14/16 10:01 AM
04/14/16 10:01 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
As of yesterday; all involved players kicked off of team.. A one week school suspension was handed down. One known commit spot has been designated as "vacated" by that university.

Status of HC and AD unknown.

Coach reported to be "crying" as he informed his players of the situation at practice.

The HC must take the brunt of the responsibility in this case. Yes, parents should have could have done better and are suffering as a result; but the players are under the wing of the coach.

This coach has a long history of mentally beating down players. He has poor interpersonal relation skills. The result of this over the years has been for the players to show him as much respect as he shows them. There has been a loss of honor and values that stem from coaches instilling these virtues into his players and the players having pride in displaying the same.

The parents of this town sit huddled quietly and do not want to rock the boat as this coach has positioned himself as the gateway to college lax and expects the masses to bow down to him. And they do. His draconian practices are tolerated only as they have come to accept him as the savior.

It is time for this HC to come under review for his abusive ways. A psychological evaluation is not out of the question either.

Too many players have been subjected to this "crying" abusive person.

His tears I am sure are for himself and how much his image has been tarnished. He cares not one iota for his players as people nor does he take up the charge to be a true leader as one would hope and expect. His players would collectively put him through a wall rather than run through one for him.

Time for change. Drastic change.


Draconian practices... abusive ways... scared, cowering parents...

nah - you don't have an agenda...

I think you're just jealous that people don't look at you in the same light anymore...

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159736
04/14/16 10:04 AM
04/14/16 10:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
As of yesterday; all involved players kicked off of team.. A one week school suspension was handed down. One known commit spot has been designated as "vacated" by that university.

Status of HC and AD unknown.

Coach reported to be "crying" as he informed his players of the situation at practice.

The HC must take the brunt of the responsibility in this case. Yes, parents should have could have done better and are suffering as a result; but the players are under the wing of the coach.

This coach has a long history of mentally beating down players. He has poor interpersonal relation skills. The result of this over the years has been for the players to show him as much respect as he shows them. There has been a loss of honor and values that stem from coaches instilling these virtues into his players and the players having pride in displaying the same.

The parents of this town sit huddled quietly and do not want to rock the boat as this coach has positioned himself as the gateway to college lax and expects the masses to bow down to him. And they do. His draconian practices are tolerated only as they have come to accept him as the savior.

It is time for this HC to come under review for his abusive ways. A psychological evaluation is not out of the question either.

Too many players have been subjected to this "crying" abusive person.

His tears I am sure are for himself and how much his image has been tarnished. He cares not one iota for his players as people nor does he take up the charge to be a true leader as one would hope and expect. His players would collectively put him through a wall rather than run through one for him.

Time for change. Drastic change.




Clearly a bitter parent - how much time do you spend on here?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159739
04/14/16 10:17 AM
04/14/16 10:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Please stop crying about the HC of GC. I can guarantee you are the type of person who thinks everyone should get a trophy. The coach plays the best players on his team. I know the coach personally for over 20 years. He is a great family man,teacher,coach and friend. Just because your son didnt get playing time on his team you come onto this website to insult him? Maybe if you had a set of balls you would either confront him and tell him that or you should just realize your son suks at lax and him and his staff see it. The people on this site want the truth, well thats the truth. Your son doesnt play and sits on the bench because he really isnt that good. Truth hurts huh??? By the way my kid doesnt play on his team.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159740
04/14/16 10:18 AM
04/14/16 10:18 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Teddy Roosevelt wrote an essay called "The Man in the Arens" and one of the great lines in it is "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."...Critics...interesting group..usually think they could do a better job..having never even attempted what they think they could be better at...

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159742
04/14/16 10:36 AM
04/14/16 10:36 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Based on what I have read here, most of you did not play HS sports. The "abusive" behavior is called motivation, it works. The kids aren't crying, the parents are. I played in a time when coaches would grab you by the jersey and scream in your face for minor transgressions, it was hardly mentally abusive. Please stop, you sound silly, the head coach has won way more than he has lost. He has put many boys into top tier programs. The kids screwed up and were disciplined. The story is OVER. And to the people who are getting "reports" on the situation, GET A LIFE loser.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #159743
04/14/16 10:37 AM
04/14/16 10:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Garden City is a mess. Just look at the parents behavior and braggadocio attitudes and its easy to see where this type of behavior comes from. Leave the coach alone. Take aim at the residents. Did I mention our PAL program is a mess with infighting as well? The protectionism is rampant for all the little Johnnies and their doomed fate if god forbid they don't make the A team. Friends turning their backs on each other and all the squabbling and political maneuvering... makes me sick. Most of the oafs involved were not much to speak of in their day to boot...joke.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159744
04/14/16 10:38 AM
04/14/16 10:38 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

It is this way in most districts, mine included. I know my son has a couple beers, and does not drive while doing so . I'm ok with that. Luckily he takes after me and does not care for the other stuff. Although some lax buddies do. Not my business. Somehow they get out on the field and nail it. Just like Wall Street!


"I'm ok with that" "Not my business"??? No way this is written by a parent.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159745
04/14/16 10:43 AM
04/14/16 10:43 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Garden City is a mess. Just look at the parents behavior and braggadocio attitudes and its easy to see where this type of behavior comes from. Leave the coach alone. Take aim at the residents. Did I mention our PAL program is a mess with infighting as well? The protectionism is rampant for all the little Johnnies and their doomed fate if god forbid they don't make the A team. Friends turning their backs on each other and all the squabbling and political maneuvering... makes me sick. Most of the oafs involved were not much to speak of in their day to boot...joke.


Then move

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159747
04/14/16 10:46 AM
04/14/16 10:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

It is this way in most districts, mine included. I know my son has a couple beers, and does not drive while doing so . I'm ok with that. Luckily he takes after me and does not care for the other stuff. Although some lax buddies do. Not my business. Somehow they get out on the field and nail it. Just like Wall Street!


"I'm ok with that" "Not my business"??? No way this is written by a parent.


unfortunately ive heard this come straight for parents mouths.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159749
04/14/16 10:50 AM
04/14/16 10:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Garden City is a mess. Just look at the parents behavior and braggadocio attitudes and its easy to see where this type of behavior comes from. Leave the coach alone. Take aim at the residents. Did I mention our PAL program is a mess with infighting as well? The protectionism is rampant for all the little Johnnies and their doomed fate if god forbid they don't make the A team. Friends turning their backs on each other and all the squabbling and political maneuvering... makes me sick. Most of the oafs involved were not much to speak of in their day to boot...joke.


HOLY HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!

add the Thunder and Soccer crew to the list

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #159750
04/14/16 10:50 AM
04/14/16 10:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Garden City is a mess. Just look at the parents behavior and braggadocio attitudes and its easy to see where this type of behavior comes from. Leave the coach alone. Take aim at the residents. Did I mention our PAL program is a mess with infighting as well? The protectionism is rampant for all the little Johnnies and their doomed fate if god forbid they don't make the A team. Friends turning their backs on each other and all the squabbling and political maneuvering... makes me sick. Most of the oafs involved were not much to speak of in their day to boot...joke.


When that lack of respect for others comes back and bites you in the a$$ it sucks doesnt it?

Page 71 of 205 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 204 205



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1