Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is my understanding that when the senior all American wrestler came in as a FOGO the score started changing... Not sure if I understand your point. I think if they let him play the field there would have been a major difference in possession certainly and defense too. It was the first time he played all year and there was a swing in momentum when he did. Are you suggesting that the other FO kids should have been used instead because of their college commitments?

How do you think WM does against Yorktown this weekend?
We like the all american kid and agree he should be on the field...just not a fogo-I am not even close to saying the other fogo kids should have played because they are committed-but very much saying that the all american isn't as good at it as any of the other three.

Now, if you were losing every fo (think about that kid from sme we will face in a couple of weeks) and you put him there to battle, like a long pole-excellent coaching move, but that was not the case yesterday.

To your point about "momentum" -he didn't win possession as much as any of the former players, nor did he score nor was he given the opportunity to play defense. Having him run on the field and run off after losing possession is just foolish and poor coaching.

I completely agree the all american kid is an asset the coaches let sit on the side line when his size and strength are the exact attributes the team needed yesterday at middie. I also think he would have been a very strong fit during sachem n game and agree that the outcome could have been different if the coaches let him play yesterday (four or five or even 10 other boys in exactly the same position). Same old political nonsense in our happy little town.

I am not attacking any of the wm players.

We at WM have been watching these boys for ten years and we all know each of them, their strengths and weaknesses and when they are on and when they are not. If some kids weren't on, weren't strong enough, couldn't hit the cage, why not see if one of the other kids sitting on the bench were on, were strong enough, were hitting the cage. You and I agree that yesterday, the all american should have been playing (a lot).

the WM coaching leaves a lot to be desired and while some might say too early to pick on the coach (fair point), my opinion is that the team has an opportunity to actually compete for LI championship this year, so giving the coach a pass on a poorly managed, poorly coached game against WI is wasteful and harmful. And if we were all being honest, we would admit that sachem and commack were close games that could have gone wrong.

WM is still coaching as if the two all Americans from last year were on the field. They are gone -get over it and coach the very evenly talented 42 kids you have.

there is not a kid on that team that isn't as good as the other 41, so if fogo by committee, why not middie by committee or attack by committee or d by committee??? Unlike all the recent past years, we have a pretty even talent pool. Someone will undoubtedly say they are building team chemistry-to that I say bs-these boys have all been playing together for years, pal, travel, in house...they know each other well.

for the record, my boy was in all his normal shifts and didn't have a great day. If I were coaching, would have replaced him in that game for another kid...one of several. getting pulled for having a bad day is exactly what this team needs.

we all have to pay 200 for this stupid video service-my kid uses it-suggest that the coaches do the same...

the only people that will disagree with the above are the parents of the other 14 or 15 kids that always play no matter how poorly they are playing. the parents of all the other 26 equally talented boys watching and freezing on the side, will entirely agree-

I am with them....

I watched this game and agree with your points.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #158674
04/08/16 11:48 AM
04/08/16 11:48 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Drama

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158702
04/08/16 02:20 PM
04/08/16 02:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM coach just wants to win. He is going to play the best kids while also building for the future. most of the 9th/10th kids were all kids that didn't listen to the "one town one team" nonsense and went and played club lacrosse at a much higher level than 3V or WM could offer. their skill sets are much higher, they play at a much faster pace and the results are obvious. That is why D1 schools have verbally committed to many of them. This is a skill game.... most of them don't even play for Patriot Elite and there is no ill will from coaches...He is playing the kids that don't pay him over the ones that do....Coach wants to win and is playing his best at this point. also a very young team so next year and year after the team will be loaded with high level, club players and very experienced kids playing. Senior class this year is not as strong as in past. Watch out NYS, we are coming!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #158708
04/08/16 02:37 PM
04/08/16 02:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could it just be that WM team had a let down game ?

or

Maybe there is some parity this year among some good (not great) teams with exceptional coaches.

Look, in 3 games between the 3 teams
CHAM / West Islip
Ward Melv/ Cham
&
West Islip / Ward Melv

You had 3 different winners in the three games.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158718
04/08/16 03:24 PM
04/08/16 03:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM coach just wants to win. He is going to play the best kids while also building for the future. most of the 9th/10th kids were all kids that didn't listen to the "one town one team" nonsense and went and played club lacrosse at a much higher level than 3V or WM could offer. their skill sets are much higher, they play at a much faster pace and the results are obvious. That is why D1 schools have verbally committed to many of them. This is a skill game.... most of them don't even play for Patriot Elite and there is no ill will from coaches...He is playing the kids that don't pay him over the ones that do....Coach wants to win and is playing his best at this point. also a very young team so next year and year after the team will be loaded with high level, club players and very experienced kids playing. Senior class this year is not as strong as in past. Watch out NYS, we are coming!
You are correct. The coach is playing the kids he believes can help the team win, which is exactly what he should be doing regardless of where they play summer ball. None of us are at practice every day and see what they see. What I do take exception to is you making this a town vs. club thing. WM does have a good group of young players that have played club but only two have made contributions to this team so far during game days, so calm down with how great they are until you have a bigger sample size. There are many committed players on the team. Some have played club and some have not and they can all play at a high level. They are all playing together and can all contribute if they play as a team. Stop pushing the club is better than town agenda. It's old at this point.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158734
04/08/16 05:14 PM
04/08/16 05:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One town, One team but Three Villages? TThe whole "One Town" rhetoric from out there is pretty hilarious......

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158737
04/08/16 06:01 PM
04/08/16 06:01 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could it just be that WM team had a let down game ?

or

Maybe there is some parity this year among some good (not great) teams with exceptional coaches.

Look, in 3 games between the 3 teams
CHAM / West Islip
Ward Melv/ Cham
&
West Islip / Ward Melv

You had 3 different winners in the three games.

Great post- you are exactly right. All the wannabe Dave Pietramala's and Bill Tierney's come on this site and armchair quarterback these games to death. It is getting painful to keep reading these posts. Bye bye for now...enjoy the weekend.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #158801
04/09/16 09:11 AM
04/09/16 09:11 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St. Anthonys 8-7 over Episcopal, PA.

Episcopal lost 10-1 to Culver, Indiana and 10-3 to McDonough- MD MIAA, just as a frame of reference.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158804
04/09/16 09:41 AM
04/09/16 09:41 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Episcopal lost 10-1 to Culver, Indiana and 10-3 to McDonough- MD MIAA, just as a frame of reference.

Episcopals losses were to #16 Culver and #2 ranked McDonough.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158809
04/09/16 10:03 AM
04/09/16 10:03 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B-conf small town Yorktown vs. mighty A-conf WM. On paper WM, on the scoreboard?

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158810
04/09/16 10:06 AM
04/09/16 10:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Episcopals losses were to #16 Culver and #2 ranked McDonough.

Episcopal way down this year, not ranked. They have a great fogo,wonder how that battle went?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158856
04/09/16 06:42 PM
04/09/16 06:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM 8-2 over Yorktown

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158868
04/09/16 08:02 PM
04/09/16 08:02 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone know what happened on the GC road trip?? Heard 6 sets of parents were called to go get their kids and take them home before the game. Since they lost I am assuming some good players were involved

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158879
04/09/16 08:45 PM
04/09/16 08:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]WM 8-2 over Yorktown [/quote

looks like the HC took all the BOTC posts to heart and finally figured out how to coach

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #158895
04/09/16 09:57 PM
04/09/16 09:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No he figured out you're a bunch of dicks

Page 55 of 205 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 204 205