BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 77 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi wm fans-

In a meeting and text said go look at back of cage...

You all know me- suit pacing the sidelines- two boys taking face offs.

You all have opinions, but mine is this- go back to work and leave this site. Finger pointing anonymously serves no purpose.

Leave the drama to Chaminade folks:)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMEN TO THAT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW GO WM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is my understanding that when the senior all American wrestler came in as a FOGO the score started changing... Not sure if I understand your point. I think if they let him play the field there would have been a major difference in possession certainly and defense too. It was the first time he played all year and there was a swing in momentum when he did. Are you suggesting that the other FO kids should have been used instead because of their college commitments?

We like the all american kid and agree he should be on the field...just not a fogo-I am not even close to saying the other fogo kids should have played because they are committed-but very much saying that the all american isn't as good at it as any of the other three.

Now, if you were losing every fo (think about that kid from sme we will face in a couple of weeks) and you put him there to battle, like a long pole-excellent coaching move, but that was not the case yesterday.

To your point about "momentum" -he didn't win possession as much as any of the former players, nor did he score nor was he given the opportunity to play defense. Having him run on the field and run off after losing possession is just foolish and poor coaching.

I completely agree the all american kid is an asset the coaches let sit on the side line when his size and strength are the exact attributes the team needed yesterday at middie. I also think he would have been a very strong fit during sachem n game and agree that the outcome could have been different if the coaches let him play yesterday (four or five or even 10 other boys in exactly the same position). Same old political nonsense in our happy little town.

I am not attacking any of the wm players.

We at WM have been watching these boys for ten years and we all know each of them, their strengths and weaknesses and when they are on and when they are not. If some kids weren't on, weren't strong enough, couldn't hit the cage, why not see if one of the other kids sitting on the bench were on, were strong enough, were hitting the cage. You and I agree that yesterday, the all american should have been playing (a lot).

the WM coaching leaves a lot to be desired and while some might say too early to pick on the coach (fair point), my opinion is that the team has an opportunity to actually compete for LI championship this year, so giving the coach a pass on a poorly managed, poorly coached game against WI is wasteful and harmful. And if we were all being honest, we would admit that sachem and commack were close games that could have gone wrong.

WM is still coaching as if the two all Americans from last year were on the field. They are gone -get over it and coach the very evenly talented 42 kids you have.

there is not a kid on that team that isn't as good as the other 41, so if fogo by committee, why not middie by committee or attack by committee or d by committee??? Unlike all the recent past years, we have a pretty even talent pool. Someone will undoubtedly say they are building team chemistry-to that I say bs-these boys have all been playing together for years, pal, travel, in house...they know each other well.

for the record, my boy was in all his normal shifts and didn't have a great day. If I were coaching, would have replaced him in that game for another kid...one of several. getting pulled for having a bad day is exactly what this team needs.

we all have to pay 200 for this stupid video service-my kid uses it-suggest that the coaches do the same...

the only people that will disagree with the above are the parents of the other 14 or 15 kids that always play no matter how poorly they are playing. the parents of all the other 26 equally talented boys watching and freezing on the side, will entirely agree-

I am with them....

So you're saying that WM has a team of completely equal players? No single player is better than the other 41? That's amazing! Or, you're just completely insane. If playing on the summer team is making the difference in playing time, then play on the summer team. If playing on the summer team helps the boys better understand the coach's offense, then play on the summer team. If playing on the summer team strengthens the coach's faith in particular players (thereby putting them a step above the 41 other equals), then play on the summer team. Or just complain that the world is unfair and no fault lies on you or your son.

I'm confused. An earlier post suggested that the coach should stick to his guns and play the kids who pay him in the summer. That would lead me to believe that the coach is playing kids who do not pay to play for him in the summer. If that is the case then I must assume the coach is playing the players who he believes will help the team win and he is not showing favoritism to the people who believe that in order to play you must pay. Am I correct?

Also, I am not sure if it was the same poster or not but didn't I also read something about playing seniors? I assume they mean over a freshman or sophomore. Do I have that right? Again, If I am following this correctly the coach is playing freshmen and sophomore's who may or may not pay to play in the summer over upperclassmen who do pay to play in the summer and therefore believe they should play because they pay to play, are older and have put in their time. Is that correct?

My take is the coach wants to win and he will play who he believes will help the team win.

The parents of kids who are not playing are going to be unhappy. Some believe their kid is owed something and will complain. And some will tell their kid to keep working.

The pay to play summer crap should be done away with. There is a conflict of interest.

Don't know if the coach is good at managing the game or not but I find it hard to believe he is not playing who he believes are the best players.

Sounds like a lot of finger pointing and animosity.

I guess winning keeps everyone quiet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is very typical of WM parents!!!! They all think there kid is going D1. They blame every one around them including there coach. Can't image spending this much time back and forth with people from the same school. It was the same when your kids were in the summer youth program. There has been all kinds of crazy story's over the years. Now you move to the varsity team. lol WM parents have been a problem for many years and nothing has changed. Please keep this coming, very entertaining. Good luck to you all...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct, that as a WM parent this is a bit embarrassing. Especially after one loss but your are wrong in painting with a broad brush. Some of us sit in the stands and cheer for the boys, then get in a car and go home. And we understand that most will not play D1 lacrosse. Been around the lacrosse scene a lot and heard a lot of stories from parents on the club team who hail from varying districts - not much different than other schools. as a matter of fact, some are worse. Probably very similar to yours if you were really being truthful about it. Its all good, we will be a strong team down the stretch. It wont be overnight of be easy because we are a team without superstars (for the moment). Non WM parents - enjoy the derision now, we will be a force to contend with down the stretch. and to the poster that felt compelled to bring the drama after one loss, we just might not leave any room on the bandwagon for you and the other naysayers when you want to jump back on.
Lets Go Ward!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FWIW - For what it's worth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My opinion: WM lost to a team that played better yesterday, not necessarily a better team. They wanted it more. This is the parody we will see this year. We are seeing it on the college level, and now on the HS. Mark my words, there are more "upsets" to come. Dynasty days are gone. Why? That is a tough question. Many programs lost team cornerstones and are struggling to find their groove. This includes WM, SE, and Northport to name a few. Blaming kids is not the answer. As for F/O, I firmly believe that a team should leave their best guy in there even if he is losing. Sometimes it takes a bit to "figure it out" sometimes the other teams guy is just better, or just hot that day. You are still better off with your best. Throwing in the pole or backup rarely works out. Going forward, we move on from losses and try to grow from them. Playoffs is where it becomes real!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah it was cold everywhere you dope.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM losses to a better WI team by a few goals. 8-6 -r 9-7 not sure.

WM coach deserves all credit, again. he has a very decent team but his decision making is poor, bordering on horrible...

WM coach insists on second middy line being all sophs--all good/great kids and all committed, but none have ability to make a move, dodge, and score at this level, out weighed by 20 pounds. ... completely insane...maybe try a senior and see what happens??? Insane...

FO---the WM coach has three committed kids at x FO, but instead puts in the all american wrestler for the last five, down a few goals...clearly, the coach hasn't changed with the times...coach-FO important now...60 -40 is better than a 50 50 ground ball, ask Syracuse, better yet, ask umass? where you played...

Coach-

Just a poorly managed game. Is it possible that you take a minute and re-evaluate? You have a chance this season to win, but not if you make the decisions you made today. review the tapes, look at the replays, make sure the best are playing...or, stick to your guns and manage based on your relationships and the kids paying your summer tuition

WM-Good luck. Watch the tape!!!!

I watched the game on MSG and just read your post again.

No problem if you want to be critical of the coach but you are way out of line calling out players.

You are demanding seniors play yet your best offensive player is a freshman. You are demanding size yet some of the best players in the game are not very big. Lacrosse is not wrestling and weight has very little to do with a players success on the field.

I do not know about the players on the bench but I have to believe that the coach is playing who he thinks helps the team the most. Tell your son to keep working because you never know when you will get a chance to play. Make sure he is ready.

Who cares if a kid is a senior or freshman? Who cares if the player is committed or not? If the team is successful the coach is doing a decent job. If they lose or if kid plays poorly then I am sure changes will be made and other players will be given a chance.

Your comment regarding "paying your summer tuition" are the most concerning of all. It is bad enough that you think seniority should trump ability or performance but to believe that paying the coach should buy your son playing time is really very telling. Just one reason HS coaches should not be permitted to run for profit summer pay to play teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is my understanding that when the senior all American wrestler came in as a FOGO the score started changing... Not sure if I understand your point. I think if they let him play the field there would have been a major difference in possession certainly and defense too. It was the first time he played all year and there was a swing in momentum when he did. Are you suggesting that the other FO kids should have been used instead because of their college commitments?

How do you think WM does against Yorktown this weekend?
We like the all american kid and agree he should be on the field...just not a fogo-I am not even close to saying the other fogo kids should have played because they are committed-but very much saying that the all american isn't as good at it as any of the other three.

Now, if you were losing every fo (think about that kid from sme we will face in a couple of weeks) and you put him there to battle, like a long pole-excellent coaching move, but that was not the case yesterday.

To your point about "momentum" -he didn't win possession as much as any of the former players, nor did he score nor was he given the opportunity to play defense. Having him run on the field and run off after losing possession is just foolish and poor coaching.

I completely agree the all american kid is an asset the coaches let sit on the side line when his size and strength are the exact attributes the team needed yesterday at middie. I also think he would have been a very strong fit during sachem n game and agree that the outcome could have been different if the coaches let him play yesterday (four or five or even 10 other boys in exactly the same position). Same old political nonsense in our happy little town.

I am not attacking any of the wm players.

We at WM have been watching these boys for ten years and we all know each of them, their strengths and weaknesses and when they are on and when they are not. If some kids weren't on, weren't strong enough, couldn't hit the cage, why not see if one of the other kids sitting on the bench were on, were strong enough, were hitting the cage. You and I agree that yesterday, the all american should have been playing (a lot).

the WM coaching leaves a lot to be desired and while some might say too early to pick on the coach (fair point), my opinion is that the team has an opportunity to actually compete for LI championship this year, so giving the coach a pass on a poorly managed, poorly coached game against WI is wasteful and harmful. And if we were all being honest, we would admit that sachem and commack were close games that could have gone wrong.

WM is still coaching as if the two all Americans from last year were on the field. They are gone -get over it and coach the very evenly talented 42 kids you have.

there is not a kid on that team that isn't as good as the other 41, so if fogo by committee, why not middie by committee or attack by committee or d by committee??? Unlike all the recent past years, we have a pretty even talent pool. Someone will undoubtedly say they are building team chemistry-to that I say bs-these boys have all been playing together for years, pal, travel, in house...they know each other well.

for the record, my boy was in all his normal shifts and didn't have a great day. If I were coaching, would have replaced him in that game for another kid...one of several. getting pulled for having a bad day is exactly what this team needs.

we all have to pay 200 for this stupid video service-my kid uses it-suggest that the coaches do the same...

the only people that will disagree with the above are the parents of the other 14 or 15 kids that always play no matter how poorly they are playing. the parents of all the other 26 equally talented boys watching and freezing on the side, will entirely agree-

I am with them....

I watched this game and agree with your points.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drama

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM coach just wants to win. He is going to play the best kids while also building for the future. most of the 9th/10th kids were all kids that didn't listen to the "one town one team" nonsense and went and played club lacrosse at a much higher level than 3V or WM could offer. their skill sets are much higher, they play at a much faster pace and the results are obvious. That is why D1 schools have verbally committed to many of them. This is a skill game.... most of them don't even play for Patriot Elite and there is no ill will from coaches...He is playing the kids that don't pay him over the ones that do....Coach wants to win and is playing his best at this point. also a very young team so next year and year after the team will be loaded with high level, club players and very experienced kids playing. Senior class this year is not as strong as in past. Watch out NYS, we are coming!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could it just be that WM team had a let down game ?

or

Maybe there is some parity this year among some good (not great) teams with exceptional coaches.

Look, in 3 games between the 3 teams
CHAM / West Islip
Ward Melv/ Cham
&
West Islip / Ward Melv

You had 3 different winners in the three games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM coach just wants to win. He is going to play the best kids while also building for the future. most of the 9th/10th kids were all kids that didn't listen to the "one town one team" nonsense and went and played club lacrosse at a much higher level than 3V or WM could offer. their skill sets are much higher, they play at a much faster pace and the results are obvious. That is why D1 schools have verbally committed to many of them. This is a skill game.... most of them don't even play for Patriot Elite and there is no ill will from coaches...He is playing the kids that don't pay him over the ones that do....Coach wants to win and is playing his best at this point. also a very young team so next year and year after the team will be loaded with high level, club players and very experienced kids playing. Senior class this year is not as strong as in past. Watch out NYS, we are coming!
You are correct. The coach is playing the kids he believes can help the team win, which is exactly what he should be doing regardless of where they play summer ball. None of us are at practice every day and see what they see. What I do take exception to is you making this a town vs. club thing. WM does have a good group of young players that have played club but only two have made contributions to this team so far during game days, so calm down with how great they are until you have a bigger sample size. There are many committed players on the team. Some have played club and some have not and they can all play at a high level. They are all playing together and can all contribute if they play as a team. Stop pushing the club is better than town agenda. It's old at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One town, One team but Three Villages? TThe whole "One Town" rhetoric from out there is pretty hilarious......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could it just be that WM team had a let down game ?

or

Maybe there is some parity this year among some good (not great) teams with exceptional coaches.

Look, in 3 games between the 3 teams
CHAM / West Islip
Ward Melv/ Cham
&
West Islip / Ward Melv

You had 3 different winners in the three games.

Great post- you are exactly right. All the wannabe Dave Pietramala's and Bill Tierney's come on this site and armchair quarterback these games to death. It is getting painful to keep reading these posts. Bye bye for now...enjoy the weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthonys 8-7 over Episcopal, PA.

Episcopal lost 10-1 to Culver, Indiana and 10-3 to McDonough- MD MIAA, just as a frame of reference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Episcopal lost 10-1 to Culver, Indiana and 10-3 to McDonough- MD MIAA, just as a frame of reference.

Episcopals losses were to #16 Culver and #2 ranked McDonough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B-conf small town Yorktown vs. mighty A-conf WM. On paper WM, on the scoreboard?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Episcopal way down this year, not ranked. They have a great fogo,wonder how that battle went?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM 8-2 over Yorktown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened on the GC road trip?? Heard 6 sets of parents were called to go get their kids and take them home before the game. Since they lost I am assuming some good players were involved

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]WM 8-2 over Yorktown [/quote

looks like the HC took all the BOTC posts to heart and finally figured out how to coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No he figured out you're a bunch of dicks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened on the GC road trip?? Heard 6 sets of parents were called to go get their kids and take them home before the game. Since they lost I am assuming some good players were involved
since they lost? Here the excuses come. Bridgewater is good. Have won 27 straight finished #1 in NJ last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Episcopal way down this year, not ranked. They have a great fogo,wonder how that battle went?

I figure it's Better to learn how to win by 1 Rather than lose by 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC going to have a hard time hiding this debacle. 6 players dismissed from team. Lets see if it lasts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC going to have a hard time hiding this debacle. 6 players dismissed from team. Lets see if it lasts

What is the nature of this debacle? Im going to have to assume it involves drinking and/or drug use?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids caught smoking pot. Don't worry, parents will lawyer up and the entitled kids will be back on the field in no time... Shameful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please let GC worry about their situation, please consider the kids family in all of this mess, not from GC. It could be your kid next.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Kids caught smoking pot. Don't worry, parents will lawyer up and the entitled kids will be back on the field in no time... Shameful

Shameful???? Be careful what you say unless your kid is hand cuffed to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please let GC worry about their situation, please consider the kids family in all of this mess, not from GC. It could be your kid next.

Most teams have this issue this one got caught. It is sad this happen... now the rest of you kids/families heed the Warning. No school is immune.

Be thankful you are not dealing with this. Not sure it makes a big difference in or out of season... but some have overcome this use this as a life lesson.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of those boys also booted from the football team in the fall for boozing it up during school homecoming activities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News flash: Lax Bros smoke pot! These kids just dumb enough to get caught. I know this because my son tells me. He is friends with other lacrosse players from all the big powers. Including Catholics. If you think your son isn't doing this , he is either the exception or your head is buried in the sand! So stop with the "Shameful" comments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents not holding their children accountable is shameful. Not the kids.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Parents not holding their children accountable is shameful. Not the kids.

None of us WANT our kids to try drugs.. I am sure the parents are devastated, have a heart, dude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drugs are everywhere, especially for our young people. In this case Im assuming it was an error in judgement. For anyone that has teenage kids this is a constant worry, and for anyone to believe that their kid isnt capable of something like this is foolish and naive. You send your kids out into the world, give them the right information and hope they make good decisions. Sometimes kids make bad decisions as do adults and there are consequences for your actions. Hopefully these kids and parents learn and move on from this and no permanent damage is done to their futures for what seems to be a silly lapse of judgement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Drugs are everywhere, especially for our young people. In this case Im assuming it was an error in judgement. For anyone that has teenage kids this is a constant worry, and for anyone to believe that their kid isnt capable of something like this is foolish and naive. You send your kids out into the world, give them the right information and hope they make good decisions. Sometimes kids make bad decisions as do adults and there are consequences for your actions. Hopefully these kids and parents learn and move on from this and no permanent damage is done to their futures for what seems to be a silly lapse of judgement."

CONSEQUENCES ARE THE KEY... a kid from a less affluent community would probably have ended up in jail under similar circumstances. How you rise above these self imposed situations is the key to character. Who has it , and who doesn't.

Page 21 of 77 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard