BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,094
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 80 of 128 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yup... you and your son sound like a parent/player that can not make it on a good lacrosse club. Filled with anger that your son is not as good as other kids and claim everyone is cheating. Enjoy your sub par year keep posting you dumb crap on this site....

I think we can all agree that it is not technically cheating. That said, we all agree that the Crabs only dominate when they play younger teams. You may laugh, but we are ALL laughing harder. Talent doesn't ever need to play down to win or get recruited. I think we all saw that this past week.

That is the point the Crabs seem to miss- that REAL talent plays up and not down. Pretty funny that they still don't get that and that when they win, everyone just shakes their head because the Crabs think it is because of talent. They remain the last ones to get it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never viewed it as an investment or future windfall in scholarship money. My on age D1 commit is not projected to receive much more than that in athletic aid than the annual expense figure you accurately show. But it has been a great experience playing with and against some of best kids in his class for the past four years despite the time and expense involved. If the kid has the passion and skill to play at that elite club level and the parents can afford it - why the angst? What I find absurd is the kids that holdback / reclassify!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many non holdback are on 2020 crabs. Anyone know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only 7 or 8 are left. I'd be interested to know how many of this years team played in the WSYL loss to 91 last year where the cutoff was only June 1, 2001. I bet it's only those 7 or 8.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to get a life.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs teams are always good and they always get 100+ kids to tryout. Not getting why they don't just ditch this charade of pulling kids down a year to make them stand out more considering they are good enough players anyways.

I'd lose self respect if I gave my son a crutch to play down. It violates every life lesson sports can teach a boy and cheapens the kids out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only 7 or 8 are left. I'd be interested to know how many of this years team played in the WSYL loss to 91 last year where the cutoff was only June 1, 2001. I bet it's only those 7 or 8.

If that number is correct, and I have no reason to doubt it, then there are 17 holdbacks. Their 2020 roster for 2016 has 25 players, so this is in line with what Ryan McClernan does with players, tells them in order to stay with Crabs, they must repeat a year.
What a disgusting man and program, yet many parents buy into this BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs is and always will be a target for these kinds of attacks. Usually the best teams will. I know that the youngest Crabs team has 0 playbacks. They are very good and well coached. They will win a lot this year and may loose a few as well. After every win you will hear parents claim foul and crabs cheats. Parents seem to need to find a way to make excuses for a loss instead of moving on and getting better. I find it quite funny to sit back and listen to parents on the sideline

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...I find it quite funny to sit back and listen to parents on the sideline

That's what we all say about Crabs parents!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree Crabs teams are always good and only the best tryout and make the teams. That's why they will always be a target for attacks. The kids are talented and really they are kids....Take a break from your high horse

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs is and always will be a target for these kinds of attacks. Usually the best teams will. I know that the youngest Crabs team has 0 playbacks. They are very good and well coached. They will win a lot this year and may loose a few as well. After every win you will hear parents claim foul and crabs cheats. Parents seem to need to find a way to make excuses for a loss instead of moving on and getting better. I find it quite funny to sit back and listen to parents on the sideline

The holdbacks will change. The 2020 team only kept a few kids on the team from just 2 years ago. They brought down 3 from the 2019 team from last year as well as having another several kids repeat a grade to go from other clubs as 2019 players to Crabs 2020. Hope your kid doesn't end up being one of the kids left out in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The youngest Crabs team is 2023, so these kids are 10 years old and most likely at this point have not been held back.
However, moving forward in the Crabs program, at some point, usually when they are approaching 7th or 8th grade, many will be approached and advised that if they wish to remain with the program they will need to repeat a grade.
This is how Ryan M works the grade base system and if you look at Crabs 2021 and especially the 2020 team for this year, there are many holdbacks. The 2020 team even has two double holdbacks.
This is the sole reason why Crabs is a target, is simply because they violate the true spirit of grade base lacrosse.
Yes, other parents will, at times, [lacrosse] about
Crabs, but it is simply for the reason they violate the system. When a team does lose to Crabs, most do not count it as a loss, they simply know that they played a team much older and bigger, again, how Ryan McClernan "works" the system.
Most club teams have holdbacks, usually 1 to 3, but Crabs 2020 has a crap load of holdbacks. Go watch this team, you can look at the players and quickly tell they are not 13 or 14 years old, most are approaching 15 by this spring and a few close to 16.
Why parents would let their kids participate in this kind environment is beyond me. This is not teaching them proper life lessons.
The above info is correct as we know of several players on 2020 who were approached and asked to repeat a grade to remain with Crabs. There is no way I would ever let my son play for this organization and he has no desire to. He plays with another 2020 elite team that has a few holdbacks, and they were for pure academic reasons, not for lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be an FCA parent. Hope your last name is Kelly or you write 100k checks to FCA. If not your kid may not get any playing time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha...absolutely accurate..perfect

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be an FCA parent. Hope your last name is Kelly or you write 100k checks to FCA. If not your kid may not get any playing time

Nope, completely wrong, not FCA. Funny how Crabs parents are so quick to push back and try and downgrade another program when they know they involved with the cesspool of youth grade base lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope not a Crabs parents. It's funny how all non-crabs parents think that everyone who disagrees with them is a Crabs parent....You are a bit over the top with you dramatic comments. Get off your high horse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, completely wrong, not FCA. Funny how Crabs parents are so quick to push back and try and downgrade another program when they know they involved with the cesspool of youth grade base lacrosse.

Must be Looney's then.... Must feel great to have your kid play on a bar team... I hear they may change their name to chicos bail bonds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must be Looney's then.... Must feel great to have your kid play on a bar team... I hear they may change their name to chicos bail bonds

Yeah what complete losers! Trying to grow the game at a community grassroots level. I really wish community establishments would get out of youth sports so they can all be run as for profit industries. That would be so much better. You know everything is better when it involves a bottom line with youth sports.

You get my sarcasm? Would rather play on Chico's team that has some integrity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2015 Crabs 2020 team has players who went to Hawks, Next Level, 91MD, FCA, Looneys, etc. Including the MVP of the WSYL semifinal game. Don't expect to be there long if you don't re-class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2015 Crabs 2020 team has players who went to Hawks, Next Level, 91MD, FCA, Looneys, etc. Including the MVP of the WSYL semifinal game. Don't expect to be there long if you don't re-class.

You mean the kid that's now a backup....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah what complete losers! Trying to grow the game at a community grassroots level. I really wish community establishments would get out of youth sports so they can all be run as for profit industries. That would be so much better. You know everything is better when it involves a bottom line with youth sports.

Looney's? Integrity? Hahahaha. Yes, I do get your sarcasm!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another Daddy Ball organization...How kids did Doyle run out this year???Uhhg the 2021 team and really all of the other teams are just terribly coached and just bad..2020 being the exception

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not associated with Looney's but that team has so much more integrity than Crabs ever will. Just look at the person who founded Crabs and runs their for profit part of the program. There is where his interest is focused. That and the holdback scam that he runs, you know, older and bigger kids are always going to make him look like a great coach, which he isn't.
Just watch old Ryan at a game, his lacrosse IQ is very low.
As for bar teams, Looney's, Green Turtle, Koopers, they all have so much more integrity than
Crabs or their leader ever will. And it appears that the parents fall right into the same category. You need to reach down and pull your head out to see what is really going on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not associated with Looney's but that team has so much more integrity than Crabs ever will. Just look at the person who founded Crabs and runs their for profit part of the program. There is where his interest is focused. That and the holdback scam that he runs, you know, older and bigger kids are always going to make him look like a great coach, which he isn't.
Just watch old Ryan at a game, his lacrosse IQ is very low.
As for bar teams, Looney's, Green Turtle, Koopers, they all have so much more integrity than
Crabs or their leader ever will. And it appears that the parents fall right into the same category. You need to reach down and pull your head out to see what is really going on.

See that's the funny part..He makes no money from his teams...Where he does make his money is from his tournaments..No different than Hawks or Madlax...Get you facts straight. Looney's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See that's the funny part..He makes no money from his teams...Where he does make his money is from his tournaments..No different than Hawks or Madlax...Get you facts straight. Looney's

Ever see the team line up in a Crabs tournament. Ryan M makes sure his teams play against the weakest teams so that the Crab teams have a better shot getting to the championship game. This low like even "games" his tournaments.
Those are the straight facts, Crab dad. Now again, reach down and pull you head out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's kicked a junior and a sophomore team to the curb, forcing those parents to scramble. That's real integrity for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The holdbacks will change. The 2020 team only kept a few kids on the team from just 2 years ago. They brought down 3 from the 2019 team from last year as well as having another several kids repeat a grade to go from other clubs as 2019 players to Crabs 2020. Hope your kid doesn't end up being one of the kids left out in the future.

100% agree! Their 2020 team looks nothing like it did 2 yrs ago. You think your kid won't get bumped down? Well, maybe they'll ride the bench then while the older kids play for them on their team. I still think it is a shame that some of the faces of the Crabs seen all over tv in Denver were cut for older kids. Disgraceful.

If the Crabs have the best 100 plus kids at try outs why do they need to keep having their older kids play on younger teams? Seems odd- no? If 2/3 of a team was reclassed at some point, you'd think parents would realize their kids are being dumbed down. Talented kids and teams challenge themselves. It's comical how the parents of this organization feel proud of their kids. I'd be embarrassed for my kid or team if they played younger kids regularly and couldn't man up and play on age. While not technically cheating, it's cheating the kids out of being the best they can be and robbing others of a spot that belong there. Embarrassing to down your kid down in the classroom and the field- period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's kicked a junior and a sophomore team to the curb, forcing those parents to scramble. That's real integrity for you.

No, they did not kick them to the curb. Both teams were weak, this was explained to the parents/players and they were upfront with them. Rather than put them in any league where they would not do well at all, they gave them a chance to find other clubs to play for and have an opportunity to grow.
That is much better than just putting them in a league and not be able to perform. That is showing integrity and honesty.

Do you think king Crab daddy would have done this in the same situation? I'd say no, he would just take their money and slowly bring in older players to replace them.
Crab parents/fans are just as obnoxious and disgraceful as the leader of the cesspool, Ryan M. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they did not kick them to the curb. Both teams were weak, this was explained to the parents/players and they were upfront with them. Rather than put them in any league where they would not do well at all, they gave them a chance to find other clubs to play for and have an opportunity to grow.
That is much better than just putting them in a league and not be able to perform. That is showing integrity and honesty.

Do you think king Crab daddy would have done this in the same situation? I'd say no, he would just take their money and slowly bring in older players to replace them.
Crab parents/fans are just as obnoxious and disgraceful as the leader of the cesspool, Ryan M. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, again.

Dude you are a fucktard...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude you are a fucktard...

Doubt you even know what that means, but I bet your wife does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The youngest Crabs team is 2023, so these kids are 10 years old and most likely at this point have not been held back.
However, moving forward in the Crabs program, at some point, usually when they are approaching 7th or 8th grade, many will be approached and advised that if they wish to remain with the program they will need to repeat a grade.
This is how Ryan M works the grade base system and if you look at Crabs 2021 and especially the 2020 team for this year, there are many holdbacks. The 2020 team even has two double holdbacks.
This is the sole reason why Crabs is a target, is simply because they violate the true spirit of grade base lacrosse.
Yes, other parents will, at times, [lacrosse] about
Crabs, but it is simply for the reason they violate the system. When a team does lose to Crabs, most do not count it as a loss, they simply know that they played a team much older and bigger, again, how Ryan McClernan "works" the system.
Most club teams have holdbacks, usually 1 to 3, but Crabs 2020 has a crap load of holdbacks. Go watch this team, you can look at the players and quickly tell they are not 13 or 14 years old, most are approaching 15 by this spring and a few close to 16.
Why parents would let their kids participate in this kind environment is beyond me. This is not teaching them proper life lessons.
The above info is correct as we know of several players on 2020 who were approached and asked to repeat a grade to remain with Crabs. There is no way I would ever let my son play for this organization and he has no desire to. He plays with another 2020 elite team that has a few holdbacks, and they were for pure academic reasons, not for lacrosse.

academic holdback is still wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's probably the dumbest thing you've said since your last post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a kid does K or 1st twice for school reasons how is this wrong. I agree he should play up a grade level until this 8th grade year in the spring. But this family made a choice that is best for the son. So there is no way this family should be lumped in with the 8th grade repeaters with great grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's probably the dumbest thing you've said since your last post.

What is? No one knows what you are even referring to. Seems Crabs people can't get anything right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holdback effect has been awesome for my son. He is on age and knows there is an unfair advantage but has responded by working harder to compensate. This is the real world and overcoming the cheaters of the world is one of the best life lessons one can learn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is crabs 2021 not trying to qualify for World Series of Youth Lacrosse? Last year they are runners up and this you they don't even compete. I know 2021 isn't loaded up like 2020 but still a decent team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about that tournament? It is a sham. Last year, it only had two decent teams (albeit the 2 best in the US). The rest of the field was terrible.

With the exception of the TV angle, it is basically like the [lacrosse]'s tournament - a faraway tournament with 2-3 really good teams and the rest are garbage. That's a lot to make parents pay just so that they can brag in the carpool line that their son was on TV.

If the tournament was held on the East Coast and you could get the best teams from the tri-state are and mid-atlantic, it would be a much different story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about that tournament? It is a sham. Last year, it only had two decent teams (albeit the 2 best in the US). The rest of the field was terrible.

With the exception of the TV angle, it is basically like the [lacrosse]'s tournament - a faraway tournament with 2-3 really good teams and the rest are garbage. That's a lot to make parents pay just so that they can brag in the carpool line that their son was on TV.

If the tournament was held on the East Coast and you could get the best teams from the tri-state are and mid-atlantic, it would be a much different story.

Hey [lacrosse], you are way out of line calling a youth lacrosse team garbage. If they are not a strong team, say they are not that strong, but saying they are garbage is putting them in your class, and I am sure they do not want to be there with a butthead like you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is an age restriction in that tournament. The 2021 team has over ten kids that would be too old. They would not be able to field a team in that tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is the age restriction?

Like Reply Quote
Page 80 of 128 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 127 128
Quick Reply