The 'Pro Women's Lacrosse Clinic' date was changed to Oct. 13th || Last Day to Register for the Shore2Shore K-1 Clinic

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 09:20 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 08:24 PM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 07:58 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 07:08 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 11:29 AM
Girls 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 05:58 PM
Boys 2023
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 04:56 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,766
Posts255,136
Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 205 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 204 205
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #157503
04/01/16 02:11 PM
04/01/16 02:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



LOL YOUR A FUNNY RICHARD !!!!!!!

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #157513
04/01/16 03:55 PM
04/01/16 03:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just a note to add, the Pequa coach went to Syosset because they pay better. Had nothing to do with coaching a "winner" had to do with coaching for $$. And he is a fantastic guy who every Massapequa kid loves. Big loss, but he went for money, which is just fine with everyone but Bernie Sanders supporters!!


I call BS on this - nobody is moving from one assistant coaching job to another just for money. They just don't make that much at either school to justify leaving your work job on the south shore and driving to the north shore 5 days a week for maybe a couple of hundred extra bucks a year. I do not know him or have any idea why he decided to make the move back to Syosset but I doubt that money was the driving force


I call BS squared on you my good man. You say you don't know the recently former Pequa coach but you say he "Moved Back" to Syo. It has never been brought up in any post yet somehow you knew he had previously coached in Syosset.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #157516
04/01/16 03:59 PM
04/01/16 03:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm not sure who's posting this misguided information about JC. Could it be parents of kids not playing? Having 2 sons go through this program, I've might not have seen eye to eye with the coaching staff, but both of them did just fine. You see lacrosse is only part of your kid's future! Shouldn't education be very important. As far as the coaching staff goes they are united not divide! If anyone is to blame let it be NCAA that is allowing players (as early as 8th grade) to contact coaches therefore, verbal commitments are made. This becomes a problem for High School Coaches because those parents believe their kids should be moved up or starting. I have witnessed this first hand. You see, high school is like college in that you want to win at any cost. Are you going to deny a player who excels at football and lacrosse, the right to start because he chooses football over lacrosse? Should a player be denied a starting position because he hasn't decide early on what college is the right fit for him? Are you going to play an upper classman over a freshman who has better all around skills? [lacrosse] no people! If your kid can't handle standing on the sidelines tell him to go out and work harder! In college your not treated with kid gloves. If your kid can't take "harsh" criticism then college lacrosse is not for him! Here's a wonderful statement from a top notch, respected, D1 lacrosse coach that he gives every recruit's parents: I have an open door policy and you can come and talk to me at any time. There are only 3 things I want you to think about before you knock on my door 1-I think I know a little more about lacrosse than you do. 2- I'm going to be brutally honest with you. And 3 - I don't love your kid as much as you love your kid.
This is what your player faces in college lacrosse! If you think JC is tough then college lacrosse is not for them!
Lastly, fans are the same no matter where you! They hate the refs if they are losing and they blame the coaching staff if their team loses! 😉

There's a difference between being tough and dishonest. Lack of integrity has NOTHING to do with being a tough coach. It's more than 2 or 3 kids standing on the sideline who take issue with the tactics and empty promises and if you think that's all you are dillusional. Glad it worked out for your two kids.


TR sympathizers can leave and if you think he triumphantly returns and your kid will be rewarded you are mistaken.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #157528
04/01/16 05:08 PM
04/01/16 05:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Just a note to add, the Pequa coach went to Syosset because they pay better. Had nothing to do with coaching a "winner" had to do with coaching for $$. And he is a fantastic guy who every Massapequa kid loves. Big loss, but he went for money, which is just fine with everyone but Bernie Sanders supporters!!


I call BS on this - nobody is moving from one assistant coaching job to another just for money. They just don't make that much at either school to justify leaving your work job on the south shore and driving to the north shore 5 days a week for maybe a couple of hundred extra bucks a year. I do not know him or have any idea why he decided to make the move back to Syosset but I doubt that money was the driving force


Not a big secret in Massapequa or Syosset that he had previously coached in Syosset and that does not take away from the main point that it is hard to believe that an assistants job in Syosset could pay that much more than assistants job in Massapequa to be the reason for the change.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #157547
04/01/16 09:00 PM
04/01/16 09:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm not sure who's posting this misguided information about JC. Could it be parents of kids not playing? Having 2 sons go through this program, I've might not have seen eye to eye with the coaching staff, but both of them did just fine. You see lacrosse is only part of your kid's future! Shouldn't education be very important. As far as the coaching staff goes they are united not divide! If anyone is to blame let it be NCAA that is allowing players (as early as 8th grade) to contact coaches therefore, verbal commitments are made. This becomes a problem for High School Coaches because those parents believe their kids should be moved up or starting. I have witnessed this first hand. You see, high school is like college in that you want to win at any cost. Are you going to deny a player who excels at football and lacrosse, the right to start because he chooses football over lacrosse? Should a player be denied a starting position because he hasn't decide early on what college is the right fit for him? Are you going to play an upper classman over a freshman who has better all around skills? [lacrosse] no people! If your kid can't handle standing on the sidelines tell him to go out and work harder! In college your not treated with kid gloves. If your kid can't take "harsh" criticism then college lacrosse is not for him! Here's a wonderful statement from a top notch, respected, D1 lacrosse coach that he gives every recruit's parents: I have an open door policy and you can come and talk to me at any time. There are only 3 things I want you to think about before you knock on my door 1-I think I know a little more about lacrosse than you do. 2- I'm going to be brutally honest with you. And 3 - I don't love your kid as much as you love your kid.
This is what your player faces in college lacrosse! If you think JC is tough then college lacrosse is not for them!
Lastly, fans are the same no matter where you! They hate the refs if they are losing and they blame the coaching staff if their team loses! 😉


Your not sure who is posting this stuff. Well it's coming from within. We're you not at the parent meeting with everyone yelling and screaming at each other. Are you not aware of kids turning other kids in for things they do, so they can get a chance to play. The infighting, the back stabbing by both the parents and players is crazy. If you are unaware of this then you are 100% disconnected and have your head buried in the sand.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #157548
04/01/16 09:23 PM
04/01/16 09:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Just a note to add, the Pequa coach went to Syosset because they pay better. Had nothing to do with coaching a "winner" had to do with coaching for $$. And he is a fantastic guy who every Massapequa kid loves. Big loss, but he went for money, which is just fine with everyone but Bernie Sanders supporters!!


I call BS on this - nobody is moving from one assistant coaching job to another just for money. They just don't make that much at either school to justify leaving your work job on the south shore and driving to the north shore 5 days a week for maybe a couple of hundred extra bucks a year. I do not know him or have any idea why he decided to make the move back to Syosset but I doubt that money was the driving force


Not a big secret in Massapequa or Syosset that he had previously coached in Syosset and that does not take away from the main point that it is hard to believe that an assistants job in Syosset could pay that much more than assistants job in Massapequa to be the reason for the change.


Maybe he left for some credit. He's a lacrosse guy. His former boss never played the game. I know I know, all the geniuses will tell me you don't have to have played the game to be a great coach. Tell that to the assistant that does all of the work for little recognition.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #157584
04/02/16 01:52 PM
04/02/16 01:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



WM over chammy---9 8

wet and sloppy but fun to watch...

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #157592
04/02/16 03:12 PM
04/02/16 03:12 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Another down year for Chaminade. They are not very good.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #157596
04/02/16 04:15 PM
04/02/16 04:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another down year for Chaminade. They are not very good.


I'm an alum who was at the game today. I completely agree.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #157598
04/02/16 04:37 PM
04/02/16 04:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
WM over chammy---9 8

wet and sloppy but fun to watch...

Wasn't at the game, but are people seriously saying that Chaminade is not a good team because they are playing top teams to 1-2 goals? Ok so they didn't win, but they are playing top teams- doesn't put them on top, but also doesn't make them a poor team. And for the record- I don't have a kid on the team- just think people are crazy for slamming teams left and right. It's as if you can only win and never lose to be considered a good team. I assume you were all Olympic gold medalists or national champs at your sport.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #157601
04/02/16 04:50 PM
04/02/16 04:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



St Anthony's win 15 to 6 against Greenwich

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #157604
04/02/16 05:15 PM
04/02/16 05:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another down year for Chaminade. They are not very good.


I'm an alum who was at the game today. I completely agree.
I To am an alum of Chaminade and the lacrosse team. and was at the game. No Excuse's Ward Melville played a very good game today, made plays when they needed to and saves when the had to also. Chaminade seemed to be in a fog waiting for someone/anyone to make a play. If they don't get it together quick it could be a very tough week with games against St A's and Manhasset in the next 7 days.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #157606
04/02/16 05:20 PM
04/02/16 05:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WM over chammy---9 8

wet and sloppy but fun to watch...

Wasn't at the game, but are people seriously saying that Chaminade is not a good team because they are playing top teams to 1-2 goals? Ok so they didn't win, but they are playing top teams- doesn't put them on top, but also doesn't make them a poor team. And for the record- I don't have a kid on the team- just think people are crazy for slamming teams left and right. It's as if you can only win and never lose to be considered a good team. I assume you were all Olympic gold medalists or national champs at your sport.


They are an All Star team with kids from all over the Island. Stop with the excuses. I'd love to know how many came out for the Ward Melville team and how many they cut. Bet it wasn't more than Chammy.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #157607
04/02/16 05:20 PM
04/02/16 05:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WM over chammy---9 8

wet and sloppy but fun to watch...

Wasn't at the game, but are people seriously saying that Chaminade is not a good team because they are playing top teams to 1-2 goals? Ok so they didn't win, but they are playing top teams- doesn't put them on top, but also doesn't make them a poor team. And for the record- I don't have a kid on the team- just think people are crazy for slamming teams left and right. It's as if you can only win and never lose to be considered a good team. I assume you were all Olympic gold medalists or national champs at your sport.


What about all 5he Chammy parents bragging about all their D1 commits, blah blah blah, and still can't beat public. Embarrassment!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #157614
04/02/16 06:58 PM
04/02/16 06:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



They last lost three in a row in 2009. Ut oh. St Anthony's is next.

Page 46 of 205 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 204 205



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1