BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 77 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Just a note to add, the Pequa coach went to Syosset because they pay better. Had nothing to do with coaching a "winner" had to do with coaching for $$. And he is a fantastic guy who every Massapequa kid loves. Big loss, but he went for money, which is just fine with everyone but Bernie Sanders supporters!!

I call BS on this - nobody is moving from one assistant coaching job to another just for money. They just don't make that much at either school to justify leaving your work job on the south shore and driving to the north shore 5 days a week for maybe a couple of hundred extra bucks a year. I do not know him or have any idea why he decided to make the move back to Syosset but I doubt that money was the driving force

Not a big secret in Massapequa or Syosset that he had previously coached in Syosset and that does not take away from the main point that it is hard to believe that an assistants job in Syosset could pay that much more than assistants job in Massapequa to be the reason for the change.

Maybe he left for some credit. He's a lacrosse guy. His former boss never played the game. I know I know, all the geniuses will tell me you don't have to have played the game to be a great coach. Tell that to the assistant that does all of the work for little recognition.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM over chammy---9 8

wet and sloppy but fun to watch...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another down year for Chaminade. They are not very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm an alum who was at the game today. I completely agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM over chammy---9 8

Wasn't at the game, but are people seriously saying that Chaminade is not a good team because they are playing top teams to 1-2 goals? Ok so they didn't win, but they are playing top teams- doesn't put them on top, but also doesn't make them a poor team. And for the record- I don't have a kid on the team- just think people are crazy for slamming teams left and right. It's as if you can only win and never lose to be considered a good team. I assume you were all Olympic gold medalists or national champs at your sport.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony's win 15 to 6 against Greenwich

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm an alum who was at the game today. I completely agree.
I To am an alum of Chaminade and the lacrosse team. and was at the game. No Excuse's Ward Melville played a very good game today, made plays when they needed to and saves when the had to also. Chaminade seemed to be in a fog waiting for someone/anyone to make a play. If they don't get it together quick it could be a very tough week with games against St A's and Manhasset in the next 7 days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM over chammy---9 8

Wasn't at the game, but are people seriously saying that Chaminade is not a good team because they are playing top teams to 1-2 goals? Ok so they didn't win, but they are playing top teams- doesn't put them on top, but also doesn't make them a poor team. And for the record- I don't have a kid on the team- just think people are crazy for slamming teams left and right. It's as if you can only win and never lose to be considered a good team. I assume you were all Olympic gold medalists or national champs at your sport.

They are an All Star team with kids from all over the Island. Stop with the excuses. I'd love to know how many came out for the Ward Melville team and how many they cut. Bet it wasn't more than Chammy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM over chammy---9 8

What about all 5he Chammy parents bragging about all their D1 commits, blah blah blah, and still can't beat public. Embarrassment!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They last lost three in a row in 2009. Ut oh. St Anthony's is next.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are spot on
Parents must be a bit miffed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They last lost three in a row in 2009. Ut oh. St Anthony's is next.

Not a Catholic fan by any means, but LET'S Go ST. A! #thatswhathappenswhenyougetcocky

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM over chammy---9 8

What about all 5he Chammy parents bragging about all their D1 commits, blah blah blah, and still can't beat public. Embarrassment!

So jealous. Go away loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM over chammy---9 8

Jealous of what? Putting your son on a train? Spending $$$ for what you can get for free? You should be embarrassed that all that extra smoke and mirrors didn't pan out. All the loyal public kids are mocking you right now! And the way it looks now, you really need to get on your shinebox!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM over chammy---9 8

They are an All Star team with kids from all over the Island. Stop with the excuses. I'd love to know how many came out for the Ward Melville team and how many they cut. Bet it wasn't more than Chammy.

Why do you call them an All Star Team? They might have kids from all over but who says they have the best kids from all over? The best kids in our town don't go there.

No excuses, they simply are not very good. Did you watch the game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Spending $$$ for what you can get for free?"

I have four kids. Three boys and a girl. 2 Cham, one public, one St A. You simply cannot compare the education at Cham to the other two. Worth every single penny. My experience. My guess is that the poster who wrote this question does not have a son let alone any relative who attended Chaminade. My guess is that you have no frame of reference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have four kids. Three boys and a girl. 2 Cham, one public, one St A. You simply cannot compare the education at Cham to the other two. Worth every single penny. My experience. My guess is that the poster who wrote this question does not have a son let alone any relative who attended Chaminade. My guess is that you have no frame of reference.

My son is at public he has received a stellar education and is headed off to a great school. He has several teammates headed to top Ivies. No need to waste money on what we have enjoyed as a part of our tax payments. Community pride and well earned accomplishments will always be cherished memories. I'm proud to say we did not seek to find the greener grass, because it was right here all along!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is at public he has received a stellar education and is headed off to a great school. He has several teammates headed to top Ivies. No need to waste money on what we have enjoyed as a part of our tax payments. Community pride and well earned accomplishments will always be cherished memories. I'm proud to say we did not seek to find the greener grass, because it was right here all along!

Look at the other benefit of attending Chaminade. A lifetime membership in the Pompous Club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son has "several teammates heading to top Ivies," you no doubt live in a very highly regarded school district. Not everyone can say the same thing. As such, there are many Catholic Long Islanders who like where they live but choose to spend some money -- not "waste" it -- on a Catholic education. It is a personal choice. And your disparagement of parents who make that choice is as insipid as it is obnoxious. Stick to lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great for you! Sounds amazing. What public school district?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM over chammy---9 8

Jealous of what? Putting your son on a train? Spending $$$ for what you can get for free? You should be embarrassed that all that extra smoke and mirrors didn't pan out. All the loyal public kids are mocking you right now! And the way it looks now, you really need to get on your shinebox!

The score was 9-8 dummy. One of the closest games I've ever seen. Unfortunately, because of your biased, hating, mentality, your very limited brain lead you to believe it was a blow out.I truly hope you are not an adult. Such a loser…...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony's win 15 to 6 against Greenwich

Isn't that what was supposed to happen? Seems like they beat up on a B Team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the other benefit of attending Chaminade. A lifetime membership in the Pompous Club.

Your kid didn't get in huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid didn't get in huh?

Didn't apply

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What some of you people forget is how far a Chaminade diploma goes in the future . Plenty of oppurunity there. You lax heads need to stop thinking lacrosse is the whole world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations, you happen to be the exception rather than the rule. Most LI Publics do not have a TOP quality education AND a solid lacrosse program. Getting a private school education is anything but a waste of money, take a look where Chaminade kids are matriculating to college and get back to me. As for community pride, thats an absolute joke. The only time there is community pride is when the team is winning, otherwise there is backstabbing, complaining and general discontent, take a look whats going on with this board in regards to GC and Syosset. People dont give a crap about community, they want THEIR kid to be successful and the team to be good. Im glad it worked out for you and your kids but dont disparage other peoples choices because honestly you have no clue what youre talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM over chammy---9 8

Why do you call them an All Star Team? They might have kids from all over but who says they have the best kids from all over? The best kids in our town don't go there.

They lost to a very good Ward Melville team, nothing to be ashamed of. Ward Melville draws from a huge talent pool as their school district encompasses many towns and they have a long tradition of winning and putting out highly regarded lacrosse players. They didnt lose to Pat-Med or Brentwood so lets relax.

If Chaminade isnt very good, what does that say about West Islip, who they beat up on pretty good? Its early season still, lets see what happens and make our judgments at the end of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to chaminade forum
No one cares to hear a bunch of blow hards keep trying to convince themselves how great there school is. My kids never did and never will consider a school like chaminade so stop believing their are chaminade kids and then the kids who wish they were. What you are seeing now this lax season is that the hype will never live up to reality

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM over chammy---9 8

They lost to a very good Ward Melville team, nothing to be ashamed of. Ward Melville draws from a huge talent pool as their school district encompasses many towns and they have a long tradition of winning and putting out highly regarded lacrosse players. They didnt lose to Pat-Med or Brentwood so lets relax.

If Chaminade isnt very good, what does that say about West Islip, who they beat up on pretty good? Its early season still, lets see what happens and make our judgments at the end of the year.

Leave to a Chamindade parent to start with the excuses. You lost because a town team who was better. Kind of like Express losing to a PAL team. Embarrassment plain and simple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM over chammy---9 8

Was WI ranked in the National top 20? No. Was Chaminade? Yes. Do Chaminade people come on here and brag non-stop about how great their team is? Yes. Will Chaminade still be in the top 20? No.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM over chammy---9 8

Leave to a Chamindade parent to start with the excuses. You lost because a town team who was better. Kind of like Express losing to a PAL team. Embarrassment plain and simple

I didnt see any excuses in there at all. So in your warped view of reality a private school should never lose to a public school? Do you know anything about Ward Melville? Not a Chaminade parent either so sorry to disappoint you, Im just not understanding why everyone is so up in arms about Chaminade losing to a very good lacrosse team that happens to be a public school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM isn't ranked in national top 20. Those BS rankings are based on reported D1 commits and political connections the so called experts have with club and high school coaches. They should never be given total credibility.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM is not even the top public program at the moment, several others as good or better. Chaminade is lucky the don't face Syosset, who would really give them a shalacking!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same Shaka king they gave CSH, lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"What some of you people forget is how far a Chaminade diploma goes in the future . Plenty of oppurunity there. You lax heads need to stop thinking lacrosse is the whole world."

Seriously?

Geez I would believe you if you said a Notre Dame Stanford etc. IVY etc degree will take you places, but one from High School? Its been about 8-9 years now that a college degree is about as useful as a HS diploma was 30 years ago, just an entry level to a career. Its where your graduate school degree is from is where it matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when Syo doesn't even win Nassau this year don't get too mad bud

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CHS is just another public that would beat Cham

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't CSH and Bronxville very small schools? Why is Class A power Syo having difficulty with such small schools?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No......the same shaka Zulu..Geez

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't CSH and Bronxville very small schools? Why is Class A power Syo having difficulty with such small schools?

What makes you think Syosset is any good? When was the last time they won a state championship? They talk the best game in town but when you look at their trophy case, only participation medals.

Page 18 of 77 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard