03/27/16 02:39 PM
03/27/16 02:39 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on you never heard of the Anti Chaminade meetings at people homes before decisions are made. Promises that little Johnny will be brought up to Varsity if he stays at GC fully aware that once the school year starts the kid is stuck because you can not transfer into Chaminade. Coaches telling the parents how important their kid is to the program. That is why the other kid is at ST Anthonys.

Quick question, If you have a kid in GC and you don;t send him to the Coaches winter "optional" workouts at the center and you want to use your own personal guy and you play for another summer team in 7th 8th 9th grade what are the chances you will even make the team in GC and if you are from GC you will know exactly what I am talking about. Also what is the cost of these programs and who is running them. Maverick my -ss

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #156832
03/27/16 02:48 PM
03/27/16 02:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you made a "huge mistake" then your son belongs in public school not another private. Then you would be making another "huge mistake". Obviously by huge you mean you thought your son was good enough to play sports there. Most parents know the work load before they send their kids and hope the sports side works out.

Or you are just making the whole story up which is the way I am leaning

He is good enough. But we know how "politics" plays into everything in life. Choose your club team wisely.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #156833
03/27/16 02:51 PM
03/27/16 02:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RVC cries that they take the biggest hit.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #156840
03/27/16 05:14 PM
03/27/16 05:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes agreed GC loses its share of kids to Chaminade but how many are lax players. 4-5 are on Varsity team now tops and of those who are seeing the field 1 -2. But how many towns have the system in place that GC has starting at 6-7 yr olds. How many leave GC because of other factors like not getting a fair chance to play because of their last name. I heard it is so bad one kid actually is at St Anthonys. If you are willing to travel to St Anthonys from GC every day it must have been bad.
I guess time will tell. the season will go on. If they keep losing this blog will get real interesting.

Many families send their sons to Chaminade and St. Anythony's for reason other than athletic playing time. If the kid is going to St. Anthony's it has nothing to do with lacrosse or another sport - it must have to be the academics. Nobody in their right mind would schlep that far for lacrosse.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #156842
03/27/16 06:56 PM
03/27/16 06:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes agreed GC loses its share of kids to Chaminade but how many are lax players. 4-5 are on Varsity team now tops and of those who are seeing the field 1 -2. But how many towns have the system in place that GC has starting at 6-7 yr olds. How many leave GC because of other factors like not getting a fair chance to play because of their last name. I heard it is so bad one kid actually is at St Anthonys. If you are willing to travel to St Anthonys from GC every day it must have been bad.
I guess time will tell. the season will go on. If they keep losing this blog will get real interesting.

Many families send their sons to Chaminade and St. Anythony's for reason other than athletic playing time. If the kid is going to St. Anthony's it has nothing to do with lacrosse or another sport - it must have to be the academics. Nobody in their right mind would schlep that far for lacrosse.

St. Anthony's is not a good academic school. FACT!

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #156849
03/27/16 07:50 PM
03/27/16 07:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

days who

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #156850
03/27/16 07:52 PM
03/27/16 07:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please back up your fact comment. With stats why what are your facts

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #156853
03/27/16 07:58 PM
03/27/16 07:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you kidding me. There is only 2 reasons to go to St Anthonys and they are you live close by or you were recruited to play a sport. You do not go to St Anthonys for academics. Just look at the Building. When the Under Armour sign is bigger than the school name it tells you they are not about the academics

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #156855
03/27/16 08:26 PM
03/27/16 08:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FACT??? Really? I'd like to see your info on that to back up your ridiculous statement!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #156858
03/27/16 08:32 PM
03/27/16 08:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please back up your fact comment. With stats why what are your facts

Practically every kid attending has to watch you tube to learn on their own, or hire a public school tutor who actually can teach the curriculum! Scary!

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #156859
03/27/16 08:33 PM
03/27/16 08:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another blanket statement with No factual information. Your opinion on why kids attend St Ant's is just that. Your opinion.
No one cares.....
My son is academically and athletically talented,does not live close to St Ant's and is having a great experience at St Ant's.
BTW,was also accepted into Chaminade as well as another private Catholic
Please don't make assumptions,they make you sound very ignorant.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #156863
03/27/16 08:52 PM
03/27/16 08:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another blanket statement with No factual information. Your opinion on why kids attend St Ant's is just that. Your opinion.
No one cares.....
My son is academically and athletically talented,does not live close to St Ant's and is having a great experience at St Ant's.

Haha, keep pretending! Trust me, education sub par. Teachers working there could not get jobs in public, so they took what they could for 1/2 pay. FACT!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #156865
03/27/16 08:57 PM
03/27/16 08:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you made a "huge mistake" then your son belongs in public school not another private. Then you would be making another "huge mistake". Obviously by huge you mean you thought your son was good enough to play sports there. Most parents know the work load before they send their kids and hope the sports side works out.

Or you are just making the whole story up which is the way I am leaning

He is good enough. But we know how "politics" plays into everything in life. Choose your club team wisely.

There are plenty of non-Express kids on the Chaminade varsity. Maybe it wasn't your son's club choice.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #156869
03/27/16 09:17 PM
03/27/16 09:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I should care what you think? I have the proof I need. It's all good.
Have a good night

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #156876
03/28/16 12:16 AM
03/28/16 12:16 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one cares.....

Haha, keep pretending! Trust me, education sub par. Teachers working there could not get jobs in public, so they took what they could for 1/2 pay. FACT!

Where can I find the average SAT scores of St Anthnys and Chaminade? How do they compare to Manhasset or GC?

Page 37 of 205 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 204 205