BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 243 of 327 1 2 241 242 243 244 245 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BINGO!! They make you feel that if you pass, you are shunned. And if anyone says different, you are not being truthful. I know it firsthand.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BINGO!! They make you feel that if you pass, you are shunned. And if anyone says different, you are not being truthful. I know it firsthand.

You bunch of losers just can't let this bus trip go can you? Is your life so boring and empty that you just can't stay away from the YJ thread?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its a bizarre mindset, but it truly does exist throughout YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG getting desperate, is that seriously the best you bunch of morons can come up with .Yes you nailed it all the kids and parents that went on the bus trip have the same mindset, give me a break. That would be like saying all the TG people have the same mindset that hopefully some day their kid can commit to a failing D1 program with poor academics in the lovely Hempstead area when we all know the only about half of you actually want that for your kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You one or two idiots with your quick assumptions are so exposed- if the YJ put together a charity event for the homeless you would complain, find a reason why it was a suck up event and you know it. We understand how you think and how you shoot your mouth off like a cannon at anything because you are so insecure. But go ahead and continue to discredit yourself bashing every single thread with the word YJ in it. You lose more and more credibility every time you do it. Let's think of what you r response will be tho this - hmmmm - I bet we can guess... Maybe elitist YJ parent? Or Pompous mindset of a YJ parent? Maybe even a troll or lemming - You'll look to see if I spelled something wrong or if there are words you can twist to make it look like I implied something I didn't OR MAYBE YOU HAVE BEEN DISCREDITED.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would 100% of those charity monies be donated or would there be the typical YJ service charge! Like a bus charge, like a luau charge, like your own YJ director tournament charge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give it a rest. What are you Mother Teresa?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...and we all knew that is what you would write. You're very predictable and you can't argue with ignorant insecure people, they always have an answer. You are doing a great job exposing yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would 100% of those charity monies be donated or would there be the typical YJ service charge! Like a bus charge, like a luau charge, like your own YJ director tournament charge.

You know you might be on to something! Since you seem to despise the concept of a for profit business maybe there's a huge market for a competitive non for profit lacrosse club on LI? I'm gathering that you have a lot of free time since you don't seem to have anything better to do then make these stupid posts that you could lead this new venture? I'm sure you would have no problem getting the best people to donate their time and facilities to this new club? Think about it you could offer the finest lacrosse program with free clinics, bus trips, tournaments and luau for everyone! And if you feel you need some help you should take this concept to your current club director. Let me know when I can sign up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If i'm not mistaken, when elevate did the trips, it was the best thing thing ever. Can't have it both ways. Don't know why you care so much. It's a trip for kids to see some schools and have fun with their friends.

Some reason Elevate is only getting 5 or 6 kids going on these trips these days. Not sure what happened. My friend went and said they used get a full busload of kids. Now they get like a handful. Go figure.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are on elevate and those bus tours look like a great idea for the girls. We are just not at the recruiting age yet. Might do one next year. Also probably a great experience to have with your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't figure out the value for these bus tours, (Yes its fun for the girls, they hang out, they get to see some locker rooms and campus's, eat in a dining hall, whatever) but doesn't in a way set most of these kids up for disappointment? these big schools ( and these trips always seem to go to Maryland and Hopkins) might take 10 players a year, (some getting athletic money, some academic, some nothing) why visit a school that will never have interest in you and your parents couldn't afford anyway. just for the experience or for fun? OK.. I think you would get better value using the time to focus on the attainable.
where can you play,
what can I afford,
distance from home/travel,
what course of study are available/kid is interested in.

everything has a value and just because a club offers it doesn't mean its has a value for you or the kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't figure out the value for these bus tours, (Yes its fun for the girls, they hang out, they get to see some locker rooms and campus's, eat in a dining hall, whatever) but doesn't in a way set most of these kids up for disappointment? these big schools ( and these trips always seem to go to Maryland and Hopkins) might take 10 players a year, (some getting athletic money, some academic, some nothing) why visit a school that will never have interest in you and your parents couldn't afford anyway. just for the experience or for fun? OK.. I think you would get better value using the time to focus on the attainable.
where can you play,
what can I afford,

everything has a value and just because a club offers it doesn't mean its has a value for you or the kid

It's not about the kids, it is about the club program. It is a PR campaign and it also assures that if there is a SS in the group that she has been personally delivered to the partner schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where can you play,
what can I afford,

It's not about the kids, it is about the club program. It is a PR campaign and it also assures that if there is a SS in the group that she has been personally delivered to the partner schools.

Agreed that many players will not go to some of these schools, but it does expose these younger players to things like size of school, urban vs rural, "aesthetics" of campus and which they tend to gravitate to, the coaches often give their perspective on recruiting and what they look for in a kid, Di vs DIII philosophy, they eat lunch with players and learn about team camaraderie and see these college players as role players and learn the value of hard work from someone other than their coach or parent, etc. My daughter went two years ago and did not get recruited to any of the schools seen, but it definitely showed her some things she wanted to look for in a program. She learned she wanted an urban environment over more suburban or rural, she learned she wanted a medium sized school, she learned she didn't want the rigor of an Ivy coupled with lacrosse. All helped her to eventually get recruited to school which is a perfect fit for her. I do see the value, not for direct recruitment but to expose these kids to a variety.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where can you play,
what can I afford,

Agreed that many players will not go to some of these schools, but it does expose these younger players to things like size of school, urban vs rural, "aesthetics" of campus and which they tend to gravitate to, the coaches often give their perspective on recruiting and what they look for in a kid, Di vs DIII philosophy, they eat lunch with players and learn about team camaraderie and see these college players as role players and learn the value of hard work from someone other than their coach or parent, etc. My daughter went two years ago and did not get recruited to any of the schools seen, but it definitely showed her some things she wanted to look for in a program. She learned she wanted an urban environment over more suburban or rural, she learned she wanted a medium sized school, she learned she didn't want the rigor of an Ivy coupled with lacrosse. All helped her to eventually get recruited to school which is a perfect fit for her. I do see the value, not for direct recruitment but to expose these kids to a variety.

Well I think this subject has gotten beaten to death and if I had to bet, the majority of us spent way more money on private lessons then sending are kid off on a bus trip.

I for one am getting spring fever and looking forward to the first tournament and seeing these kids compete again!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where can you play,
what can I afford,

Great post. What many people do not get is a big part of the trip was about the kids having fun and if it helps them being exposed to different schools then great. While all the schools they went to have top notch lacrosse programs the schools themselves were quite different. Maybe some of these people don't get the fact that the kids just like to hang out and be around one another and their coach .As far as the money , please , most of the people acting like they know better how to spend your money waste way more on their kids cell phone .Before you go and knock the trip why don't you ask a kid who went on the trip and see what they say because the few parents I have asked said their kid loved it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call all of this what it is. CR yields a tremedous anount of power with college programs and for this and so many other things we pay and pay big at that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call all of this what it is. CR yields a tremedous anount of power with college programs and for this and so many other things we pay and pay big at that!

Or be outcast and shunned in the yj community

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is everyone done whining and crying about the 7th and 8th graders yet? Please move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She may wield some "power", but that doesn't equal respect. Don't be so quick to put her on a pedestal...there are LOTS of club coaches who are more respected and liked than her. All she has is numbers...fueled by sucker parents on the 18th YJ team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She may wield some "power", but that doesn't equal respect. Don't be so quick to put her on a pedestal...there are LOTS of club coaches who are more respected and liked than her. All she has is numbers...fueled by sucker parents on the 18th YJ team.

Please name two?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still bitter your kid couldn't make the 18th team? Now tell us how better off an happier you are......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please name two?

Did you mean to ask a question, or make a statement? You must've went to YJ High.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please name two?

M&D, Md United, Hero's and Integrity...not necessarily in that order. There's more to being respected and liked than how many players you send to the 3 divisions of college. ALL decent clubs do that! YJ just has access to more suckers than most. And, being a good business person does not equal respect. It just means you're a good salesman, nothing more nothing less. Look at the alumni list of any decent club. Lots of girls go to lots of the same colleges regardless of which club they play for. Just 'cause YJ charges more more for stuff that other clubs include for free doesn't equate to better. She knows when she has a fish on the line and she's good at setting the hook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still bitter your kid couldn't make the 18th team? Now tell us how better off an happier you are......

No, I feel fine. I don't live in NY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh ok got it now but please start and future posts in the YJ thread with "I'm just a loser from MD" so we don't have to read any further. Thanks in advance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh ok got it now but please start and future posts in the YJ thread with "I'm just a loser from MD" so we don't have to read any further. Thanks in advance

Why do you think I live in MD?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey you guys...Stony Brook lost today. Aren't you going to bash JS like you do to SS when Hofstra loses? Losers...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As soon as SB loses to New Hampshire Harvard and Fairfield they will

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey you guys...Stony Brook lost today. Aren't you going to bash JS like you do to SS when Hofstra loses? Losers...

Losing to Florida and Northwestern is a little different than losing to New Hampshire and Fairfield

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losing to Florida and Northwestern is a little different than losing to New Hampshire and Fairfield

Better to test your team early in the season against top teams so you can see what to work on. Draw controls seem like the biggest issue for them. NW crushed them on draws.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neither do we. We live on StrongIsland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the parents and kids who are on the so called 18th team know their situation and just want to play travel ball. They know that once you go below the 3rd team, your pretty much just there for fun. I don’t think those lower teams are taken seriously or else they wouldn’t allow a father of one of the kids’ to coach the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the parents and kids who are on the so called 18th team know their situation and just want to play travel ball. They know that once you go below the 3rd team, your pretty much just there for fun. I don’t think those lower teams are taken seriously or else they wouldn’t allow a father of one of the kids’ to coach the team.

Below 2nd team they are there for fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But are also learning the game and will contribute on their HS team (I should of added).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think any HS kid on a lower team is getting moved up, so to me it’s a steep price to pay for your daughter to have fun. My older daughter was stuck on a 3rd team all through HS and none of the kids on that team were ever moved up. Another problem is at that level you have fathers that are not qualified to coach kids at the HS level instructing the kids. I don’t know how that will help your HS program. When you get a situation like that it usually means the guy’s kids is not that good and he just wants to make sure he/she gets playing time or doesn’t get moved down even lower. I think you currently have a situation like that with your 2019 program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the NW game was so ugly to watch. just a bruising, grind of a game 7-6 final score? come on now..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If i'm not mistaken, when elevate did the trips, it was the best thing thing ever. Can't have it both ways. Don't know why you care so much. It's a trip for kids to see some schools and have fun with their friends.

I think you left out the most important part of the entire bus trip for elevate. It is a great way for DK to talk about himself for an entire day and get paid to do it! He used to make a lot more money off those bus trips a year or 2 years ago when people actually went. Now that he has 5 or 6 kids going he is still making money but not to the degree he was. Every bit count$ though!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the new age requirement for youth lacrosse effect club teams? Will the tryouts next year be based on grade or age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the new age requirement for youth lacrosse effect club teams? Will the tryouts next year be based on grade or age?

Clubs are probably asking the same questions we all are. I believe CR hosts a parent Q/A at the first practice and will be a good question to ask her.

I could be way off but I really don't think this will have a major impact, at least on LI for girls. I just don't see the hold backs that everybody crys about?

Like Reply Quote
Page 243 of 327 1 2 241 242 243 244 245 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard