BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 86 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hOw did fl$ 2020 do ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was result of next level and rr 2020? thx

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has been arguing to the HoCo league to allow the 2020 team back into the Elite division on merit. Response from the league was prove it lets see how the team does against Next Level in yesterday's play day. Madlax bailed at last minute rather than risk the loss and be proven not to be worthy. Last time I checked lacrosse was (not exclusively) about perseverance, grit and overcoming adversity. Apparently not for the powers that be at Madlax where protecting the brand at all costs is more important that allowing their players to explore their character. Nice. Way to lead the kids - run from the fight because you might lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same reason why Madlax 2020 isn't playing in HoCo. Their 2020 and 2021 teams are very weak and they are worried about losing face because their youth program is starting to fall apart.

Word is several Madlax 2020 kids are looking to bolt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same reason why Madlax 2020 isn't playing in HoCo. Their 2020 and 2021 teams are very weak and they are worried about losing face because their youth program is starting to fall apart.

Word is several Madlax 2020 kids are looking to bolt.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL2020 played For the love of the game or fl$. The message board for some reason (***) it out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The game ended up being just one half. Think the score was NL2020 5-2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

They played one half and then left? laugh laugh laugh laugh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played one half and then left? laugh laugh laugh laugh

Which game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL2020 played RR2020 for only one half to start the tournament. I think RR were late arriving at the tournament. NL2020 won 5-2 then played For The Love of the Game (LI team) 8-4 and then CB 8-1. Don't know why Madlax2020 bailed on the final game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beaches Madlax is afraid of the consequences of being revealed as not ELITE. Really they deserve ridicule. Man up Mr Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like it was confirmed that Madlax 2020 is OUT of the HoCo league cause they were being placed in AA - which in all honesty, they should be placed.

Way to let the coach's ego and fear of diluting the "brand" of Madlax take precedence over the kids getting some quality reps and games. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Madlax 2020 and 2021 teams are both pretty mediocre. Something is happening to Madlax. Looks like people with younger kids are looking elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO league is out, its a go that Madlax 2020 is not playing. Thank god the brand name is protected! That is so much more important than the kids actually getting to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO league is out, its a go that Madlax 2020 is not playing. Thank god the brand name is protected! That is so much more important than the kids actually getting to play.

From the HOCO schedule I am looking at it shows Madlax MD/VA in the 2020A division for 2016 season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax MD/VA 2020 is in the 3rd tier division of the HOCO league (2020 A division). Why isn't Madlax Cap 2020 playing in any of the HOCO leagues? If I was a parent of a player on that team I'd be pissed. How much is Madlax charging players to not participate in the league every other significant program in the area plays in? Its only 6 games but still important for local lacrosse. Interested in hearing the rationale from anyone on the Madlax team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax MD/VA 2020 is in the 3rd tier division of the HOCO league (2020 A division). Why isn't Madlax Cap 2020 playing in any of the HOCO leagues? If I was a parent of a player on that team I'd be pissed. How much is Madlax charging players to not participate in the league every other significant program in the area plays in? Its only 6 games but still important for local lacrosse. Interested in hearing the rationale from anyone on the Madlax team.

Not a MADLAX parent, but know a few of them that have kids on the 2020 Capital team. They're upset, as they should be ... the speculation on this board is absolutely true. It's about saving face since Capital wasn't able to play in Elite (even though everyone knows they should be in AA, yes even the MADLAX parents).

Not sure what quality clubs they're going to scrimmage, since the majority of local ones are all in HoCo. I assume teams from NJ/NY.

I suspect we will see an exodus of some kids come season end from Madlax to other clubs. The parents I know had already paid before all this was communicated, so they felt stuck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for VLC 2020, we got the email identifying him as a top player, and inviting him to try out this spring for Madlax. Glad he wanted to stay put and invest the time in his VLC team mates and coaches. We aren't worked up about playing in the Elite HOCO league or not, very few of the boys are ready at this time. Hopefully they work hard and get there. Someone mentioned there is probably only enough talent for one elite 2020 team for VA, they are right on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 parent - not happy - totally stuck though - trying to tough it out though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Parent and I am disappointed in Madlax 2020 Cap for backing out of the league. Madlax 2020 should end up playing some if not all of these ELITE teams this summer. So they could of played in AA and won or lost then got there chance to prove them wrong in the summer. Or prove them correct. But it is very clear to me that the NOVA 2020 class has no where near the talent of 2018 and 2019. The good thing about Madlax has always been you play the most games at the highest level you can. So they should of just said they are screwing us out of the ELITE bracket but we want you to play as many games as we can get you so we are playing AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Parent and I am disappointed in Madlax 2020 Cap for backing out of the league. Madlax 2020 should end up playing some if not all of these ELITE teams this summer. So they could of played in AA and won or lost then got there chance to prove them wrong in the summer. Or prove them correct. But it is very clear to me that the NOVA 2020 class has no where near the talent of 2018 and 2019. The good thing about Madlax has always been you play the most games at the highest level you can. So they should of just said they are screwing us out of the ELITE bracket but we want you to play as many games as we can get you so we are playing AA.

They should have showed up for the play in or for the game against Next Level either of which would have helped prove them able to be in the elite bracket. Looks like they just wanted what they wanted and were not willing to prove they belong which the consensus is they did not belong. In the end the kids lose because of the owner's temper tantrum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d doesn't have the best teams in that grade, but they do have the best coaches. You'll never hear a 3d parent with anything unkind to say about Spencer Ford or Steven Brooks. Those guys are honest and have the best interests of the kids at heart. And those two have done more in the sport of lacrosse than all the Madlax coaches and VLC coaches added together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The thing that really ticks us off is this all went down after tryouts and by the time there is no other option for our son but to stick it out. Time will tell, but this is too important a year for this stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The thing that really ticks us off is this all went down after tryouts and by the time there is no other option for our son but to stick it out. Time will tell, but this is too important a year for this stuff.

So 8th grade is an important year for a team of kids that isn't good enough to play AA? How is it important other than the kids should be having fun and getting better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where else would you have gone to play???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well to make you feel better we played 4 seasons of NPYLL and there was never a college scout there. So the Madlax 2020 team will still be at all the correct places this summer for your son to be seen. If your team wins or loses is not a really big deal as far as being seen You need to be at the correct field playing top teams. And looking at 2020 summer schedule it is way better then 3D and Cavs. And VLC I would say is a little below with there summer line up. So HOCO would of been nice but I would still give Madlax 2020 the upper hand because of the summer line up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well to make you feel better we played 4 seasons of NPYLL and there was never a college scout there. So the Madlax 2020 team will still be at all the correct places this summer for your son to be seen. If your team wins or loses is not a really big deal as far as being seen You need to be at the correct field playing top teams. And looking at 2020 summer schedule it is way better then 3D and Cavs. And VLC I would say is a little below with there summer line up. So HOCO would of been nice but I would still give Madlax 2020 the upper hand because of the summer line up.

I agree the summer schedule for Madlax looks good, I'd like to see VLC add one more quality tournament. The 2020's have had bad luck with the NLF Event cancelled this fall and last weekend's games against Legacy and Leading Edge cancelled due to weather.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think its an issue of NOVA or the Capital area (MD/DC/NOVA) having enough talent to field a top Madlax 2020 team. The fact is many of the top 2020 players either don't want to play for Madlax and/or play for other 2020 clubs. The 2018/2019 Madlax teams have a decent # of Maryland players. The Madlax Capital 2020 doesn't seem to have any of the top Maryland 2020 players who could logistically practice/play on the Madlax Capital 2020 team. Fact is many/most of these kids travel up to BL to play on the Crabs/FCA or play for other local clubs like Next Level/VLC/CB with less drama.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d doesn't have the best teams in that grade, but they do have the best coaches. You'll never hear a 3d parent with anything unkind to say about Spencer Ford or Steven Brooks. Those guys are honest and have the best interests of the kids at heart. And those two have done more in the sport of lacrosse than all the Madlax coaches and VLC coaches added together.

Spencer is a good coach. He coaches my oldest son's Varsity High School team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think its an issue of NOVA or the Capital area (MD/DC/NOVA) having enough talent to field a top Madlax 2020 team. The fact is many of the top 2020 players either don't want to play for Madlax and/or play for other 2020 clubs. The 2018/2019 Madlax teams have a decent # of Maryland players. The Madlax Capital 2020 doesn't seem to have any of the top Maryland 2020 players who could logistically practice/play on the Madlax Capital 2020 team. Fact is many/most of these kids travel up to BL to play on the Crabs/FCA or play for other local clubs like Next Level/VLC/CB with less drama.

I think you are correct the thing that is hurting Madlax Cap. the most is the South Maryland kids are going to Next Level and FCA or other top Maryland clubs. Madlax is not getting the kids to cross the Bridge like they have in the past. So this makes my other point even more. The South Maryland kids have good to great options now. So the Nova parents need to pick a team per age group and push our best to it. If not we will never get any of our kids in the ELITE div. or top tournaments .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Nova parents need to pick a team per age group and push our best to it. If not we will never get any of our kids in the ELITE div. or top tournaments .

You are one of the strangest dads ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Nova parents need to pick a team per age group and push our best to it. If not we will never get any of our kids in the ELITE div. or top tournaments .

What is strange about the numbers game we have here. And what is strange about working together to make a elite team at each grade for NOVA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is strange about the numbers game we have here. And what is strange about working together to make a elite team at each grade for NOVA?

You mean have a convention for lacrosse dads like the Republicans are doing and we pick a leader from Cabell, Trig or Ryan McClernan? If we do that will our sons' lacrosse teams be able to beat Hillary?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean have a convention for lacrosse dads like the Republicans are doing and we pick a leader from Cabell, Trig or Ryan McClernan? If we do that will our sons' lacrosse teams be able to beat Hillary?

Well that kinda sounds like it will work. Because those three are crazy but they are the best we got. So we should pick the best of the worst and move forward. If we do not do something like this we will be left behind at the Elite level for another 10 to 15 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That might be true, but the purpose of the spring season is not really to win a "championship." Sure, there are bragging rights, but it's really about playing other high-level teams in preparation from tournament season. If they can scrimmage other high-level programs in the area, then I guess it's OK for them. But most of those teams are playing HoCo and probably won't be available.

So they won't be as prepared for summer, their team won't look as good, and they won't get as much attention as they might have otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well that kinda sounds like it will work. Because those three are crazy but they are the best we got. So we should pick the best of the worst and move forward. If we do not do something like this we will be left behind at the Elite level for another 10 to 15 years.

If lacrosse dads don't do this their 8th graders will be left behind, the recruiting classes will fill up before their 9th grade year ends and they will be left behind. Well, all of that is true unless this sport reforms very soon. But this is bad? This affects kids for the next 10-15 years or more? I have a son in college now go through all of this crap and he was offered about $10K-15K a year by 4-5 D1 colleges, but wound up at an academic choice where he plays without any scholarship money. I don't aim to patronize but there isn't anything life changing about a partial lacrosse scholarship and the crowds at my son's Ivy team is smaller than the crowds at some local prep games in the DMV. If everyone let this ship sail, I think you'd be amazed at how much happier your son's experience from age 12-18 will be. If he is much better later than committed kids he will get a chance. This recruiting thing will self correct in a couple years if the NCAA doesn't do it before then. Some of those coaches kids and dads ogled over when my son was going through this are about to get fired anyways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The results from the Madlax April 3 tournament are in and its confirmed, Madlax Capital 2020 would get completely embarrassed if they played in the HOCO elite 2020 division. Both the Hawks and NL beat them soundly. VLC gave them a good game and should have won. My guess is they'd be lucky winning half their games if they have just sucked it up and played in the HOCA AA division. Will Madlax Capital 2020 play the HOCO elite teams in summer tournaments? No way. They should be in the summer tournament A divisions and will wind up playing all the same teams that are in the HOCO AA division this spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The results from the Madlax April 3 tournament are in and its confirmed, Madlax Capital 2020 would get completely embarrassed if they played in the HOCO elite 2020 division. Both the Hawks and NL beat them soundly. VLC gave them a good game and should have won. My guess is they'd be lucky winning half their games if they have just sucked it up and played in the HOCA AA division. Will Madlax Capital 2020 play the HOCO elite teams in summer tournaments? No way. They should be in the summer tournament A divisions and will wind up playing all the same teams that are in the HOCO AA division this spring.

Yes the lost by 4 and 5 goals to two teams in the Elite div. But they beat VLC by one. So lets see how VLC does in HOCO. And the 2020 team will play lots if not all the elite teams this summer. The summer schedule for them is out. And each of these 4 tournaments are top top top notch. They have summer tryouts anyone out there on these other teams should really jump on this chance. There are spots to be had on this 2020 and 2021 teams. Just do like players do all the time play this 8th grade summer with Madlax and jump to BlackWolf for the next 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately Madlax won't be able to attract any of the better 2020 players who are already on the HOCO elite teams. Not even players from other clubs at the same level like VLC. Watching and hearing the Madlax coach berate players for mistakes isn't going to attract any new players. Only proves to parents and players that its better to be on a team with a coach willing to help them advance/learn and not just yell at them.
Madlax is going to have to re-evaluate whether they want to play in the summer tournaments against the top teams and risk getting blown out against teams better than NL and Hawks. There just not very good and are a tournament A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately Madlax won't be able to attract any of the better 2020 players who are already on the HOCO elite teams. Not even players from other clubs at the same level like VLC. Watching and hearing the Madlax coach berate players for mistakes isn't going to attract any new players. Only proves to parents and players that its better to be on a team with a coach willing to help them advance/learn and not just yell at them.
Madlax is going to have to re-evaluate whether they want to play in the summer tournaments against the top teams and risk getting blown out against teams better than NL and Hawks. There just not very good and are a tournament A team.

You are very easy to see through sir. You can say they are not Elite but to call them a A team not a AA team you are very petty. As for the coach yelling on the sideline he yells yes but I never hear him call kids names he just points out the error very clear so a young man gets it. Boys/young men respond to clear and loud instruction best. This hippie everyone gets a prize crap is whats wrong with kids today. My son gets more out of his yelling then another coach using 100 more words to make the same point. Kids check out half way through that hippie love coach talk.

Like Reply Quote
Page 39 of 86 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard