BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 90 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are all nuts. My son does not play for Zummo and I was at 3 d event in Florida. His kids stood out as the top players at the event. It was basically express fl$ and non hotbed kids. Zummo's team is one of the top teams in age group ( top 7 or 8) Why wouldn't his kids get written up.
Sorry walnuts, the rain must have kept you inside, anyone with one eye could see what was going on. Do you think if the Express or any other team/coach came down, placed his kids on one team and then coached them within system they would look good? My kid made it but fact is there was total bias.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all nuts. My son does not play for Zummo and I was at 3 d event in Florida. His kids stood out as the top players at the event. It was basically express fl$ and non hotbed kids. Zummo's team is one of the top teams in age group ( top 7 or 8) Why wouldn't his kids get written up.
Sorry walnuts, the rain must have kept you inside, anyone with one eye could see what was going on. Do you think if the Express or any other team/coach came down, placed his kids on one team and then coached them within system they would look good? My kid made it but fact is there was total bias.

Previous poster is a dad of one of the "Stand outs" . Does he think we would really believe he was just randomly keeping track of the *** boys. Hysterical! Nice try

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're high....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another showcase money grab exposed as a fraud! Is this really any surprise? Disgusting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the under armour underclass event an invitation only event for 2020s? Is it worthwhile event to spend money on?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the under armour underclass event an invitation only event for 2020s? Is it worthwhile event to spend money on?

Anyone can tryout but 2018 2019 and 2020. If they're good enough to play against the older kids I would say it's worth it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My personal opinion, there are NO worthwhile "showcase" individual events. The only good showcases are team ones. Because when anyone goes to an individual event the kids play very selfishly and it end up being a giant waste of time. Save your money people

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My personal opinion, there are NO worthwhile "showcase" individual events. The only good showcases are team ones. Because when anyone goes to an individual event the kids play very selfishly and it end up being a giant waste of time. Save your money people

Are you a club owner???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are completely and utterly mis-informed. An all-star performance at a top showcase will have the phone ringing, I promise you. My son is committed. You need to be selective, but some are a must.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree team showcases are way to go.
Only way my kid got calls.
Other showcases are a money making grab- total waste of time

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age College Coaches CAN NOT call you after any showcase its against the rules. The College Coach will contact your Travel or Schools coach to tell them they are interested. Then you will call them back at a certain time to discuss anything further like a visit.. Etc.

You are completely and utterly mis-informed. An all-star performance at a top showcase will have the phone ringing, I promise you. My son is committed. You need to be selective, but some are a must.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The key words here are "personal opinion".

It is silly to say that if your son has an MVP or all star performance at a highly regarded showcase that it wouldn't be beneficial (e.g. Black Card, UA, Philly Freshman, Showtime).

Coaches know it is ME BALL at individual showcases; they also know that the level of competition is generally higher at the quality events.

Kids that have D1 level talent stand out. The problem is most lacrosse parents actually aren't good judges of talent; hence they think their kid is D1 material and should be treated as such. So when the all star or MVP write ups happen and their kid isn't included, well of course it was a waste of time and money!

The didn't pass enough, they didn't slide right, the other kids had no idea how to play 2 man properly, blah blah blah. Elite kids find a way to make an impression.

If it was easy, we'd have more then 5% of kids playing D1. And no, I'm not a club owner or run camps, etc. etc. Just an dad who has been around the game his whole life and has first hand experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son went to 3 showcase-written up in one- not one shred of interest.
Went to 3 collage team showcases and high school coach was call all 3 times. One time we got a call from high school coach before we made it to car in parking lot.
Team showcases are the way to go
Even if coach sees you at showcases he is going ask you to go to his team prospect camp

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great! Watch the landscape change now!

US Lacrosse Adopts New Player Segmentation Policy

US Lacrosse today announced a new player segmentation policy to ensure player safety, competitive fairness and a consistent experience for youth lacrosse. The US Lacrosse Board of Directors approved the policy in January, and it takes effect Sept. 1, 2017 (earlier adoption is encouraged).
Policy highlights include grouping players by single-age years, using Sept. 1 as the determining date for a player's age and as the first day of a 12-month playing calendar, and standardizing nomenclature that lists the age first, i.e., 12U.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. Crying LI dads pester USL into going back to age based. I have no problem with that, but doing teams with kids within 12 months of each other (instead of 24) is going to cause problems. Much harder to field teams with such a narrow band. U15, U13, U11, etc. is much easier to do thatn U15, U14, U13, etc.

Amazing how US Lacrosse was hounded by LI dads who didn't like to see their sons lose on the field. Those guys are in for a shock when their kids get pummeled in HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. Crying LI dads pester USL into going back to age based. I have no problem with that, but doing teams with kids within 12 months of each other (instead of 24) is going to cause problems. Much harder to field teams with such a narrow band. U15, U13, U11, etc. is much easier to do thatn U15, U14, U13, etc.

Amazing how US Lacrosse was hounded by LI dads who didn't like to see their sons lose on the field. Those guys are in for a shock when their kids get pummeled in HS.

There are plenty of players. There is going to be no problem fielding teams. That's ridiculous. And maybe some teams should combine anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL - you are a complete idiot. Holdback are going to be a thing of the past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Don't whine and cry now that your son has to play on age. It's too bad he can't beat up on kids a year younger to prove himself and hope to shine.

You'll be amazed when your holdback enters HS and gets pummeled as well by upperclassmen. What's truly amazing is you think your holdback son is a super star cause he plays against kids younger then him. Way to go!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First 2020 commit coming this afternoon from Crush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a shame where this sport is going. Good for him and his family. These college coaches should be ashamed. I'm sorry

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ty has a 2020 committing today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

Is this all just part of a grander plan to get families and kids on the drug sooner and sooner so they can stay on it longer and longer? Rank 8th graders. Rank 7th graders...pushes the clock to be hyped on events for a year or two ahead of that. Then, on the back end, sell years of committed events. You wouldn't want to pledge to a college in 8th grade and then never get better, right? Committed camps, combines, ice cream parties, etc. etc. This sleaze just runs like black mold up a bathroom wall. Pretty pathetic and also sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't really blame Ty. It's the coaches making the offers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It certainly seemed to turn out to be who folks expected. . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This isnt the fault of the player or coaches its the University that offers Who's making the offers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want an Instagram selfie of someone sitting next to the admissions director with that "oh dear Jesus" look on his face. No wait, this is Penn State we are talking about. Never mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there really a rush to grab a spot at Penn State?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What school do you guys think? My prediction would be in this order
1.Hopkins
2.Virginia
3.Maryland
4.Cuse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

Is this all just part of a grander plan to get families and kids on the drug sooner and sooner so they can stay on it longer and longer? Rank 8th graders. Rank 7th graders...pushes the clock to be hyped on events for a year or two ahead of that. Then, on the back end, sell years of committed events. You wouldn't want to pledge to a college in 8th grade and then never get better, right? Committed camps, combines, ice cream parties, etc. etc. This sleaze just runs like black mold up a bathroom wall. Pretty pathetic and also sad.

But I can (and do) use a biocide for the mold in my bathroom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the Crush boy going to PSU! Well deserved

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the Year this commit was born in? As an '8th' grader is he born in 2000, 2001 or 2002?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the Year this commit was born in? As an '8th' grader is he born in 2000, 2001 or 2002?

Should be 2001/2002 unless he is a Crab in which case it would be 1999.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once the 5 guys on Crush commit, expect that team to disband. The coach doesn't care about anyone other than the top 5 guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to the kid! True 8th grader- 2002.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once the 5 guys on Crush commit, expect that team to disband. The coach doesn't care about anyone other than the top 5 guys.

True!! But some will still pay the $$$ so they can ride pine, Sad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes he is age legit! Sure he got a nice package! PSU is one of the few schools that guarantees the scholarship amount for all for years, great job!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can only wish! That type response is why your kid is on a sub par team. Excuses excuses hopes and dreams Btw. You'll never know but when kids commit. College coaches want and need to see them continue to develop. So no the team won't disband and I'm pretty sure for that college coach knowing where that kid plays was a big factor. You'll see when your son commits his senior year. Ohh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to this boy..He is that good and puts the time in.
But seriously, my 13-year-old who is a true 2020, has no clue where he wants to go to college. He has no clue how many universities are out there, what they are known for, and only knows the few teams he sees playing on the TV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can only wish! That type response is why your kid is on a sub par team. Excuses excuses hopes and dreams Btw. You'll never know but when kids commit. College coaches want and need to see them continue to develop. So no the team won't disband and I'm pretty sure for that college coach knowing where that kid plays was a big factor. You'll see when your son commits his senior year. Ohh

Well... we can compare to Turtles. The Best Committed, the Rest Left High And dry!! History will repeat!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes he is age legit! Sure he got a nice package! PSU is one of the few schools that guarantees the scholarship amount for all for years, great job!

Do you mean four years?

Page 61 of 90 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard