BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,890
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 86 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name a better organization in DMV.....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Any team playing club lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will not do it because we will crush whatever club they have the guts to name. Madlax has had teams for 20 years from youth to high school. There top teams have been really good to great every year of those 20 years. And if you want to talk about the A or second level teams they have put out over the years we can do that also. There A teams compete in tournaments that no other local dad ran "A" club could ever go to. These facts are 100% facts. On the flip side I will give you that the club costs a ton of money. I will give you that the owner can lose his head if he feels he gave you tons of exposure and positive reviews to the people that matter and you leave without a word in the middle of the night. But as for the world of travel lacrosse there is no more of a sure thing then a Madlax team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will not do it because we will crush whatever club they have the guts to name. Madlax has had teams for 20 years from youth to high school. There top teams have been really good to great every year of those 20 years. And if you want to talk about the A or second level teams they have put out over the years we can do that also. There A teams compete in tournaments that no other local dad ran "A" club could ever go to. These facts are 100% facts. On the flip side I will give you that the club costs a ton of money. I will give you that the owner can lose his head if he feels he gave you tons of exposure and positive reviews to the people that matter and you leave without a word in the middle of the night. But as for the world of travel lacrosse there is no more of a sure thing then a Madlax team.

In NOVA not the USA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Redneck Madlax dad is back. Sorry, but kissing the owner's butt is not going to help you.

Everyone knows BW and VLC are better, especially for college recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Name a better organization in DMV.....

Redneck Madlax dad is back. Sorry, but kissing the owner's butt is not going to help you.

Everyone knows BW and VLC are better, especially for college recruiting. [/quo
VLC will be a distant 3rd on this list the next 4 years for sure. Just start at 2018 and see that Madlax is smoking them. And when you talk about BW they just take kids off of Private high school teams that are in the top 10 in the country. All of there kids are days from picking a college before they even play 1 game for BW. That is why they play so few tournaments. Because this is the club for they sure thing stud top private school kids to stay sharp but not get burned out. But us Redneck public school NOVA parents need a top club for our sons to be seen. And Madlax is it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well Madlax is the only VA club in the HOCO elite div. this spring. So its not even a conversation for any kid 8th grade or younger Madlax is the best VA option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC will be a distant 3rd on this list the next 4 years for sure. Just start at 2018 and see that Madlax is smoking them. And when you talk about BW they just take kids off of Private high school teams that are in the top 10 in the country. All of there kids are days from picking a college before they even play 1 game for BW. That is why they play so few tournaments. Because this is the club for they sure thing stud top private school kids to stay sharp but not get burned out. But us Redneck public school NOVA parents need a top club for our sons to be seen. And Madlax is it. [/quote]

VLC 2018 is not smoking them. Half of that team has quit. Some parents told me they lost a lot of games this fall.

You really love that Madlax guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC will be a distant 3rd on this list the next 4 years for sure. Just start at 2018 and see that Madlax is smoking them. And when you talk about BW they just take kids off of Private high school teams that are in the top 10 in the country. All of there kids are days from picking a college before they even play 1 game for BW. That is why they play so few tournaments. Because this is the club for they sure thing stud top private school kids to stay sharp but not get burned out. But us Redneck public school NOVA parents need a top club for our sons to be seen. And Madlax is it.

VLC 2018 is not smoking them. Half of that team has quit. Some parents told me they lost a lot of games this fall.

You really love that Madlax guy. [/quote]
You are saying Madlax 2018 lost a lot of games. I have done the math but I would guess they had a 750% winning percentage or higher over the last 12 months. And everyone knows Madlax 2019 has at least a 900% winning percentage over the last 12 months. Madlax 2020 and 2021 are not great but they are better then VLC 2020 and 2021. So this would mean that Madlax is the better club for this 4 year window.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well Madlax is the only VA club in the HOCO elite div. this spring. So its not even a conversation for any kid 8th grade or younger Madlax is the best VA option.

Hoco elite - they're not in there yet.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are saying Madlax 2018 lost a lot of games. I have done the math but I would guess they had a 750% winning percentage or higher over the last 12 months. And everyone knows Madlax 2019 has at least a 900% winning percentage over the last 12 months. Madlax 2020 and 2021 are not great but they are better then VLC 2020 and 2021. So this would mean that Madlax is the better club for this 4 year window. [/quote]

Winning games 750% to 900% of the time is really good. Madlax owner is the lowest common denominator of youth sports, but look at the coaching resources he has assembled. You develop players in a program that is set up this way. VLC and Blackwolf are basically the same thing with the exception being VLC made a half assed attempt to do youth teams. VLC had a fast start for a few years when the owner/parent put a lot of resources into it and they were able to poach away kids from other clubs. That's no different from what BW did soon after for HS teams.

VLC has few resources and has gone to the VLC parent coaches plus local public school coaches filling in model. Like BW they have managed to look impressive on paper with college placements, but that is better story than fact. Most VLC and BW kids get heavily promoted by their prep coaches (and sometimes regardless of whether they can play at a high level). Ryan McLernan promised everyone a rainbow, but the bottom line is if you are not a part of the Great Falls youth rec backstory or your kid is not at PVI, Landon then you can just forget it in terms of Dico or Adam Langley supporting your college placement chances until they are done with their first list. Those guys are nice guys and there are exceptions to this, but let's be honest. Jack Rowlett would have been recruited regardless of club team, and kids like Rowe who faces off at Duke were invisible when they played at a public HS and for VLC. Rowe was so underexposed he matriculated to Stony Brook to get a chance, then he transferred to Duke.

If you have a kid playing in the Fairfax Co or Loudon Co public schools, you are way better off with Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, VLC had a great 2015 team. It's been falling apart since then. The 2016 team got decimated when 9 kids left for BW. The 2017 team was a great middle school team and still has a couple outstanding players, but that team also had several families bail out to other clubs. There aren't any elite VLC teams below that grade. Placing kids in college lacrosse isn't that hard considering there are a couple dozen player starved lower tier D1 programs out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, VLC had a great 2015 team. It's been falling apart since then. The 2016 team got decimated when 9 kids left for BW. The 2017 team was a great middle school team and still has a couple outstanding players, but that team also had several families bail out to other clubs. There aren't any elite VLC teams below that grade. Placing kids in college lacrosse isn't that hard considering there are a couple dozen player starved lower tier D1 programs out there.

I agree with this post tell the last point. There has never been more kids playing high school lacrosse then now. And the number of D1 schools has gone up what 5 schools in the last 10 years. So getting on a D1 roster has never been more impressive in the history of college lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you guys actually watched or seen madlax 2020 play? Attend tryouts? I assure it was not pretty. The 2020 team is no where near their 2019 team. I'd welcome them to play in the Elite division so they can get humbled every week and have Maddux lose his mind on the sidelines.

There is a point where playing better competition doesn't help build better players; all it will do is alienate the parents and frustrate the kids. The end result, parents will switch clubs. These are the same parents who have never played the game or think their son is the next Paul Rabil. Obviously it is the team and coaches fault. Never the kid. Obviously finding the right club and coach will fix his work ethic and determination to succeed.

If madlax plays in the Elite division, it isn't because of the talent level. And if they do, I can guarantee there will be turnover come season end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Broadly speaking 2020s and below won't be half the players 2012 or 2014 kids were regardless of club. Club lacrosse doesn't focus enough on developing players with fundamentals or team play. It is a really ugly sport at the youth level now. When people point to 7th and 8th grade kids who are the next college recruits now, I just laugh. The level of play has gotten so bad I am amazed that the recruiting has followed it this far down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you guys actually watched or seen madlax 2020 play? Attend tryouts? I assure it was not pretty. The 2020 team is no where near their 2019 team. I'd welcome them to play in the Elite division so they can get humbled every week and have Maddux lose his mind on the sidelines.

There is a point where playing better competition doesn't help build better players; all it will do is alienate the parents and frustrate the kids. The end result, parents will switch clubs. These are the same parents who have never played the game or think their son is the next Paul Rabil. Obviously it is the team and coaches fault. Never the kid. Obviously finding the right club and coach will fix his work ethic and determination to succeed.

If madlax plays in the Elite division, it isn't because of the talent level. And if they do, I can guarantee there will be turnover come season end.

It looks like to me this team just added 4 to 5 new players from the summer. I think it could end up being more. I am sure they have added 2 VLC kids I do not know where the others came from.
And a team from VA should play at this highest level win or lose so NOVA knows what they need to do to be elite. It could push the elite kids from the other NOVA clubs to combine to one team so we in NOVA can have at least one Elite team at the 2020 age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are saying Madlax 2018 lost a lot of games. I have done the math but I would guess they had a 750% winning percentage or higher over the last 12 months. And everyone knows Madlax 2019 has at least a 900% winning percentage over the last 12 months. Madlax 2020 and 2021 are not great but they are better then VLC 2020 and 2021. So this would mean that Madlax is the better club for this 4 year window.

Winning games 750% to 900% of the time is really good. Madlax owner is the lowest common denominator of youth sports, but look at the coaching resources he has assembled. You develop players in a program that is set up this way. VLC and Blackwolf are basically the same thing with the exception being VLC made a half assed attempt to do youth teams. VLC had a fast start for a few years when the owner/parent put a lot of resources into it and they were able to poach away kids from other clubs. That's no different from what BW did soon after for HS teams.

VLC has few resources and has gone to the VLC parent coaches plus local public school coaches filling in model. Like BW they have managed to look impressive on paper with college placements, but that is better story than fact. Most VLC and BW kids get heavily promoted by their prep coaches (and sometimes regardless of whether they can play at a high level). Ryan McLernan promised everyone a rainbow, but the bottom line is if you are not a part of the Great Falls youth rec backstory or your kid is not at PVI, Landon then you can just forget it in terms of Dico or Adam Langley supporting your college placement chances until they are done with their first list. Those guys are nice guys and there are exceptions to this, but let's be honest. Jack Rowlett would have been recruited regardless of club team, and kids like Rowe who faces off at Duke were invisible when they played at a public HS and for VLC. Rowe was so underexposed he matriculated to Stony Brook to get a chance, then he transferred to Duke.

If you have a kid playing in the Fairfax Co or Loudon Co public schools, you are way better off with Madlax. [/quote]

Some truth in there with regards to private school preference, but all clubs are skewed to the privates. Langley and Dico are outstanding coaches and I would say VLC is much more accommodative than BW or even Madlax.....what public school kids does Madlax have committed D1? Their list on the website is almost exclusively private. It is true that Madlax offers a lot more lax development at the youth level but the price of that is pretty crazy. For youth they are definitely the only game in town in nova for a full service club that doesn't depend on rec to supplement. Those are 3 very different products. I'm not sure I would even consider BW a nova club....they are more DC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Broadly speaking 2020s and below won't be half the players 2012 or 2014 kids were regardless of club. Club lacrosse doesn't focus enough on developing players with fundamentals or team play. It is a really ugly sport at the youth level now. When people point to 7th and 8th grade kids who are the next college recruits now, I just laugh. The level of play has gotten so bad I am amazed that the recruiting has followed it this far down.

Says the bitter old man. Kids attend more clinics, camps, and practices then ever. This is a fact. How can baseball people say the youth has never been better coached and skilled. But lacrosse which is getting larger with tons more camps and practices are worse? I think you have just lost your prescriptive because your son is older. These kids play more then ever. You can argue they will get burned out or have over use injury's but to say they are less skilled is crazy. And to talk about playing a team game. I will use a basketball analogy. Any college coach knows he can take a kid with a great jump shot, dribbling, size and speed, and teach them the Princeton O. But the skills from playing as much as these kids only comes with this much time put into it. I would argue that using complex and detailed plays with youth hurts them more then helps. Because these plays get a kid wide open. And these kids do not learn to beat a man one on one. Or play a two man game. The help you win the 11U Championship but does it make those kids skills better I would say no. I agree they have to learn to pass more and see the slides. But the better teams do teach to pass more and see the double teams. The D1 game is about beating a man one on one. Or seeing the slide. This is not a hard game do not try to make it one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me you are not attending other team's tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no NOVA clubs participating in the HOCO elite 2020 play in tournament. Next Level/MDX/Team91 MD/Cannons. Looks like Madlax and VLC decided to drop out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no NOVA clubs participating in the HOCO elite 2020 play in tournament. Next Level/MDX/Team91 MD/Cannons. Looks like Madlax and VLC decided to drop out.

Were there any other teams that were supposed to participate that dropped out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax needs to be there. There is too much Nova talent to not have a team in the top Hoco league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax needs to be there. There is too much Nova talent to not have a team in the top Hoco league.

The Madlax 2020 team is not very good. They should not be in the top tier. You would agree if you had ever watched them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Madlax 2020 team is not very good. They should not be in the top tier. You would agree if you had ever watched them.

They have added several players. And even if they get smoked each week a NOVA team has to be in the top bracket. We have to give the NOvA kids a option to play in this top bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have added several players. And even if they get smoked each week a NOVA team has to be in the top bracket. We have to give the NOvA kids a option to play in this top bracket.

Why? They have not earned it nor have they come close to winning against the six teams in the bracket in years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could really care less...but 2020 Madlax is not on that level. It is smart to play AA vice elite. The 2019 Madlax team is excellent and is on the elite level. Nova has good talent, but it is diluted more than in Md. Cannons are not up there either nor is MDX. Next level 2020 can probably play at elite, but it will be tough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are one strange dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 Capital team are they playing in the HOCO league YES or NO?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has been answered here multiple times. Get a life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah no each time the person says I think or I heard. No one has said I have a kid on 2020 and we have been told we are not playing in HOCO. Like good reporter I like to check facts and hear from more then one source before I repeat something as a fact. So yes I would love to get a life but this answer kinda of effects my sons life which is part of my life. So I would say I got a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you have no life if you feel that this will effect your son's life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The answer is no, we back out. We knew we couldn't compete. We will be better in the summer. Now make sure you pay your academy fee

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah no each time the person says I think or I heard. No one has said I have a kid on 2020 and we have been told we are not playing in HOCO. Like good reporter I like to check facts and hear from more then one source before I repeat something as a fact. So yes I would love to get a life but this answer kinda of effects my sons life which is part of my life. So I would say I got a life.

Why not just email the owner? Are you really that stupid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not just email the owner? Are you really that stupid?

Hey thanks for the great idea. I never even thought about that. Man I am so stupid. Thanks again I am going to write that email now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 2022 Capital team do today against Cannons, 3D and fl$?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022's results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you just email the coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Madlax 2020 wimp out yesterday and not show up for a game? I am hearing there is some sort of disarray? Did players not show or something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure but that's 2 weeks in a row that they ducked Next Level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 was scheduled play Next Level 2020 in the last game and just left the tournament, no explanation. Next Level played Roughriders/fl$/CB.

Like Reply Quote
Page 38 of 86 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard