BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 90 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody cares except LI dads who get mad that their kids aren't good enough.

LOL.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

LOL.

Wait, MD Dad! Your son is so talented, he has to play down against kids 2 years younger to stand out? Who's not good enough? Now that's LOL, hahahaha. I have to ask? When you take your 15 year old home from a game... Do you say something like? "you really killed it today son, I'm so proud of you" Playing against those 13 year olds you really showed your stuff. I could go on... Hysterically funny, and oh so sad at the same time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

Wait, MD Dad! Your son is so talented, he has to play down against kids 2 years younger to stand out? Who's not good enough? Now that's LOL, hahahaha. I have to ask? When you take your 15 year old home from a game... Do you say something like? "you really killed it today son, I'm so proud of you" Playing against those 13 year olds you really showed your stuff. I could go on... Hysterically funny, and oh so sad at the same time.

As the parent of on age Maryland 2020 AA parent, this is not a LI vs MD thing - hold backs are a private school thing. Kids attending private school are the only ones allowed to hold back for non academic reasons and in both regions they are doing it. Unfortunately, here in MD we have the Crabs who have tainted all of us - we dislike it just as much as anyone else but there are still plenty of parents who feel it is wrong and that the Crabs have ruined youth sports for all the kids. Problem is the hold back parents are just too selfish to see anything wrong with what they are doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

Well said. The fact that these spineless cowards can't see the irony in calling age appropriate kids not good enough, when the only reason their little fairies are playing down, is because they couldn't cut it with kids their own age. Talk about raising boys with no balls. I guess just like the fathers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think ALL clubs should protest by not playing crabs when scheduled to do so in a tournament. then after a summer of no games they'll get it and just sign their team up for '19 bracket, where they should be and the world will return to order. 91 should bump their double hold back to their 19 team as well.

91 has a reverse double holdback - he is playing two years up on Crush and it is a well known fact. Who are you talking about on 91 with a double holdback. Rosters would prove otherwise.

That would be a 1 year up player. Should play 7th grade clearly,as the birth year is 1st half of that grad cut off. Please stop with this! Team also have 2 kids that played on the 91 2019 team last year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I will start by saying I am bitter. My son was on the Crabs over the past two years. This year he was cut as there were many older boys brought down. Trust me when I tell you there are over 10 hold backs on that team some for academic reasons but many from the guidance of RM . These are facts there is no disputing this as my son knows all the boys

Don't think we need more evidence than this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I will start by saying I am bitter. My son was on the Crabs over the past two years. This year he was cut as there were many older boys brought down. Trust me when I tell you there are over 10 hold backs on that team some for academic reasons but many from the guidance of RM . These are facts there is no disputing this as my son knows all the boys

You say academic reasons? I have been a Baltimore County public school teacher for 20 years and I have written many many recommendations for students moving from public to private schools. In my years I maybe recommended a half dozen kids o repeat a grade. Most kids repeating grades are doing so solely for the purpose of sports (lacrosse) then academics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. An anonymous Internet post constitutes evidence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I guess you didn't visit the Huddle page the previous poster referenced. Or perhaps looked at last year's 2019 Crabs roster to compare with this year's 2020?

JUST OWN IT. Why is it so damn hard for you guys? The post may be anonymous on this board, but the people posting are in the know. My son has played with and against the Crabs; knows several of the kids. It isn't rocket science.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you know how the Crabs organization and Ryan M works, this is truly believable and accurate. The sh*t with this organization never changes, it just keeps getting worse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A former 2020 Crab (last year) showed up at the tryouts for the team my son plays on and told us that his son was told by the Crabs coach, that they would love to keep him as a Crab, but that he would have to reclass to 2021. Because they didn't have room for him on the 2020 roster any more. He said that the coach told this same thing to another player and he did indeed reclass to say a Crab. This family decided to stay in 8th grade and will play for another team this summer. All I can say is people are NUTS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a typical Crabs scenario. A kid who is a good attackman, class of 2019 at Gilman school. Ryan M convinces him to re-class. He repeats 7th grade at the Calvert school (k-8 near Gilman). Kid comes back, now 2020 and on the Crabs. Re-classing is my biggest beef with Crabs. Unfortunately he has two willing schools in Gilman and Boys Latin to aid him in this nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crabs can get all the hold backs they want. its all good. but one thing is for certain. you still cant beat CRUSH!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know if that's a typical scenario, but it's a factual one in that the boy re-classed. My son played with the boy. Nice kid, good attackman. I can't say for a fact it was because of RM and not academics, but it doesn't look good. I'll leave it to others to throw the insults around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush has their holdbacks too, my friend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10plus Holdbacks is an alarming number, let alone any kids that started late wow RM WOW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's not be hypocrites. Maybe the reason more LI kids don't reclass is because as big as LI is it's still a small social network. What I mean is everyone knows everyone's business. A lot of gossip and word travels fast across the Island. That is a contributing factor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's not be hypocrites. Maybe the reason more LI kids don't reclass is because as big as LI is it's still a small social network. What I mean is everyone knows everyone's business. A lot of gossip and word travels fast across the Island. That is a contributing factor.

Or maybe, LI parents raise their kids to accept that you have to work hard to excel. Life isn't about taking shortcuts and finding loopholes. Morals, ethics, hard work are critically important life lessons (remember, characteristics youth sports were supposed to help instill). Also, maybe the LI boys have enough respect for themselves and have developed a sufficient backbone to recognize that having to play against younger boys to compete, just makes you a coward, wimp, weakling......it's a long list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another reason is... They don't have to!!! Skill, grit and toughness beat age and size every time. In 2018 NYS Leads in commits by a wide margin. Double the next state. What changes, stays the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Compared to the Baltimore private school self serving clique? You are kidding!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You say academic reasons? I have been a Baltimore County public school teacher for 20 years and I have written many many recommendations for students moving from public to private schools. In my years I maybe recommended a half dozen kids o repeat a grade. Most kids repeating grades are doing so solely for the purpose of sports (lacrosse) then academics.

It depends on how you interpret the phrase "academic reason". If the kid is failing, that would be a legitimate reason. However, if your "academic reason" is part of an overall strategy to gain entrance to a particular school, that is something much different. Repeating the 8th or 9th grade allows the student to not only game the system athletically, but academically as well. It would stand to reason that the average student should be able to turn his 85-88 GPA into a 95-98 the second time around. Effectively duping the brain dead liberals that occupy the office space in admissions. Am I to believe, none of these "prestigious" schools look at the kids age verse their grade level? They don't ask: Is this the second or in some cases the third time this kid has taken these courses??? Perhaps at this point it is beyond the admissions departments comprehension that people would stoop so low to gain entrance to their name brand school. Who knows? It is clear that the strategy of recruiting 20 year old freshman is not panning out that well. Just look at the recent losses of the biggest offenders: UNC, JUH, UVA. Just five years ago these losses would never occur. Sooner or later the kid has to step up and play against the older kids...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends on how you interpret the phrase "academic reason". If the kid is failing, that would be a legitimate reason. However, if your "academic reason" is part of an overall strategy to gain entrance to a particular school, that is something much different. Repeating the 8th or 9th grade allows the student to not only game the system athletically, but academically as well. It would stand to reason that the average student should be able to turn his 85-88 GPA into a 95-98 the second time around. Effectively duping the brain dead liberals that occupy the office space in admissions. Am I to believe, none of these "prestigious" schools look at the kids age verse their grade level? They don't ask: Is this the second or in some cases the third time this kid has taken these courses??? Perhaps at this point it is beyond the admissions departments comprehension that people would stoop so low to gain entrance to their name brand school. Who knows? It is clear that the strategy of recruiting 20 year old freshman is not panning out that well. Just look at the recent losses of the biggest offenders: UNC, JUH, UVA. Just five years ago these losses would never occur. Sooner or later the kid has to step up and play against the older kids...

Large majority of kids I wrote recommendations for were already "A" students.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the ten plus Crabs how many are 15 years old ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big difference in being an A student in Middle school vs HS. Many more distractions. Know plenty of kids who were 95+ in MS. The wheels seem to come off the bus a bit in HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 will win HoCo Elite. Guaranteed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 will win HoCo Elite. Guaranteed.
their not even in it. hahahahahahah

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most credible studies conclude holdbacks for sports or academic advantage have a greater chance of failure in the workforce and have more psychological problems as adults. Parents should think twice before holding a kid back for the wrong reasons. The funny thing is parents who hold kids back for the wrong reason almost never talk to mental health professionals and make the decision alone with a lacrosse or other athletic coach. Crazy stuff.

Big difference in being an A student in Middle school vs HS. Many more distractions. Know plenty of kids who were 95+ in MS. The wheels seem to come off the bus a bit in HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering what teams will be going to NSCLA this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loonies, Roughriders, NH tomahawks, Sons

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just wanted to wish my 8th Grade 2020 AA Elite player a Happy 14th Birthday.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to 91MD, Sons, NH Tomahawks, fl$ playdate in two weeks. Common weather. No storms!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just wanted to wish my 8th Grade 2020 AA Elite player a Happy 14th Birthday.....

That's funny because my 8th grader just turned 13 in November.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Happy birthday! I remember when the hockey stats always said 1st qtr birthdays were the older better kids, Now look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Happy birthday! I remember when the hockey stats always said 1st qtr birthdays were the older better kids, Now look.

what are we supposed to look at?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny because my 8th grader just turned 13 in November.

Congrats to doogie howser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's correct. His son has an early on-grade birthday while your son has a late on-grade birthday. A true 2020, 8th grade, in New [lacrosse] was born between December 1, 2001 and November 30, 2002.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's correct. His son has an early on-grade birthday while your son has a late on-grade birthday. A true 2020, 8th grade, in New [lacrosse] was born between December 1, 2001 and November 30, 2002.

my son is 11/30/02 should i holdback ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland is September 1, 2001 - August 31, 2001 for 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that you mean until August 31, 2002.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think you meant August 31, 2002.

Page 59 of 90 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard